Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

So how do you guys feel about hopitals theatening to fire their employees unless they get vaccinated?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2021, 02:02 PM by mal234. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-06-2021, 01:54 PM)Dimson Wrote: So how do you guys feel about hopitals theatening to fire their employees unless they get vaccinated?

I'm going to be honest, I don't really feel bad about it. We're talking about medical professionals who are often around vulnerable, sickly people. A lot of their patients probably can't stand to come down with a severe case of COVID, because they are running around unvaccinated. Plus, some of them have seen some unusual/health situations that aren't really precedented. They've dealt with experimental treatments, medicines before, I don't know why some of them are acting like taking a vaccine for COVID is among the worst things ever. Sometimes you have to do what you got to do to help further protect people, especially vulnerable people.

(08-06-2021, 02:00 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 01:54 PM)Dimson Wrote: So how do you guys feel about hopitals theatening to fire their employees unless they get vaccinated?

I'm going to be honest, I don't really feel bad about it. We're talking about medical professionals who are often around vulnerable, sickly people. A lot of their patients probably can't stand to come down with a severe case of COVID, because they are running around unvaccinated. Plus, some of them have seen some unusual/health situations that aren't really precedented. They've dealt with experimental treatments, medicines before, I don't know why some of them are acting like taking a vaccine for COVID is among the worst things ever. Sometimes you have to do what you got to do to help further protect people, especially vulnerable people.

My daughter has a friend who is a nurse that is against the vaccine and is promoting the use of ivermectin. My vaccinated daughter ignores her.

(08-06-2021, 02:00 PM)mal234 Wrote:

The vaccine doesn't keep you from getting covid though. So your argument is invalid.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I don't feel any different about it today than I did the last 25 years that vaccines have been required for our health care workers.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-06-2021, 02:20 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 02:00 PM)mal234 Wrote: I'm going to be honest, I don't really feel bad about it. We're talking about medical professionals who are often around vulnerable, sickly people. A lot of their patients probably can't stand to come down with a severe case of COVID, because they are running around unvaccinated. Plus, some of them have seen some unusual/health situations that aren't really precedented. They've dealt with experimental treatments, medicines before, I don't know why some of them are acting like taking a vaccine for COVID is among the worst things ever. Sometimes you have to do what you got to do to help further protect people, especially vulnerable people.

The vaccine doesn't keep you from getting covid though. So your argument is invalid.

That's a weak argument. The current hospitalization trends prove conclusively that the vaccine prevents illness or abates it to very mild symptoms. The rare outlier gets seriously ill after vaccination.

If the vaccine is preventing illness, it is successful. Again, that has been proven without a doubt.

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2021, 02:27 PM by mal234.)

(08-06-2021, 02:20 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 02:00 PM)mal234 Wrote: I'm going to be honest, I don't really feel bad about it. We're talking about medical professionals who are often around vulnerable, sickly people. A lot of their patients probably can't stand to come down with a severe case of COVID, because they are running around unvaccinated. Plus, some of them have seen some unusual/health situations that aren't really precedented. They've dealt with experimental treatments, medicines before, I don't know why some of them are acting like taking a vaccine for COVID is among the worst things ever. Sometimes you have to do what you got to do to help further protect people, especially vulnerable people.

No it isn't lol.  Studies are showing it's pretty effective in preventing people from catching COVID and also from catching more severe cases of it. It won't stop everyone from getting COVID, but it can prevent people from getting it and prevent serious cases of it.

Like I said I don't feel bad for medical professionals working in hospitals required to get the shots. They are working in a darn hospital. I honestly wouldn't want someone unvaccinated tending to a high risk loved one of mine.

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do, when it comes to stuff. If they don't like it, there is possibly an option of finding employment elsewhere.

I am kind of on the fence about it.  On the one hand I don't think anyone, including government should have the authority to make somebody put something into their body against their will.  I am also totally against what New York is doing, that being making restaurant and gym owners only serve people who show proof of vaccination.

On the other hand, if getting a vaccine is a condition of employment, then if the person wants to work there they need to meet the requirement.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-06-2021, 12:35 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 10:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So where are you getting all of this information you're posting about what they are doing?

Coming straight from the Governor, Mayor, and whoever else from the hospitals that were on the statewide update they had. News4jax I think had some article about treating people for a few hours with some drug now that knocks it out and they are generally able to leave within 1-2 days. Then there was statement about people showing up now at first sign of symptoms, which is great for treatment to stop it, but is just over-following everything because the MSM has them all scared they are going to die.

