Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(06-09-2021, 10:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: There should be news tomorrow about a meteorite over central Florida. It was brilliant and I saw the whole thing. I thrust my fists in the air and yelled “Yes! Did you see that??” Thankfully for my wife, we were the only ones in the parking lot.

https://www.news4jax.com/weather/2021/06...ksonville/

Good timing!   My grandfather almost got hit by a chunk about the size of a softball many years ago.  He was in the woods cutting firewood and it landed a few feet away.  After it cooled off, he dug it out of the ground and took it home.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ferris Bueller's Day Off turns 35. Dang.

I discovered something else Buccees does fantastically- coffee. Not only is the coffee wonderful, but they have bottles of all the popular Coffee Mate flavors available for pouring.

They’re going to put everyone else along 95 out of business.

(06-12-2021, 03:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I discovered something else Buccees does fantastically- coffee. Not only is the coffee wonderful, but they have bottles of all the popular Coffee Mate flavors available for pouring.

They’re going to put everyone else along 95 out of business.

It's the only place I get an extra large cup. 

They have a cinnamon syrup I like and a decent almond milk creamer as well, which is what I use at home. 
XL cup of that gets me from the WGV exit to the I-4/I-75 interchange without wanting to kill anybody most of the time.

(06-10-2021, 09:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 08:57 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Hahaha, looks like he was after the wiring maybe. 

I have a few of those things close by, he's REALLY lucky it didn't kick on, they're terrifying.

Knew you'd appreciate that.

Headed your way in November BTW.

Awesome! Back to the grind or just a vacation?

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2021, 11:47 PM by The Drifter.)

I need to get some kind of inspector to look at my apartment. I've been here almost 7 months now, and about 2 months in, I had water cascading down through my hall ceiling from the upstairs apartment from a busted water heater. Needless to say, it soaked the carpet and the drywall when it happened. Within the last month or so, I've developed a real nasty gag reflex and am constantly sptting up stuff. Hell, half the time I throw up while eating. Yet, when I go outside I'm fine within 5-10 minutes of breathing fresh air. Then, when I come back in from doing my running, I'm right back to gagging, coughing and spitting up stuff within 5-10 minutes of being indoors I have a feeling there is a mold problem here, and if that's the case, I'm relocating and making them pay for it. I signed an 18 month lease back on November 27th so......If it is a Mold Problem, it's their problem to take care of.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(06-12-2021, 11:38 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I need to get some kind of inspector to look at my apartment. I've been here almost 7 months now, and about 2 months in, I had water cascading down through my hall ceiling from the upstairs apartment from a busted water heater. Needless to say, it soaked the carpet and the drywall when it happened. Within the last month or so, I've developed a real nasty gag reflex and am constantly sptting up stuff. Hell, half the time I throw up while eating. Yet, when I go outside I'm fine within 5-10 minutes of breathing fresh air. Then, when I come back in from doing my running, I'm right back to gagging, coughing and spitting up stuff within 5-10 minutes of being indoors I have a feeling there is a mold problem here, and if that's the case, I'm relocating and making them pay for it. I signed an 18 month lease back on November 27th so......If it is a Mold Problem, it's their problem to take care of.

Dude, if it's black mold that stuff can kill you. What the hell are you waiting for? Get somebody in there. Now.

(06-12-2021, 04:58 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 09:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Knew you'd appreciate that.

Headed your way in November BTW.

Awesome! Back to the grind or just a vacation?

42 cities between July 2 and Thanksgiving

(06-13-2021, 02:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 11:38 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I need to get some kind of inspector to look at my apartment. I've been here almost 7 months now, and about 2 months in, I had water cascading down through my hall ceiling from the upstairs apartment from a busted water heater. Needless to say, it soaked the carpet and the drywall when it happened. Within the last month or so, I've developed a real nasty gag reflex and am constantly sptting up stuff. Hell, half the time I throw up while eating. Yet, when I go outside I'm fine within 5-10 minutes of breathing fresh air. Then, when I come back in from doing my running, I'm right back to gagging, coughing and spitting up stuff within 5-10 minutes of being indoors I have a feeling there is a mold problem here, and if that's the case, I'm relocating and making them pay for it. I signed an 18 month lease back on November 27th so......If it is a Mold Problem, it's their problem to take care of.

