Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(07-28-2021, 07:58 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 06:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You don't need to explain, I deal with you all the time.

Quit feeding the troll.

I don't think he's a troll, I think he's stubbornly misinformed.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-28-2021, 08:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 07:58 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Quit feeding the troll.

I don't think he's a troll, I think he's stubbornly misinformed.

And I think your too accepting of what your being fed. Seriously, I worry for everyone that has gotten the vaccines. I hope I am wrong, I really do. But what if I’m not?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(07-28-2021, 09:03 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 08:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't think he's a troll, I think he's stubbornly misinformed.

And I think your too accepting of what your being fed. Seriously, I worry for everyone that has gotten the vaccines. I hope I am wrong, I really do. But what if I’m not?

Honest question, how many times have you entered an ER or a hospital in the last two weeks?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-28-2021, 06:55 PM)p_rushing Wrote: What tests are they using in the hospitals?
The PCR ones that are admitted to be a failure and being recalled? Those are required to run at cycles over 35, 97% false positive rates.
How many people have covid, flu, or some influenza that is all tested as covid?
How many just have the virus in them but are actually sick from something else?

Numbers are being reported high level but they aren't providing the raw numbers that actually tell you what is happening. It's like reports for executives who are too stupid to figure out what is going on from the data, they want executive summaries to show them. There is no evidence to back up anything, no way to question or test the conclusion. There are plenty of ways a data scientist can tweak the data to generate the executive report.

I don't know, I'll ask my daughter tomorrow. I know that of the more than 250 different tests in use all of 3 of them have been recalled in the last 16 months and the one that you are most likely questioning (Innova, the one currently in the news) was not actually authorized and recalled for both false positive and false negative concerns.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2021, 09:25 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

I cannot believe how badly the Biden administration and the CDC are fumbling COVID right now.

The CDC director and Tony should resign immediately and apologize to the country.

There are some people on here who will go through life oblivious to the double standard of the media. Sleepy Joe gets all the passes.

(07-28-2021, 09:03 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 08:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't think he's a troll, I think he's stubbornly misinformed.

People make their choices man. You've gotta let it go. You and yours are who you are responsible for. Beating a dead horse doesn't do anyone any good.

My daughter's boyfriend wouldn't get the vaccine, in part, because he has a bee in his bonnet over 'big pharma' making so much profit. Absolute senselessness from a guy who has a college degree.

My daughter then told him "McDonald's makes a lot of money but you still eat there!" He got the first shot yesterday.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2021, 05:34 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

Why doesn't the WH just offer $10,000 to anyone who gets vaccinated? Isn't this considered "Infrastructure"?

Nevermind, Biden wants $100 vaccine payments. Welp, that settles it. In getting one!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-1...e-payments

(07-29-2021, 04:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My daughter's boyfriend wouldn't get the vaccine, in part, because he has a bee in his bonnet over 'big pharma' making so much profit. Absolute senselessness from a guy who has a college degree.

My daughter then told him "McDonald's makes a lot of money but you still eat there!" He got the first shot yesterday.
Good for him, I guess.  I broke down too.  

My wife was telling me about a FV post of a guy she rode the school bus with as a kid in her small town.  This guy is ranting and raving about his wife being forced to get the vaccine.  They’re hell bent on vaccines and she could lose her job. We’ll, his wife is a nurse at st Vincent.  Get a [BLEEP] clue.  1. Your employer can set whatever rule they want. 2. She’s a freaking nurse.  That ought to be mandatory.  I’m surprised it’s not.  These fools are [BLEEP] because they’re building a house and they can’t afford it on just his income.  Maybe…. You get the vaccine and move on???   Idc how right wing you are.  There are dumb [BLEEP] on both sides.

(07-29-2021, 05:52 PM)Jags Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 04:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My daughter's boyfriend wouldn't get the vaccine, in part, because he has a bee in his bonnet over 'big pharma' making so much profit. Absolute senselessness from a guy who has a college degree.

Good for him, I guess.  I broke down too.  

