Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(07-19-2021, 07:03 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: So the new 'variant' is from the people who didn't buy into the bull [BLEEP] lol

Are we just gonna run through the whole greek alphabet in hopes of fear mongering some people into getting this snake oil injection?

Is Epsilon next?

People who dont get the shot get sick. News at 11.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-19-2021, 09:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 07:03 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: So the new 'variant' is from the people who didn't buy into the bull [BLEEP] lol

Are we just gonna run through the whole greek alphabet in hopes of fear mongering some people into getting this snake oil injection?

Is Epsilon next?

People who dont get the shot get sick. News at 11.

So did they lube you up before they gave you the shot?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

It would be nice if we could stay on point. The conservative position when this first came out was that we wanted to see the long-term effects before buying into it. It has morphed into a conspiracy narrative. I am glad it's working. I never doubted that. I want to see how it's working in 5 years. Unless COVID changes who it's killing, it doesn't make sense for people to be taking it, even if people are still getting sick/sicker from the new forms of COVID. Simply put: Who's dying? Is long-haul COVID getting better or worse? Is treatment getting better or worse? This vaccine is still a test. It should be treated as such, imo. It would be nice if people could stick to the primary concepts without building a narrative around these issues, but I'm not even sure if people, in general, are capable of thinking like that.

(07-19-2021, 10:01 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 09:12 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: People who dont get the shot get sick. News at 11.

So did they lube you up before they gave you the shot?
Yes, an alcohol swab just like every other vaccine or injection you ever get.

(07-19-2021, 10:25 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It would be nice if we could stay on point. The conservative position when this first came out was that we wanted to see the long-term effects before buying into it. It has morphed into a conspiracy narrative. I am glad it's working. I never doubted that. I want to see how it's working in 5 years. Unless COVID changes  who it's killing, it doesn't make sense for people to be taking it, even if people are still getting sick/sicker from the new forms of COVID. Simply put: Who's dying? Is long-haul COVID getting better or worse? Is treatment getting better or worse? This vaccine is still a test. It should be treated as such, imo. It would be nice if people could stick to the primary concepts without building a narrative around these issues, but I'm not even sure if people, in general, are capable of thinking like that.

In five years it will most likely be like the flu with a seasonal variant killing ~50k people a year, >90% of those being people who refused the vaccine. I'm personally more concerned about the cost of care of course, as it's quite expensive to provide hospitalization for a disease that could've been prevented with a $3 vaccine.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-19-2021, 11:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 10:01 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: So did they lube you up before they gave you the shot?
Yes, an alcohol swab just like every other vaccine or injection you ever get.

I heard Fauci is coming to Jacksonville.. He wants to show you the correct way to administrator another swab technique..

(07-19-2021, 11:45 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, an alcohol swab just like every other vaccine or injection you ever get.

I heard Fauci is coming to Jacksonville.. He wants to show you the correct way to administrator another swab technique..

Maybe the govt should take the hint that nobody trusts this guy and maybe replace him with a fresh face who could potentially encourage more people to get the vaccine.

This clown only goes on leftist propaganda networks and bashes Fox. Doesn't seem like a very productive strategy.

Remember when the black plague killed everyone one on Earth?

I sure do..... wait.....why we are here now.

Bubonic Plague was a vastly worse disease hitting at a time when there was zero medicine. Yet we survived.

Yet we panic over something with a less than 1% mortality rate.... bubonic plague, with treatment, is 10% mortality rate... and without? All the numbers up to 90%.

Yet... here we are. Stronger and better for it. And more than likely, those with ancestors that survived the bubonic plague, they are probably genetically better fitted to survive anything else

(07-18-2021, 01:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 01:06 PM)copycat Wrote: But again you still have not explained the why!   The vaccine does not prevent transmission of the virus but lessens the reaction should you get it.  Ergo, simple logic tells me if the vaccine does NOT prevent transmission of the virus WHO am I putting at risk besides ME?  

All I ask is if the above is true and that is my understanding then why the totalitarian effort by the federal government to get a vaccine?  Sixteen months after the shutdown and I have not heard a valid explanation (at least to me) as to why the vaccine is the end all be all if it does not kill the virus or at the very least prevent infection.  I am not anti-vax, heck with my medical history I am a prime candidate to get the vaccine but when I step back none of this is logical.

Sure, here's a good article that outlines the answers to your questions. Basically being vaccinated means that you won't get really sick and that you most likely will not transmit the virus in the event that you contract it. This is not different than any other vaccine, it is exactly the same with polio, measles, rubella, the flu, and every other vaccine preventable disease, but people have this idea that it's different here when it's not. What's different here is that this incredibly infectious little bugger still has a tremendously large pool of targets because half the people refuse to take the shot. The numbers are irrefutable, 98% of Covid hospitalizations today are unvaccinated people; wouldn't it be better if those people were instead vaccinated and only 2% of them had to be hospitalized? This third surge, what's being called "The Un-Vaxxed Surge" is going to continue into September and we are going to spend millions of dollars hospitalizing people who could've avoided it just by getting the shot.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/i...ctiveness-

Thanks, read it and am taking it in.  Seems even that site agrees though that more studies are needed to confirm a lot of what article was putting out.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-19-2021, 11:54 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 01:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sure, here's a good article that outlines the answers to your questions. Basically being vaccinated means that you won't get really sick and that you most likely will not transmit the virus in the event that you contract it. This is not different than any other vaccine, it is exactly the same with polio, measles, rubella, the flu, and every other vaccine preventable disease, but people have this idea that it's different here when it's not. What's different here is that this incredibly infectious little bugger still has a tremendously large pool of targets because half the people refuse to take the shot. The numbers are irrefutable, 98% of Covid hospitalizations today are unvaccinated people; wouldn't it be better if those people were instead vaccinated and only 2% of them had to be hospitalized? This third surge, what's being called "The Un-Vaxxed Surge" is going to continue into September and we are going to spend millions of dollars hospitalizing people who could've avoided it just by getting the shot.

