Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Cover your noses people.

NEW - Dr. Fauci says it's about what's going on in the nose why vaccinated Americans have to mask up indoors again.

https://t.co/kpaao7x4bt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-27-2021, 04:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-27-2021, 11:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm a bit tired today guys, so not gonna post a whole lot. On the morning call they said all local hospitals and stand alone ERs have reached or exceeded capacity. The hospitals across the city are converting usable space like surgical holding and some waiting room to beds. They are also doubling up single bed rooms where they can. We don't know the percentage that's the Delta at this time, but the suspicion is that it is now the dominant strain as time and the vaccine have helped to eliminate Alpha in our region. The current mortality rate is 7% for those admitted, more than half of admissions are younger people under 50. Unvaccinated people are now 99% of all admissions and they expect that to continue to be the case as vaccinated people who contract the virus are not getting sick enough to warrant that level of care. Projections for inpatient mortality, if it matches the two previous curves, will reach about 15% by the weekend as the early cases start to resolve but we will continue to see more cases and admissions over the next 6 weeks until we peak sometime around September 10th. No word yet on setting up the tents, but that is a contingency that might become reality in the coming days. Several hundred front line health care workers are also offline in quarantine due to contact or exposure, so that is another drain on available resources. The projections for the next month are pretty bad made all the worse by the fact that nearly every single one of these cases was preventable.

How can anyone predict when it will peak? How is that determined?

Statistical modeling based on current number of active cases, historical data on case resolution, population, vaccination rate, etc.

This paper looks at the Vulnerability Dashboard that was in use back in the fall, it gives some insight into how the models work.

https://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/doi/full/10.1289/EHP8690
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Look, every thinking person knows where this recent hysteria about covid is coming from. The left KNOWS that 2022 is going to be a blood bath for them, not just that but 24 is around the corner. They cheated to claim the white house using covid as the tool, it worked once, why not again? They will ride this gravy train for as long as they can. STOP BEING DUPED. OPEN YOUR EYES... So many of you are so easily controlled, its sad really. Maybe those of us with brains should embrace what they are doing and protect ourselves, because some of you do not deserve freedom, YOU DESERVE to be the slaves you are.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 10:47 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-28-2021, 10:17 AM)Ronster Wrote: Look, every thinking person knows where this recent hysteria about covid is coming from. The left KNOWS that 2022 is going to be a blood bath for them, not just that but 24 is around the corner. They cheated to claim the white house using covid as the tool, it worked once, why not again? They will ride this gravy train for as long as they can. STOP BEING DUPED. OPEN YOUR EYES... So many of you are so easily controlled, its sad really. Maybe those of us with brains should embrace what they are doing and protect ourselves, because some of you do not deserve freedom, YOU DESERVE to be the slaves you are.

You really shouldn't be including yourself in the 'us'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 11:30 AM by p_rushing. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-26-2021, 07:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 06:00 PM)p_rushing Wrote: There is a bunch of evidence outside the USA. The MSM isn't reporting any of it though, so you will have to go to those countries or alternative sites for that news. Australia, UK, Israel, etc are all reporting massive spread in mostly vaccinated populations. If you look at the charts, the top 15 countries or something like that in vaccinated % are having outbreaks with the "delta" variant while the bottom countries are having no problems. In Australia over the weekend there was a report from some health official on video that of the +100 cases and hospitalizations, only 1 was unvaccinated.

I cannot believe the US numbers are correct. There are plenty of people having issues from the vaccines that doctors have been given guidance to not mention or mark the vaccine as any potential cause. Are they even testing the vaccinated people? Are they using lower cycles? Reports are the 97% of PCR tests at 35 cycles are false as the virus is dead and not active. No numbers are released to the public on cycles or amount of virus in tests.

It's hard to trust any of this because of all the constant lies that the government and MSM have put out.

Why would you post that assertion and not support it with a link or two?

I'll provide links if you really want to read them but most people just say it's not from MSM so it's pre-debunked.

(07-27-2021, 04:43 PM)Ronster Wrote: Thousands of microscopic blood clots…

The video on this study by 1 doctor of ~900 patients and 62% having these ...... meaning their lungs and heart will never heal and they will be dead within 3 years from right side failure or whatever the medical term was.

I haven't looked but he said it has been confirmed around the world also.

(07-28-2021, 10:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-27-2021, 04:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How can anyone predict when it will peak? How is that determined?

Statistical modeling based on current number of active cases, historical data on case resolution, population, vaccination rate, etc.

This paper looks at the Vulnerability Dashboard that was in use back in the fall, it gives some insight into how the models work.

Not sure if you know this or not but is the hospital at full staff or are there a bunch of openings? As we all know ERs are run close to full capacity all the time and with them mandating vaccines, better pay elsewhere, and other reasons for people leaving a lot of nurses and staff have left. So has the ER capacity changed?

