Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(09-02-2021, 09:38 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 09:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Buying the horse pill or paste in order to take a drug that doesn't do anything to Covid is dumb. The dosage is all wrong, the inactive ingredients are potentially dangerous and the concentration is designed for a 1,000 pound animal not a 180 pound human. But morons gonna moron I guess.

You ever worry that you share a lot of political views with these people?

Does your government know you are posting here? Better take your 15 minute checkin picture!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-02-2021, 09:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 09:38 PM)lastonealive Wrote: You ever worry that you share a lot of political views with these people?

Does your government know you are posting here? Better take your 15 minute checkin picture!

Hide your junk
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-02-2021, 06:21 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 06:17 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's satire. That satire doesn't exist if dems don't start calling Ivermectin horse medicine. That's also politically motivated.

I get it, that's why I'm laughing but it also illustrates how entwined this issue has become with politics. It should be the medical community informing our opinions, not our political inclinations. But that's not the world we live in.

That's just it. The medical community does inform our opinions. The MSM takes one opinion and twists it to fit their narrative, and the right wing media takes a different opinion to fit their narrative. Ivermectin is a safe drug. The vaccine is effective at reducing the severity of covid. The risk of the vaccine seems small at this point. The vaccine does little to stop the spread of Covid. Occasionally, people who are dumb kill themselves by playing doctor. The variants seem to come from unvaccinated populations that haven't been hit hard by covid. Natural immunity is superior to the vaccination. All of those things are true.

There are so many people on this board that are misinformed, both right and left. It doesn't matter that there are a bunch of conflicting studies. Everyone thinks they know everything. Instead of saying we aren't sure, and letting people make choices in their best interests, they all take one stance and then shift it to fit their point of view. Some of that makes sense as the data is unknown, but it's astounding to me that people can't shift their views as they learn new information. It's like thinking becomes stuck. We have to become less dogmatic in our approach to life. Society has never thrived where people are restricted.

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2021, 01:56 AM by p_rushing.)

(09-02-2021, 09:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 06:19 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It's just humor adding a satirical view to the stuff the blue checkmark brigade is spewing.

Buying the horse pill or paste in order to take a drug that doesn't do anything to Covid is dumb. The dosage is all wrong, the inactive ingredients are potentially dangerous and the concentration is designed for a 1,000 pound animal not a 180 pound human. But morons gonna moron I guess.

It could have some bad stuff in it but you have to look for the brands without other stuff in it. Horses are expensive, more than a lot of humans for the thoroughbreds, vets and owners aren't going to give their horses brands with shady manufacturers and adding junk in it. You can easily overdose though so I'm sure some people have because schools don't teach math.

It doesn't have a different concentration, it is weight based dosage. If a horse doesn't weight 1,000lbs then does it not work for that horse? What about young horses? No you just adjust the dosage based on the weight of the horse. A human is a smaller "horse" so just adjust the dosage. You could say the amount of ivermectin in the smaller dosage is still to high for a human but you aren't. If it was too high, I'm sure you can figure out the dosage using the pill version. The human pill version is also based on weight. It doesn't change the concentration, it changes the volume of mg you get in the dose. The concentration is the same unless there is settling or improper mixing.

The it doesn't work narrative is falling apart. Data from around the world shows there is enough evidence to widely prescribe it as a preventive measure. It's cheap, has no interactions, and 1 death in decades of usage. Now celebrities are using it and the word is reaching normals so much that stores are pulling it from shelves. The MSM is getting the word out and backfiring as they try to call it horse meds.

You are right that we don't have any data from real scientific studies as they aren't being allowed. We also don't have real studies for the vaccine. They gave people shots, sent them out to the world and checked who got covid. How did they check if everyone was equally exposed to covid in the same age and other groups? They didn't, the only controlled variable was did they get the vaccine or not. They didn't isolate them, expose them to covid, etc.

They then took the # of unvaccinated with covid + the # vaccinated with covid. They calculated the efficacy by # of vaccinated with covid / total with covid = 95%. That's not how you calculate it, you should see the % of infected in each test group and subtract the unvaccinated from the vaccinated to get the <1% improvement with the vaccine.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

So instead of going through the trouble of getting vaccinated all I had to do was calculate the proper dosage of horse medicine from a feed store? I feel so foolish.

No. You just have to get vaccinated if you think that's what's best for you. Then, anyone else who wants natural immunity for themselves can figure out how they want to try to mitigate the worst effects of the virus. You literally don't have to do anything but watch.

The virus supposedly helps the democrats and their desire for power and control, so you will never get the truth from the media that is firmly a propaganda arm of the Democrat party.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Mandatory for my job now. SMH
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(09-03-2021, 08:02 AM)copycat Wrote: Mandatory for my job now.  SMH

Do you still have your onboarding paperwork? See if it says anything about mandatory vaccinations.  Hire an attorney.

(09-03-2021, 08:12 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Do you still have your onboarding paperwork? See if it says anything about mandatory vaccinations.  Hire an attorney.

