Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(06-04-2021, 12:01 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 11:57 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Americus, I've seen this man get in to, and out of trouble for the last almost 50 years. He's been in and out of Juvie hall/Jail since I've known him. Yeah, he manages to stay out of trouble for a for years but..... he always does something stupid to put him back in. Before the 5 years in a Maryland Prison, he spent 12 years in an Arkansas prison..... I'm just damn lucky I have not been caught up in his stupidity..... You can only take so much, and you can only help so much before you say the hell with it...... You can not say I that I have not been more than patient with him but damn....Too much is too much.....

He’s been institutionalized.

Exactly. 

And I never said you had to put up with his crap, Drifter, I was just making an observation. Good for you for cutting toxic ties.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-01-2021, 06:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 05:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I've got some poison ivy/oak in my "back yard" on our property.  I usually rip it out of the trees with a skid steer and put it in the burn pile.  So far (knock on wood) we haven't had any contact with it and no effects from it.  I'm hoping that we get some rain this week so I can do some burning.  I have lots of brush/trees piled up that I need to get rid of.

Have you burned poison ivy/oak/sumac before? I've read that you shouldn't because the fumes from the burning oil can actually do damage to your lungs. My husband's uncle did it once and it jacked him up pretty bad for a bit. Wear an N95 mask if you have one. I assume that will help some. Might want to read up on that.

I burn it all the time.  I'm pretty selective as far as when/how I burn.  I've held off the past couple of weeks because it has been so dry.  After assessing today, I'll light up another pile early tomorrow morning.  Keep in mind, it is mixed in with lots of other brush/trees that burns very hot and very fast.  I have to stay up-wind of the fire as I'm feeding it so that I don't catch my skid steer on fire.

For the most part I stay out of the smoke from my fires and because of the heat, it all goes almost straight up anyway.

I wish that I was set up to sell firewood right now.  I have so much that is split and "ready to burn" right now and a ton of logs that need to be split.  I've gotten to the point to where I'm just burning trees just to get rid of them.  This is all mainly Oak and Hickory with a few Pines mixed in.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-04-2021, 05:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 06:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Have you burned poison ivy/oak/sumac before? I've read that you shouldn't because the fumes from the burning oil can actually do damage to your lungs. My husband's uncle did it once and it jacked him up pretty bad for a bit. Wear an N95 mask if you have one. I assume that will help some. Might want to read up on that.

I burn it all the time.  I'm pretty selective as far as when/how I burn.  I've held off the past couple of weeks because it has been so dry.  After assessing today, I'll light up another pile early tomorrow morning.  Keep in mind, it is mixed in with lots of other brush/trees that burns very hot and very fast.  I have to stay up-wind of the fire as I'm feeding it so that I don't catch my skid steer on fire.

For the most part I stay out of the smoke from my fires and because of the heat, it all goes almost straight up anyway.

I wish that I was set up to sell firewood right now.  I have so much that is split and "ready to burn" right now and a ton of logs that need to be split.  I've gotten to the point to where I'm just burning trees just to get rid of them.  This is all mainly Oak and Hickory with a few Pines mixed in.

Just curious, are you even allergic to poison ivy/oak/sumac(same oil)?  I’ve had an employee that is not allergic to it and he’s my go to guy to remove it from my clients property.  I wouldn’t dare burn that [BLEEP].  I’m super allergic and have welt-like scars from past encounters.  

Oh... you’ve got a hickory surplus you say.. if it’s good I’d buy that off you.  I can’t seem to find any more than oak, pecan and cherry around here.  I’d love to get my hands on hickory that’s been split.  I don’t even care if I need to season it myself.

(06-04-2021, 06:24 PM)Jags Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 05:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I burn it all the time.  I'm pretty selective as far as when/how I burn.  I've held off the past couple of weeks because it has been so dry.  After assessing today, I'll light up another pile early tomorrow morning.  Keep in mind, it is mixed in with lots of other brush/trees that burns very hot and very fast.  I have to stay up-wind of the fire as I'm feeding it so that I don't catch my skid steer on fire.

