Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impresssions from the Texans Game-Wk 1

(09-13-2021, 12:19 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Who cares about body language, expressions etc.? What I care about is why did this team appear so woefully apathetic and uninspired?

Duval Till Whatever, Dude.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If we are in meltdown now, can't wait to see the boards when we are 0-4 to start the season

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021, 05:00 PM by TLawIsEnforced.)

1-16 to 3-14 max if lucky enough!!!! 0-17 is now at 80%!
Needless to say about the one of the worst ever opening day games ever in NFl history!!! The Jaguars touchdowns were Texans pity given ones!!! What a joke of a performance that Urban Meyer and staff put on the football field Sunday!!!

(09-13-2021, 12:56 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 12:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The point I’m trying to make is you guys are making judgement calls after one game. Give it time to develop. After 5 or 6 games and it still looks like a Gus Bradley train wreck, then by all means start considering slash and burn. Until that happens, it’s useless to prognosticate doom and gloom.

I didn't say fire the guy, I said take precautions against him possibly making the future worse.

I don't know that having the guy who had all options open to him and chose the guy in need of a leash (per the board) is the best option for providing checks and balances here.

Problem is, who do you authorize for that role, Tony K? The crony GM figurehead? Oesher?

(09-13-2021, 04:51 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: If we are in meltdown now, can't wait to see the boards when we are 0-4 to start the season

I wouldn't be concerned if we didn't have a pathetic off season and a circus of useless distractions. 

QB Competitions
Stupid Trades
TE Soap Opera

If they can line up and execute and elevate where we compete than 0-4 won't bother me. If at any point in the past 4 years if we saw any semblance of play or even a plan to reasonable address anything or even have a direction, I would be understanding.

What is this team? What are the schemes, goals, plans or foundations? Hey we have a off the potential board young cheap QB but how are we helping him? Why did we waste time not committing to make it better around him?

It will kill me to see them Minshew Lawrence. You know ridiculous number of O Coordinators, stupid game plans and no supporting cast.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-13-2021, 09:24 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 04:51 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: If we are in meltdown now, can't wait to see the boards when we are 0-4 to start the season

I wouldn't be concerned if we didn't have a pathetic off season and a circus of useless distractions. 

QB Competitions
Stupid Trades
TE Soap Opera

If they can line up and execute and elevate where we compete than 0-4 won't bother me. If at any point in the past 4 years if we saw any semblance of play or even a plan to reasonable address anything or even have a direction, I would be understanding.

What is this team? What are the schemes, goals, plans or foundations? Hey we have a off the potential board young cheap QB but how are we helping him? Why did we waste time not committing to make it better around him?

It will kill me to see them Minshew Lawrence. You know ridiculous number of O Coordinators, stupid game plans and no supporting cast.

I just don't know how we've managed to look like the same bland offense and defense for a decade (minus one anomalous year) across three different HCs and various OCs/DCs. It's always the same crap.

Quick impressions based on what I saw:

Coaching Staff: I liked the idea of coming out throwing as we did, because i'm sure the Texans were expecting a heavy dose of running in Trevors first game. But past the first 3-4 plays, why the hell did we barely run the ball? We have 2 good RB's use them man!

Trevor: Has shown the ability to make clutch/difficult throws but still struggles with simple plays from time to time, needs to clean up the turnovers quickly.

Wrs/Tes: Marvin Jones is our #1, not Chark. The drops from Chark/oshag etc were insanely poor and killed momentum big time.

Defense: Pass rush looks like a bunch of Dante Fowlers out there, getting pressure but just can't tackle the QB for some reason.. come on man.

Agnew: Why did we pay him 7m/year? lmao.

I just kept thinking all the morale boosting in the world doesn't win games. We already rode the Gus Bus and ate his sprinkles. Urban Meyer is known as a winner in college football. That doesn't mean crap in the NFL.

I didn't expect sunshine and rainbows but I didn't expect a [BLEEP] sandwich either.

(09-13-2021, 04:56 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote: 1-16 to 3-14 max if lucky enough!!!! 0-17 is now at 80%!
Needless to say about the one of the worst ever opening day games ever in NFl history!!! The Jaguars touchdowns were Texans pity given ones!!! What a joke of a performance that Urban Meyer and staff put on the football field Sunday!!!

the sky if falling, the sky is falling...

It looked like a rookie QB starting his first game on a team that was 1-15 last year.  You guys are hilarious

Wow, I'm glad I stopped in to follow these Jag boards. This is some grade A melting.

One thing I noticed about T-Law during watching his Clemson tape, Preseason and Sunday was that when he's under a good amount of pressure and he rolls out, his accuracy drops big time.

(09-13-2021, 04:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 04:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm curious to see how the staff adjusts for this next game. If I see two things, less penalties and a more balanced offense, I'll be satisfied more positive changes are coming. Those are two items on our long list of deficiencies that can be fixed posthaste. Better defensive play would be nice but that's going to take more than a week to fix.

