Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Offensive Line PFF grades vs Houston

(09-13-2021, 11:19 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 08:41 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jawaan Taylor was bad? Weird. If only anyone could have foreseen this happening....

But you're point about the drops is extremely deflating. The only rookie QB who has the mindset, skillset and leadership to turn this thing around is Trevor. I don't care what the other rookie QBs do. If they were in Trevors situation, they would look HORRIBLE.

Told by a reporter in the press conference, Meyer repeated him with, " six drops?" Reporter asked another question about that that I couldn't hear but Meyer then replied to the effect  "I'll let you know next week." Sound like WR group in for some serious work, maybe even a roster move or two?

It's a LOT easier to replace WRs than OL.  But I'm concerned that Meyer is ignorant of the problem he has on the OL.  His OL can run block decently.  Why not do the thing they're good at? Nah, let's throw it 51 times instead.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-13-2021, 11:24 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 11:19 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Told by a reporter in the press conference, Meyer repeated him with, " six drops?" Reporter asked another question about that that I couldn't hear but Meyer then replied to the effect  "I'll let you know next week." Sound like WR group in for some serious work, maybe even a roster move or two?

It's a LOT easier to replace WRs than OL.  But I'm concerned that Meyer is ignorant of the problem he has on the OL.  His OL can run block decently.  Why not do the thing they're good at? Nah, let's throw it 51 times instead.
It’s baffling

(09-13-2021, 11:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 11:24 AM)mikesez Wrote: It's a LOT easier to replace WRs than OL.  But I'm concerned that Meyer is ignorant of the problem he has on the OL.  His OL can run block decently.  Why not do the thing they're good at? Nah, let's throw it 51 times instead.
It’s baffling

[Image: smart-boy-9ef64b5749.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2021, 11:52 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/Brickwallblitz/statu...8345202692
https://twitter.com/Brickwallblitz/statu...9880474627

Seeing different stats on pressures everywhere. Profootballreference has us down for taking 8 total pressures and pressuring Tyrod 14 times, at 37% (highest in the league). Tyrod was pretty elusive.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/y...21/opp.htm

The line has to play better. Bottom line.
I to would like to see little in there some where. New blood but it's not probably going to happen anytime soon. Just play BETTER

(09-15-2021, 12:00 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Seeing different stats on pressures everywhere. Profootballreference has us down for taking 8 total pressures and pressuring Tyrod 14 times, at 37% (highest in the league). Tyrod was pretty elusive.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/y...21/opp.htm

Which is why you take everything with a grain of salt and try to get as many different resources as possible and then go from there. Every site has their own dumb formula and you should never fully trust any of them.

Media: How do you feel about the offensive line as a whole going into the next match with the Broncos?

Myers: They're fine. But, did you hear the sound that was made when Trevor throws the ball?

The problem wasn't that we gave up 16 pressures on 51 attempts, it's that we gave up 16 pressures on 51 attempts vs the Texans. Odds are that was the easiest matchup the team is going to have all year.

Honestly I saw some promising things last weekend. We probably had 5 sacks against most quarterbacks. We had two picks we were in position for just didn’t make the play not evening mentioning the drops and the few passes we had off mark.

Take away the stupid penalties and make the plays when we are in position to make, and we could make a quick jump.

(09-15-2021, 12:03 PM)Upper Wrote: The problem wasn't that we gave up 16 pressures on 51 attempts, it's that we gave up 16 pressures on 51 attempts vs the Texans. Odds are that was the easiest matchup the team is going to have all year.
The Browns are going to obliterate the Texans.

I will enjoy watching the texans lose the rest of the season but then we have to play them again ha

(09-15-2021, 12:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: The Browns are going to obliterate the Texans.

I don't know if that would make me feel good as a Jaguars fan. Huh

(09-13-2021, 12:16 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: How have we retained A.J. Cann for this long?  Wasn't he benched last year or the year before already?  Hello?

The worst part about AJ Cann (who was drafted in 2015) is that he is going to be 30 in October and was 23 when we drafted him.  AJ IS 1 MONTH OLDER THAN LUKE JOEKEL who was drafted in 2013.   He should have come in well polished at age 23 whereas you excuse certain things when players come in at age 21.

(09-13-2021, 12:16 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: How have we retained A.J. Cann for this long?  Wasn't he benched last year or the year before already?  Hello?

Agreed, he should of been replaced years ago.  I

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2021, 03:52 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-15-2021, 02:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

The worst part about AJ Cann (who was drafted in 2015) is that he is going to be 30 in October and was 23 when we drafted him.  AJ IS 1 MONTH OLDER THAN LUKE JOEKEL who was drafted in 2013.   He should have come in well polished at age 23 whereas you excuse certain things when players come in at age 21.

