Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Robinson top 100

(08-12-2021, 10:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He was 3rd in rushing week 14 before the injury behind a online you don't think is very good.  There shouldn't be 3 other RBs close to the top 100 then.  Any time a Jag player gets any type of reward you don't think is disserving lol.

I don't know how many RB I would have in the top 100 players in the NFL, it might be zero that's true. But if you had to put a couple in Robinson doesn't come close to guys like Henry, Chubb, Cook, Kamara, or Aaron Jones. He's good, he's not special. Imagine googling rushing yards at week 14 and thinking that's a sound reasoning for an overall top 100 list.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-12-2021, 10:28 AM)Upper Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 10:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He was 3rd in rushing week 14 before the injury behind a online you don't think is very good.  There shouldn't be 3 other RBs close to the top 100 then.  Any time a Jag player gets any type of reward you don't think is disserving lol.

I don't know how many RB I would have in the top 100 players in the NFL, it might be zero that's true. But if you had to put a couple in Robinson doesn't come close to guys like Henry, Chubb, Cook, Kamara, or Aaron Jones. He's good, he's not special. Imagine googling rushing yards at week 14 and thinking that's a sound reasoning for an overall top 100 list.

I didn't have to Google anything, I remember where he was at in rushing before he got hurt. Dude was 3rd in rushing behind what you call a bad online and one of the worst passing teams.  How did he do it?  The players votes him in I'm sure they have a better idea of what type of player he is being they went against him.

(08-12-2021, 10:28 AM)Upper Wrote:

Derrick Henry
Nick Chubb
Dalvin Cook
Alvin Kamara
Aaron Jones

Do these guys maybe have something in common?  Ya know, like playing on better teams?  And except in Cook's case, MUCH better teams.

Robinson gained his yardage despite being on the shittiest team in the league.  Good grief.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-12-2021, 03:38 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Do these guys maybe have something in common?  Ya know, like playing on better teams?  And except in Cook's case, MUCH better teams.

Robinson gained his yardage despite being on the shittiest team in the league.  Good grief.

I assume you have also watched them as well.

(08-12-2021, 03:55 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 03:38 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Do these guys maybe have something in common?  Ya know, like playing on better teams?  And except in Cook's case, MUCH better teams.

I assume you have also watched them as well.

That's OK.  I realize if it's the Jaguars then they get extra special scrutiny from you.  I've seen it for too many years.

(08-12-2021, 03:58 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 03:55 PM)Upper Wrote: I assume you have also watched them as well.

That's OK.  I realize if it's the Jaguars then they get extra special scrutiny from you.  I've seen it for too many years.

He's always done that lol

(08-12-2021, 03:58 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 03:55 PM)Upper Wrote: I assume you have also watched them as well.

Nope I'm just able to overcome my biases.

Let's put it this way: this list is essentially saying if you made every player a free agent and had a draft to win just this year which order should they get drafted in. If you truly think Robinson would go top 100 out of the entire league in a draft like that you are off your rocker.

(08-12-2021, 08:21 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 03:58 PM)RicoTx Wrote: That's OK.  I realize if it's the Jaguars then they get extra special scrutiny from you.  I've seen it for too many years.

Let's put it this way: this list is essentially saying if you made every player a free agent and had a draft to win just this year which order should they get drafted in. If you truly think Robinson would go top 100 out of the entire league in a draft like that you are off your rocker.

You don't think one of the top running backs in the league would go in the top 100 picks? Mon, what are YOU smokin'?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 08:32 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-12-2021, 08:26 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 08:21 PM)Upper Wrote: Nope I'm just able to overcome my biases.

You don't think one of the top running backs in the league would go in the top 100 picks? Mon, what are YOU smokin'?

I think maybe 1 or 2 might, probably zero should...and Robinson is not in the top 5 or 10 RBs. 100 players goes by very fast.