And do what exactly?

(09-03-2021, 06:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: So instead of going through the trouble of getting vaccinated all I had to do was calculate the proper dosage of horse medicine from a feed store? I feel so foolish.

I'm just amazed that Covid also created so many PharmD.'s, it's amazing what this thing did for us all!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-03-2021, 01:53 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 09:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Buying the horse pill or paste in order to take a drug that doesn't do anything to Covid is dumb. The dosage is all wrong, the inactive ingredients are potentially dangerous and the concentration is designed for a 1,000 pound animal not a 180 pound human. But morons gonna moron I guess.

It could have some bad stuff in it but you have to look for the brands without other stuff in it. Horses are expensive, more than a lot of humans for the thoroughbreds, vets and owners aren't going to give their horses brands with shady manufacturers and adding junk in it. You can easily overdose though so I'm sure some people have because schools don't teach math.

It doesn't have a different concentration, it is weight based dosage. If a horse doesn't weight 1,000lbs then does it not work for that horse? What about young horses? No you just adjust the dosage based on the weight of the horse. A human is a smaller "horse" so just adjust the dosage. You could say the amount of ivermectin in the smaller dosage is still to high for a human but you aren't. If it was too high, I'm sure you can figure out the dosage using the pill version. The human pill version is also based on weight. It doesn't change the concentration, it changes the volume of mg you get in the dose. The concentration is the same unless there is settling or improper mixing.

The it doesn't work narrative is falling apart. Data from around the world shows there is enough evidence to widely prescribe it as a preventive measure. It's cheap, has no interactions, and 1 death in decades of usage. Now celebrities are using it and the word is reaching normals so much that stores are pulling it from shelves. The MSM is getting the word out and backfiring as they try to call it horse meds.

You are right that we don't have any data from real scientific studies as they aren't being allowed. We also don't have real studies for the vaccine. They gave people shots, sent them out to the world and checked who got covid. How did they check if everyone was equally exposed to covid in the same age and other groups? They didn't, the only controlled variable was did they get the vaccine or not. They didn't isolate them, expose them to covid, etc.

They then took the # of unvaccinated with covid + the # vaccinated with covid. They calculated the efficacy by # of vaccinated with covid / total with covid = 95%. That's not how you calculate it, you should see the % of infected in each test group and subtract the unvaccinated from the vaccinated to get the <1% improvement with the vaccine.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I guess you just can't argue with the logic that says humans and horses are the same thing while also saying that the doctors, pharmacists, and manufacturer are wrong in their guidance for using this product.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-03-2021, 06:23 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: No. You just have to get vaccinated if you think that's what's best for you. Then, anyone else who wants natural immunity for themselves can figure out how they want to try to mitigate the worst effects of the virus. You literally don't have to do anything but watch.

Unfortunately, this false belief is what allows the virus to continue to propagate. Listen, I'm against officials trying to legislate vaccine compliance but as a society, we've done a poor job of educating people about the benefits of vaccines. There's so much anti-vaccine misinformation in this thread, it's crazy.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Why are we assuming it’s just the unvaccinated who is trying to get ivermectin? There is plenty of vaxxed people who are still freaking out about getting sick even after having the shot, especially with the news telling you of a new variant every 10 minutes and how your vaccine might not protect you from it.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(09-03-2021, 10:56 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 06:23 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: No. You just have to get vaccinated if you think that's what's best for you. Then, anyone else who wants natural immunity for themselves can figure out how they want to try to mitigate the worst effects of the virus. You literally don't have to do anything but watch.

Unfortunately, this false belief is what allows the virus to continue to propagate. Listen, I'm against officials trying to legislate vaccine compliance but as a society, we've done a poor job of educating people about the benefits of vaccines. There's so much anti-vaccine misinformation in this thread, it's crazy.

Perhaps, but there is a lot of pro vaccine misinformation as well. The problem is that we have a dishonest government pushing a vaccine that is basically still in the trial stages. The American people and indeed the world are not getting the correct information about the virus. Its been well documented that government officials are using the virus to consolidate power and use for other nefarious reasons. The government and especially THIS government has earned that distrust. They have shown themselves to be incompetent and politically motivated. Thankfully we live in a country where it is very hard to force us to do anything.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-02-2021, 11:43 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 06:21 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I get it, that's why I'm laughing but it also illustrates how entwined this issue has become with politics. It should be the medical community informing our opinions, not our political inclinations. But that's not the world we live in.

That's just it. The medical community does inform our opinions. The MSM takes one opinion and twists it to fit their narrative, and the right wing media takes a different opinion to fit their narrative. Ivermectin is a safe drug. The vaccine is effective at reducing the severity of covid. The risk of the vaccine seems small at this point. The vaccine does little to stop the spread of Covid. Occasionally, people who are dumb kill themselves by playing doctor. The variants seem to come from unvaccinated populations that haven't been hit hard by covid. Natural immunity is superior to the vaccination. All of those things are true.

