Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wilson Struggles

(08-10-2021, 05:47 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 04:27 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Someone needs to work on their reading comprehension skills. Go back and look at my old posts. Once we locked down the #1 pick, I was always in favor of drafting Trevor Lawrence. I just didn't think we'd get the chance. I was sure The Jets were gonna pick #1. What I actually said was that I believed Wilson had a slightly higher ceiling than Lawrence, but that he would take more time to get there. I believed Lawrence was gonna be better, in a quicker period of time, but Wilson may end his career with slightly better stats. I definitely saw Lawrence as the safer pick and since I am not a gambling man, I will always take the "sure thing." 

I don't know how many times my words have been twisted in this regard. When I believed we were picking #2, I was all in on Wilson, because I still believe he was without question, the 2nd best QB option in the draft. Once we got that #1 selection though, it was a whole new ballgame. I never thought Lawrence was in play for us, until we actually locked in that #1 pick. I thought for sure we'd do something to screw it up, like we normally do. Lawrence was the safer pick and I will always take the safer pick. My post from the end of the season all the way up to the draft, shows this. 

I still think both QB's will have long and successful NFL careers. Remember, both are rookies and will have many bad games along the way. That is part of growth. Peyton Manning had a miserable rookie season and he just went in the HOF. Rookie seasons like the one Justin Herbert had are almost unheard of. People shouldn't expect that for either of these guys. I just expect to see improvements from Lawrence from the beginning of the season to the end. I have no statistical expectations what so ever. 

Those are the facts.

That's what I remember you saying tbh.

Kinda disgusting how people seem to want Wilson to fail or just enjoy the guy having a hard time.

He isn't a Jaguar.

Why should I root for him to succeed?

How many Jets fans give a [BLEEP] about Trevor Lawrence succeeding?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-10-2021, 08:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 05:47 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: That's what I remember you saying tbh.

Kinda disgusting how people seem to want Wilson to fail or just enjoy the guy having a hard time.

He isn't a Jaguar.

I think the reason Wilson is getting extra crap from Jags fans is because of Jets fans.

They were so dead set on getting Trevor and then they changed their tune so quickly when he was going to be a Jag.

“He’s not that good and I would take Wilson anyway.”

“So glad we got Wilson and not Lawrence”

I couldn’t care less about Wilson because the Jags got the guy everyone wanted

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2021, 11:37 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-10-2021, 07:39 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 05:47 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: That's what I remember you saying tbh.

Yes, your posting towards Yannick over the last year and a half has been so much more altruistic lol.

Because Wilson has had the same attitude problems as Ngakoue...
Wilson is a rookie, Ngakoue was a veteran who I never rooted against, I only kept repeating that most people here overrated the guy and he didn't have the perfect character people said.
If I ever made fun of his play it was more against the people here who claimed the guy was a top pass rusher.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2021, 11:38 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 4 times in total.)

(08-10-2021, 08:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

He isn't a Jaguar.

Do whatever you want. 

He is just a kid though, a good one it seems and he could have been a Jag. I am not just a Jaguar fan, I am fan of football and I like to see players succeed like Mahomes, Josh Allen, Bosa brothers, Lamb, Wills etc.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(08-10-2021, 11:03 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 08:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He isn't a Jaguar.

Do whatever you want. 

He is just a kid though, a good one it seems and he could have been a Jag. I am not just a Jaguar fan, I am fan of football and I like to see players succeed like Mahomes, Josh Allen, Bosa brothers, Lamb, Wills etc.

I like to see good football players too, and I know the Jaguars can't or shouldn't monopolize the great player market.  The NFL could not have grown to what we all know and love without a reasonably equitable distribution of talent.

Even though Barry Sanders was never a Jaguar, it was truly a delight to watch him play.

But given the antagonism from the Jets fans/Jaguars haters in the national media and in general about TL coming to us, I rest comfortably taking some joy in Wilson's struggles.  Had that antipathy from Jets fans not happened, I wouldn't express these sentiments, because otherwise I've little to no reason to hate the Jets.

(08-10-2021, 10:57 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 07:39 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Yes, your posting towards Yannick over the last year and a half has been so much more altruistic lol.

