Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Not really paying attention to the numbers but I heard on radio that Florida has the lowest numbers in the country. Is this true?

Also, what is the pitch to stick this thing in the arms of 5 year olds?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-25-2021, 09:29 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not really paying attention to the numbers but I heard on radio that Florida has the lowest numbers in the country. Is this true?

Also, what is the pitch to stick this thing in the arms of 5 year olds?

It should be, we've passed the Delta spike while other parts of the Country are either in it or approaching it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-25-2021, 02:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My son tells me a friend of his who is 40ish is suffering a serious heart ailment as a result of long haul COVID. He’s always been healthy until contracting COVID a few months ago and has been in steady decline since.

When is the world going to make China pay for unleashing this evil?

This is what we should be angry about. The fact that not. one. damn. thing. is being done about it is appalling. China has literally murdered an unknown number of people around the world and not one single leader will do anything about it.

(10-25-2021, 09:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 08:56 PM)p_rushing Wrote: I don't care and it's none of my business. If my doctor wants to share and I ask about it, great but otherwise it is no one's business. Vaccines are supposed to protect yourself, not others. Now we have to put up with do it to protect others.

What others are we protecting? They are forcing the vaccine on everyone, give no medical exemptions even for immune compromised people and pregnant women, so who is left to protect? Everyone has made their choice, there is no one left to "protect".

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

No they aren't, quit posting such drivel.
I'm sorry you don't trust the science, CDC, NHI, etc who all had to change the definition this year to fit the non-vaccine as vaccines all used to protect the person with the vaccine and not the people who chose not to get it.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(10-25-2021, 10:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 02:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My son tells me a friend of his who is 40ish is suffering a serious heart ailment as a result of long haul COVID. He’s always been healthy until contracting COVID a few months ago and has been in steady decline since.

When is the world going to make China pay for unleashing this evil?

This is what we should be angry about. The fact that not. one. damn. thing. is being done about it is appalling. China has literally murdered an unknown number of people around the world and not one single leader will do anything about it.

Except that the virus came from Maine lobsters.

(10-25-2021, 11:09 PM)captivating Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 10:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This is what we should be angry about. The fact that not. one. damn. thing. is being done about it is appalling. China has literally murdered an unknown number of people around the world and not one single leader will do anything about it.

Except that the virus came from Maine lobsters.

Ate lobsters in Maine and no one got it. Even touched lobsters straight from the traps.

(10-25-2021, 08:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 08:37 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Sure. Most uninformed people would want that.

Lol.

What's there to laugh about? That vaccine isn't stopping the spread of Coronavirus. This isn't even debatable. 

If you were being honest with yourself, you'd admit that liability is the main reason hospitals are mandating the vaccine, but you seem to be blinded in this area. The only thing hospitals could really do to lower the spread of this thing is positive pressure rooms, but that costs money. I've said this before, but if the science were actually being taught about this virus, positive pressure rooms should be all the rage. A person could make a killing by coming up with a way to practically implement this in businesses or homes.

(10-26-2021, 05:27 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 08:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol.

What's there to laugh about? That vaccine isn't stopping the spread of Coronavirus. This isn't even debatable. 

If you were being honest with yourself, you'd admit that liability is the main reason hospitals are mandating the vaccine, but you seem to be blinded in this area. The only thing hospitals could really do to lower the spread of this thing is positive pressure rooms, but that costs money. I've said this before, but if the science were actually being taught about this virus, positive pressure rooms should be all the rage. A person could make a killing by coming up with a way to practically implement this in businesses or homes.