There are so many people on this board that are misinformed, both right and left. It doesn't matter that there are a bunch of conflicting studies. Everyone thinks they know everything. Instead of saying we aren't sure, and letting people make choices in their best interests, they all take one stance and then shift it to fit their point of view. Some of that makes sense as the data is unknown, but it's astounding to me that people can't shift their views as they learn new information. It's like thinking becomes stuck. We have to become less dogmatic in our approach to life. Society has never thrived where people are restricted.

Blaming the media or government for distortions is fine but anyone has the option of finding out for themselves. The CDC has tons of information. The WHO has their own website with information. There have been many legit academic and hospital studies both US-based and international, confirming the benefits of the vaccine. None of those are likely to recommend Ivermectin as a treatment. Hydrogen peroxide in a nebulizer will not make you immune. Nor will methylene chloride.

Natural immunity has not been proven superior to vaccination (I know there's an un-peer reviewed Israeli study you referenced that says otherwise, but that contradicts previous studies). Moreover, natural immunity requires you to first get the virus which people should be trying to avoid due to the unnecessary risk of death, disability or passing it on to others. The CDC recommends the vaccine even for people that have previously been diagnosed with the virus because there's not enough known about how long natural immunity will protect those people.  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nco...s/faq.html

There's irony in that you're right that everyone thinks they know everything which is why I keep mentioning the data and the science. Look at the CDC information. Look at the studies (not just one). Take questionable sources such as fly by night websites with several large grains of salt. It's Critical Thinking 101.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2021, 12:32 PM by Ronster. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-03-2021, 11:27 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 11:43 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's just it. The medical community does inform our opinions. The MSM takes one opinion and twists it to fit their narrative, and the right wing media takes a different opinion to fit their narrative. Ivermectin is a safe drug. The vaccine is effective at reducing the severity of covid. The risk of the vaccine seems small at this point. The vaccine does little to stop the spread of Covid. Occasionally, people who are dumb kill themselves by playing doctor. The variants seem to come from unvaccinated populations that haven't been hit hard by covid. Natural immunity is superior to the vaccination. All of those things are true.

Blaming the media or government for distortions is fine but anyone has the option of finding out for themselves. The CDC has tons of information. The WHO has their own website with information. There have been many legit academic and hospital studies both US-based and international, confirming the benefits of the vaccine. None of those are likely to recommend Ivermectin as a treatment. Hydrogen peroxide in a nebulizer will not make you immune. Nor will methylene chloride.

Natural immunity has not been proven superior to vaccination (I know there's an un-peer reviewed Israeli study you referenced that says otherwise, but that contradicts previous studies). Moreover, natural immunity requires you to first get the virus which people should be trying to avoid due to the unnecessary risk of death, disability or passing it on to others. The CDC recommends the vaccine even for people that have previously been diagnosed with the virus because there's not enough known about how long natural immunity will protect those people.  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nco...s/faq.html

I'm sorry, but the CDC and WHO are political institutions with an Agenda and cannot be trusted

"Remember when the CDC decided to only track severe breakthrough COVID infections, not more mild cases in vaccinated people. Well, it turns out that decision is impacting the agency’s ability to track the spread of the Delta variant and vaccine efficacy.  They have no idea what’s going on."

That’s why we rely on Israel for data on the downfall of the Pfizer Vaccine.

Dr. Simone Gold exposed the CDC

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/ex...mone-gold/

[Image: sjw-outrage-covid-vaccine.jpeg]

And where ignorant people have a broad platform to spew their ignorance.

(09-03-2021, 08:02 AM)copycat Wrote: Mandatory for my job now. SMH
Ask them where you can get the FDA approved vaccine? It doesn't exist in the US. Then tell them they cannot mandate a EUA vaccine.

Realisticly though, contact a lawyer and find out what you need to do to win your case. Things like don't tell them your status, record everything or get it in writing, make them fire you, etc. If you know a bunch of coworkers in the same situation, go to a lawyer together. A large enough group and they will stop their plans.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(09-03-2021, 12:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And where ignorant people have a broad platform to spew their ignorance.

Like ignorant people that believe the CDC and WHO?

(09-03-2021, 12:57 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 12:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And where ignorant people have a broad platform to spew their ignorance.

Like ignorant people that believe the CDC and WHO?

I was thinking more like those who listen to noted crackpot and insurrectionist Simone Gold.

(09-03-2021, 12:50 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
Ask them where you can get the FDA approved vaccine? It doesn't exist in the US. Then tell them they cannot mandate a EUA vaccine.

Realisticly though, contact a lawyer and find out what you need to do to win your case. Things like don't tell them your status, record everything or get it in writing, make them fire you, etc. If you know a bunch of coworkers in the same situation, go to a lawyer together. A large enough group and they will stop their plans.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Yeah, good luck with that. I guess now Covid makes everyone a lawyer too.