Because Wilson has had the same attitude problems as Ngakoue...
Wilson is a rookie, Ngakoue was a veteran who I never rooted against, I only kept repeating that most people here overrated the guy and he didn't have the perfect character people said.
If I ever made fun of his play it was more against the people here who claimed the guy was a top pass rusher.

Uhhh, sure thing.

Practice, you talking about practice???
https://twitter.com/damienwoody/status/1...23841?s=19
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-10-2021, 09:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 08:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He isn't a Jaguar.

I think the reason Wilson is getting extra crap from Jags fans is because of Jets fans.

They were so dead set on getting Trevor and then they changed their tune so quickly when he was going to be a Jag.

“He’s not that good and I would take Wilson anyway.”

“So glad we got Wilson and not Lawrence”

I couldn’t care less about Wilson because the Jags got the guy everyone wanted
That is exactly the case for me.

Under "normal" circumstances, I'd want Wilson to succeed with the Jets because I don't want the Bills to do anything.  If Wilson is a success, he is more likely to beat the Bills, which makes things for them more difficult.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-qb-zach-wi...-vs-giants

Wilson looked good. He has good velocity on his throws. Very Aaron Rodgersesque in his release, throwing motion.

(08-15-2021, 05:38 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-qb-zach-wi...-vs-giants

I've always liked Keelan Cole and thought he was under-utilized here because of one bad stretch in his second year.  I'll be pissed if he plays well for the Jets.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-15-2021, 08:27 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 05:38 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-qb-zach-wi...-vs-giants

I've always liked Keelan Cole and thought he was under-utilized here because of one bad stretch in his second year.  I'll be pissed if he plays well for the Jets.

In complete agreement with you on this point.

Wilson had about the same stat line yesterday as Trevor. 6 for 9 with 63 yards, no TDs.

He had more impressive throws than Trevor tbh

Jets have suffered a lot too if he ends being great awesome for them.

(08-15-2021, 11:19 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He had more impressive throws than Trevor tbh

I think Wilson has the better line, TBH

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 09:05 PM by iHaunting Raven. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-16-2021, 10:02 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 11:19 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He had more impressive throws than Trevor tbh

I think Wilson has the better line, TBH

Sure, you can thank Meyer and Baalke for that.

(08-16-2021, 12:05 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 10:02 AM)Mikey Wrote: I think Wilson has the better line, TBH

Sure, you can thank Meyer and Baalker for that.

Wallbash

Hopefully, Little can develop his hands in the next month.  I think at minimum, he immediately upgrades RT.

But I would have liked to see the team take another OL or two.

O.k., I know I should not be rooting for another team's QB, but Wilson is putting on a show against Green Bay. He doesn't look like a rookie at all. He's led 4 drives in the first half. One for a FG and 2 for passing TD's. The only drive that they stalled on was because the Jets called 3 straight running plays and failed to get the first down. Right now, Wilson is 9 for 11 for 128 yards and 2 TD's. I really think he's gonna be a very good pro. It's hard not to root for the guy. I really thought we were gonna have the #2 overall pick and he was gonna be a Jaguar. I am praying that Lawrence can play this well during the season. One big advantage that Wilson has though is that he has Mekhi Becton and George Fant protecting him on the edge. I wish we had starting OT's like that. Now, I'm just hoping our OT's don't get Lawrence injured.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 05:54 PM by JagsFanSince95. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-21-2021, 05:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: O.k., I know I should not be rooting for another team's QB, but Wilson is putting on a show against Green Bay. He doesn't look like a rookie at all. He's led 4 drives in the first half. One for a FG and 2 for passing TD's. The only drive that they stalled on was because the Jets called 3 straight running plays and failed to get the first down. Right now, Wilson is 9 for 11 for 128 yards and 2 TD's. I really think he's gonna be a very good pro. It's hard not to root for the guy. I really thought we were gonna have the #2 overall pick and he was gonna be a Jaguar. I am praying that Lawrence can play this well during the season. One big advantage that Wilson has though is that he has Mekhi Becton and George Fant protecting him on the edge. I wish we had starting OT's like that. Now, I'm just hoping our OT's don't get Lawrence injured.

Zach Wilson looks far more comfortable and more prepared than Trevor as of now. Maybe that changes after Monday Night, but you can't deny just how smooth he looks... Even if it's against backups, that's how you expect a 1st or 2nd overall pick to look vs scrubs. Clean/crisp and moving the ball at will.