Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2021, 07:16 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Pickled garlic.  My wife has a friend who makes pickled garlic.  This friend apparently dropped off a whole jar of it the other day, and my wife has been eating the stuff, and it stinks up the whole house.

I had a friend who worked where I used to work, and his wife cooked him dinners that were apparently full of garlic, because I could tell where he had been in the office as much as an hour later.  You could track the guy all over the office by the garlic smell.  

Garlic is great in moderation, but if you eat garlic by itself, a nasty garlic odor oozes out of your skin and the air can stink for hours unless you air out the infected area.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-25-2021, 07:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Pickled garlic.  My wife has a friend who makes pickled garlic.  This friend apparently dropped off a whole jar of it the other day, and my wife has been eating the stuff, and it stinks up the whole house.

I had a friend who worked where I used to work, and his wife cooked him dinners that were apparently full of garlic, because I could tell where he had been in the office as much as an hour later.  You could track the guy all over the office by the garlic smell.  

Garlic is great in moderation, but if you eat garlic by itself, a nasty garlic odor oozes out of your skin and the air can stink for hours unless you air out the infected area.

same happened for me when I tried collard greens.

I have done the EPA a favor and abstained from consumption since that one time.

People that go out to eat or shop in their pajamas.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-02-2021, 08:04 AM)RicoTx Wrote: People that go out to eat or shop in their pajamas.

Then just stay away from Walmart.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(10-02-2021, 08:06 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 08:04 AM)RicoTx Wrote: People that go out to eat or shop in their pajamas.

Then just stay away from Walmart.

Well, I'm actually sitting in my favorite breakfast joint right now and there's a couple with their pajamas on...which is what triggered the post.  

So I'd say you are not 100% correct.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-02-2021, 08:09 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 08:06 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Then just stay away from Walmart.

Well, I'm actually sitting in my favorite breakfast joint right now and there's a couple with their pajamas on...which is what triggered the post.  

I'm about to board a plane in Utah and there are a few passengers at the gate who went all the way there 
opting for comfort over fashion or etiquette here. 
I can't imagine heading out in public like that. 
The whole FL beach style- baggies, t-shirt, flip-flop sandals thing is as casual as i can muster, but i never wear that to the airport.  And PJs to the breakfast joint is just weird.

It's shocking to see what people will wear on an airplane. I once flew on the same plane as a body builder wearing a muscle shirt (of course) flip flops and a pair of gym shorts that have no pockets. I know this because I have a pair just like them. To top it off, he was carrying the trophy he won at a competition. Luckily his bimbo-looking girlfriend had a purse to carry the important stuff.

My pajamas consist of basketball shorts and a sleeveless shirt. I don’t even check my mail wearing them.

(10-02-2021, 08:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 08:09 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, I'm actually sitting in my favorite breakfast joint right now and there's a couple with their pajamas on...which is what triggered the post.  

I'm about to board a plane in Utah and there are a few passengers at the gate who went all the way there 
The whole FL beach style- baggies, t-shirt, flip-flop sandals thing is as casual as i can muster, but i never wear that to the airport.  And PJs to the breakfast joint is just weird.
I personally have no objection to a woman sitting next to me on a plane wearing pajamas. 

[Image: victorias-secret-iconic-pink-metallic-st...25192.jpeg]

(10-02-2021, 08:09 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 08:06 AM)Sneakers Wrote: Then just stay away from Walmart.

Makes you wonder if they go home and get back into bed with the pj’s they’ve been wearing around town all day. Sick

(10-02-2021, 08:09 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, I'm actually sitting in my favorite breakfast joint right now and there's a couple with their pajamas on...which is what triggered the post.  

There are ways to dress comfortably in public without looking like you’re at a sleepover or the beach. People just don’t even attempt to put in an effort anymore.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I don't wear pajamas or anything else when I go to bed.  I prefer everything be "free" while I sleep.  The only time that I wear "pajamas" (sweat pants and t-shirt) is when I get out of the shower and am in the family room watching some television.

I have seen people in stores wearing pajamas and wonder if they realize how ridiculous they look.  There was a younger fat girl in the grocery store a couple of weeks ago wearing pajamas tucked into her "cowboy boots".  I couldn't believe that someone would go out in public looking like that.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Waiting on other people in order to get a simple task done. A simple task that holds up everything else I need to get done.

Speaking of outfit-related pet peeves, as a healthcare professional mine has to be individuals wearing their scrubs out and about at restaurants, shopping, etc even if they are very comfortable.

The last thing you want is to harbor and spread those germs/fluids/biowaste everywhere, not only for yourself, but more so for the other people around them... Disgusts me.

There's your first problem.

People who dont like vegemite ?

Man I hate working on electrical. 

Amps, volts ohms - It's like a dark art.

(10-09-2021, 03:45 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Man I hate working on electrical. 

It’s pure math.

Voltage = current x resistance 
Current = voltage ÷ resistance 
Resistance = voltage ÷ current

Lightbulb 

If you feel a sudden pulsating in your arm, let go of the wire.  Maybe even turn off the breaker before grabbing the black or red one.

(10-09-2021, 06:30 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

If you feel a sudden pulsating in your arm, let go of the wire.  Maybe even turn off the breaker before grabbing the black or red one.

220 man. Gonna be a helluva pulse.

(10-09-2021, 04:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

It’s pure math.

Voltage = current x resistance 
Current = voltage ÷ resistance 
Resistance = voltage ÷ current

Well now that I know that!  Cry

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 07:30 PM by Jags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(10-09-2021, 06:30 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

There’s one minor problem, electricity will make muscles clench.  So you won’t be able to let go.  

SF, here my advice.  HB is right. Not really sure if I’ve ever seen him wrong though.  So there is much continuity there.   Ohm just going to let him handle this for Watt-ever it’s worth.  I say shut the breakers off and amp up the fun.  Maybe play some AC/DC on your phone. Maybe their “High Voltage” album with the classic song “live Wire” and the title track, of course.  

Seriously, what ever could possibly go wrong???

That being said, I’m a nerd in many aspects.  Electronics, electricity make the list along with home automation.  So, I have had my fair share of “let’s flip the breaker and hope the house don’t burn down”

I’m still here!!! Whether you like it or not. I encourage you to not only not take my advice, but also do t say “hey, it worked for that whack job@.  

RTFM.