Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-22-2021, 04:34 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(05-22-2021, 10:20 AM)Dimson Wrote: What evidence is there that he can't catch? I doubt Meyer brings him in if he can't catch a cold. People need to get that one pass play with the Jets out of their mind. That wasn't Tebow's fault he didn't catch that pass. It was a bad pass and pretty much no one was making that catch.

What evidence do we have that he can? Actually he probably can manage to snag a pass or two, I said as much. But there's a lot more than that to playing TE.

My evidence is the Jags signed him after giving him a try out which I am sure included catching a couple balls. Now can he do it in a game? That remains to be seen.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-22-2021, 02:40 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-22-2021, 01:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I could see this, I think he could be a monster on STs.  Gonna say he forces at least 2 fumbles

What leads you to this conclusion, I mean other than blind Tebowism?

Well, he never said they would be on the other team.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-22-2021, 01:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-22-2021, 12:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Tim Tebow, Special Teams Ace.

Punt Protector.
Holder.
Kickoff Team.
Punt Return Team.

I could see this, I think he could be a monster on STs.  Gonna say he forces at least 2 fumbles

Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

<mod mode>
Keep it football related please.
</mod mode>
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Has anyone seen the online betting odds of Tebow winning league MVP at +25000

This is crazy..

(05-22-2021, 10:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Has anyone seen the online betting odds of Tebow winning league MVP at +25000

This is crazy..

I bet Rico and Flsptsgod are making bets right now in their Tebow jerseys
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-22-2021, 11:07 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-22-2021, 10:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Has anyone seen the online betting odds of Tebow winning league MVP at +25000

This is crazy..

Sucker bet.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2021, 07:41 AM by RicoTx.)

(05-22-2021, 11:07 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:

This is crazy..

Nyuk, nyuk.  That was a knee-slapper.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

At this point my biggest concern w/T2 is his conditioning. Will he be in football shape? As we know, he's been away for a long time but coach Meyer has the confidence in him thus far meaning we the fans has to get on board whether we like it or not. I personally was opposed but the ink is dry. Let's just pray that if he's not worthy of a roster spot, it's recognized and acknowledged. If he is worthy and can honestly help our team other than selling memorabilia then we'll have another source of Mania.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(05-23-2021, 07:39 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-22-2021, 11:07 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I bet Rico and Flsptsgod are making bets right now in their Tebow jerseys

Nyuk, nyuk.  That was a knee-slapper.

C'mon dude.. It'll be alright.. It ain't the end of the world..

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2021, 09:05 AM by RicoTx.)

(05-23-2021, 08:50 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 07:39 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Nyuk, nyuk.  That was a knee-slapper.

C'mon dude.. It'll be alright.. It ain't the end of the world..

Not quite sure where I even closely intimated that.  But I know you have this deep-seeded need to have the last word, so knock yourself out.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2021, 09:16 AM by Pendragon.)

(05-21-2021, 01:06 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-21-2021, 12:24 PM)Pendragon Wrote: I can see why this board would be slightly elitist, after all you are a 12-win team... over the last three years.

Im with you, Tim and Urban.  Go Jags!

So what did Tebow do within that time frame to make ANY team a winner?

For that matter, what did Tebow do WHEN HE WAS PLAYING-more than eight years ago to make any team a winner?  He had the one pass against cover zero to beat Pittsburgh, then got blitzed 45-10 the next week.  But make no mistake, the Denver defense carried that team.  Denver won once they moved on from Tebow.  New England won before kicking the tires on Tebow and after they shipped him off.  The Jets won the Super Bowl in 1969, and haven't won since, including when they kicked the tires on him.  In fact, they drafted at least two QBs high after getting rid of him.

Amazing.  Tebow took over for Kyle Orton when the Broncos were 1-4 (2011).  They were 4-12 the previous year and had, statistically, the worst defense in the NFL (The Broncos had the league's worst defense in 2010, allowing a league-worst 471 points (29.4 per game) and 6,253 yards.) He went 7-4 with a horrible team, became the top rushing team in the league, won the division and then went 1-1 in the playoffs.  I don’t care if you don’t like him, but I’m not about to sit back and let you rewrite verifiable history. Broncos went from losers to winners.  Sorry if that hurts feelings.

[url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Denver_Broncos_season#cite_note-2][/url]

(05-23-2021, 09:04 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 08:50 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: C'mon dude.. It'll be alright.. It ain't the end of the world..

Not quite sure why I even closely intimated that.  But I know you have this deep-seeded need to have the last word, so knock yourself out.

You've been around here a long time dude. Seen the crap this organization dealt all of us through the years. Things have been way worse and some of ya'll never took it this hard. There was a long period on this board where everyone here was questioning if we were even going to have this team the following season, if they were going to Cali, London, St Louis ect.. We survived that garbage and we'll survive this garbage.. He ain't gonna be around long.. I think the majority of us know it's a publicity stunt..

How's that for the last word? Now go eat your prunes..

(05-23-2021, 09:16 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 09:04 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Not quite sure why I even closely intimated that.  But I know you have this deep-seeded need to have the last word, so knock yourself out.

You've been around here a long time dude. Seen the crap this organization dealt all of us through the years. Things have been way worse and some of ya'll never took it this hard. There was a long period on this board where everyone here was questioning if we were even going to have this team the following season, if they were going to Cali, London, St Louis ect.. We survived that garbage and we'll survive this garbage.. He ain't gonna be around long.. I think the majority of us know it's a publicity stunt..

How's that for the last word? Now go eat your prunes..
Long time till camp starts

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Just seen the betting odds of him taking a snap in week 1 is +425
I read that he has somewhere like a 12% chance of making the roster.

(05-23-2021, 01:56 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Just seen the betting odds of him taking a snap in week 1 is +425

Does that mean a snap under center or can he line up at fullback or tight end?

(05-23-2021, 02:26 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 01:56 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Just seen the betting odds of him taking a snap in week 1 is +425

Does that mean a snap under center or can he line up at fullback or tight end?

Pretty sure that means any snap at any position.

[Image: 190193053_3004745623139427_1409862448414...e=60D1BEC7]

The bottom line is that he will have to look good on the field to make the team. If he looks bad, he will get cut. Wait and see then judge

I don't think I've seen anyone here attack Tebow the man, (as far as I've seen, I could be wrong), but I have seen him attacked as a player. We all have our reservations about his playing ability, I think we can all pretty much share in that aspect. How he handles himself on and off the field should be admired and respected.. How he plays is a different story. That's the main problem here. We all know that he's an upstanding individual but being an upstanding individual isn't going to help this team win football games. Honestly, I hope he pulls it off and gives us some depth on the TE front, will it happen? Probably not. Just have to wait and see..