This team has a history of holding onto offensive linemen way past their expiration. I've heard people say that it takes O-Linemen a while to develop. It didn't take Tristan Wirfs time to develop. Mekhi Becton showed flashes of ability right out of the gate as well. So did guys like Ronnie Stanley, Zack Martin, Quenton Nelson and a myriad of others. The guys that do take a while to develop, like Garrett Bolles at least show signs of improvement from year to year. With our O-Line, Robinson and Taylor have been bad from day 1 and have never showed signs of improvement. Last year, Cann improved a little, but even having him get better just brought him up to a level of serviceable. Now, at least after one game this season, he looks like he has regressed back to being terrible and look how long we've given him to improve. 

We've waited so long for these guys to develop (which they still haven't,) and now we're in a mess. At the end of the season, Cann, Robinson, Norwell, Shatley and Richardson will all be free agents. Add to that fact that Taylor probably needs to be replaced more than any other Jags' O-Lineman and we may be looking at replacing 4 of our 5 starting O-Linemen in 2022. I've also been scouting the "top" OT's the last 2 weeks in college football and I have yet to find someone other than Alabama's Evan Neal that I would even consider giving a first round grade to. This OT class sucks! I don't know what we're gonna do? We certainly can't keep this current O-Line now that we have the franchise QB we've waited 25 years for, but we've held onto bad players and mediocrity on the O-Line for so long, that now we've shot ourselves in the foot.

(09-15-2021, 12:03 PM)Upper Wrote: The problem wasn't that we gave up 16 pressures on 51 attempts, it's that we gave up 16 pressures on 51 attempts vs the Texans. Odds are that was the easiest matchup the team is going to have all year.

No truer statement has ever been made on this board. It's gonna get ugly in the coming weeks when we play really good defenses.

(09-15-2021, 03:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 02:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: The worst part about AJ Cann (who was drafted in 2015) is that he is going to be 30 in October and was 23 when we drafted him.  AJ IS 1 MONTH OLDER THAN LUKE JOEKEL who was drafted in 2013.   He should have come in well polished at age 23 whereas you excuse certain things when players come in at age 21.

This team has a history of holding onto offensive linemen way past their expiration. I've heard people say that it takes O-Linemen a while to develop. It didn't take Tristan Wirfs time to develop. Mekhi Becton showed flashes of ability right out of the gate as well. So did guys like Ronnie Stanley, Zack Martin, Quenton Nelson and a myriad of others. The guys that do take a while to develop, like Garrett Bolles at least show signs of improvement from year to year. With our O-Line, Robinson and Taylor have been bad from day 1 and have never showed signs of improvement. Last year, Cann improved a little, but even having him get better just brought him up to a level of serviceable. Now, at least after one game this season, he looks like he has regressed back to being terrible and look how long we've given him to improve. 

We've waited so long for these guys to develop (which they still haven't,) and now we're in a mess. At the end of the season, Cann, Robinson, Norwell, Shatley and Richardson will all be free agents. Add to that fact that Taylor probably needs to be replaced more than any other Jags' O-Lineman and we may be looking at replacing 4 of our 5 starting O-Linemen in 2022. I've also been scouting the "top" OT's the last 2 weeks in college football and I have yet to find someone other than Alabama's Evan Neal that I would even consider giving a first round grade to. This OT class sucks! I don't know what we're gonna do? We certainly can't keep this current O-Line now that we have the franchise QB we've waited 25 years for, but we've held onto bad players and mediocrity on the O-Line for so long, that now we've shot ourselves in the foot.

No truer statement has ever been made on this board. It's gonna get ugly in the coming weeks when we play really good defenses.
Next year's OT class may not be the strongest, but there will end up being at least 2 or 3 players who will become very good NFL players. Besides Neal, I'm sure some of these guys will continue to improve during their junior or senior season and become a top 10 prospect. It's up to our scouting dept. and general manager to find these guys. I can't say I'm optimistic that Baalke and company will do this since they believed last years line was not a problem.

(09-15-2021, 12:06 PM)NoShoes Wrote: Honestly I saw some promising things last weekend. We probably had 5 sacks against most quarterbacks. We had two picks we were in position for just didn’t make the play not evening mentioning the drops and the few passes we had off mark.

Take away the stupid penalties and make the plays when we are in position to make, and we could make a quick jump.

It wouldn't be a Jaguars game without penalties.

Jaguars have a channel on youtube. Watched Pete Prisco and Tony Boselli agree that it was probably the worst game they have every seen AJ Cann play. They questioned if the covid protocol he was in a few weeks ago was the issue. Either way, another game or half like that from Cann it's almost a have to play someone else there.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-15-2021, 05:42 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Jaguars have a channel on youtube.  Watched Pete Prisco and Tony Boselli agree that it was probably the worst game they have every seen AJ Cann play.  They questioned if the covid protocol he was in a few weeks ago was the issue.  Either way, another game or half like that from Cann it's almost a have to play someone else there.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make the move this week.  They already have issues on both tackles, they can't afford the middle to collapse as well.  I guess it depends on how he goes in practice - maybe it was the covid that hit him.