Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-28-2021, 10:31 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 10:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's how much he hates to lose.  You will be the one crying if he makes that team.  If he wasn't talented he wouldn't be getting a chance out of the 90.  He impressed the scouts enough to get a chance so let's see if he is good enough to make the 53, it remains to be seen

If he makes the team it will be for a TE spot but I do think we will have some trick and short yardage plays for him.

No.. he got a chance because he lives in the same Country Club as Urban Meyer and they are buddies.
Urban wasn't even there when he first tried out, it was just the scouts and he WOW'd them

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sigh.

Okay. The 34 year old slow lumbering guy who honestly isn't very smart converting to a position where he's expected to learn route trees, blocking assignments and then use all of that in the moment against NFL players that are bigger, stronger, faster, younger, tougher and have actually played their position their entire life... he impressed our scouts.

It's time to fire them all.

(05-28-2021, 10:37 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Sigh.

Okay. The 34 year old slow lumbering guy who honestly isn't very smart converting to a position where he's expected to learn route trees, blocking assignments and then use all of that in the moment against NFL players that are bigger, stronger, faster, younger, tougher and have actually played their position their entire life... he impressed our scouts.

It's time to fire them all.

Weren't they let go at draft time?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-28-2021, 10:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 10:14 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Are you truly that dense?

You Tebow worshippers really do live in an alternate universe where reality is just a vague concept.

We don't care about his college career... at all. In fact, my College team made poor Timmy boy cry and Urban quit in the first place... this isn't about College.

This is the NFL.. where every player is big, every player is strong, and every player is talented.. Tebow is 2 of those things. Deal with that and move on.

That's how much he hates to lose.  You will be the one crying if he makes that team.  If he wasn't talented he wouldn't be getting a chance out of the 90.  He impressed the scouts enough to get a chance so let's see if he is good enough to make the 53, it remains to be seen

(05-28-2021, 10:06 AM)Dimson Wrote: Stop with this whole Taysom Hill 2.0 nonsense. If he makes the team, it will be as a TE, that is it. No one holds a roster spot for a 5th TE just to have him run on short yardage. If he makers the team he will have to be one of 4 TEs to make the 53 man roster.

If he makes the team it will be for a TE spot but I do think we will have some trick and short yardage plays for him.

This guy is so delusional  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-28-2021, 10:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 10:31 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: No.. he got a chance because he lives in the same Country Club as Urban Meyer and they are buddies.
Urban wasn't even there when he first tried out, it was just the scouts and he WOW'd them

Link?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-28-2021, 10:41 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 10:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's how much he hates to lose.  You will be the one crying if he makes that team.  If he wasn't talented he wouldn't be getting a chance out of the 90.  He impressed the scouts enough to get a chance so let's see if he is good enough to make the 53, it remains to be seen

This guy is so delusional  Laughing
He's gone from "just make the team" to "he's already got a great connection with Trevor" to "the current NFL is made for Tebow so let's take Trevor off the field and have Tebow run some sets with Etienne".

It's insane.

Trevor should sit for a year and learn from a veteran like Tebow. After all, he took the Broncos to the playoffs. 

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

(05-28-2021, 10:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Trevor should sit for a year and learn from a veteran like Tebow. After all, he took the Broncos to the playoffs. 

Yeah, just wait, he'll be saying something like that soon  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-28-2021, 10:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Trevor should sit for a year and learn from a veteran like Tebow. After all, he took the Broncos to the playoffs. 

Please, please, don't put that idea in his head.

Laughing

What could we get for Lawrence if we traded him? Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif]

(05-28-2021, 10:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 10:41 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: This guy is so delusional  Laughing
He's gone from "just make the team" to "he's already got a great connection with Trevor" to "the current NFL is made for Tebow so let's take Trevor off the field and have Tebow run some sets with Etienne".

It's insane.
Can you show me where I said he will make the team?  I dont know if he makes the team or not, im just going by reports.  But dude is in great shape.

(05-28-2021, 11:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 10:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: He's gone from "just make the team" to "he's already got a great connection with Trevor" to "the current NFL is made for Tebow so let's take Trevor off the field and have Tebow run some sets with Etienne".

It's insane.
Can you show me where I said he will make the team?  I dont know if he makes the team or not, im just going by reports.  But dude is in great shape.

Tell me what position player isn't.   This isn't even a talking point.

(05-28-2021, 11:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 10:49 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: He's gone from "just make the team" to "he's already got a great connection with Trevor" to "the current NFL is made for Tebow so let's take Trevor off the field and have Tebow run some sets with Etienne".

It's insane.

Urban Meyer is the smartest guy in the room for signing someone you're unsure will make the team. 

Got it.

I'm sure there will be a play where Tebow is behind center in a option and T Law is out wide.  Remember when Bortles caught that TD pass?

(05-28-2021, 11:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I'm sure there will be a play where Tebow is behind center in a option and T Law is out wide.  Remember when Bortles caught that TD pass?
So there are already plays designed for Tebow and yet you don't think he will make the team?

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 11:20 AM by RicoTx.)

(05-28-2021, 11:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Wait, wait.  You said he might not be on the final 53.  Now I'm confused.

Tebow worshippers are a funny lot.

Hhahahaha this is hilarious

(05-28-2021, 11:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm sure there will be a play where Tebow is behind center in a option and T Law is out wide.  Remember when Bortles caught that TD pass?
So there are already plays designed for Tebow and yet you don't think he will make the team?

Wait, what?  Where did I say I don't think he will make the team?  You are confused...  I have no clue if he makes the team, if he does I think there will be some trick plays designed just for him just like people around the league think

(05-28-2021, 11:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So there are already plays designed for Tebow and yet you don't think he will make the team?

Wait, what?  Where did I say I don't think he will make the team?  You are confused...  I have no clue if he makes the team, if he does I think there will be some trick plays designed just for him just like people around the league think

"I'm sure there will be a play where Tebow is behind center in a option and T Law is out wide"