Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

I wish my wife would start paying attention to product labels. If I ask her to get something at the store, out of a sea of the items on a shelf I want, she manages to grab a fat-free, sugar-free, sodium-free, gluten-free, taste-free (that’s all on one label) version of it.

What was left in the half gallon of milk we have was getting ready to expire. I ask her to get another one. Out of a sea of fresh milk, she manages to grab the jug with the exact same expiration date as the one in our fridge.

It’s just, just…

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-11-2021, 07:24 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 08:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: The cows or the weird religious sect? 

Cows are like watching over a few dozen 1500lbs toddlers.

The screw cows part...lol

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8392671]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021, 10:59 AM by rpr52121.)

Regarding the planet based meat substitutes. I feel the Impossible burger meat and ground beef is better than the Beyond. However the Beyond bratwurst and such is better. Other freezer varieties are alright, but definitely not the same thing. But many of the bean patties, or vegetable patties are not trying to really be substitutes. They are still way better than most seitan, tofu or tempeh.

I think the biggest thing is the mentality when you try them. If you go in with I'm eating this to replace meat, you will probably be disappointed. If you go in to try as if it is just another food option, you can be pleasantly surprised.

I've tried the fake meat. It tricks your mind for a split second and then the aftertaste kicks in and you realize the texture is all wrong. I just can't deal with it. To each their own, but that stuff is not for me. I gotta have my beef, pork chicken, turkey and wild game. I do really like my turkey bacon though. I prefer it to real bacon. Real bacon makes me feel like I'm eating a strip of fat. Turkey bacon makes me feel like I'm eating a strip of meat.

(05-13-2021, 01:09 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I've tried the fake meat. It tricks your mind for a split second and then the aftertaste kicks in and you realize the texture is all wrong. I just can't deal with it. To each their own, but that stuff is not for me. I gotta have my beef, pork chicken, turkey and wild game. I do really like my turkey bacon though. I prefer it to real bacon. Real bacon makes me feel like I'm eating a strip of fat. Turkey bacon makes me feel like I'm eating a strip of meat.

You just expressed my point. You went in expecting it to replace meat. It will disappoint you if you have that mindset.

I bought a humidifier in the fall of 2019 and now I can't find filters for it. I hate that the consumerism mindset drives the 'latest and greatest' so things you buy are practically obsolete in a few years time. Talk about wasteful. A friend of mine buys the newest iPhone every time one comes out and it drives me nuts. Like what's wrong with the one you bought six months ago?

I saw an article headline recently about how innovation is becoming an issue. I wish I had read it but I was looking for something else and forgot to go back to it.

(05-23-2021, 02:20 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I bought a humidifier in the fall of 2019 and now I can't find filters for it. I hate that the consumerism mindset drives the 'latest and greatest' so things you buy are practically obsolete in a few years time. Talk about wasteful. A friend of mine buys the newest iPhone every time one comes out and it drives me nuts. Like what's wrong with the one you bought six months ago?

I saw an article headline recently about how innovation is becoming an issue. I wish I had read it but I was looking for something else and forgot to go back to it.

Innovation and creativity both seem to be drying up in our current age of technology and the arts. New ideas and new stories seem to be out of fashion.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Am I the only one who thinks those huge gaudy thigh tattoos some women are sporting now looks trashy as hell?

(05-23-2021, 06:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks those huge gaudy thigh tattoos some women are sporting now looks trashy as hell?

No.. matter of fact it's a huge turnoff for me. My wife has a few, but they're easily covered up.. She can wear shorts or a dress and they still can't be seen. Maybe I'm old school, but I like my women to look like women, not Popeye The Sailorwoman.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-23-2021, 06:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks those huge gaudy thigh tattoos some women are sporting now looks trashy as hell?

I don't understand the attraction either.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-23-2021, 07:06 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

I don't understand the attraction either.

It’s a ‘look at me’ thing.

I like them when they are reasonably artistic and uniform; don't care for a woman who has bunches of them all over.

Gaudy tattoos are trashy no matter who sports them.

I have one tattoo on my shoulder blade area that actually has meaning for me. I thought my in-laws were going to have a heart attack the first time they noticed it. They're extremely conservative and small town. Thankfully they have known me most of my life so they couldn't really hold it against me.

Are cleavage tats a thing there? 10x worse to me. 

Not really a fan of tattoos in general if I'm being honest.

(05-23-2021, 11:50 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

Isn't cleavage in between all tats?

Oooooohhhh....tats.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Ew, I've never seen nor heard of those before.

(05-24-2021, 02:10 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 11:50 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Are cleavage tats a thing there? 10x worse to me. 

Ew, I've never seen nor heard of those before.

[Image: black-top-necklace-flowers-heart-chest-t...n-hair.jpg]

Like this but lower down.

I get the concept I just never heard of it being a thing.

Anything you buy at the grocery store that is in "resealable" plastic bags. Resealable my [BLEEP]! Also, any sort of plastic wrap, cling wrap, etc. All of it, all a lie, they all suck!

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2021, 10:11 AM by The Real Marty.)

(05-25-2021, 08:52 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Anything you buy at the grocery store that is in "resealable" plastic bags.  Resealable my [BLEEP]!  Also, any sort of plastic wrap, cling wrap, etc.  All of it, all a lie, they all suck!

Are you like, mentally challenged, you can't reseal the resealable plastic bags?  lol

Tattoos are for the lower classes.