Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

It's hit or miss with manufacturers. A coworker told me his neighbor received the Moderna shot and spent eight days in the hospital after going into respiratory arrest (must have had a warrant). My nurse friend says it made her bedridden for two days.

The second dose of Pfizer is coming up for me in a week. The first gave me mild body aches and lethargy for a day. But I must have also contracted a cold around the same time because I've been a little stuffy and snotty since then - and I've felt like I have a cold too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-06-2021, 10:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's hit or miss with manufacturers. A coworker told me his neighbor received the Moderna shot and spent eight days in the hospital after going into respiratory arrest (must have had a warrant). My nurse friend says it made her bedridden for two days.

The second dose of Pfizer is coming up for me in a week. The first gave me mild body aches and lethargy for a day. But I must have also contracted a cold around the same time because I've been a little stuffy and snotty since then - and I've felt like I have a cold too.

Oh that's not your normal disposition? Banana
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(04-06-2021, 11:11 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 10:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It's hit or miss with manufacturers. A coworker told me his neighbor received the Moderna shot and spent eight days in the hospital after going into respiratory arrest (must have had a warrant). My nurse friend says it made her bedridden for two days.

Oh that's not your normal disposition? Banana

I am the personification of your signature.

Are we done here?

2nd Moderna gave me very low fever, headache and body aches for about 36 hours.

Something people need to consider is any medications they are currently on. My mom is on two immunosuppressive drugs for two autoimmune disorders and after her second shot the skin on her face got red and started peeling. Her primary care doctor thought it might be shingles and put her on acyclovir but it turns out its not shingles. She's never had this happen before and the only change was that second vaccine shot. It didn't happen after the first. She is waiting to go see her dermatologist to see what they say about it.

I told her she should report that to the manufacturer along with the two meds she's on so it can be factored into the side effects list. Its likely a very rare side effect, but it should be documented.

Here's a good reason for people to get vaccinated.

https://www.health.com/condition/infecti...-disorders

"Researchers are continuing to study the long-term effects of COVID-19. And now, there's evidence to suggest that a third of COVID-19 survivors are struggling with brain disease or other psychiatric disorders.

"That's the major takeaway from new research published in The Lancet Psychiatry on Tuesday. The study analyzed data over a six month period from 236,379 patients who were diagnosed with COVID-19. The researchers discovered that 34% of COVID-19 survivors had a diagnosis for either a neurological or psychological condition within six months after they were infected."

That's a fair point. I know several people who have had adverse side affects from Covid. I've even read that the vaccine may cure some of these psychological conditions. I'm just not convinced you aren't going to see something similar with the vaccine down the road. If and when it does happen, big pharma is going to be much less forthright about the cause and effect relationship.

(04-08-2021, 07:39 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's a fair point. I know several people who have had adverse side affects from Covid. I've even read that the vaccine may cure some of these psychological conditions. I'm just not convinced you aren't going to see something similar with the vaccine down the road. If and when it does happen, big pharma is going to be much less forthright about the cause and effect relationship.

Why?  Big pharma has no liability.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-06-2021, 01:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 11:11 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Oh that's not your normal disposition? Banana

I am the personification of your signature.

Are we done here?

A tiny little banana?  My condolences to your wife.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I just got the J&J vaccine at the FEMA site down here.
Super efficient, army and national guard were helping the county health department.
I haven't seen that much deployed military in person since Hurricane Charley. Reinforces that this whole thing really has been a slow motion emergency.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021, 12:34 PM by The Real Marty.)

(04-08-2021, 07:39 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's a fair point. I know several people who have had adverse side affects from Covid. I've even read that the vaccine may cure some of these psychological conditions. I'm just not convinced you aren't going to see something similar with the vaccine down the road. If and when it does happen, big pharma is going to be much less forthright about the cause and effect relationship.

If it is indeed true that Covid is causing these psychological and neurological disorders, it doesn't follow from that that the vaccine would also cause those psychological and neurological disorders.  Mainly because the vaccine does not give you Covid.  The vaccine side-effects we see are not sickness; those side effects are from your immune system reacting (properly) to the vaccine.

(04-08-2021, 07:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: I just got the J&J vaccine at the FEMA site down here.  
Super efficient, army and national guard were helping the county health department.
I haven't seen that much deployed military in person since Hurricane Charley.  Reinforces that this whole thing really has been a slow motion emergency.

