Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(04-21-2021, 05:16 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The Pfizer vaccine can possibly trigger herpes zoster, or shingles, in folks who have a specific underlying autoimmune disease they may not even know they have. And people wonder why folks are hesitant to get these vaccines. Shingles are for life. Blood clots cause heart attacks and strokes. Yeah, no thank you. 

Link

(04-21-2021, 05:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Mike and Hurricane now have a cover story for their less than protective college life.

What the heck !!!  Imagine trying to explain that one to your spouse.  Coming down with herpes as a result of a vaccine.  Like, sure ya did dude.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-27-2021, 04:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 05:16 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The Pfizer vaccine can possibly trigger herpes zoster, or shingles, in folks who have a specific underlying autoimmune disease they may not even know they have. And people wonder why folks are hesitant to get these vaccines. Shingles are for life. Blood clots cause heart attacks and strokes. Yeah, no thank you. 

Link

(04-21-2021, 05:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Mike and Hurricane now have a cover story for their less than protective college life.

What the heck !!!  Imagine trying to explain that one to your spouse.  Coming down with herpes as a result of a vaccine.  Like, sure ya did dude.

Lol.  "Show me the test results for that autoimmune disease you didn't know you had plus the info relating it to this vaccine with the possibility of a herpes outbreak and then we'll talk about letting you back in the house."

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2021, 08:37 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

$100 savings bond to get vaccinated. I'm sure that will be useful in 20 years when it matures.

We need new politicians.

Do those already vaccinated get repatriations?

(04-28-2021, 07:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: $100 savings bond to get vaccinated. I'm sure that will be useful in 20 years when it matures.

We need new politicians.

Do those already vaccinated get repatriations?
Doesn't that open them up to liability?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(04-27-2021, 04:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Link

Herpes as in the chicken pox virus which causes shingles, not the kind that attacks your nether regions. Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Link

If people are so afraid of getting shingles that they would avoid getting vaccinated for Covid, why don't they get the shingles vaccine?  They could get the shingles vaccine, then get the Covid vaccine.  Problem solved.

Our government sent us all a terrible message last night about the effectiveness of this vaccine.

(04-29-2021, 07:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Link

If people are so afraid of getting shingles that they would avoid getting vaccinated for Covid, why don't they get the shingles vaccine?  They could get the shingles vaccine, then get the Covid vaccine.  Problem solved.

I can’t speak for everyone, but getting a vaccine to get a vaccine is not normal.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

It's the new normal.

The wife and I went back to Bucee’s for another beef jerky run (time for some intervention, it’s getting to be an expensive habit). While inside I removed my mask. It was liberating. I felt almost as free as the time I removed my clothes in a…um, it was liberating!

(05-10-2021, 09:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The wife and I went back to Bucee’s for another beef jerky run (time for some intervention, it’s getting to be an expensive habit). While inside I removed my mask. It was liberating. I felt almost as free as the time I removed my clothes in a…um, it was liberating!
I haven't worn one in a while. Doctors office is probably the only place as I can't get out of it. I just don't put one on and just say no thanks if asked and keep walking. If they push it, they can't get around a medical exemption and can't ask what it is.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(05-10-2021, 09:32 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 09:15 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The wife and I went back to Bucee’s for another beef jerky run (time for some intervention, it’s getting to be an expensive habit). While inside I removed my mask. It was liberating. I felt almost as free as the time I removed my clothes in a…um, it was liberating!
I haven't worn one in a while. Doctors office is probably the only place as I can't get out of it. I just don't put one on and just say no thanks if asked and keep walking. If they push it, they can't get around a medical exemption and can't ask what it is.

Even though I'm fully vaccinated, I wear one when in a store or someplace like that.  I try not to judge people who aren't wearing one, but I wear mine just to be polite.  And, of course, to make a statement about mask wearing.  But again, I'm not judging you if you're not wearing one at this point.

I am not getting the vaccine or is anyone else in my family getting it. Not until it is proven to not kill people, at least.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-10-2021, 09:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 09:32 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I haven't worn one in a while. Doctors office is probably the only place as I can't get out of it. I just don't put one on and just say no thanks if asked and keep walking. If they push it, they can't get around a medical exemption and can't ask what it is.

Even though I'm fully vaccinated, I wear one when in a store or someplace like that.  I try not to judge people who aren't wearing one, but I wear mine just to be polite.  And, of course, to make a statement about mask wearing.  But again, I'm not judging you if you're not wearing one at this point.

Same for me, but there were so many people in there without a mask I figured “might as well”. 

My big concern is with employees, but infection rates are so low now that I’m not sure if it makes any difference if customers are wearing a mask.

(05-10-2021, 09:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 09:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Even though I'm fully vaccinated, I wear one when in a store or someplace like that.  I try not to judge people who aren't wearing one, but I wear mine just to be polite.  And, of course, to make a statement about mask wearing.  But again, I'm not judging you if you're not wearing one at this point.

Same for me, but there were so many people in there without a mask I figured “might as well”. 

My big concern is with employees, but infection rates are so low now that I’m not sure if it makes any difference if customers are wearing a mask.
The masks don't stop it. I got it while wearing a mask and plenty of studies show how useless they are.

I haven't been wearing a mask, so why start now?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

One thing is for sure, seeing the POTUS wearing not one, but two masks, while in a room with people who have all been vaccinated does not breed confidence for the public to get vaccinated.

Take the masks off, you idiotic hypocritical meat puppet, and lead by example.

(05-10-2021, 10:03 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 09:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Same for me, but there were so many people in there without a mask I figured “might as well”. 

The masks don't stop it. I got it while wearing a mask and plenty of studies show how useless they are.

Again.  This is the umpteenth time I have said this, but here we are again anyway- the mask is for the purpose of stopping you from spreading the disease.  It is much less effective in stopping you from catching it, and you probably caught it because someone who was infected was not wearing a mask.  

I don't understand why people still cannot get this simple concept- you wear a mask not to protect you from other people, but to protect other people from you.

(05-10-2021, 09:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 09:36 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Even though I'm fully vaccinated, I wear one when in a store or someplace like that.  I try not to judge people who aren't wearing one, but I wear mine just to be polite.  And, of course, to make a statement about mask wearing.  But again, I'm not judging you if you're not wearing one at this point.

I respect the individual establishment's rules.  I don't have to wear one 75% of the time out here in TX.  But if they have a sign on the door I will respect their rules and wear one.  I'm getting tire of wearing one, but I will respect the vendors' rules.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-10-2021, 11:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 10:03 AM)p_rushing Wrote: The masks don't stop it. I got it while wearing a mask and plenty of studies show how useless they are.

Again.  This is the umpteenth time I have said this, but here we are again anyway- the mask is for the purpose of stopping you from spreading the disease.  It is much less effective in stopping you from catching it, and you probably caught it because someone who was infected was not wearing a mask.  

I don't understand why people still cannot get this simple concept- you wear a mask not to protect you from other people, but to protect other people from you.

nope everyone was wearing a mask and I didn't interact anyone else without one