Yes he does deserve it. Probably 80's or 90's.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(08-12-2021, 08:21 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 03:58 PM)RicoTx Wrote: That's OK.  I realize if it's the Jaguars then they get extra special scrutiny from you.  I've seen it for too many years.

LOL.  You're [BLEEP] ridiculous.

(08-12-2021, 08:58 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

I don't think he understands how the top 100 players work.   The NFL took the votes of NFL players on who they think the best players are.  The players who gain the most votes make the top 100.  Upper this is the NFL players saying he is a top 100 player.  I value their opinion much more than yours.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

A very high honor indeed.

(08-12-2021, 08:32 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 08:26 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: You don't think one of the top running backs in the league would go in the top 100 picks? Mon, what are YOU smokin'?

I think maybe 1 or 2 might, probably zero should...and Robinson is not in the top 5 or 10 RBs. 100 players goes by very fast.

Top 5 maybe not. Top 10, absolutely. I'd put him 6 or 7 just north or south of Nick Chubb or Saquon Barkley,.Skill players are always at a premium in any draft.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 10:19 PM by Upper.)

(08-12-2021, 09:06 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 08:58 PM)RicoTx Wrote: LOL.  You're [BLEEP] ridiculous.

I don't think he understands how the top 100 players work.   The NFL took the votes of NFL players on who they think the best players are.  The players who gain the most votes make the top 100.  Upper this is the NFL players saying he is a top 100 player.  I value their opinion much more than yours.

I remember every year this board has laughed at this exact list because it's just a popularity contest and the players actually don't care to make a good list. They vote for teammates and friends and other players their agents represent and such. Remember when everyone was laughing about John Kuhn making the list as a declining fullback? Resoundingly no, we should not trust the players to be able to rank themselves 1-100. Abolustely not.

(08-12-2021, 08:58 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

And yet you know it's true. He wouldn't even go top 100 if it were just a top 100 offensive players in the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 10:30 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-12-2021, 10:17 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 09:06 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I don't think he understands how the top 100 players work.   The NFL took the votes of NFL players on who they think the best players are.  The players who gain the most votes make the top 100.  Upper this is the NFL players saying he is a top 100 player.  I value their opinion much more than yours.

I remember every year this board has laughed at this exact list because it's just a popularity contest and the players actually don't care to make a good list. They vote for teammates and friends and other players their agents represent and such. Remember when everyone was laughing about John Kuhn making the list as a declining fullback? Resoundingly no, we should not trust the players to be able to rank themselves 1-100. Abolustely not.

And yet you know it's true. He wouldn't even go top 100 if it were just a top 100 offensive players in the NFL.

They've said that they don't actually have the players fill out a full top 100. They have a bunch of players fill out who they think their top 20-25 players are (not including themselves) in the league and then the NFL, or whoever compiles the top 100 based on those lists.

(08-12-2021, 10:17 PM)Upper Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 09:06 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I don't think he understands how the top 100 players work.   The NFL took the votes of NFL players on who they think the best players are.  The players who gain the most votes make the top 100.  Upper this is the NFL players saying he is a top 100 player.  I value their opinion much more than yours.

Yeah, I know it's true.  That's why I'm calling your [BLEEP] out.  What a bonehead.

(08-13-2021, 08:03 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Yeah, I know it's true.  That's why I'm calling your [BLEEP] out.  What a bonehead.

You can call me all the names and insert all of the expletives that you want. You know it's true, there's no way in hell Robinson goes top 100 if the NFL made every player in the league a FA and they had a draft right now.

(08-13-2021, 08:53 AM)Upper Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 08:03 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Yeah, I know it's true.  That's why I'm calling your [BLEEP] out.  What a bonehead.

You can call me all the names and insert all of the expletives that you want. You know it's true, there's no way in hell Robinson goes top 100 if the NFL made every player in the league a FA and they had a draft right now.

Mostly because the top 40 would be all quarterbacks.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-13-2021, 08:53 AM)Upper Wrote:

Thanks for telling me what I think Karnak.