Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(07-24-2021, 01:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 09:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Hang in there. 

Have you been vaccinated?

Thank you! No, not vaccinated. I have pretty negative reactions to vaccines so I didn't feel comfortable with getting this one, especially with the unknown regarding side effects. And no, given how bad I feel I wouldn't go back in time and get vaccinated. As craptastic as I feel it's all normal and expected for this illness. 

My mom had some really strange side effects after her vaccine shot and was put on several antibiotics and other meds she never needed to take while they were trying to figure it out. All of that messed her up for awhile.

Well, I’m happy you’re sick. Tongue  This means you’ll now have immunity and won’t have to worry in the future.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just an FYI for those who care, FDA is gonna grant full approval to Pfizer in Sept. it’s already met the data needed for that. So if you really were waiting for that reason, it’s basically already done. Over 180 million doses of COVID vaccines have been given out just in the US. The majority of those are Pfizer and Moderna.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(07-24-2021, 02:17 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 01:48 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Thank you! No, not vaccinated. I have pretty negative reactions to vaccines so I didn't feel comfortable with getting this one, especially with the unknown regarding side effects. And no, given how bad I feel I wouldn't go back in time and get vaccinated. As craptastic as I feel it's all normal and expected for this illness. 

My mom had some really strange side effects after her vaccine shot and was put on several antibiotics and other meds she never needed to take while they were trying to figure it out. All of that messed her up for awhile.

Well, I’m happy you’re sick. Tongue  This means you’ll now have immunity and won’t have to worry in the future.

That's pretty much what I'm going for. There is a method to my madness even though I didn't plan for this. Lol.

Something my husband just reminded me of. I was on a course of strong antibiotics a couple of weeks ago thanks to a cat bite, so we're wondering if that has something to do with my getting Covid, or at the least my having such a reaction when I haven't been to the doctor in years for any kind of cold or anything. Will have to look into that.

Liberals....

Man confronts Tucker Carlson over his anti-vaccine rhetoric:

“You are the worst human being known to man. I want you to know that… What you have done to this state, to the United States… What you’ve done to people’s families…”
https://t.co/RuwacoIecR

(07-24-2021, 11:26 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 10:56 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Yeah forgot to mention vitamin D which I take the tablets for and go outside at dawn and dusk when its cooler. I dont want to drink orange juice since it will make me gassy and give indigestion.

Don’t forget to include vitamin K with the vitamin d. It’s much better for you to take them together. You can find them in a combo form. I use it in the oil form in my morning smoothie everyday, don’t even know it’s in there.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vit...-vitamin-k

Thank you Bunnie for the Vitamin K recommendation. I went to GNC and was able to find the oil form you referenced. I will implement it in my smoothie as well tomorrow.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(07-24-2021, 09:53 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 11:26 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Don’t forget to include vitamin K with the vitamin d. It’s much better for you to take them together. You can find them in a combo form. I use it in the oil form in my morning smoothie everyday, don’t even know it’s in there.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vit...-vitamin-k

Thank you Bunnie for the Vitamin K recommendation. I went to GNC and was able to find the oil form you referenced. I will implement it in my smoothie as well tomorrow.

I avoid the sun like a vampire so I definitely needed to do something to get more in my diet.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

With about half the country vaccinated, and the Delta variant, which is very contagious, sweeping the unvaccinated, I'm wondering if we could reach herd immunity at some point.

(07-25-2021, 06:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: With about half the country vaccinated, and the Delta variant, which is very contagious, sweeping the unvaccinated, I'm wondering if we could reach herd immunity at some point.

70 to 90 to prevent is the estimate. The question is who wins the race between vaccine and variant, and so far the vaccine is holding its own.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Bryson and Rahm out of the Olympics due to COVID.

Coming soon to an America near you.

CHAOS: Police forces are trying to regain control by deploying water cannons on anti-vax passport demonstrators near the Champs-Elysees in Paris. #AntiPassSanitaire

https://t.co/E9NajN1IUF

(07-25-2021, 09:02 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Coming soon to an America near you.