What's to laugh about is that you always think you have all the answers yet all of your answers are filtered through your cynicism. Sure a positive pressure room could help but we don't have a capacity of those and they do nothing to alleviate the need for care. Meanwhile, we have plenty of vaccines available that do alleviate that need for the overwhelming majority of people but folks are literally going to go to their graves refusing it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-25-2021, 11:02 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 09:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No they aren't, quit posting such drivel.
I'm sorry you don't trust the science, CDC, NHI, etc who all had to change the definition this year to fit the non-vaccine as vaccines all used to protect the person with the vaccine and not the people who chose not to get it.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

They changed the definition because the uninformed were attempting to prove the vaccine does not work by holding it to an imaginary standard of 100% immunity. I'm sorry you are so duped by these internet contrarians, you seem like a well-intentioned person who's been taken in by their big words and intellectual contortions. You should really be asking yourself why they are so vested in you not taking advantage of a simple and reasonable defense against what might quite literally be a biological WMD unleashed on the world by our strongest competitor. It's almost like they want you to propagate this pandemic and kill as many people as possible in the process. People are taking a chance with a deadly and contagious virus because they think that their government, corporations, and the Illuminati Elite are trying to kill them with a vaccine...it's just irrational how the skeptics and conspiracy theorists have taken control of so many people's thinking.

(10-25-2021, 09:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 08:56 PM)p_rushing Wrote: I don't care and it's none of my business. If my doctor wants to share and I ask about it, great but otherwise it is no one's business. Vaccines are supposed to protect yourself, not others. Now we have to put up with do it to protect others.

What others are we protecting? They are forcing the vaccine on everyone, give no medical exemptions even for immune compromised people and pregnant women, so who is left to protect? Everyone has made their choice, there is no one left to "protect".

No they aren't, quit posting such drivel.

Question because I am curious. Have you had a booster yet? How do people know if their vaccine is still fully effective? There could be people out there vaccinated 6 months ago who are vulnerable again, but may not know it, correct?

(10-26-2021, 09:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 09:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No they aren't, quit posting such drivel.

Question because I am curious. Have you had a booster yet? How do people know if their vaccine is still fully effective? There could be people out there vaccinated 6 months ago who are vulnerable again, but may not know it, correct?

Yes that is correct. And yes, I'm going to get the booster but have not yet. I had my initial Moderna vaccine doses back in January/February so I'm in the group that should be seeing the decline in efficacy, though the decline in Moderna has been shown to be less than the Pfizer rate of 6% a month after 6 months. So it seems that everyone who got the vaccine will see declining efficacy over time and should therefore consider a booster. Which incidentally, for the naysayers, is true of many common vaccines like Hep, MMR, and Varicella though we see far less teeth-gnashing over those protocols.

(10-26-2021, 10:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 09:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Question because I am curious. Have you had a booster yet? How do people know if their vaccine is still fully effective? There could be people out there vaccinated 6 months ago who are vulnerable again, but may not know it, correct?

Yes that is correct. And yes, I'm going to get the booster but have not yet. I had my initial Moderna vaccine doses back in January/February so I'm in the group that should be seeing the decline in efficacy, though the decline in Moderna has been shown to be less than the Pfizer rate of 6% a month after 6 months. So it seems that everyone who got the vaccine will see declining efficacy over time and should therefore consider a booster. Which incidentally, for the naysayers, is true of many common vaccines like Hep, MMR, and Varicella though we see far less teeth-gnashing over those protocols.

Gotcha.

The undermentioned vaccines also have more data. That may be the reason for less teeth-grinding.

(10-26-2021, 10:15 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 10:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes that is correct. And yes, I'm going to get the booster but have not yet. I had my initial Moderna vaccine doses back in January/February so I'm in the group that should be seeing the decline in efficacy, though the decline in Moderna has been shown to be less than the Pfizer rate of 6% a month after 6 months. So it seems that everyone who got the vaccine will see declining efficacy over time and should therefore consider a booster. Which incidentally, for the naysayers, is true of many common vaccines like Hep, MMR, and Varicella though we see far less teeth-gnashing over those protocols.

Gotcha.

The undermentioned vaccines also have more data. That may be the reason for less teeth-grinding.