Agree 100%.  The come out and throw it all over the place approach to offense will never work in the NFL.  Having somewhat of a run game is important.  Also, it's not so much the penalties... it's the STUPID penalties that kill drives and progress.

...and dropped passes.

(09-13-2021, 03:57 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: My first impression after watching this game...

I don't think we win a game this season.  Not with that train wreck that we saw yesterday.  The Jaguars looked like a AA college team trying to compete at the NFL level.

I'd agree that we'd have the dubious honour of being the first ever 0-17 team, if it weren't for the fact we have to play the Texans again at the Bank.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2021, 08:21 AM by Mikey.)

(09-14-2021, 04:24 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Wow, I'm glad I stopped in to follow these Jag boards.  This is some grade A melting.

Oh, didn't realize you were gone. Welcome back, I guess?

(09-14-2021, 06:16 AM)UKJag Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 03:57 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: My first impression after watching this game...

I don't think we win a game this season.  Not with that train wreck that we saw yesterday.  The Jaguars looked like a AA college team trying to compete at the NFL level.

I'd agree that we'd have the dubious honour of being the first ever 0-17 team, if it weren't for the fact we have to play the Texans again at the Bank.

I won't say I see that happening, but if it does I think you absolutely have to fire the lot of coaches, coordinators, and GM.

I'm not worried about Trevor at all. When he was good, he was great. Some of those throws were amazing. He definitely has the best arm of any QB in Jags history. He has a cannon. These receivers aren't used to catching these types of passes. Our QB's of the past have basically thrown "flutter balls" with very little velocity. It's gonna take time for them to gel with Lawrence and learn how to catch his fastballs, but it will happen. Just have patience.

Yes, the interceptions were ugly. Very ugly, but imo, that is a by-product of Lawrence constantly facing pressure, having no running game to rely on, being down by double digits the entire game and trying to do too much when he is forced to throw 51 times in his pro debut. I blame this on the coaches. Trevor is gonna be just fine. If you thought he was gonna come in and look like Drew Brees in his prime, you were fooling yourself. This is a young QB with a lot of talent, but going from the NCAA in a weaker division, where you were used to dominating your opponents to the NFL where you are now on the worst team in the NFL with the worst O-Line in the NFL and a HC that has no NFL experience and looks completely lost, this is a HUGE difference. Lawrence will figure things out, but he's gonna need some help.

(09-14-2021, 08:55 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not worried about Trevor at all. When he was good, he was great. Some of those throws were amazing. He definitely has the best arm of any QB in Jags history. He has a cannon. These receivers aren't used to catching these types of passes. Our QB's of the past have basically thrown "flutter balls" with very little velocity. It's gonna take time for them to gel with Lawrence and learn how to catch his fastballs, but it will happen. Just have patience.

Yes, the interceptions were ugly. Very ugly, but imo, that is a by-product of Lawrence constantly facing pressure, having no running game to rely on, being down by double digits the entire game and trying to do too much when he is forced to throw 51 times in his pro debut. I blame this on the coaches. Trevor is gonna be just fine. If you thought he was gonna come in and look like Drew Brees in his prime, you were fooling yourself. This is a young QB with a lot of talent, but going from the NCAA in a weaker division, where you were used to dominating your opponents to the NFL where you are now on the worst team in the NFL with the worst O-Line in the NFL and a HC that has no NFL experience and looks completely lost, this is a HUGE difference. Lawrence will figure things out, but he's gonna need some help.

Good post, certainly agree with you. I think as well he had Lovie Smith and Romeo Crennel really giving him some odd looks on D trying to confuse him. Its one of those things you can only really learn playing games and he will learn those little reads at the NFL level. Again this will take him some time as it does any QB and more knowledge and experience will help him.

(09-14-2021, 04:24 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Wow, I'm glad I stopped in to follow these Jag boards.  This is some grade A melting.

Don't you have a franchise to shill for? Too bad you aren't the real Johnny O because those columns suck.
The Khan Years

Watching the MNF game last night just reinforced how inept this Front Office is. They signed Jermaine Eluemunor, a 5th year Guard to the roster on August 28 and released him on cut day 3 days later.

He stepped in for the Raiders last night at Right Guard when Denzelle Good hurt his knee on the first series.

69 snaps, 0 penalties, 0 sacks, 0 pressures.

Against the Ravens front and the Mayor.

He's been on their roster for 10 days and he's already better than 3/5ths of the line of the team that didn't need him.

We're being trolled by imbeciles, and I don't just mean TLawIsEnforced.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I hate being negative. I really do but I am tired of this franchise taking half measures and kicking the can down the road. They over paid for the coach instead of blue chip free agents. Free agency is a trap and I would be fine if the drafting was better.
The Khan Years

(09-14-2021, 09:49 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: I hate being negative. I really do but I am tired of this franchise taking half measures and kicking the can down the road. They over paid for the coach instead of blue chip free agents. Free agency is a trap and I would be fine if the drafting was better.

The Urban Meyer hiring was not a half measure, it was a big splash signing, and I don't fault Shad Khan for the effort. He's spent money like crazy in his time here, he just can't get the right guys spending it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato