Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perfect first 5 picks?

(03-23-2021, 01:09 PM)Upper Wrote: Was part of my perfect first 5 picks for a reason.

There wasnt any doubt about how talented he was after his freshman year but he is 5'7" and couldn't stay healthy in college.  How's he gonna hold up to these bigger guys in the pros?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-23-2021, 01:09 PM)Upper Wrote: Was part of my perfect first 5 picks for a reason.
Same. He would add a whole new dimension to the offense. My perfect 5:

1. TLaw
1A. Jenkins or Vera Tucker 
2. Rondale Moore
2A. Stokes/Dickerson
3. Brevin Jordan

(03-23-2021, 01:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: 1. TLaw
1A. Jenkins or Vera Tucker 
2. Rondale Moore
2A. Stokes/Dickerson
3. Brevin Jordan

Sign me up right now.

(03-23-2021, 01:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

There wasnt any doubt about how talented he was after his freshman year but he is 5'7" and couldn't stay healthy in college.  How's he gonna hold up to these bigger guys in the pros?

I knew the guy was small, but 5'7"? That is tiny. I bet he'd make a good return man though. Speed, shiftiness and small size are normally beneficial for that position. That lack of size might hurt his draft stock though. I was thinking he was more in the 5'9" range.

(02-15-2021, 11:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 09:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I honestly hope we don't take a WR until the 3rd and Toney is sitting there and I think he will be.  I think Toney will be a lot like Wes Welker

I honestly don't get the fascination with Toney at all. I think he's more like a #3 NFL receiver. Definitely not a #1, but some mocks have him taken in round 1. I don't even think we need a WR at all. If we re-sign Cole, we are 4 deep at the position. I'd pick one or two up as UDFA's.

Toney is at the top of my list of guys I DO NOT want the Jaguars to take in the first 2 rounds. He has R.J. Soward written all over him. Coughlin thought he could change Soward's "immaturity". It turned out to be one of, if not the worst picks he ever made. Toney's love of rapping over football (reportedly) should concern any General Manager who falls in love with his tape. In addition to that, he isn't that fast. Hard pass on Toney; the only receiver I'd consider in the 1st 2 rounds is Rondale Moore and I'd likely wait until pick 45 if he drops that far due to injuries and his 5'7" stature.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2021, 04:04 PM by Cookie6262.)

As a fan from the UK who doesn’t massively follow the college game how realistic/good would the following 5 picks be???

1. T Lawrence. QB
2. Z Collins. LB
3. T Mohrig. S
45. T Marshall Jr WR
65. D Radunz. T

(03-23-2021, 04:03 PM)Cookie6262 Wrote: As a fan from the UK who doesn’t massively follow the college game how realistic/good would the following 5 picks be???

1. T Lawrence.   QB
25.  Z Collins.        LB
33. T Mohrig.         S
45. T Marshall Jr  WR
65. D Radunz.         T

(03-23-2021, 04:03 PM)Cookie6262 Wrote: As a fan from the UK who doesn’t massively follow the college game how realistic/good would the following 5 picks be???

1. T Lawrence.   QB
2. Z Collins.        LB
3. T Mohrig.         S
45. T Marshall Jr  WR
65. D Radunz.         T

1. T Lawrence.   QB
25.  Z Collins.        LB
33. T Mohrig.         S
45. T Marshall Jr  WR
65. D Radunz.         T

Love the first 3 picks

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2021, 04:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Thursday, Ole Miss and Pen ST Pro Day. 2 im really looking foward to

https://steelersnow.com/alabama-center-l...a-pro-day/

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2021, 05:04 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

This guy just needs motivation and I feel Urban is great at that. This guy is still one of my favorite players in this drarft and I think he might be there with our 3rd round pick. Could be the steal of the draft

https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/status/13...01959?s=20

My top corner
https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/status/13...62404?s=20

(03-23-2021, 05:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This guy just needs motivation and I feel Urban is great at that.  This guy is still one of my favorite players in this drarft and I think he might be there with our 3rd round pick.  Could be the steal of the draft

My top corner

Brown looked awful during Senior Bowl week. He was getting "ragdolled" by defenders. He should definitely be available in round 3. After what I saw though, I think we could do better.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2021, 06:13 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

We retained Cam on a prove it year, we know Urban likes Norwell. What he felt the right side of the line is what needed help. How would yall feel a draft of?

1. T Law
1. Jenkins
2. Moehrig
2. Freiermuth
3. Deonte Brown or Wyatt Davis

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2021, 06:21 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-23-2021, 06:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 05:03 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This guy just needs motivation and I feel Urban is great at that.  This guy is still one of my favorite players in this drarft and I think he might be there with our 3rd round pick.  Could be the steal of the draft

My top corner

Brown looked awful during Senior Bowl week. He was getting "ragdolled" by defenders. He should definitely be available in round 3. After what I saw though, I think we could do better.
That was just 1 weekend and right after he won a championship and didn't give up 1 sack his whole college career and was elite.  He probably took a little break but he looks like he is back on the grind after already getting losing 20 pounds since.   I'm not gonna let 1 weekend of a Senior Bowl change my mind of the last 3 years of his dominant gurad play at Alabama.  You were probably one of those same guys that didn't want Orlando Brown after the combine but then wanted us to trade for him a few weeks ago lol

(03-23-2021, 06:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 06:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Brown looked awful during Senior Bowl week. He was getting "ragdolled" by defenders. He should definitely be available in round 3. After what I saw though, I think we could do better.
That was just 1 weekend and right after he won a championship and didn't give up 1 sack his whole college career and was elite.  He probably took a little break but he looks like he is back on the grind after already getting losing 20 pounds since.   I'm not gonna let 1 weekend of a Senior Bowl change my mind of the last 3 years of his dominant gurad play at Alabama.  You were probably one of those same guys that didn't want Orlando Brown after the combine but then wanted us to trade for him a few weeks ago lol

No. I do not want Orlando Brown. He would cost too much and he comes from a gimmicky blocking scheme where he doesn't have to drop back into conventional pass protection. To me, he's too unproven as a LT. With that said, I can see Meyer going after him anyway.

