Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Etienne - Rd1, Pick 25

But.... But.... We could of gotten a good back in the 3rd or 4th round

https://twitter.com/SportSourceA/status/...86017?s=20
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 12:26 PM by SamusAranX.)

(04-30-2021, 12:21 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: But.... But.... We could of gotten a good back in the 3rd or 4th round

Stop being positive

(04-30-2021, 01:05 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 01:01 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Here is the thing. Etienne could a great RB. and the end of the 1st round is probably the range for him. However, RBs have short NFL careers as dominant playmakers, maybe ~3 years. Especially ones that had high usage rate in college.

This 1-15 team has a lot of holes in player depth and ideally won't compete until for the division until 2022, much less be contender until like 2023.  Etienne could be washed up by then like Gurley, Ezekiel, Fournette, etc. Also, are you saying there will not be a RB comparable to Etienne in the 22 or 23 draft?

Sure, having a smart 2nd RB with speed and receiving threat helps TL develop and help reduce the offensive load., but can't that guy can be gotten later in this draft or cheap in FA right now instead of using a 1st round pick for a longer term starter at another position?

And then if he is good he's going to hold out and demand his big second contract at the same time that we're going to be trying to give Lawrence his giant second contract and our cap is going to be completely screwed. It's just completely short sighted from every angle, but what would you expect from a coach who doesn't do anything long term like Meyer?

This is my point exactly in case; you already are complaining like a little girl about Meyer and he hasn't coached a SINGLE DOWN yet.

(04-30-2021, 01:49 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 01:46 AM)Dimson Wrote: If you knew how good he would be, would you wait until round 4 to draft him? If you get a Kamara like player, you don't wait until round 4 to take him.
Oh right because we know Etienne will be as good or better than Kamara... ??

No, but that's why we should, oh, I don't know, give the kid a chance or two to live up to his draft status before jumping off the Modis Wells Fargo building?

(04-30-2021, 08:19 AM)burt1jason Wrote: I remember the success we had against NE in the AFC Championship game when we ran Corey Grant with Leonard Fournette in the backfield. If you keyed on Leonard, Corey’s speed could really burn you. Could the same happen with Robinson and Etienne in the same backfield? Would be tough to account for both.....plus Trevor could run if you pay no attention to him. That opens up things for Chark and Shenault.

It's good that you remember that; at the time it seemed like not a huge loss, but when Corey Grant went down in 2018 it definitely hurt our offense.

Has anyone thought about the mesh of running RPO...I mean he’s already the best RB in the country, and he happens to be TLaw’s team mate...

I just think it adds a better cohesive unit in the back field. Picking up the blitz, mesh point of the read option, hot routes.

ET phone home baby. He’s the RB1.

(04-30-2021, 11:40 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I think some of you need to make a youtube video and show us all how mad with the pick you really are..

Let me offer some advice.. When you hit your head against the wall over and over, do it harder each time. That way it REALLY shows us all how angry you really are.. When you wake up, just upload the video. We'll understand then..

[Image: tenor.gif]

(04-30-2021, 10:47 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: I'll just say that I'd much rather pick Etienne than trade up for Najee Harris and leave it at that.  If we traded up for anyone, it should've been Darrisaw.  Unfortunately I doubt our divisional opponents would let us protect our future QB for cheap.  Football Team was probably our best chance at trading up, but the price might've been too high.

agreed.

I certainly hope that Etienne is the next best thing when it comes to run games. I think a lot of the vitriol is more over the initial "what the heck are these unfamiliar FO people doing" reaction when they passed on so many top guys at other positions. I think a lot of the people that are so upset with the pick are likely the same ones that weren't gung ho when either Urbz or Baalke hirings were announced or folks who prefer bulk over twitch.

I have very little confidence that a track team is going to win on speed alone. We saw just this February what speed gets when protection fails. It's not the move I would have made, and frankly, the uncertainty that came with a board that apparently differed greatly from my own gives me pause with respect to tonight's picks.

As NH3 likes to say, "Time will tell".

(04-30-2021, 11:53 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 11:50 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: So because I have a different opinion I’m a homer. Got it! Makes sense, and because I think etienne will improve out offence I must of wanted us to pick a punter in the third round.

Is there anything wrong with wanting to let the players play a game of football before calling it a dumb pick. Isn’t the job of a fan to support the team?

