Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(03-29-2021, 06:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 04:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Is anyone here choosing not to get the vaccine even when it is available to them?

At first I wasn't going to get it, but then I got to thinking...  there could be a sort of "vaccine passport" (papers please) to travel.  I also figured that I got so many shots and "vaccines" while I was in the Navy so what's one more?

I still don't wear a mask unless I absolutely have to, and I live my life normally rather than being in fear.

I felt the same way, but I don't see the harm in waiting a few years. I want to see some long term studies before taking this.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2021, 07:59 PM by Jags.)

(03-29-2021, 04:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Is anyone here choosing not to get the vaccine even when it is available to them?

Well, my dad is 73 an has multiple underlying health issues.  He’s had both shots completed about a month ago.  He’s still alive.  Mom is also alive after both shots.  She only has multiple cancer scares.  Other than that, no other issues.  So, I’d say I will take it.  I’ll have to wait until they open it up a handsome young gentleman as myself as I’m not 40 yet. :Smilem only 39 and plan on staying that way for another 10+ years!! 

That being said, I really don’t know when I’ll have the time to get it.  Next week it’ll open up for me but so does my “summer” schedule.  Been trying to find help to work at 15/hr to start and have zero calls. So, looks like I’ll be taking their pay and busting my hump some more.   I’ll get it when I get it, I suppose.

(03-29-2021, 06:41 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 05:52 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Thanks for the detailed answer. Maybe I gave my medical card and just don't remember it correctly.

Well, took my son for his first shot. They definitely only took his DL number. Maybe a state difference or something.

What ages are available to get the shot currently in CA?  Here, it’s now open to 40+. (Which I thought you were ~40).  Next week, I think it’s open to 18 and up in Fl

This vaccination ID proposal is absolute insanity and I cant believe some people are on board with this.

What happened to this country?

(03-30-2021, 12:15 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This vaccination ID proposal is absolute insanity and I cant believe some people are on board with this.

I can envision employers wanting proof of vaccination as a prerequisite to hiring.  Likewise, it becoming a standard question on health and life insurance applications.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-29-2021, 07:54 PM)Jags Wrote:

Well, my dad is 73 an has multiple underlying health issues.  He’s had both shots completed about a month ago.  He’s still alive.  Mom is also alive after both shots.  She only has multiple cancer scares.  Other than that, no other issues.  So, I’d say I will take it.  I’ll have to wait until they open it up a handsome young gentleman as myself as I’m not 40 yet. :Smilem only 39 and plan on staying that way for another 10+ years!! 

That being said, I really don’t know when I’ll have the time to get it.  Next week it’ll open up for me but so does my “summer” schedule.  Been trying to find help to work at 15/hr to start and have zero calls. So, looks like I’ll be taking their pay and busting my hump some more.   I’ll get it when I get it, I suppose.

(03-29-2021, 06:41 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Well, took my son for his first shot. They definitely only took his DL number. Maybe a state difference or something.

What ages are available to get the shot currently in CA?  Here, it’s now open to 40+. (Which I thought you were ~40).  Next week, I think it’s open to 18 and up in Fl

CA is prioritizing ag workers, so we were in the second group after healthcare workers. He could've had his a month ago like me but it took me a while to convince him. Millennials.

(03-30-2021, 12:15 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This vaccination ID proposal is absolute insanity and I cant believe some people are on board with this.

Haven't really heard much on this but if you want to travel or anything of the like just go get the shot.

(03-29-2021, 06:41 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 05:52 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Thanks for the detailed answer. Maybe I gave my medical card and just don't remember it correctly.

Well, took my son for his first shot. They definitely only took his DL number. Maybe a state difference or something.

Turns out it was a CVS thing. Went to Walgreens and got the shot with only a DL number. 

CVS can go to hell.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2021, 08:19 AM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Growing up kids had to get polio and chicken pox vaccinations before they go could go back to school. I was in 7th grade at the time.

This is nothing new.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(03-30-2021, 08:19 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:

Growing up kids had to get polio and chicken pox vaccinations before they go could go back to school. I was in 7th grade at the time.

This is nothing new.

And there were also exemptions as there will be for the Covid Vaccine. What's going to be the problem is that the government is going to encourage private business to become their enforcement arm by denying the basic right to purchase goods and services to those who refuse to go along with the Ihre Papiere Bitte program. Hopefully Governor DeSantis holds firm on this stance that we will not permit that in Florida.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-30-2021, 01:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Well, great!

Dozens in Florida contract COVID-19 after being fully vaccinated (news4jax.com)

26 people in a single county sounds like a production error.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I thought it only prevented Covid from going full on stupid, not prevented people from getting it. 

And yeah, all those people in one county? Something doesn't sound right.

(03-30-2021, 03:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I thought it only prevented Covid from going full on stupid, not prevented people from getting it. 

95% you won't get it at all, virtually 100% that you won't be severely sick i.e. hospital, death.

(03-30-2021, 06:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 06:41 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Well, took my son for his first shot. They definitely only took his DL number. Maybe a state difference or something.

Turns out it was a CVS thing. Went to Walgreens and got the shot with only a DL number. 

CVS can go to hell.

Ha, sounds about right. Well, glad you were able to get it.

(03-30-2021, 03:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I thought it only prevented Covid from going full on, stupid, not prevented people from getting it. 

Oh, come on americus 2.0 just add another comma in the 1st sentence  Smile

(03-30-2021, 01:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

26 people in a single county sounds like a production error.

A friend of mine in Nashville currently has two staff members out positive................both received 2nd shot more than a month ago.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

They did the testing of the vaccine when we were under major lockdown situations. Do we really know how effective they are when exposed to Covid is more likely to happen?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-30-2021, 05:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 03:38 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I thought it only prevented Covid from going full on, stupid, not prevented people from getting it. 

Oh, come on americus 2.0 just add another comma in the 1st sentence  Smile

Tongue

(03-30-2021, 09:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: They did the testing of the vaccine when we were under major lockdown situations. Do we really know how effective they are when exposed to Covid is more likely to happen?

Not that I know of but I think they build that statistical uncertainty into their estimates. But more importantly, the vaccines are all highly effective at preventing the more serious forms of the illness and death.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I'm curious as to if these people exhibited symptoms or only tested positive. I read an account a few weeks ago of several people being exposed to COVID. A couple of them had been vaccinated and tested positive but exhibited no symptoms. The virus can still exist in nasal airways of inoculated people for a swab test to detect, but not affect the carrier.

(03-30-2021, 09:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: They did the testing of the vaccine when we were under major lockdown situations. Do we really know how effective they are when exposed to Covid is more likely to happen?

They don't know a lot about this vaccine. Who's to say people don't develop symptoms that take a while to diagnose. It took over a year to link an uptick in narcolepsy to the H1N1 vaccine in Sweden. I can understand why the elderly or the immuno-compromised may want to take that risk. I just don't know why young, healthy people are getting this. The universal roll out of it still puzzles me. I mean, from a scientific perspective, not an economic one. There's money to be made, folks.

From the very beginning they have said the main purpose of the vaccine is to prevent serious illness and hospitalization, but that in some cases the vaccine does provide some protection from contracting it. Overall, the vaccine is working as designed.

I'm scheduled to get my first dose of Moderna next week.