Just curious, are you even allergic to poison ivy/oak/sumac(same oil)?  I’ve had an employee that is not allergic to it and he’s my go to guy to remove it from my clients property.  I wouldn’t dare burn that [BLEEP].  I’m super allergic and have welt-like scars from past encounters.  

Oh... you’ve got a hickory surplus you say.. if it’s good I’d buy that off you.  I can’t seem to find any more than oak, pecan and cherry around here.  I’d love to get my hands on hickory that’s been split.  I don’t even care if I need to season it myself.

I had a friend in PA that burnt it in a pile and he ended up in the hospital for a couple of days.  Granted a) he didn't realize he was burning it and b) he was/is very allergic.  But he was [BLEEP] up for a couple of days.  His eyes were pretty much swollen shut.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-04-2021, 06:36 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 06:24 PM)Jags Wrote: Just curious, are you even allergic to poison ivy/oak/sumac(same oil)?  I’ve had an employee that is not allergic to it and he’s my go to guy to remove it from my clients property.  I wouldn’t dare burn that [BLEEP].  I’m super allergic and have welt-like scars from past encounters.  

I had a friend in PA that burnt it in a pile and he ended up in the hospital for a couple of days.  Granted a) he didn't realize he was burning it and b) he was/is very allergic.  But he was [BLEEP] up for a couple of days.  His eyes were pretty much swollen shut.
I believe it.  For the right (or wrong) person.. it’s intense/no joke.   Nothing to joke about.  Like I said, I’ve got welts.  My brother had it not too long ago pretty much everywhere.  He was doing something military related out in the woods.  They burnt some [BLEEP] and he end up having issues breathing and swallowing. Sounds like he got lucky but he was in pain for a while.  And this is the guy that volunteered to go through “gas chamber” or whatever it was twice during basic.  So it wasn’t a “pansy” issue.  

My mower had a strike with poison ivy today. The left side gas tank hit it.  I don’t normally come into contact with that portion of the mower.  But that is on my mind.  It’s some
Bad stuff for the wrong people

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 09:59 PM by The Drifter.)

(06-04-2021, 12:32 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 12:01 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: He’s been institutionalized.

Exactly. 

And I never said you had to put up with his crap, Drifter, I was just making an observation. Good for you for cutting toxic ties.

Americus.... I found out what he was popped for........ Something that he did 6 1/2 years go.... and it's the second time he got popped for it...... Apparently he was banging and under age girl, they're just now getting around to charging him with it and prosecuting him...... It does not look good for him.... this being his 2nd time going down that road..... I can forgive and forget a lot of things, and I rarely give up on people but........... That stuff is where I draw the line.... 1st time, benefit of a doubt, 2nd time... well...... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(06-04-2021, 06:55 PM)Jags Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 06:36 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I had a friend in PA that burnt it in a pile and he ended up in the hospital for a couple of days.  Granted a) he didn't realize he was burning it and b) he was/is very allergic.  But he was [BLEEP] up for a couple of days.  His eyes were pretty much swollen shut.
I believe it.  For the right (or wrong) person.. it’s intense/no joke.   Nothing to joke about.  Like I said, I’ve got welts.  My brother had it not too long ago pretty much everywhere.  He was doing something military related out in the woods.  They burnt some [BLEEP] and he end up having issues breathing and swallowing. Sounds like he got lucky but he was in pain for a while.  And this is the guy that volunteered to go through “gas chamber” or whatever it was twice during basic.  So it wasn’t a “pansy” issue.  

My mower had a strike with poison ivy today. The left side gas tank hit it.  I don’t normally come into contact with that portion of the mower.  But that is on my mind.  It’s some

The gas chamber is no joke man. Been there, done that. You can't imagine the amount of snot that can come out of your nose until you encounter CS gas up close and personal, not to mention the burning eyes and throat. Feeling like you can't breathe. 

You go in a small building, don your gas mask, they release the gas, one by one you pull off your gas mask and scream out your name, rank and last four of your social, then stand there and suffer until everyone has completed the task. Then you go out the door with your arms out to your sides (no rubbing your eyes douchebags!!) and hope to God you don't run into a tree you can't see because your eyes are tearing up so bad from the burn you can't see.