(07-28-2021, 11:36 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 10:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Statistical modeling based on current number of active cases, historical data on case resolution, population, vaccination rate, etc.

Not sure if you know this or not but is the hospital at full staff or are there a bunch of openings? As we all know ERs are run close to full capacity all the time and with them mandating vaccines, better pay elsewhere, and other reasons for people leaving a lot of nurses and staff have left. So has the ER capacity changed?

As near as I can tell we have no more or fewer openings for nurses than we usually do, but the listings I see group them together regardless of unit or specialty. I heard that several local hospitals are contracting to bring in more staff from out of state, but I don't know hard details about that. I do know that we are dealing with max capacity caps because of space and not staffing.

(07-28-2021, 10:17 AM)Ronster Wrote: Look, every thinking person knows where this recent hysteria about covid is coming from. 

The 685 patients that have been admitted to our hospitals in the last 14 days? Or are they all lying too?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-28-2021, 01:39 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 01:21 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: So, I have Covid. Been about a week now since symptoms first showed up. I feel like [BLEEP]. I'm also responsible enough to not go anywhere, even with a mask, so I don't infect others.

Who is infecting all of these unvaccinated people? I have what I would consider a relatively mild case and I can't even think about going shopping or out to eat due to the fatigue. How are all these people out and about infecting others so that hospitals are filling up? I just don't get it.

People who are asymptomatic or near asymptomatic.

It was previously estimated that a third of cases are like that. I don’t know any data on delta, but if the vaccine works like it was tested (I.e. preventing symptoms) then even vaccinated people could be the spreader. That’s what the highly published ‘39%’ effective rate is all about from Israel. However, I would note that data is not peer reviewed. It’s easy to believe, but all I see are news reports. The vaccines were always designed to prevent COVID symptoms that’s what they were approved for and with the early variants we got lucky and it prevented most infections as well. Looks like that’s not the case for delta. It still prevents bad outcomes excellently (98% reduction in hospitalization and 99%+ Reduction in mortality from what I read) but less effective at preventing infection completely.

All that said, I support ending all restrictions. If you don’t want a vaccine that’s fine. You run the risk of COVID and it’s very bad sequelae. It’s like polio in some ways. 95% of people bounced back fine, another 4% had disability but was able to get along. And 1% ended up in iron lungs. Anyway, that’s all the PSA I have today.

I guess this makes sense. My husband presented with sinus infection symptoms and felt crappy for about a week and that was it. I started feeling the same symptoms and thought it was a sinus infection until I began having other symptoms. It was a lucky thing I didn't have anywhere to be so I had little interaction with folks before I tested positive. I haven't been anywhere since last Friday when I went to get tested. 

I don't get the flu virus (nor the vaccine) so I wasn't super familiar with the flu-like symptoms people talk about. I just know at some point I realized I had something more than an allergy-related sinus infection, the symptoms of which I am very familiar.

(07-28-2021, 12:53 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 01:39 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: People who are asymptomatic or near asymptomatic.

It was previously estimated that a third of cases are like that. I don’t know any data on delta, but if the vaccine works like it was tested (I.e. preventing symptoms) then even vaccinated people could be the spreader. That’s what the highly published ‘39%’ effective rate is all about from Israel. However, I would note that data is not peer reviewed. It’s easy to believe, but all I see are news reports. The vaccines were always designed to prevent COVID symptoms that’s what they were approved for and with the early variants we got lucky and it prevented most infections as well. Looks like that’s not the case for delta. It still prevents bad outcomes excellently (98% reduction in hospitalization and 99%+ Reduction in mortality from what I read) but less effective at preventing infection completely.

All that said, I support ending all restrictions. If you don’t want a vaccine that’s fine. You run the risk of COVID and it’s very bad sequelae. It’s like polio in some ways. 95% of people bounced back fine, another 4% had disability but was able to get along. And 1% ended up in iron lungs. Anyway, that’s all the PSA I have today.

I guess this makes sense. My husband presented with sinus infection symptoms and felt crappy for about a week and that was it. I started feeling the same symptoms and thought it was a sinus infection until I began having other symptoms. It was a lucky thing I didn't have anywhere to be so I had little interaction with folks before I tested positive. I haven't been anywhere since last Friday when I went to get tested. 

I don't get the flu virus (nor the vaccine) so I wasn't super familiar with the flu-like symptoms people talk about. I just know at some point I realized I had something more than an allergy-related sinus infection, the symptoms of which I am very familiar.

Having just dealt with this, do you regret not getting the vaccine?

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 01:19 PM by americus 2.0.)

(07-28-2021, 08:54 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Cover your noses people.

NEW - Dr. Fauci says it's about what's going on in the nose why vaccinated Americans have to mask up indoors again.

https://t.co/kpaao7x4bt

So according to Fauci the amount of Delta Covid found in the nasals of a vaccinated person is the same as an unvaccinated person.

