Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

So, how do we know which variant we have? I was only told through my patient portal that my test results were positive. Has anyone else here been told which variant they have?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-25-2021, 07:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: So, how do we know which variant we have? I was only told through my patient portal that my test results were positive. Has anyone else here been told which variant they have?

They haven't made up that specific variant yet..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(07-25-2021, 07:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: So, how do we know which variant we have? I was only told through my patient portal that my test results were positive. Has anyone else here been told which variant they have?

Typing takes several weeks. The results I saw last week were from week of June 28th and were 60% Delta. I dont know if individuals are told that information.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-25-2021, 06:56 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 05:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Seriously?

Well, If we could get about 100k people in Northeast Florida vaccinated this week that would help. Even getting the first shot offers about 50% immunity rather quickly.

A lot of people are caving now that it's hitting here. So, I think that's a real possibility. I know Delta is super contagious, but even with 50% of the population vaccinated, it seems to be ripping through here. So, it's either so contagious that it's able to easily find hosts across a more sparse population, or the vaccinated are passing this thing on at higher rates than believed.

More contagious than Alpha for sure. It took 3 months to hit levels like this last time, 3 weeks this time around even with substantially more vaccinated in the population. Just read that 46% of our admissions are under 49 years old and  the 98% unvaxxed rate is still holding true. This is shaping up to be rough.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Well, again, there are more unvaccinated young people than old people, so that's going to skew the data. I'd like to see the numbers. Do you have access to the latest numbers? How many new cases? How many new deaths? How many hospitalized? How many positive tests in the last 30 days? I'm curious how many cases are going unreported right now. At the rate we are burning through this, you would think we'd get out of the weeds relatively quickly.

(07-25-2021, 07:42 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well, again, there are more unvaccinated young people than old people, so that's going to skew the data. I'd like to see the numbers. Do you have access to the latest numbers? How many new cases? How many new deaths? How many hospitalized? How many positive tests in the last 30 days? I'm curious how many cases are going unreported right now. At the rate we are burning through this, you would think we'd get out of the weeds relatively quickly.

My next update isn't until Tuesday morning, what I've shared today was some exceptional information put out from the CEO earlier because we hit the cap. I'll see what else I can find tomorrow.

(07-25-2021, 07:42 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well, again, there are more unvaccinated young people than old people, so that's going to skew the data. I'd like to see the numbers. Do you have access to the latest numbers? How many new cases? How many new deaths? How many hospitalized? How many positive tests in the last 30 days? I'm curious how many cases are going unreported right now. At the rate we are burning through this, you would think we'd get out of the weeds relatively quickly.
CDC is under reporting vaccinated cases. They won't report anything if they aren't admitted to the hospital. They also test with a lower cycle number on the pcr tests.

Around the world we are seeing about 60% vaccinated being hospitalized. I don't know what numbers the US hospitals are putting out but it's looking like something is making the data appear different.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(07-25-2021, 07:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Typing takes several weeks. The results I saw last week were from week of June 28th and were 60% Delta. I dont know if individuals are told that information.

Thanks. I'd be curious to know which one I have.

(07-25-2021, 09:54 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
CDC is under reporting vaccinated cases. They won't report anything if they aren't admitted to the hospital. They also test with a lower cycle number on the pcr tests.

Around the world we are seeing about 60% vaccinated being hospitalized. I don't know what numbers the US hospitals are putting out but it's looking like something is making the data appear different.

Do you have a source for these claims?

(07-25-2021, 10:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 07:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Typing takes several weeks. The results I saw last week were from week of June 28th and were 60% Delta. I dont know if individuals are told that information.

Thanks. I'd be curious to know which one I have.

I read a stat a bit ago that said >80% of all new cases are Delta now, so it's very likely that's what you caught. Hope you're feeling better soon!

(07-25-2021, 10:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 09:54 PM)p_rushing Wrote: CDC is under reporting vaccinated cases. They won't report anything if they aren't admitted to the hospital. They also test with a lower cycle number on the pcr tests.