My wife was telling me about a FV post of a guy she rode the school bus with as a kid in her small town.  This guy is ranting and raving about his wife being forced to get the vaccine.  They’re hell bent on vaccines and she could lose her job. We’ll, his wife is a nurse at st Vincent.  Get a [BLEEP] clue.  1. Your employer can set whatever rule they want. 2. She’s a freaking nurse.  That ought to be mandatory.  I’m surprised it’s not.  These fools are [BLEEP] because they’re building a house and they can’t afford it on just his income.  Maybe…. You get the vaccine and move on???   Idc how right wing you are.  There are dumb [BLEEP] on both sides.

Do you feel it is appropriate for Biden to impose a vaccine mandate on all Federal employees?

(07-29-2021, 06:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 05:52 PM)Jags Wrote: Good for him, I guess.  I broke down too.  

Do you feel it is appropriate for Biden to impose a vaccine mandate on all Federal employees?

I don’t feel it’s appropriate for the government to impose a mandate at all.  But if your employer is a clinic or hospital, it makes plenty of sense for them to mandate it.  These guys are [BLEEP] because they’re hell bent on not getting the vaccine.  Which is weird.  Trump was in office and he did the fast track to the vaccine. Democrats say it’s rushed and don’t do it.  Mr “who the [BLEEP] am I” is in office and the Dems are shoving the vaccine down our throats.  Either way, you’re building a house. Can’t do it on 1 income.  Either don’t build it or get vaccinated if your a freaking nurse.   Don’t spew your hatred and anger all over social media. Figure your [BLEEP] out.  I’m hard core right as well.  But common sense tells me to go ahead and get vaccinated.

(07-29-2021, 06:12 PM)Jags Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 06:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Do you feel it is appropriate for Biden to impose a vaccine mandate on all Federal employees?

I don’t feel it’s appropriate for the government to impose a mandate at all.  But if your employer is a clinic or hospital, it makes plenty of sense for them to mandate it.  These guys are [BLEEP] because they’re hell bent on not getting the vaccine.  Which is weird.  Trump was in office and he did the fast track to the vaccine. Democrats say it’s rushed and don’t do it.  Mr “who the [BLEEP] am I” is in office and the Dems are shoving the vaccine down our throats.  Either way, you’re building a house. Can’t do it on 1 income.  Either don’t build it or get vaccinated if your a freaking nurse.   Don’t spew your hatred and anger all over social media. Figure your [BLEEP] out.  I’m hard core right as well.  But common sense tells me to go ahead and get vaccinated.

I see your point and don't disagree. I do have a serious issue with forced vaccination in jobs you aren't in contact with people in. You are essentially giving up your rights in return to remain employed. This is a very very dangerous time in our history.

Even then, they aren't basing the forced vaccines on "teh science." Just like I was saying a few days ago, the vaccinated are spreading this thing, too. If you've had Covid, you are just as likely as the vaccinated to avoid serious symptoms your second time around. When you take those two options off the table, why vaccinate? I do think big pharma is playing a role in this policy decision, and it bothers me. Jags, your analogy about McDonalds is flawed because I don't think anyone objects to eating at McDonald's. However, if the government mandated you eat there, even when you weren't hungry, it would be within your right to object.

If this were not a novel vaccine, I would be less vocal about my position, which is that it should be given to the at-risk, and people can volunteer to take it if they want. Then, I think those who have taken it should be tracked and studied for a few years unless the virus becomes a bigger threat than it actually is. When you look at the facts, I still don't believe their is any reason to rush into a global rollout for this thing.

I will concede that it probably has helped keep hospital numbers down with the Delta variant, and that is a good thing. I am reluctant to believe the models, and suspect this variant will blow through Jacksonville by the end of this month. That's just a hunch, based on previous studies I have read and come to believe about how Covid operates.

(07-29-2021, 06:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 06:12 PM)Jags Wrote: I don’t feel it’s appropriate for the government to impose a mandate at all.  But if your employer is a clinic or hospital, it makes plenty of sense for them to mandate it.  These guys are [BLEEP] because they’re hell bent on not getting the vaccine.  Which is weird.  Trump was in office and he did the fast track to the vaccine. Democrats say it’s rushed and don’t do it.  Mr “who the [BLEEP] am I” is in office and the Dems are shoving the vaccine down our throats.  Either way, you’re building a house. Can’t do it on 1 income.  Either don’t build it or get vaccinated if your a freaking nurse.   Don’t spew your hatred and anger all over social media. Figure your [BLEEP] out.  I’m hard core right as well.  But common sense tells me to go ahead and get vaccinated.