It seems the vaccinated are becoming the spreaders. They are experiencing fewer symptoms, if any, and spread the virus to others because they're not getting tested and isolating sooner. Not to mention it's super contagious.

(07-28-2021, 12:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 12:53 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I guess this makes sense. My husband presented with sinus infection symptoms and felt crappy for about a week and that was it. I started feeling the same symptoms and thought it was a sinus infection until I began having other symptoms. It was a lucky thing I didn't have anywhere to be so I had little interaction with folks before I tested positive. I haven't been anywhere since last Friday when I went to get tested. 

Having just dealt with this, do you regret not getting the vaccine?

Not at all. I have bad reactions to vaccines. I haven't had a vaccine shot since my Army days. That was in the 90s and only because it was mandatory.

(07-28-2021, 12:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 11:36 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Not sure if you know this or not but is the hospital at full staff or are there a bunch of openings? As we all know ERs are run close to full capacity all the time and with them mandating vaccines, better pay elsewhere, and other reasons for people leaving a lot of nurses and staff have left. So has the ER capacity changed?

As near as I can tell we have no more or fewer openings for nurses than we usually do, but the listings I see group them together reg ardless of unit or specialty. I heard that several local hospitals are contracting to bring in more staff from out of state, but I don't know hard details about that. I do know that we are dealing with max capacity caps because of space and not staffing.

(07-28-2021, 10:17 AM)Ronster Wrote: Look, every thinking person knows where this recent hysteria about covid is coming from. 

The 685 patients that have been admitted to our hospitals in the last 14 days? Or are they all lying too?

So what? First the virus was set upon on the people by China; and I am curious on what the motives behind that were. Secondly, the mortality rate for covid nationally is hovering around 2% right around the same rate for the common flu. 

https://covidusa.net/
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(07-28-2021, 01:29 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 12:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As near as I can tell we have no more or fewer openings for nurses than we usually do, but the listings I see group them together reg ardless of unit or specialty. I heard that several local hospitals are contracting to bring in more staff from out of state, but I don't know hard details about that. I do know that we are dealing with max capacity caps because of space and not staffing.

So what? First the virus was set upon on the people by China; and I am curious on what the motives behind that were. Secondly, the mortality rate for covid nationally is hovering around 2% right around the same rate for the common flu. 

This was a test run by China that had unintended consequences. It was never supposed to be this bad.

(07-28-2021, 01:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 01:29 PM)Ronster Wrote: So what? First the virus was set upon on the people by China; and I am curious on what the motives behind that were. Secondly, the mortality rate for covid nationally is hovering around 2% right around the same rate for the common flu. 

This was a test run by China that had unintended consequences. It was never supposed to be this bad.

Its not that bad...

(07-28-2021, 01:29 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 12:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As near as I can tell we have no more or fewer openings for nurses than we usually do, but the listings I see group them together reg ardless of unit or specialty. I heard that several local hospitals are contracting to bring in more staff from out of state, but I don't know hard details about that. I do know that we are dealing with max capacity caps because of space and not staffing.

How do the numbers of Covid cases compare the numbers of annual flu cases?

(07-28-2021, 01:37 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 01:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This was a test run by China that had unintended consequences. It was never supposed to be this bad.

Its not that bad...

Yeah, in Stalin terms it's not.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 01:55 PM by Ronster.)

(07-28-2021, 01:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 01:29 PM)Ronster Wrote: So what? First the virus was set upon on the people by China; and I am curious on what the motives behind that were. Secondly, the mortality rate for covid nationally is hovering around 2% right around the same rate for the common flu. 
% % o

How do the numbers of Covid cases compare the numbers of annual flu cases?

Ronster
Its not that bad...

Talk about Hyperbole...good grief... It's because people like you panicking that gives the bad actors their power. They WANT you to panic and they perpetuating the panic with the help of  misinformation and a complicit media. I have made peace with it, I have had covid and it sucked, but I lived and I will FOREVER have antibodies against it. I don't need nor want their poison. 98% of the people that get the virus, WILL LIVE. More people die from heart disease, diabetes, and cancer just to list a few things than covid.   I don't see you panicking over that? In FACT, the vaccine is going to cause EVEN MORE DEATH from heart disease. lol silly rabbit...

https://www.dw.com/en/why-coronavirus-fe...a-52281566

(07-28-2021, 01:54 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 01:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: How do the numbers of Covid cases compare the numbers of annual flu cases?

Ronster
Its not that bad...