Agreed, time and study will help that concern for most people though the segment that's hardcore will never be convinced. I really don't think anyone here is in that group, most are just unsure or anxious for all the reasons we've talked about.

(10-26-2021, 10:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 09:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Question because I am curious. Have you had a booster yet? How do people know if their vaccine is still fully effective? There could be people out there vaccinated 6 months ago who are vulnerable again, but may not know it, correct?

MMR is like a two dose shot in childhood...

Are you supposed to reup on your MMR every 6 months?

What is this constant every 6 month booster rewriting the coding in our cells, that our cells obviously fight against, going to do to people?

(10-26-2021, 12:03 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 10:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes that is correct. And yes, I'm going to get the booster but have not yet. I had my initial Moderna vaccine doses back in January/February so I'm in the group that should be seeing the decline in efficacy, though the decline in Moderna has been shown to be less than the Pfizer rate of 6% a month after 6 months. So it seems that everyone who got the vaccine will see declining efficacy over time and should therefore consider a booster. Which incidentally, for the naysayers, is true of many common vaccines like Hep, MMR, and Varicella though we see far less teeth-gnashing over those protocols.

MMR is like a two dose shot in childhood...

Are you supposed to reup on your MMR every 6 months?

What is this constant every 6 month booster rewriting the coding in our cells, that our cells obviously fight against, going to do to people?

Each vaccine has a booster schedule unique to that vaccine, MMR is one that is indicated for specific subsets of the population, but even then it's at most one additional dose. The current Covid vaccines do not rewrite the code in the cells, but what they do is protect people from being hospitalized or dying of Covid in the vast, overwhelming majority of cases.

I wonder if these are the same scientists making COVID recommendations.

Scientists say this map represents the US in 30 years if we don’t reverse climate change. https://t.co/AVvERr4Y4a

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2021, 03:03 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

U.S. health advisers are deliberating whether kid-size doses of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine are safe and effective in young children. The FDA panel meeting is the first step toward expanding vaccinations to children ages 5-11 in the U.S. https://t.co/2Ms7LFYdwI

The word deliberating doesn't sound very scientific.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2021, 03:29 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-26-2021, 08:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 05:27 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What's there to laugh about? That vaccine isn't stopping the spread of Coronavirus. This isn't even debatable. 

What's to laugh about is that you always think you have all the answers yet all of your answers are filtered through your cynicism. Sure a positive pressure room could help but we don't have a capacity of those and they do nothing to alleviate the need for care. Meanwhile, we have plenty of vaccines available that do alleviate that need for the overwhelming majority of people but folks are literally going to go to their graves refusing it.

Dude, I am not generally cynical, but when I see a system that fires people for not taking a novel vaccine with no longterm research, yes, it makes me cynical. When I see scientific dissent being quashed, it makes me cynical. When I see scientists resigning from their posts because the CDC isn't even listening to their recommendations, it makes me cynical. When I see policies being made that have no data to support them, it makes me cynical. When I see standards that are not being applied equally, guess what.... it makes me cynical. 

I have asked you at least a half-dozen questions, maybe more, that you can't answer. You're a professional, and you either avoid or can't answer basic questions about policy. Even now, you completely sidestep the FACT that mandating this vaccine does not prevent the spread of the virus. You are going to get minimal impact as it pertains to your patients. You can't even acknowledge that your doing this primarily for liability reasons, and you know what? That also makes me cynical. Keep laughing, though.

Well, the "science" is probably much clearer now that two of their members resigned due to power struggles with the Biden administration.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2021, 03:35 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-26-2021, 03:28 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well, the "science" is probably much clearer now that two of their members resigned due to power struggles with the Biden administration.

Our elementary school announced today masks being optonal starting 11/1. Masks were only required indoors up to this point. This decision was based on data and facts and it is interesting to see this coincide with vaccinations being available to 5-11 year olds. I can't imagine forcing this on my child and being able to sleep at night.

Blue states will mandate this next year. It is going to be a total [BLEEP] show.