Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(06-12-2021, 07:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 07:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Disney announces mask free effective June 16th.

It should be because the policy they have now is senseless. We were at Epcot yesterday, no masks required unless indoors. The lines aren’t social distanced and the rides just barely so.

So see if you follow this:

The new policy is that "fully vaccinated people" are permitted to go without masks everywhere except on Disney Transportation, all others (not vaxxed) must continue to wear masks inside.

Disney defines "fully vaccinated" as anyone who is at least 14 days from their last dose of vaccine.

Children under 12 cannot be "fully vaccinated" at all because there is no vaccine for that age group, therefore all children should be masked when indoors.

Disney Corporate expressed to my travel agent friend that Disney will not enforce masks at all for anyone anymore, it's fully the Honor System.

This is the same consistency we've had since the beginning of the pandemic and the reason why so many people just roll their eyes at the whole thing. The rules are about protecting the Company from a lawsuit, that's it and that's all, and it's been that way for all of this masquerading in the guise of Public Health.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-13-2021, 11:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 10:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I sure am glad we have Ron DeSantis as Governor. COVID has revealed Florida as an island of sanity. Who knew 18 months ago the land of the 'Florida Man' meme would transform into a refuge for people fleeing inept state governance.

Now let's hope the people coming here don't turn us into Oregon and Washington state.

And we were, 36,000?, votes away from it being MethMan Gillum instead.

The Trump effect. I would be willing to bet at least 30% of the votes for Gillum only saw the (D) after his name and were actually casting their vote against a Trump ally.

(06-13-2021, 11:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 07:19 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: It should be because the policy they have now is senseless. We were at Epcot yesterday, no masks required unless indoors. The lines aren’t social distanced and the rides just barely so.

So see if you follow this:

The new policy is that "fully vaccinated people" are permitted to go without masks everywhere except on Disney Transportation, all others (not vaxxed) must continue to wear masks inside.

Disney defines "fully vaccinated" as anyone who is at least 14 days from their last dose of vaccine.

Children under 12 cannot be "fully vaccinated" at all because there is no vaccine for that age group, therefore all children should be masked when indoors.

Disney Corporate expressed to my travel agent friend that Disney will not enforce masks at all for anyone anymore, it's fully the Honor System.

This is the same consistency we've had since the beginning of the pandemic and the reason why so many people just roll their eyes at the whole thing. The rules are about protecting the Company from a lawsuit, that's it and that's all, and it's been that way for all of this masquerading in the guise of Public Health.

You say all that like it's a bad thing though.
No one else is going to try to protect Disney from lawsuits.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-13-2021, 11:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 11:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And we were, 36,000?, votes away from it being MethMan Gillum instead.

The Trump effect. I would be willing to bet at least 30% of the votes for Gillum only saw the (D) after his name and were actually casting their vote against a Trump ally.

I'm guessing that Mikesez is one of those 30%.  I'm also guessing that he likes the (D) anytime he sees it.  Supposed "registered Republican".  Meh...

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-13-2021, 02:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 11:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: The Trump effect. I would be willing to bet at least 30% of the votes for Gillum only saw the (D) after his name and were actually casting their vote against a Trump ally.

I'm guessing that Mikesez is one of those 30%.  I'm also guessing that he likes the (D) anytime he sees it.  Supposed "registered Republican".  Meh...

It has been confirmed that Mike loves the D.

(06-13-2021, 01:33 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 11:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So see if you follow this:

You say all that like it's a bad thing though.

Lol, Captain Contrarian is on the scene!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-13-2021, 02:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 01:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: You say all that like it's a bad thing though.

And wrong as usual.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-13-2021, 02:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 01:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: You say all that like it's a bad thing though.

I understand what you don't like about what Disney is doing.
I'm trying to understand what you think they should be doing instead? Middle fingers and "see you in court!"

(06-13-2021, 03:32 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 02:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, Captain Contrarian is on the scene!

I understand what you don't like about what Disney is doing.
I'm trying to understand what you think they should be doing instead? Middle fingers and "see you in court!"

What, exactly, don't I like about it?

(06-13-2021, 04:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 03:32 PM)mikesez Wrote: I understand what you don't like about what Disney is doing.

What, exactly, don't I like about it?

You said it was about avoiding lawsuits rather than promoting public health.  You seemed miffed that they were doing an honor system for who is vaccinated and who is not. But what should they be doing?

(06-13-2021, 08:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 04:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What, exactly, don't I like about it?