(06-05-2021, 12:12 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 06:55 PM)Jags Wrote: I believe it.  For the right (or wrong) person.. it’s intense/no joke.   Nothing to joke about.  Like I said, I’ve got welts.  My brother had it not too long ago pretty much everywhere.  He was doing something military related out in the woods.  They burnt some [BLEEP] and he end up having issues breathing and swallowing. Sounds like he got lucky but he was in pain for a while.  And this is the guy that volunteered to go through “gas chamber” or whatever it was twice during basic.  So it wasn’t a “pansy” issue.  

The gas chamber is no joke man. Been there, done that. You can't imagine the amount of snot that can come out of your nose until you encounter CS gas up close and personal, not to mention the burning eyes and throat. Feeling like you can't breathe. 

You go in a small building, don your gas mask, they release the gas, one by one you pull off your gas mask and scream out your name, rank and last four of your social, then stand there and suffer until everyone has completed the task. Then you go out the door with your arms out to your sides (no rubbing your eyes douchebags!!) and hope to God you don't run into a tree you can't see because your eyes are tearing up so bad from the burn you can't see.

They don't do that stuff in the Navy. But I did have some real life experience when mace was sprayed across my eyes while sitting in the back of a cop car with my hands cuffed behind me. Then the door was closed with the windows rolled up. Cops can be real bastards.

(06-04-2021, 06:24 PM)Jags Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 05:59 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I burn it all the time.  I'm pretty selective as far as when/how I burn.  I've held off the past couple of weeks because it has been so dry.  After assessing today, I'll light up another pile early tomorrow morning.  Keep in mind, it is mixed in with lots of other brush/trees that burns very hot and very fast.  I have to stay up-wind of the fire as I'm feeding it so that I don't catch my skid steer on fire.

I don't know if I'm allergic or not.  I don't put it on an active burn pile while it's green.  Usually I pile up small trees, brush, etc. and wait for a couple of weeks to burn it.  Once the fire gets hot enough I pile on the bigger trees and stumps.  I did one today that is still burning.  I'll go back out there tomorrow and it should mostly be done.  I'll push what is left into a pile, throw another huge pile of smaller stuff on top of it and repeat (the "hot spot" will be very hot still in the morning.

As far as buying firewood, I have not sold any yet.  I've given a bunch away, some of it already seasoned.  If you want to run a chainsaw and a log splitter you are more than welcome to come and get as much as you want.  I have a little bit of Hickory left and a bunch of Oak that I need to get rid of.  It's a bit of a drive down to the Keystone Heights/Melrose area.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I have seen more than 1 man wearing a kilt in this town. Not sure if they are proud of their Scottish heritage or they just want to wear a “skirt” in public on a hot day
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(06-05-2021, 05:04 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I have seen more than 1 man wearing a kilt in this town. Not sure if they are proud of their Scottish heritage or they just want to wear a “skirt” in public on a hot day

It is LGBTQ month...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

It's my wife's and I wedding anniversary today. We ended up going to a local mexian restaurant for it. She got 3 margaritas and I drank 2 pitchers of beer.. had nachos.. we both wanted to come home and watch the sox/yanks game.. a women after my own heart.

We're so classy!! Haha
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(06-05-2021, 02:16 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 06:24 PM)Jags Wrote: Just curious, are you even allergic to poison ivy/oak/sumac(same oil)?  I’ve had an employee that is not allergic to it and he’s my go to guy to remove it from my clients property.  I wouldn’t dare burn that [BLEEP].  I’m super allergic and have welt-like scars from past encounters.  

I don't know if I'm allergic or not.  I don't put it on an active burn pile while it's green.  Usually I pile up small trees, brush, etc. and wait for a couple of weeks to burn it.  Once the fire gets hot enough I pile on the bigger trees and stumps.  I did one today that is still burning.  I'll go back out there tomorrow and it should mostly be done.  I'll push what is left into a pile, throw another huge pile of smaller stuff on top of it and repeat (the "hot spot" will be very hot still in the morning.