Dude, if it's black mold that stuff can kill you. What the hell are you waiting for? Get somebody in there. Now.

I emailed the local health department last night at about 2am because I couldn’t sleep. Waiting to hear from them now. Hopefully I’ll get a reply in the next few days. I refuse to risk my health over this. The [BLEEP] of it is, when I had the water come down through the ceiling and soaked everything, they didn’t even try to help. They should have at least put a dehumidifier in the hallway to try to dry it out but,the next day they emailed me and said the problem was taken care of. If it gets to bad on me, I’m checking in to a hotel and sending them the bill.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(06-13-2021, 03:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 04:58 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Awesome! Back to the grind or just a vacation?

Gonna be my way?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-13-2021, 03:57 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 02:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Dude, if it's black mold that stuff can kill you. What the hell are you waiting for? Get somebody in there. Now.

I emailed the local health department last night at about 2am because I couldn’t sleep. Waiting to hear from them now. Hopefully I’ll get a reply in the next few days. I refuse to risk my health over this. The [BLEEP] of it is, when I had the water come down through the ceiling and soaked everything, they didn’t even try to help. (The apartment complex) They should have at least put a dehumidifier in the hallway to try to dry it out but,the next day they emailed me and said the problem was taken care of. If it gets to bad on me, I’m checking in to a hotel and sending them the bill.

(06-13-2021, 03:59 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 03:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 42 cities between July 2 and Thanksgiving

Gonna be my way?

A few days before Halloween.
 Dallas, Houston and Austin in that order.

(06-13-2021, 03:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 04:58 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Awesome! Back to the grind or just a vacation?

Good to hear you're working again.

(06-13-2021, 04:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 03:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: 42 cities between July 2 and Thanksgiving

Good to hear you're working again.

Thanks. It's been a tough wait. I was able to find interim work to get me through, but not until after doing a little damage to future planning financially.  Hopeful that I'll be back on track in 2022Smile

Went home after having a few drinks with a friend. I immediately started coughing and spitting up. I’m not taking any more changes. I booked myself in to a hotel for the night. Small price to pay but my health comes first.

(06-13-2021, 05:23 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Went home after having a few drinks with a friend. I immediately started coughing and spitting up. I’m not taking any more changes. I booked myself in to a hotel for the night. Small price to pay but my health comes first.

I hope you’re able to see some accountability from your landlord for this. 
Definitely sounds unsafe and you need to put your health first in this situation. 

Some mold remediation companies will likely do a cheap initial inspection. If they can show some obvious mold presence - that info may be valuable to you for leverage with your landlord. Might be worth looking into for you.

(06-13-2021, 05:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 05:23 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Went home after having a few drinks with a friend. I immediately started coughing and spitting up. I’m not taking any more changes. I booked myself in to a hotel for the night. Small price to pay but my health comes first.

I hope you’re able to see some accountability from your landlord for this. 
Definitely sounds unsafe and you need to put your health first in this situation. 

Some mold remediation companies will likely do a cheap initial inspection. If they can show some obvious mold presence - that info may be valuable to you for leverage with your landlord. Might be worth looking into for you.

I have sent a few emails to some companies about that. I should hear from them shortly. Just have to wait since I sent them on a weekend

OMG.  I had the best macaroni and cheese I've ever had.  Regular place we go.  The chef always comes around the dining room and talks to customers.  I told him how good it was and he GAVE US MORE TO TAKE HOME.  It lasted a good five minutes aftet we walked in the door.  Now I want more!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-13-2021, 07:07 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 05:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I hope you’re able to see some accountability from your landlord for this. 

I have sent a few emails to some companies about that. I should hear from them shortly. Just have to wait since I sent them on a weekend

I hope you find a resolution soon and yes, accountability from your landlord.