(03-23-2021, 06:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 06:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That was just 1 weekend and right after he won a championship and didn't give up 1 sack his whole college career and was elite.  He probably took a little break but he looks like he is back on the grind after already getting losing 20 pounds since.   I'm not gonna let 1 weekend of a Senior Bowl change my mind of the last 3 years of his dominant gurad play at Alabama.  You were probably one of those same guys that didn't want Orlando Brown after the combine but then wanted us to trade for him a few weeks ago lol

No. I do not want Orlando Brown. He would cost too much and he comes from a gimmicky blocking scheme where he doesn't have to drop back into conventional pass protection. To me, he's too unproven as a LT. With that said, I can see Meyer going after him anyway.

Brown is a LT, the only time he had ever played RT is when Bal put him there because they have Stanley.  He played LT his whole High School and college career and was elite.  He played better last year at LT than he did at RT.  I'd be very happy with Brown in the 3rd

(03-23-2021, 06:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 06:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: No. I do not want Orlando Brown. He would cost too much and he comes from a gimmicky blocking scheme where he doesn't have to drop back into conventional pass protection. To me, he's too unproven as a LT. With that said, I can see Meyer going after him anyway.

Brown is a LT, the only time he had ever played RT is when Bal put him there because they have Stanley.  He played LT his whole High School and college career and was elite.  He played better last year at LT than he did at RT.  I'd be very happy with Brown in the 3rd

I know he played LT in college, but I've always seen him as a RT. He has much quicker feet than Jawaan Taylor and he might be an upgrade over Robinson as well, but I don't see him as an elite LT. I think he'd be fairly average, playing there full time. I don't see him having the quickness and footwork you need to be an elite LT. On the other hand, he is good enough to be a very good RT, which he has already proven. He sees himself as a LT, because his father raised him to believe he has to play LT. There was an article on it a while back. He believes his destiny is to play LT, so he can make his father proud. 

I don't think Baltimore will let him go for a 3rd. I think it will cost at least a 2nd. No way, do I do that.

(03-23-2021, 07:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 06:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Brown is a LT, the only time he had ever played RT is when Bal put him there because they have Stanley.  He played LT his whole High School and college career and was elite.  He played better last year at LT than he did at RT.  I'd be very happy with Brown in the 3rd

I know he played LT in college, but I've always seen him as a RT. He has much quicker feet than Jawaan Taylor and he might be an upgrade over Robinson as well, but I don't see him as an elite LT. I think he'd be fairly average, playing there full time. I don't see him having the quickness and footwork you need to be an elite LT. On the other hand, he is good enough to be a very good RT, which he has already proven. He sees himself as a LT, because his father raised him to believe he has to play LT. There was an article on it a while back. He believes his destiny is to play LT, so he can make his father proud. 

I don't think Baltimore will let him go for a 3rd. I think it will cost at least a 2nd. No way, do I do that.

Not only his father but LT is all he has ever played and he said when he went back to LT he felt much more comfortable and more natural.  They would probably want a first for him

(03-23-2021, 08:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 07:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I know he played LT in college, but I've always seen him as a RT. He has much quicker feet than Jawaan Taylor and he might be an upgrade over Robinson as well, but I don't see him as an elite LT. I think he'd be fairly average, playing there full time. I don't see him having the quickness and footwork you need to be an elite LT. On the other hand, he is good enough to be a very good RT, which he has already proven. He sees himself as a LT, because his father raised him to believe he has to play LT. There was an article on it a while back. He believes his destiny is to play LT, so he can make his father proud. 

Not only his father but LT is all he has ever played and he said when he went back to LT he felt much more comfortable and more natural.  They would probably want a first for him

Would you give up that much for him? I wouldn't.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2021, 09:17 PM by Upper.)

I'm not sure how much worse, but I am confident Brown would be significantly worse on any other team. His slow feet and in general too heavy frame can get away with a whole lot more overstepping and reaching when you almost never have to worry about an inside move because EDGEs are scared to give up outside contain vs Ljax. He also got more extra TE help than any other LT.

(03-23-2021, 09:16 PM)Upper Wrote: I'm not sure how much worse, but I am confident Brown would be significantly worse on any other team. His slow feet and in general too heavy frame can get away with a whole lot more overstepping and reaching when you almost never have to worry about an inside move because EDGEs are scared to give up outside contain vs Ljax. He also got more extra TE help than any other LT.

You act like he just became good when he started blocking for LJ.  He was very good in college as well, helped his QB win a Heisman and would of been a first round pick if it wasn't for his combine.  Probably another reason he wants out of Bal because he has to block for LJ, it's already known WRs don't want to go there