Talk about Hyperbole...good grief... It's because people like you panicking that gives the bad actors their power. They WANT you to panic and they perpetuating the panic with the help of  misinformation and a complicit media. I have made peace with it, I have had covid and it sucked, but I lived and I will FOREVER have antibodies against it. I don't need nor want their poison. 98% of the people that get the virus, WILL LIVE. More people die from heart disease, diabetes, and cancer just to list a few things than covid.   I don't see you panicking over that? In FACT, the vaccine is going to cause EVEN MORE DEATH from heart disease. lol silly rabbit...

Recognizing that you didn't get the reference, I will try in the future to speak more clearly and perhaps more simply. It is not "panic" that our hospitals are now full, it's fact. It is not "panic" that we can expect our already stressed healthcare resources to be stretched further in the coming days, it's fact. It's not "panic" to recognize that we are creating a care debt for non-Covid related needs that will go unpaid for some time, it's fact. It's not "panic" to realize that this pandemic is costing us million of dollars for care that wouldn't be necessary had these people taken the vaccine, it's fact. It is however, quite foolish to compare chronic non-infectious diseases to a viral pandemic, but nonsensical arguments seem to be your forte. So by all means...keep reading your quacks, throwing out data that's more than 14 months old, and ranting about "THEY" while thinking you actually know what's going on here, if it weren't so serious it would be entertaining.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 02:57 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

I don't think he understood your Stalin comment...

"A single death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sacramento....ies/%3famp
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 03:34 PM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-28-2021, 02:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 01:54 PM)Ronster Wrote: Talk about Hyperbole...good grief... It's because people like you panicking that gives the bad actors their power. They WANT you to panic and they perpetuating the panic with the help of  misinformation and a complicit media. I have made peace with it, I have had covid and it sucked, but I lived and I will FOREVER have antibodies against it. I don't need nor want their poison. 98% of the people that get the virus, WILL LIVE. More people die from heart disease, diabetes, and cancer just to list a few things than covid.   I don't see you panicking over that? In FACT, the vaccine is going to cause EVEN MORE DEATH from heart disease. lol silly rabbit...

Recognizing that you didn't get the reference, I will try in the future to speak more clearly and perhaps more simply. It is not "panic" that our hospitals are now full, it's fact. It is not "panic" that we can expect our already stressed healthcare resources to be stretched further in the coming days, it's fact. It's not "panic" to recognize that we are creating a care debt for non-Covid related needs that will go unpaid for some time, it's fact. It's not "panic" to realize that this pandemic is costing us million of dollars for care that wouldn't be necessary had these people taken the vaccine, it's fact. It is however, quite foolish to compare chronic non-infectious diseases to a viral pandemic, but nonsensical arguments seem to be your forte. So by all means...keep reading your quacks, throwing out data that's more than 14 months old, and ranting about "THEY" while thinking you actually know what's going on here, if it weren't so serious it would be entertaining.

The Stalin reference didn't click at first. Even so, it is still on par with the flu, and the reason so many people are being hospitalized (if that is even true, because they fed us that lie before) is because they are being told its the worst thing since the plague. Hypochondriacs, people sick with the flu (which I just recovered from last week) or whatever. Either way, its MANUFACTURED and you are playing right into their hands. Fine, if you want to live in fear and pretend the sky is falling, by all means, do you. But leave me out of it, in fact leave those of us alone that want NOTHING to do with this façade. As long people remain scared, they will continue to make it a big deal. FEAR SELLS, FEAR CONTROLS. I'm just not buying.

[Image: covid-meme-virus.jpg]

(07-28-2021, 03:24 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 02:36 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Recognizing that you didn't get the reference, I will try in the future to speak more clearly and perhaps more simply. It is not "panic" that our hospitals are now full, it's fact. It is not "panic" that we can expect our already stressed healthcare resources to be stretched further in the coming days, it's fact. It's not "panic" to recognize that we are creating a care debt for non-Covid related needs that will go unpaid for some time, it's fact. It's not "panic" to realize that this pandemic is costing us million of dollars for care that wouldn't be necessary had these people taken the vaccine, it's fact. It is however, quite foolish to compare chronic non-infectious diseases to a viral pandemic, but nonsensical arguments seem to be your forte. So by all means...keep reading your quacks, throwing out data that's more than 14 months old, and ranting about "THEY" while thinking you actually know what's going on here, if it weren't so serious it would be entertaining.

The Stalin reference didn't click at first. Even so, it is still on par with the flu, and the reason so many people are being hospitalized (if that is even true, because they fed us that lie before) is because they are being told its the worst thing since the plague. Hypochondriacs, people sick with the flu (which I just recovered from last week) or whatever. Either way, its MANUFACTURED and you are playing right into their hands. Fine, if you want to live in fear and pretend the sky is falling, by all means, do you. But leave me out of it, in fact leave those of us alone that want NOTHING to do with this façade. As long people remain scared, they will continue to make it a big deal. FEAR SELLS, FEAR CONTROLS. I'm just not buying.

[Image: covid-meme-virus.jpg]

Do you honestly think I'm lying to you?