And sheep like you say...

This should have been done from the beginning.........

...just like they want.

(04-08-2021, 07:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: I just got the J&J vaccine at the FEMA site down here.  
I haven't seen that much deployed military in person since Hurricane Charley.  Reinforces that this whole thing really has been a slow motion emergency.

Umm, that’s a pet adoption event. 

Look on the bright side, at least you won’t get parvo.

I tested positive on March 25th.

Second positive in 3 months.

Got pretty sick this time. At this point I just have an annoying little dry cough that won't go away and a little unease of equilibrium that's probably from the cough medicine.

Can't get the vaccine for 90 days now.

(04-09-2021, 12:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

If it is indeed true that Covid is causing these psychological and neurological disorders, it doesn't follow from that that the vaccine would also cause those psychological and neurological disorders.  Mainly because the vaccine does not give you Covid.  The vaccine side-effects we see are not sickness; those side effects are from your immune system reacting (properly) to the vaccine.

This is the big risk that most people who looked at the information are worried about. They don't stop you from getting covid and when your body does get it, it goes into overdrive and actually harms itself. By the time you look to get help, it is too late. I've seen some people say the treatment to stop it is the same for stopping covid severity. If you vitamin D levels are around 50, they say your body can't enter the phase that harms you, cryok... some name like that, so it stops the potential impact. The main issue is people in the central and north USA are always running a low vitamin D level because they can't get enough sun and now being locked inside makes it impossible.

So basically say take vitamin D and ivermectin(sp?) to do what the vaccine is supposed to do without any of the side effects.

On the ivermectin, it is widely used throughout the world and approved in the US. It also has been studied against corona viruses but not really in the US. It is an off label treatment that kills the virus. Here is the big kicker why none of these treatments will ever be approved in the US, there are some regulations that they can't approve the vaccine if there are therapies that work. It has to go through the full testing at that point. I know a lot of people that are getting the vaccine, not locally, but in other states. Thankfully most of them were fine but they all had some levels of side effects. Most were mild but some were out sick for days.

Next step will be companies trying to require it. I don't see how they will legally will do it with an experimental vaccine that is against international law. Israel is already in trouble with that. They may be able to say you have to have it in order to work in the office but I doubt they can say you then have to work in the office.

(04-09-2021, 01:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I tested positive on March 25th.

Got pretty sick this time.  At this point I just have an annoying little dry cough that won't go away and a little unease of equilibrium that's probably from the cough medicine.

What the heck? Are you a CPR mannequin, or something?

Glad to hear you’re doing well.

(04-09-2021, 01:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Got pretty sick this time.  At this point I just have an annoying little dry cough that won't go away and a little unease of equilibrium that's probably from the cough medicine.

What the heck? Are you a CPR mannequin, or something?

LOL

I have to interact with the public in outdoor settings pretty frequently with my new job and despite precautions, there are opportunities to breath the wrong person's exhalation or something.  I can't force others to wear masks outdoors and my county here doesn't regulate congregating closely outside.  70% of the folks down here just ignore all precautions indoor or out anyway.

(04-09-2021, 01:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 01:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What the heck? Are you a CPR mannequin, or something?

LOL

I have to interact with the public in outdoor settings pretty frequently with my new job and despite precautions, there are opportunities to breath the wrong person's exhalation or something.  I can't force others to wear masks outdoors and my county here doesn't regulate congregating closely outside.  70% of the folks down here just ignore all precautions indoor or out anyway.

Are you testing your vitamin D and zinc levels? If not, just pay for test at Quest or Labcorp to make sure they aren't low. You really shouldn't be getting it 2 times (unless you never had it the 1st time).

Shouldn’t you still have antibodies at three months out? What were your symptoms the first go round?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-09-2021, 01:20 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 12:32 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: If it is indeed true that Covid is causing these psychological and neurological disorders, it doesn't follow from that that the vaccine would also cause those psychological and neurological disorders.  Mainly because the vaccine does not give you Covid.  The vaccine side-effects we see are not sickness; those side effects are from your immune system reacting (properly) to the vaccine.

This is the big risk that most people who looked at the information are worried about. They don't stop you from getting covid and when your body does get it, it goes into overdrive and actually harms itself. 

They as in the vaccines? What?