CHAOS: Police forces are trying to regain control by deploying water cannons on anti-vax passport demonstrators lawless rioters near the Champs-Elysees in Paris. #AntiPassSanitaire

https://t.co/E9NajN1IUF

Fixed.

(07-25-2021, 06:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 06:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: With about half the country vaccinated, and the Delta variant, which is very contagious, sweeping the unvaccinated, I'm wondering if we could reach herd immunity at some point.

70 to 90 to prevent is the estimate. The question is who wins the race between vaccine and variant, and so far the vaccine is holding its own.

I don't think we need to get that high. I think it's pretty clear that t-cells play a larger role than they are being given credit. It's one of my major problems with most of these vaccine studies.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2021, 12:09 PM by The Real Marty.)

(07-25-2021, 11:59 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 06:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 70 to 90 to prevent is the estimate. The question is who wins the race between vaccine and variant, and so far the vaccine is holding its own.

I don't think we need to get that high. I think it's pretty clear that t-cells play a larger role than they are being given credit. It's one of my major problems with most of these vaccine studies.

But... I think I'm on to something here.  If half the country gets vaccinated, and the other half catches the virus, won't we reach some sort of herd immunity rather quickly?  As a vaccinated person, shouldn't I want the non-vaccinated public to go ahead and get sick, so we can get this over with?

Of course, I'd be sorry for all the deaths, but... it was their choice not to get vaccinated, so it would be nice if they'd just go ahead and get sick so we can all get on with our lives.

(07-25-2021, 12:07 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 11:59 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I don't think we need to get that high. I think it's pretty clear that t-cells play a larger role than they are being given credit. It's one of my major problems with most of these vaccine studies.

But... I think I'm on to something here.  If half the country gets vaccinated, and the other half catches the virus, won't we reach some sort of herd immunity rather quickly?  As a vaccinated person, shouldn't I want the non-vaccinated public to go ahead and get sick, so we can get this over with?

Of course, I'd be sorry for all the deaths, but... it was their choice not to get vaccinated, so it would be nice if they'd just go ahead and get sick so we can all get on with our lives.
You would think so but they aren't saying that. They are saying only everyone has to get the vaccine, no matter what.

Why?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(07-25-2021, 12:18 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 12:07 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: But... I think I'm on to something here.  If half the country gets vaccinated, and the other half catches the virus, won't we reach some sort of herd immunity rather quickly?  As a vaccinated person, shouldn't I want the non-vaccinated public to go ahead and get sick, so we can get this over with?

You would think so but they aren't saying that. They are saying only everyone has to get the vaccine, no matter what.

Why?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

This isn't about what "they" are saying.  Read what I am saying.

I stand with Cole Beasley
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(07-25-2021, 12:07 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 11:59 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I don't think we need to get that high. I think it's pretty clear that t-cells play a larger role than they are being given credit. It's one of my major problems with most of these vaccine studies.

Sure. You have every right to want to get through this. No problem with what  you are saying. I wasn't objecting to you, though. 

I am simply saying that I think a lot of people are getting it wrong. T-cell research may be the key to understanding how this thing is transmitted and fought by the immune system. If you have the right t-cells, and they are fighting covid, why get vaccinated? It would be a completely unnecessary risk. Depending, of course, on whether or not t-cells are an innate response or not. I can't remember, so I'm looking into it now.

Baptist has converted pre-op holding to an impatient ward and they are running out of beds so they're moving to 2 patients per room. Please re-consider getting vaccinated or, if you've already had it, getting an antibodies test to ensure you have antibodies.

(07-25-2021, 04:09 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Baptist has converted pre-op holding to an impatient ward and they are running out of beds so they're moving to 2 patients per room.  Please re-consider getting vaccinated or, if you've already had it, getting an antibodies test to ensure you have antibodies.

I am looking at the home pages of most local media and do not see this. Are you able to site a source on this? Thanks.