Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Meyer falling apart already?

(09-13-2021, 08:32 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/143...47264?s=19

Anyone see this? Can't tell if this is a joke or not. OP has 217k followers.

JOKE

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Many people on Twitter biting. Guess I wasn't sure because it seemed totally possible.

(09-13-2021, 08:35 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Many people on Twitter biting. Guess I wasn't sure because it seemed totally possible.

Speak truth to power!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

To be fair, last year week 1 we beat the Colts and then flamed out. Divisional games tend not to go the way they SHOULD go. Week 2 will be a better tell of how the season will go.

That said, how does Robinson get only 5 carries? Was Robinson on the team Bevell or Meyer was facing in Fantasy Football or something?

Right now we are assuming the Texans are the worst team in the league. You never know how things will shake out. They could be one of the top teams, you just never know at this point of the season.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(09-13-2021, 08:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 08:32 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/143...47264?s=19

Anyone see this? Can't tell if this is a joke or not. OP has 217k followers.

JOKE

Joke or not, Meyer will not make it beyond year two. 

He may quit after this year

(09-13-2021, 08:57 PM)Jagswillwin Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 08:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: JOKE

Joke or not, Meyer will not make it beyond year two. 

You guys crack me up, sometimes I think you are serious.  The real funny thing about it is this is a Jags board and its pretty clearly fully of folks that root against the Jags.

(09-13-2021, 08:43 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: To be fair, last year week 1 we beat the Colts and then flamed out. Divisional games tend not to go the way they SHOULD go. Week 2 will be a better tell of how the season will go.

That said, how does Robinson get only 5 carries? Was Robinson on the team Bevell or Meyer was facing in Fantasy Football or something?

Yes, signing and even playing Hyde over Robinson reeks of cronyism. Robinson is the superior talent. Baalke didn't draft him, so maybe there's that too. I'm souring on Baalke big time. He's the weasel who got in Kahn's ear and convinced him to lure Meyer and then install himself as a puppet GM. Apparently his appetite for college coaches knows no bounds, despite crash and burns with Chip Kelly and Harbaugh.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(09-14-2021, 12:15 AM)CinciJag Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 08:57 PM)Jagswillwin Wrote: Joke or not, Meyer will not make it beyond year two. 

You guys crack me up, sometimes I think you are serious.  The real funny thing about it is this is a Jags board and its pretty clearly fully of folks that root against the Jags.

It's emotionally safe to be a cynic.  I guess a lot of people posting here have weak feelz.

(09-14-2021, 12:15 AM)Thanks CinciJag Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 08:57 PM)Jagswillwin Wrote: Joke or not, Meyer will not make it beyond year two. 

Many mixed feelings on the Meyer hire, I think because of inexperience (nah lol) or where he has previously coached. Maybe still a lot of hard feelings over that

Fans were more positive back when it was a former coordinator hire like Bradley or Malarkey

I’ve stated we should give Meyer a 5 or 6 game benefit of the doubt before we start passing hard judgement on his NFL abilities. With that being said, this next game will be a big indicator of whether he’s getting a grasp of league play and the team. If he can clean up the penalties, use the running game more, and less dropped passes, that will be a good sign.

And for god’s sake, give Wingard a smock and a tray of Gatorade squirt bottles on the sidelines to keep him occupied.

(09-13-2021, 06:24 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Hmmm, rookie QB, rookie Head Coach, entirely new coaching staff, new GM - coming off a 1-15 season.  Did anyone really expect that the Jaguars were going to be some juggernaut this year?  Of course not. Most people were expecting 4-6 wins this season at best.  The entire roster was devoid of talent and you can't fix a dumpster fire like this in one offseason.  

Come on, give it some time before everyone panics.  They go 0-16 and Trevor regresses from this game - then you start panicking.

No expectation of great things, but had an understanding that a coach making 8 figures would at least not look like a deer in the headlights in the first q. There were horribly unprepared, making mistakes that should be cleaned up over the course of preseason games.

I get that there is some "trust the process" involved, but you can't say we didn't look a fool on Sunday.

(09-14-2021, 08:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ve stated we should give Meyer a 5 or 6 game benefit of the doubt before we start passing hard judgement on his NFL abilities. With that being said, this next game will be a big indicator of whether he’s getting a grasp of league play and the team. If he can clean up the penalties, use the running game more, and less dropped passes, that will be a good sign.

And for god’s sake, give Wingard a smock and a tray of Gatorade squirt bottles on the sidelines to keep him occupied.

of all the scapegoating that goes on around here, I just don't understand what Wingard did to some of y'all's moms to make him public enemy #1.