I see your point and don't disagree. I do have a serious issue with forced vaccination in jobs you aren't in contact with people in. You are essentially giving up your rights in return to remain employed. This is a very very dangerous time in our history.

As a co-worker do you think I should give up my right to a safe working environment because you don't want to get vaccinated? What risk do I assume as the owner by allowing you to potentially expose the rest of the staff? If I require you to be vaccinated then I have taken what could be legally seen as every reasonable precaution to provide a safe environment and that protects me when your co-workers get sue happy. However, if the only reason you get the shot is because I require it for you to remain employed and you are one of the very few who suffer an injury as a result what is my liability there?

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2021, 07:11 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-29-2021, 07:04 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Even then, they aren't basing the forced vaccines on "teh science." Just like I was saying a few days ago, the vaccinated are spreading this thing, too. If you've had Covid, you are just as likely as the vaccinated to avoid serious symptoms your second time around. When you take those two options off the table, why vaccinate? I do think big pharma is playing a role in this policy decision, and it bothers me. Jags, your analogy about McDonalds is flawed because I don't think anyone objects to eating at McDonald's. However, if the government mandated you eat there, even when you weren't hungry, it would be within your right to object.

If this were not a novel vaccine, I would be less vocal about my position, which is that it should be given to the at-risk, and people can volunteer to take it if they want. Then, I think those who have taken it should be tracked and studied for a few years unless the virus becomes a bigger threat than it actually is. When you look at the facts, I still don't believe their is any reason to rush into a global rollout for this thing.

I will concede that it probably has helped keep hospital numbers down with the Delta variant, and that is a good thing. I am reluctant to believe the models, and suspect this variant will blow through Jacksonville by the end of this month. That's just a hunch, based on previous studies I have read and come to believe about how Covid operates.
With respect, I did not make any analogy about McDonalds.  I think that was another poster.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2021, 07:22 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-29-2021, 07:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 06:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I see your point and don't disagree. I do have a serious issue with forced vaccination in jobs you aren't in contact with people in. You are essentially giving up your rights in return to remain employed. This is a very very dangerous time in our history.

As a co-worker do you think I should give up my right to a safe working environment because you don't want to get vaccinated? What risk do I assume as the owner by allowing you to potentially expose the rest of the staff? If I require you to be vaccinated then I have taken what could be legally seen as every reasonable precaution to provide a safe environment and that protects me when your co-workers get sue happy. However, if the only reason you get the shot is because I require it for you to remain employed and you are one of the very few who suffer an injury as a result what is my liability there?

I just have a principal issue with any employer mandating any medical decision for anyone. Mandate masks, social distancing, daily testing, remote work. Not the vaccine.

I'm pretty sure most onboarding paperwork never accounted for such a Nazi Germany situation, so lawyers will easily poke holes in this.

(07-29-2021, 07:08 PM)Jags Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 07:04 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Even then, they aren't basing the forced vaccines on "teh science." Just like I was saying a few days ago, the vaccinated are spreading this thing, too. If you've had Covid, you are just as likely as the vaccinated to avoid serious symptoms your second time around. When you take those two options off the table, why vaccinate? I do think big pharma is playing a role in this policy decision, and it bothers me. Jags, your analogy about McDonalds is flawed because I don't think anyone objects to eating at McDonald's. However, if the government mandated you eat there, even when you weren't hungry, it would be within your right to object.

With respect, I did not make any analogy about McDonalds.  I think that was another poster.

Whoops, my B. I don't know why I got you confused with Homebiscuit.

(07-29-2021, 07:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 06:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I see your point and don't disagree. I do have a serious issue with forced vaccination in jobs you aren't in contact with people in. You are essentially giving up your rights in return to remain employed. This is a very very dangerous time in our history.

But vaccinated people are also spreading this. I've seen this from Fauci to random doctors talking about it. I don't get why this part is hard for people to understand. So people who want to have fewer/less/no symptoms go ahead and get vaccinated but understand that you are just as much of a spreader as the unvaccinated.

BIDEN: "I'm calling on all states and local governments to use funding they have received -- to give $100 to anyone who gets fully vaccinated." https://t.co/DA67dEFKuH

LOL. This is more insulting than $0. That might buy you a pack of hot dogs and a sheet of plywood in this economy