As far as buying firewood, I have not sold any yet.  I've given a bunch away, some of it already seasoned.  If you want to run a chainsaw and a log splitter you are more than welcome to come and get as much as you want.  I have a little bit of Hickory left and a bunch of Oak that I need to get rid of.  It's a bit of a drive down to the Keystone Heights/Melrose area.

You’re about 50 minutes out then. I’m not sure I’m interested in the oak.  That’s plentiful enough.  I’ll pull a few logs from peoples yard waste and it can be readily bought.  I’ve got a decent amount of oak and pecan in a shed as of now.  Hickory eludes me. I’m not fond of buying the “chunks”. If you’re getting rid of it and are going to burn it otherwise, yeah, I’ll swing buy.  Are we talking trunks to where I need a trailer or larger rounds a pickup will do?

(06-05-2021, 07:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: It's my wife's and I wedding anniversary today. We ended up going to a local mexian restaurant for it. She got 3 margaritas and I drank 2 pitchers of beer.. had nachos.. we both wanted to come home and watch the sox/yanks game.. a women after my own heart.

We're so classy!! Haha

First off, I hope y’all made it home safely, secondly congratulations to her for putting up with your [BLEEP]!   I’m not completely ignorant, so same to you!  Congrats! How many years? I assume it’s been a few since you came home to watch baseball and not make little wingers.

(06-05-2021, 08:21 PM)Jags Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 07:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: It's my wife's and I wedding anniversary today. We ended up going to a local mexian restaurant for it. She got 3 margaritas and I drank 2 pitchers of beer.. had nachos.. we both wanted to come home and watch the sox/yanks game.. a women after my own heart.

We're so classy!! Haha

First off, I hope y’all made it home safely, secondly congratulations to her for putting up with your [BLEEP]!   I’m not completely ignorant, so same to you!  Congrats! How many years? I assume it’s been a few since you came home to watch baseball and not make little wingers.

Thanks!!

Ummm 3 years I think.. We're done with kids. She has a 27 year old daughter and i have 3 grand kids. We just wanna drink and watch sox/jags games together now haha.

Yeah.. she puts up with my [BLEEP].. but I'm funny so I get away with a lot  Banana

(06-05-2021, 08:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 08:21 PM)Jags Wrote: First off, I hope y’all made it home safely, secondly congratulations to her for putting up with your [BLEEP]!   I’m not completely ignorant, so same to you!  Congrats! How many years? I assume it’s been a few since you came home to watch baseball and not make little wingers.

Thanks!!

Ummm 3 years I think.. We're done with kids. She has a 27 year old daughter and i have 3 grand kids. We just wanna drink and watch sox/jags games together now haha.

Yeah.. she puts up with my [BLEEP].. but I'm funny so I get away with a lot  Banana
That’s awesome dude!  It’s funny because apparently I look like I’m in my twenties. I bought nicotine lozenges and the lady says “I made you old”. I ask her, “how old did you make me?”  She says 40.  I said” well I appreciate that.  I’m actually 39.  You were close”.  Believe it or not; I’ve got a step son I helped raise since he was 5 or 6 and in kindergarten and is now 23.  I just want to watch sports with his momma as well.  That is after making another of my own.  Glad I didn’t pull out.  So many times I was told in the past, “well it’s different when it’s your own child”. [BLEEP]... she was right.  But we’ve been together for almost 20 years now.  

Not to take away, congrats on the anniversary. Keep watching baseball, try to fit in the the other things more, lol.

(06-05-2021, 08:34 PM)Jags Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 08:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Thanks!!

That’s awesome dude!  It’s funny because apparently I look like I’m in my twenties. I bought nicotine lozenges and the lady says “I made you old”. I ask her, “how old did you make me?”  She says 40.  I said” well I appreciate that.  I’m actually 39.  You were close”.  Believe it or not; I’ve got a step son I helped raise since he was 5 or 6 and in kindergarten and is now 23.  I just want to watch sports with his momma as well.  That is after making another of my own.  Glad I didn’t pull out.  So many times I was told in the past, “well it’s different when it’s your own child”. [BLEEP]... she was right.  But we’ve been together for almost 20 years now.  

Not to take away, congrats on the anniversary. Keep watching baseball, try to fit in the the other things more, lol.

