Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence (merged threads)

[Image: 232162619_4902167083131051_3338017699552...e=610E8D5C]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That was scary. Just went to ESPN and the headline said Lawson Ruptures Achilles out for season and I read that as Lawrence.

(08-19-2021, 11:03 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: That was scary.  Just went to ESPN and the headline said Lawson Ruptures Achilles out for season and I read that as Lawrence.

You shouldn't have even typed that out!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Something makes me think Tavon Austin is going to make the team.. i don't even know what to feel at WR right now. Feel like we have too many good ones, who goes who stays.

(08-19-2021, 11:03 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: That was scary.  Just went to ESPN and the headline said Lawson Ruptures Achilles out for season and I read that as Lawrence.

DELETE, Delete.

NH3...
"AZANE"

So does Trevor bust out this game?

(08-20-2021, 08:29 PM)surfon Wrote: So does Trevor bust out this game?

I honestly hope so, I'm not saying he looked bad in his first action but tbh Bortles first preseason game was more impressive lol. But it's preseason week 1, means nothing as of now.

(07-02-2021, 10:23 AM)RicoTx Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3173...nce-rookie

Hey mods. Can we pin this at the top of the page as required reading?

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 07:38 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-21-2021, 07:17 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

I honestly hope so, I'm not saying he looked bad in his first action but tbh Bortles first preseason game was more impressive lol. But it's preseason week 1, means nothing as of now.

I saw the game in the stadium and I was not real impressed, although I was cognizant of the fact that he did not get enough reps to get into any kind of rhythm.   But I also recorded the TV version and after watching that, I was a lot more impressed.  Mainly with his arm strength and accuracy.  

One thing I noticed from watching live is that the plays he was running didn't seem to be designed with a check down that he could use if the downfield guys were not open.  It seemed like that resulted in him holding the ball too long.  I saw an interview with Darrell Bevel and he said on one of those plays, it was a 2-man route, so that would tell me that they actually have some plays that don't have a safety valve if the downfield receivers are not open.  I don't understand that.

I also think he'll look a lot better as we emphasize the running game more.

(08-21-2021, 07:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 07:17 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I honestly hope so, I'm not saying he looked bad in his first action but tbh Bortles first preseason game was more impressive lol. But it's preseason week 1, means nothing as of now.

I saw the game in the stadium and I was not real impressed, although I was cognizant of the fact that he did not get enough reps to get into any kind of rhythm.   But I also recorded the TV version and after watching that, I was a lot more impressed.  Mainly with his arm strength and accuracy.  

One thing I noticed from watching live is that the plays he was running didn't seem to be designed with a check down that he could use if the downfield guys were not open.  It seemed like that resulted in him holding the ball too long.  I saw an interview with Darrell Bevel and he said on one of those plays, it was a 2-man route, so that would tell me that they actually have some plays that don't have a safety valve if the downfield receivers are not open.  I don't understand that.

I think on the first sack (first play overall) he might have been able to get the ball to Etienne just before getting hit, but a rookie in his first game failing to do that doesn't particularly concern me. He made a couple of great throws in the game and missed one a little high.

(08-21-2021, 07:17 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

In his first preseason game, he got to his 3rd read quickly multiple times. Not sure Bortles ever made it to his 3rd read.

(08-21-2021, 08:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 07:17 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I honestly hope so, I'm not saying he looked bad in his first action but tbh Bortles first preseason game was more impressive lol. But it's preseason week 1, means nothing as of now.
In his first preseason game, he got to his 3rd read quickly multiple times. Not sure Bortles ever made it to his 3rd read.
Im just saying Bortles first preseason game, at least by the eye test looked far more impressive tho i do believe he played a bit more aswell.

(08-21-2021, 08:31 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 08:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: In his first preseason game, he got to his 3rd read quickly multiple times. Not sure Bortles ever made it to his 3rd read.
Im just saying Bortles first preseason game, at least by the eye test looked far more impressive tho i do believe he played a bit more aswell.

I remember Bortles' first preseason game.  I was at the game, and he made a beautiful pass over the middle, and I turned to my friend and said, 

"We finally got a quarterback!!  He's for real!!"  

I try to keep that incident in mind when evaluating rookies.

The best throw Lawrence made was the 10 yard out route to Jones to pick up the third and 9.

Zack Wilson with a very impressive 2nd start for the Jets. Wilson looked damn good in his first game. I hope Lawerence can shut Chris Simms up and show that he is the best QB in this draft. Monday night tbd...
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but what if the silly qb1/qb2 battle is going down to not overwork Trevor's arm? I'm glad we didn't get a ho hum coach like the Texans got but this staff is really looking a little lost.

(08-22-2021, 09:26 AM)prime winner Wrote: Sorry if this has already been discussed, but what if the silly qb1/qb2 battle is going down to not overwork Trevor's arm? I'm glad we didn't get a ho hum coach like the Texans got but this staff is really looking a little lost.

He gets the same amount of work either way, so it would have no effect on the health of his arm.

I feel like the QB "competition" is a way for Urban to claim that he did his due diligence in evaluating and putting in the most prepared QB. I think we all know that Lawrence is the guy, but imagine if he is installed for game 1 and for whatever reason (i.e. the Oline doesn't protect) he flops. Then possibly has 2 bad games in a row. Now you have everyone questioning if Urban even considered giving Trevor some time behind Minshew until he was more ready. Urbs will be starting Trevor, no doubt. But the competition gives him a buffer for any criticism should Trevor not start out hot.

(08-22-2021, 09:37 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: I feel like the QB "competition" is a way for Urban to claim that he did his due diligence in evaluating and putting in the most prepared QB. I think we all know that Lawrence is the guy, but imagine if he is installed for game 1 and for whatever reason (i.e. the Oline doesn't protect) he flops. Then possibly has 2 bad games in a row. Now you have everyone questioning if Urban even considered giving Trevor some time behind Minshew until he was more ready. Urbs will be starting Trevor, no doubt. But the competition gives him a buffer for any criticism should Trevor not start out hot.
Due diligence is fine but he’s not trotting out Minshew week 1 so what’s the point in prolonging the inevitable? It’s like when everyone on the planet knew the Jags were taking Lawrence and yet Urban never told anyone what his plans were.

Trevor will be out there week 1 against the Texans. He will throw for 250 and 3 scores. Jags win.