You said it was about avoiding lawsuits rather than promoting public health.  You seemed miffed that they were doing an honor system for who is vaccinated and who is not. But what should they be doing?

No, the point was that their policy is fully vaccinated people, and since kids cant be vaccinated then all kids should be masked, but they wont be because the rule is dumb and even they wont enforce it. It's irrational on it's face,  pun intended.

(06-13-2021, 08:46 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 04:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What, exactly, don't I like about it?

I can't follow flsprtsgod either.  Maybe he's just outraged for the sake of being outraged.

(06-14-2021, 12:22 AM)captivating Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 08:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: You said it was about avoiding lawsuits rather than promoting public health.  You seemed miffed that they were doing an honor system for who is vaccinated and who is not. But what should they be doing?

I can't follow flsprtsgod either.  Maybe he's just outraged for the sake of being outraged.

Less outragey, more rolling my eyesy, but no one is surprised you don't follow, being obtuse about simple things is both of your schticks.

Viruses don’t attack when you sit down.

Scienceeeeeeeeee. https://t.co/j7GoSxAr82

(This post was last modified: 06-14-2021, 03:48 PM by mikesez.)

(06-13-2021, 11:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 08:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: You said it was about avoiding lawsuits rather than promoting public health.  You seemed miffed that they were doing an honor system for who is vaccinated and who is not. But what should they be doing?

No, the point was that their policy is fully vaccinated people, and since kids cant be vaccinated then all kids should be masked, but they wont be because the rule is dumb and even they wont enforce it. It's irrational on it's face,  pun intended.

I get the part about people under 12 not being vaccinated. 
Maybe everyone 11 or under should still be wearing masks, but there are at least 2 reasons to not have that policy.
One is it's not always easy to tell 11 year olds and 12 year olds apart, and you can hurt their feelings if you get it wrong.
Two is case counts are way down.
Just because they didn't explain their reasoning well doesn't mean it was hypocritical or stupid.  It probably just means the policy was written by committee.

(06-14-2021, 03:43 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 11:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, the point was that their policy is fully vaccinated people, and since kids cant be vaccinated then all kids should be masked, but they wont be because the rule is dumb and even they wont enforce it. It's irrational on it's face,  pun intended.

Maybe everyone 11 or under should still be wearing masks, but there are at least 2 reasons to not have that policy.
One is it's not always easy to tell 11 year olds and 12 year olds apart, and you can hurt their feelings if you get it wrong.
Just because they didn't explain their reasoning well doesn't mean it was hypocritical or stupid.  It probably just means the policy was written by committee.

That’s part of what is wrong with the US today.  Too many people worried they’ll hurt someone’s feelings. And in your scenario, it makes it even more silly to worry about it.  “But I’m a big boy! Mommy said I was!”  Cry me a river.

Cleveland Clinic Study: Coronavirus Survivors Show Lasting Immunity Against Virus

A recent study conducted by the world renowned Cleveland Clinic found that survivors of the Chinese coronavirus show lasting immunity against the virus, and those who have previously been infected with the virus “are unlikely to benefit” from a coronavirus vaccination.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2021/06...nst-virus/
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-14-2021, 04:00 PM)Ronster Wrote: Cleveland Clinic Study: Coronavirus Survivors Show Lasting Immunity Against Virus

A recent study conducted by the world renowned Cleveland Clinic found that survivors of the Chinese coronavirus show lasting immunity against the virus, and those who have previously been infected with the virus “are unlikely to benefit” from a coronavirus vaccination.

Liberal colleges indoctrination centers are requiring proof of vaccination.  The problem is, if someone has had and recovered from the china virus they shouldn't need to be vaccinated.

(06-14-2021, 04:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 04:00 PM)Ronster Wrote: Cleveland Clinic Study: Coronavirus Survivors Show Lasting Immunity Against Virus

Liberal colleges indoctrination centers are requiring proof of vaccination.  The problem is, if someone has had and recovered from the china virus they shouldn't need to be vaccinated.

Exactly, and I had covid, and I refuse to get the vaccine, period.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-14-2021, 03:43 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 11:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, the point was that their policy is fully vaccinated people, and since kids cant be vaccinated then all kids should be masked, but they wont be because the rule is dumb and even they wont enforce it. It's irrational on it's face,  pun intended.

Your explanation of their stupid policy doesn't make it less stupid. That you think "stupid" and "written by committee" are mutually exclusive explains your position on so many other topics.

Are you doing ok? You posted that study five days ago and we discussed it then. Taken any falls or hit your head recently that might be affecting your memory?