Thanks, read it and am taking it in.  Seems even that site agrees though that more studies are needed to confirm a lot of what article was putting out.

That article basically suggests that the entire world is the trial for this vaccine.

(07-19-2021, 11:45 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, an alcohol swab just like every other vaccine or injection you ever get.

That's too bad, I wish he would go away.

(07-19-2021, 11:54 AM)copycat Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 01:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sure, here's a good article that outlines the answers to your questions. Basically being vaccinated means that you won't get really sick and that you most likely will not transmit the virus in the event that you contract it. This is not different than any other vaccine, it is exactly the same with polio, measles, rubella, the flu, and every other vaccine preventable disease, but people have this idea that it's different here when it's not. What's different here is that this incredibly infectious little bugger still has a tremendously large pool of targets because half the people refuse to take the shot. The numbers are irrefutable, 98% of Covid hospitalizations today are unvaccinated people; wouldn't it be better if those people were instead vaccinated and only 2% of them had to be hospitalized? This third surge, what's being called "The Un-Vaxxed Surge" is going to continue into September and we are going to spend millions of dollars hospitalizing people who could've avoided it just by getting the shot.

Mostly we know what the vaccine does, what we don't know yet know is how long it does it.

Maybe the WH could do a PSA with Trump if they are truly concerned about the vaccination rate.

(07-19-2021, 01:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:54 AM)copycat Wrote: Thanks, read it and am taking it in.  Seems even that site agrees though that more studies are needed to confirm a lot of what article was putting out.

Mostly we know what the vaccine does, what we don't know yet know is how long it does it.

Commercial:

"We're not sure why this drug works, but it seems to do what we say it does"

Maybe this is all a plot to kill Trump voters. The government knew that a certain segment of the population would take the vaccine, and a certain segment would refuse. They knew that the people who would refuse would be overwhelmingly Trump voters. So they released it into the population and, voila! it worked!

(07-19-2021, 02:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Maybe this is all a plot to kill Trump voters.   The government knew that a certain segment of the population would take the vaccine, and a certain segment would refuse.  They knew that the people who would refuse would be overwhelmingly Trump voters.  So they released it into the population and, voila! it worked!

Can't kill us.. Everytime Biden or Kamala open their mouths, another Trump supporter is born..

(07-19-2021, 01:52 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 01:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Mostly we know what the vaccine does, what we don't know yet know is how long it does it.

Commercial:

We know exactly what it does and why, what we do not know is how long the effect lasts. As with other vaccines it might require a booster or it might grant lifetime immunity, but we do know that it works now and the effect is lasting more than six months.

(07-19-2021, 01:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Maybe the WH could do a PSA with Trump if they are truly concerned about the vaccination rate.

Why? He already told you guys to go get his vaccine and you refuse. What would a new commercial do to change your mind if you're going to let politics be the decision point?

(07-19-2021, 02:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 01:52 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Commercial:

We know exactly what it does and why, what we do not know is how long the effect lasts. As with other vaccines it might require a booster or it might grant lifetime immunity, but we do know that it works now and the effect is lasting more than six months.

(07-19-2021, 01:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Maybe the WH could do a PSA with Trump if they are truly concerned about the vaccination rate.

Why? He already told you guys to go get his vaccine and you refuse. What would a new commercial do to change your mind if you're going to let politics be the decision point?

I'm more concerned that an explanation of "we're not sure" for a metric crap ton of pharmaceuticals is enough to pass muster. It's hard to trust ANY industry fueled solely on money. And I realize that yes, all things are fueled by money, but in no other industry do we just take the words of those making it.

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2021, 06:46 PM by Lucky2Last.)

Exactly. I think everyone should be taking a cautious approach to this. Again, hoping that mRNA is the future of vaccination if it works, but I think we should be doing more observing and less brow-beating. I get that there are people dying from COVID. However, it's not really a crazy amount. Not unless something changes. I realize the delta variant is affecting younger people, but the data on this is not very clear, either. What percent are dying? What percent are getting long-haul. If you just get really sick, welcome to humanity. I get the cost argument, but this once again assumes that everything with the mRNA vaccine works flawlessly and has no long term side effects. I will not be confident of that for a while.

Edit: Just got home. Posted this from my phone and fixed some autocorrect errors.

Can someone explain this?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-60-o...e-12359317

(07-19-2021, 03:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Can someone explain this?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-60-o...e-12359317

Ummm. Ummm.. uhhhhh... 

Just shut up and get the vaccine!!!