Laughing

Yeah, cheer everything and not question anything, especially when the team has been soooo good for the past 10+ years LOL

I get that but why question something that you have no clue how it goes, your calling it a dumb pick on a guess non of us have any idea so why beat down the organisation. You said yourself how poor they’ve been for 10+ years moan about that stuff, what’s wrong with getting behind the team and wanting the pick to succeed

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 12:50 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Darrisaw, Forrest Lamp, Alex Smith, Fitzmagic, Julio Jones, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

We need a tackle Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Trade Minshew Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Mentor Waaaaaaaaaaaa

(04-30-2021, 12:36 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Has anyone thought about the mesh of running RPO...I mean he’s already the best RB in the country, and he happens to be TLaw’s team mate...

I just think it adds a better cohesive unit in the back field. Picking up the blitz, mesh point of the read option, hot routes.

ET phone home baby. He’s the RB1.

hahahahahaha

best RB in the country.

That's funny.

(04-30-2021, 11:34 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Okay, so I slept on my unmitigated rage, and here's where I've landed.

This pick was very poor value and did not fill a need in my opinion.  However, Etienne is a great player and a tremendous talent.  He will definitely have an impact, and his presence will make Trevor more comfortable.

I wish we'd gone in a different direction, but I'll wait and see what happens.

A parallel from a year ago. Packer fans and their reaction to the JLove pick. Hoo boy were they bitter, and some still are.

No telling if he will live up to the billing, but what the pick represented both in who they passed on and the signal that they are planning to move on from an entrenched player will forever be what he has to overcome.

Touchdown Machine and fast!! NICE!

(04-30-2021, 12:21 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: But.... But.... We could of gotten a good back in the 3rd or 4th round

Since we're copying and pasting stuff... I'll add my insightful but ignored comments from another thread regarding the same thing.

This thing you keep posting leads to a couple of more questions.

The first is what's is the value of a thousand yards rusher? Looked like it didn't have much value last year with Robinson, so why would you stack your board to get someone like that, if the above correlation even means anything?

The second question is what did you pass up to take that back? In the case of this draft maybe nothing at all, we'll have to wait and see what the guys taken later do to really know. The Jaguars will be able to take another guy at 33 overall, but if Etienne turns out to just be a mediocre back and the jags could have had two great players at 25 and 33 but only got one, then the pick will have been really bad.

The biggest problem with taking running backs in the first round is they generally have short careers and don't make big impacts. Would you rather have a guy play great football for your team for 10 years, or 5 years of low impact football?

This kind of move is what I was afraid of with this regime. The move shows a lack of understanding of value.

You have no idea the offensive scheme they want to run, how do you know what value to that offense is? They didn’t burn a top 5 pick on a back, it was near a back 5 pick. If you get a 5 or 6 year starter there it’s a win.

I love the pick. I seriously love it. He’s fast, shifty, and he can MIA TAKE IT TO DA HOUSE!!

(04-29-2021, 11:58 PM)enigma Wrote: Shoot, if my friend put up the following stats:

- 686 att, 4952 rush yards, 7.2 avg, 70 rush TDs
- 102 rec, 1155 rec yards, 11.3 avg, 8 rec TDs

I'd be pulling for him too.

So you are saying that 7.2 yards per attempt is good?  Lol
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Stud!

I’m outta here guys...gotta watch the rest of the draft. Playmakers baby!

(04-30-2021, 01:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I love the pick. I seriously love it. He’s fast, shifty, and he can MIA TAKE IT TO DA HOUSE!!

Not if he has no run blocking from the OT's and they were very poor at that last season.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 01:15 PM by SamusAranX.)

(04-30-2021, 01:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 01:03 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I love the pick. I seriously love it. He’s fast, shifty, and he can MIA TAKE IT TO DA HOUSE!!

Not if he has no run blocking from the OT's and they were very poor at that last season.

Well an undrafted back did ok behind that horrible line. What was his name again? i can't remember.

Seriously, if they had made this pick today at 33, everyone would be in support of it. Late first rounders are basically early second rounders. It's why the inverse order can be a bad thing for consistently good teams sometimes.

I've been clamoring for years that we need a shifty back similar to Darren Sproles in his prime so I can't complain about getting Etienne.

I think he was dealing with a nagging hamstring last year so his production was off but the prior 2 years he was the best back in the nation. All time leading ACC Rusher

I haven't read the 9 pages of this thread so this may be repetitive to other posts.

All these people in here talking about this are how losing teams pick ...dude we are the losing team and we never picked like this....we usually do what the Raiiiderrrrs did draft a second-round player in the First then beat our chest like we the smartest in the room... The Coach wants winners and players who played in big games consistently... all this we need an O-lineman not in the first After Darrisaw who were you going to pick ...I don't like mohring with that pick seems like teams after the Jags thought the same thing all these players some of you were crying are still there it would have because Jaguars all over again reaching..Change is here embrace it.