I'd get it if he were the second coming of Chris Prosinski...y'all make him out to be worse than that. It's comical.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/14377...28940?s=20

Dilla is probably one of the most connected people for Jags inside information.

Apparently, JLC was right.....

(09-14-2021, 08:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’ve stated we should give Meyer a 5 or 6 game benefit of the doubt before we start passing hard judgement on his NFL abilities. With that being said, this next game will be a big indicator of whether he’s getting a grasp of league play and the team. If he can clean up the penalties, use the running game more, and less dropped passes, that will be a good sign.

I agree. Ive been pretty critical of some of Meyers decisions since hes started and people have taken shots at me for it but you've got to give him time. Sadly we werent just a new HC and ideas away from being a contender again but this is what Marrone could never do and what i want to see from Meyer, can you fix the mistakes?

I dont expect the Denver game to be error free and no mistakes but like you say, if its still the same after 6,7,8 weeks then you can ask questions why we aren't improving but you need to give them time. 

Sunday was rough and no one came out of it looking good but the only way is up from here. Its up to Meyer and his staff to show they are those guys that can actually change it.

(09-14-2021, 12:15 AM)CinciJag Wrote:

You guys crack me up, sometimes I think you are serious.  The real funny thing about it is this is a Jags board and its pretty clearly full of folks that don't want to wait through yet another inept coaching staff.

Fixed that for you

(09-14-2021, 08:16 AM)Mikey Wrote:

of all the scapegoating that goes on around here, I just don't understand what Wingard did to some of y'all's moms to make him public enemy #1.

I'd get it if he were the second coming of Chris Prosinski...y'all make him out to be worse than that. It's comical.

Because ever since he was drafted, Wingard has been the most undisciplined player in the history of this franchise. He seems to get more 15 yard penalties than anyone else on the team, for as little as he has played in the past. They were almost always costly penalties. He is a liability in coverage and always has been. I can't for the life of me, figure out why he wasn't cut and Jarrod Wilson was let go. Wilson was no prize, but he was miles better than Wingard. Why anyone in their right mind would think it was a good idea to install Wingard in the starting lineup, baffles me to no end.

True or not who knows. If real could just be one or two coaches who are annoyed and leaked this to complain. Or maybe it's a real problem.

Either way winning cures all. If they somehow turn things around none of what jlc said will matter.

(09-14-2021, 09:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 08:16 AM)Mikey Wrote: of all the scapegoating that goes on around here, I just don't understand what Wingard did to some of y'all's moms to make him public enemy #1.

Because ever since he was drafted, Wingard has been the most undisciplined player in the history of this franchise. He seems to get more 15 yard penalties than anyone else on the team, for as little as he has played in the past. They were almost always costly penalties. He is a liability in coverage and always has been. I can't for the life of me, figure out why he wasn't cut and Jarrod Wilson was let go. Wilson was no prize, but he was miles better than Wingard. Why anyone in their right mind would think it was a good idea to install Wingard in the starting lineup, baffles me to no end.

The only thing I have against the kid is that he's injured two of his teammates in practice. (including Josh Oliver who should still be on this team) 

He's not public enemy #1 to me at all. He's just a kid that should be a back up safety and ST guy at the very best and never start for an NFL team unless tragedy has befallen the DB room. 

The problem is the personnel decision makers who retained him over Jarrod Wilson and started him over the superior athlete in Cisco. Those guys [BLEEP] up and they [BLEEP] up badly.

(09-14-2021, 09:11 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 09:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Because ever since he was drafted, Wingard has been the most undisciplined player in the history of this franchise. He seems to get more 15 yard penalties than anyone else on the team, for as little as he has played in the past. They were almost always costly penalties. He is a liability in coverage and always has been. I can't for the life of me, figure out why he wasn't cut and Jarrod Wilson was let go. Wilson was no prize, but he was miles better than Wingard. Why anyone in their right mind would think it was a good idea to install Wingard in the starting lineup, baffles me to no end.

The only thing I have against the kid is that he's injured two of his teammates in practice. (including Josh Oliver who should still be on this team) 

He's not public enemy #1 to me at all. He's just a kid that should be a back up safety and ST guy at the very best and never start for an NFL team unless tragedy has befallen the DB room. 

The problem is the personnel decision makers who retained him over Jarrod Wilson and started him over the superior athlete in Cisco. Those guys [BLEEP] up and they [BLEEP] up badly.

Did they ever! Now, we are questioning a lot of things the decision makers have done, because some of these blunders are completely inexcusable.