Do you have a source for these claims?

(07-25-2021, 10:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Thanks. I'd be curious to know which one I have.

I read a stat a bit ago that said >80% of all new cases are Delta now, so it's very likely that's what you caught. Hope you're feeling better soon!
I read the same about 83% of cases being DELTA now. The bad thing is that Pfizer is only prenventing 39% of infections per the latest Israeli study. It still is over 99% less likely to die from COVID than unvaccinated, but I don’t think it’s doing much for herd protection right now.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(07-26-2021, 02:43 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 10:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Do you have a source for these claims?

I read the same about 83% of cases being DELTA now. The bad thing is that Pfizer is only prenventing 39% of infections per the latest Israeli study. It still is over 99% less likely to die from COVID than unvaccinated, but I don’t think it’s doing much for herd protection right now.

Given that well over 90% of people hospitalized are unvaccinated, I skeptically find that number very low.

Well, they are measuring different things. Like I said in a previous post, this new variant is spreading super quickly through a relatively vaccinated population. Makes sense to me that the vaccines aren't preventing infection, which means the vaccinated are still spreaders. They just experience less symptoms, which is a good reason to get the vaccine if you don't want to get sick from Corona. Keeps you out of the hospital.

(07-26-2021, 07:24 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well, they are measuring different things. Like I said in a previous post, this new variant is spreading super quickly through a relatively vaccinated population. Makes sense to me that the vaccines aren't preventing infection, which means the vaccinated are still spreaders. They just experience less symptoms, which is a good reason to get the vaccine if you don't want to get sick from Corona. Keeps you out of the hospital.

I attribute it to the unvaccinated more often exposing themselves in situations more likely to spread the virus amongst each other, such as crowded venues, along with wearing masks less and less. They were lulled into a false sense of security because the vaccinated drove the numbers down, so they dropped their guard.

Why do you think that? What evidence are you using to draw that conclusion?

(07-26-2021, 07:46 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Why do you think that? What evidence are you using to draw that conclusion?

That's my take. Is there evidence the vaccinated are infectious? Honest question.

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 07:51 AM by The Real Marty.)

(07-26-2021, 07:24 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well, they are measuring different things. Like I said in a previous post, this new variant is spreading super quickly through a relatively vaccinated population. Makes sense to me that the vaccines aren't preventing infection, which means the vaccinated are still spreaders. They just experience less symptoms, which is a good reason to get the vaccine if you don't want to get sick from Corona. Keeps you out of the hospital.

I am no scientist or expert on the subject, but I would think that since the vaccinated have a much more effective defense against the virus, they don't carry as much of it, so they don't spread it as easily as someone who is unvaccinated and therefore carrying and shedding a lot more virus.

Can ya'll imagine what the next man-made pandemic will do to this country? China is literally sitting back laughing right now. Even they never saw their trial run crippling our country THIS badly.

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 08:22 AM by homebiscuit.)

(07-26-2021, 07:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I am no scientist or expert on the subject, but I would think that since the vaccinated have a much more effective defense against the virus, they don't carry as much of it, so they don't spread it as easily as someone who is unvaccinated and therefore carrying and shedding a lot more virus.

Which goes along with my thinking. Those who are infected typically spread it through coughs and sneezes. If someone is exhibiting no symptoms (lack of coughs and sneezes), how infectious can they be?

Edit: I realize now my description of transmission is simplistic and incomplete. However, I still wonder if those who are vaccinated are as capable of spreading the virus than those who are not. If so, by what factor?

(07-26-2021, 07:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Yes, vaccinated people carry more than 40% less virus and have detectable infection for fewer days both of which limit the spread in volume and time. Big but time...those studies are against the Alpha variant and don't necessarily correlate to the emergent strains. Tests on the UK variant showed similar results but it looks less promising for Delta as we're seeing in other studies.

[Image: Screenshot-20210726-101230-Twitter.jpg]