People that wait too long though are hurting themselves because doctors are just saying wait and see if it gets bad or people aren't checking with doctors because most won't see you it you have symptoms. There are treatment protocols that generally work but you have to get on it quickly and most people had been waiting until it was too late. People also still aren't taking vitamins they need to stay healthy throughout the year, not to mention to stop covid.

(08-06-2021, 01:12 AM)Eric1 Wrote: yea sure thing bud  Laughing

There are people that think that, there are some crazy stuff from them ... the metal thing is real and may be the reason some people have a magnet stick to them. Either it is not spreading throughout the body in some people, the mixture is messed up or not mixed well, or people are getting placebos.

Oh, the Governor's Round Table where none of the Jacksonville-area hospital CEOs were on the call? This one? It's especially important to note that every person on the call attributed South Florida's lesser impact from this outbreak to their higher vaccination rate while also calling for everyone else to get vaccinated. So it seems like you're not really all that well informed about what's really going on in Jacksonville, nor are you willing to take the guidance of the people who you are turning right around and sourcing for your claims. Weird!

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2021...-19-spike/

The treatment you're talking about is most likely the Monoclonal Antibody infusion, which is doing a great job as therapy but is severely limited in availability. It's given in the outpatient setting and the patient usually goes home after a 4-6 hour administration, so the biggest scarcity is actually having facility space to do the infusion. Those patients aren't counted in the inpatient census numbers that are being reported, nor are the hundreds of others that are being treated my modified home health initiatives that have travelling nurses making house calls. The facilities are doing everything they can to treat patients in the lowest skill setting possible to keep the inpatient beds open for those who absolutely have to be overseen round the clock.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/...ing-notes/

Congratulations!!!! We are all vaxxed!

(08-06-2021, 07:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/...ing-notes/

Congratulations!!!! We are all vaxxed!

Makes sense since 250 million of us died of gunshot wounds last year.

Get my second shot tomorrow, provided I get off work in time. [Dead man walking]

(08-06-2021, 12:14 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Welp I officially have my first wave of 5g radiating throughout my body.. My antennas should start growing shortly.

I told ya I’d update you. I honestly didn’t even feel that the nurse even gave me the shot.  Now that it is the next day, I can feel that I did get the shot. Nothing painful. My sore muscles at the end of the day rank way higher than what little soreness I’m feeling from the shot.  No side affects, unless something develops later on today.  No super powers. Fairly uneventful.

(08-08-2021, 08:26 AM)Jags Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 12:14 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Welp I officially have my first wave of 5g radiating throughout my body.. My antennas should start growing shortly.

I told ya I’d update you. I honestly didn’t even feel that the nurse even gave me the shot.  Now that it is the next day, I can feel that I did get the shot. Nothing painful. My sore muscles at the end of the day rank way higher than what little soreness I’m feeling from the shot.  No side affects, unless something develops later on today.  No super powers. Fairly uneventful.

I was surprised at how sore I was for the 3 days after my first one.  Second shot the 20th if I go.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

[Image: 59007-F62-6-DCF-43-C7-B673-182242868-BAE.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(08-08-2021, 02:16 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: 59007-F62-6-DCF-43-C7-B673-182242868-BAE.jpg]

God bless that lady... I agree!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Sigh.

Looks like there was a solid turnout at 44's super spreader event last night.

(08-08-2021, 08:26 AM)Jags Wrote:

(08-08-2021, 08:51 AM)copycat Wrote:
(08-08-2021, 08:26 AM)Jags Wrote: I told ya I’d update you. I honestly didn’t even feel that the nurse even gave me the shot.  Now that it is the next day, I can feel that I did get the shot. Nothing painful. My sore muscles at the end of the day rank way higher than what little soreness I’m feeling from the shot.  No side affects, unless something develops later on today.  No super powers. Fairly uneventful.

I was surprised at how sore I was for the 3 days after my first one.  Second shot the 20th if I go.

I just had a tiny bit of soreness in my arm, right on the spot where I got the 1st shot at. Just like you would for any kind of shot. I get the 2nd shot on the 26th.

I really hope that hubris, group think, and cognitive dissonance doesn't rear it's ugly head. We'd better get this one right.