That's cool dude..  nothing like when your old lady likes the same stuff you do. My first wife, we were together almost 20 years too, she hated sports. It was like pullin teeth to watch a sox or a jags game. I got lucky the 2nd time around. We're planning a trip at some point, maybe later on towards october to go to fenway and get seats on the green monster.

I pull into my local tractor supply co. To look for a trailer dolly. I park a space away from a nice looking F250 lifted. I admit I stared at ‘er and in my mind said “nice truck”. While inside, I do my shopping and see a couple. Female was cava, to say the least. On my way out, dude and said cava walk out with their bounty. I can’t back out because they’re staring at my truck. He’s pointing and such. No doubt they were looking at me. Between the mirrors and backup cam, I was unsure wether to drop my “you can’t see me, even from up front tinted windows “. Here I am, admiring his truck. I probably should’ve dropped the window. He seemed like wanted to talk but my job kinda made me anti-social and I I didn’t find was I was looking for. So I pressed on after they vacated my rear. I had my dad with me. Witch also makes me less social-able. I was left wondering why on earth a man would be admiring my truck when he had a superlative truck also lifted and why I couldn’t drop my window to have whatever convo he wanted with my dad in tow. I’ll take whatever amateur psychological advice Antony can give.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 09:00 PM by The Drifter.)

I was married 11 years (under the same roof for maybe 3 years that whole time)..... My Ex, who I still get along with after a lot of talking things out, were like oil and water when we were together. She had to be constantly busy and I liked my down time on weekends and after work. We tried to make it work but.... Just couldn't do it...... Had the JSO at the house on a regular basis to break up our fights. I'm back in Maryland now but I still come down to Jax every now and then to have fun and reconnect with her. We're fine while I'm there for a short time but.... staying together.... Lets just say That's what Hotels are for when I'm there

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 09:04 PM by Jags.)

(06-05-2021, 08:47 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 08:34 PM)Jags Wrote: That’s awesome dude!  It’s funny because apparently I look like I’m in my twenties. I bought nicotine lozenges and the lady says “I made you old”. I ask her, “how old did you make me?”  She says 40.  I said” well I appreciate that.  I’m actually 39.  You were close”.  Believe it or not; I’ve got a step son I helped raise since he was 5 or 6 and in kindergarten and is now 23.  I just want to watch sports with his momma as well.  That is after making another of my own.  Glad I didn’t pull out.  So many times I was told in the past, “well it’s different when it’s your own child”. [BLEEP]... she was right.  But we’ve been together for almost 20 years now.  

That's cool dude..  nothing like when your old lady likes the same stuff you do. My first wife, we were together almost 20 years too, she hated sports. It was like pullin teeth to watch a sox or a jags game. I got lucky the 2nd time around. We're planning a trip at some point, maybe later on towards october to go to fenway and get seats on the green monster.

That sounds like a great trip for the two of you.  I hope you can make it come to fruition.  Sadly, my wife hates sports.  So perhaps I’m in for a bad deal.  Maybe I’ll be the opposite.  I will die or we sadly get divorced and I’ll only have 3 years with a cool chick. That or y’all haven’t t got to the “unfun stage” either way, enjoy what you have when you have it.

(06-05-2021, 08:58 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I was married 11 years (under the same roof for maybe 3 years that whole time)..... My Ex, who I still get along with after a lot of talking things out, were like oil and water when we were together. She had to be constantly busy and I liked my down time on weekends and after work. We tried to make it work but.... Just couldn't do it...... Had the JSO at the house on a regular basis to break up our fights. I'm back in Maryland now but I still come down to Jax every now and then to have fun and reconnect with her. We're fine while I'm there for a short time but.... staying together.... Lets just say That's what Hotels are for when I'm there
I’m sorry to hear that.  I think I’m somewhere in the middle of you and winger.  I won’t lie, my wife keeps me in check. After all, I have her proofread and edit most of the stuff I send back to my clients.  Her and I are polar opposites. It’s tough at times.  Sometimes I wonder if we have a financial relationship vs a loving one.  Don’t get me wrong, I love her.