Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(11-25-2021, 12:27 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: And it hasn't changed at all in 30 years? Why do you do this?

Because I enjoy it and I have a part in making sick people better.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-25-2021, 06:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Young people? The timing is impeccable.

A new coronavirus variant has been detected in South Africa that scientists say is a concern because of its high number of mutations and rapid spread among young people. https://t.co/QbudBVU7ak
What could have caused that?

Let me guess, only the countries in Africa suffering from it also have a higher rate of vaccinated. While the others that don't and use ivermectin and similar drugs like candy because of the poor conditions don't have the problem.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Fully vaccinated Bryan Adams tests positive for second time
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(11-25-2021, 10:49 PM)Ronster Wrote: Fully vaccinated Bryan Adams tests positive for second time

Cuts like a knife.

(11-25-2021, 10:49 PM)Ronster Wrote: Fully vaccinated Bryan Adams tests positive for second time
What does the CDC have no record of happening to a naturally imuine person?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021, 11:11 PM by Lucky2Last.)

(11-25-2021, 06:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Young people?  The timing is impeccable.

A new coronavirus variant has been detected in South Africa that scientists say is a concern because of its high number of mutations and rapid spread among young people. https://t.co/QbudBVU7ak

The same thing happened with the Spanish Flu. The first wave didn't affect the young. The second wave decimated the young. They are many viruses that use the strength of the immune system against itself, so it's not unlikely that people with better immune systems can actually get sicker.

(11-25-2021, 07:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 12:27 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: And it hasn't changed at all in 30 years? Why do you do this?

Because I enjoy it and I have a part in making sick people better.

Nice deflection. I mean, why do you ignore the point that was made. Insurance did not have the same influence on medicine 30 years ago that it does today. You know that.

From that article:

Quote:“This new variant has many, many more mutations," including more than 30 to the spike protein that affects transmissibility, he said. "We can see that the variant is potentially spreading very fast. We do expect to start seeing pressure in the healthcare system in the next few days and weeks.”

This could be a real test for the vaccine, that is of course, if this virus becomes a predominant strain.

Ramping up the play to keep mail in voting in place so the cheaters can steal more elections in November I see.

(11-26-2021, 10:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ramping up the play to keep mail in voting in place so the cheaters can steal more elections in November I see.

Exactly, they’ve grown addicted to the power it’s given them. MUST KEEP EVERYBODY SICK AND AFRAID!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(11-25-2021, 11:07 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 06:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Young people?  The timing is impeccable.

The same thing happened with the Spanish Flu. The first wave didn't affect the young. The second wave decimated the young. They are many viruses that use the strength of the immune system against itself, so it's not unlikely that people with better immune systems can actually get sicker.

(11-25-2021, 07:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Because I enjoy it and I have a part in making sick people better.

Nice deflection. I mean, why do you ignore the point that was made. Insurance did not have the same influence on medicine 30 years ago that it does today. You know that.

From that article:

Quote:“This new variant has many, many more mutations," including more than 30 to the spike protein that affects transmissibility, he said. "We can see that the variant is potentially spreading very fast. We do expect to start seeing pressure in the healthcare system in the next few days and weeks.”

This could be a real test for the vaccine, that is of course, if this virus becomes a predominant strain.

I didn't ignore anything, you asked why I do what I do. Does everything have to be an argument with you? And are you familiar with the HMO, Capitation, and Value based reimbursement models? Yeah, 30 years ago they had similar control though the lack of technology made it more difficult to administer. The more the tech advances the more control they will have, it is inevitable.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-25-2021, 11:07 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: This could be a real test for the vaccine, that is of course, if this virus becomes a predominant strain.

Already failed. All 4 people with it were vaccinated.

Pfizer is reviewing it and will determine in 2 weeks that they need to adjust the vaccine. That will take 90 days or so and then you won't be vaccinated unless you get this new formula. Lots more money for them.

Now we have a vaccine subscription plan.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I'm just going to leave this here. 

Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSBP) is a mental health problem in which a caregiver makes up or causes an illness or injury in a person under his or her care, such as a child, an elderly adult, or a person who has a disability. Because vulnerable people are the victims, MSBP is a form of child abuse or elder abuse.

Sounds like a government we know. We all know Covid is real and can be very serious, especially those of us who have had it or have been otherwise affected, but the media and our government sure do like to fan the flames of fear instead of trying to educate folks on how to manage this "new normal". 

The media would do it every year at the start of flu season sounding the warning about how bad it's going to be and we all need to get the flu shot right now. Now it's every few months they're winding up the Covid air raid siren, now with the help of our government, and freaking people out when they could and should be educating them. 

They are abusing us and we are letting them. Shame. On. Us.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2021, 03:57 PM by Lucky2Last.)

(11-26-2021, 02:02 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 11:07 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: This could be a real test for the vaccine, that is of course, if this virus becomes a predominant strain.

Already failed. All 4 people with it were vaccinated.

Pfizer is reviewing it and will determine in 2 weeks that they need to adjust the vaccine. That will take 90 days or so and then you won't be vaccinated unless you get this new formula. Lots more money for them.

This could be the ADE I was warning about months ago. I hope that's not true. I've been avoiding learning about this new strain.

(11-26-2021, 11:03 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 11:07 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The same thing happened with the Spanish Flu. The first wave didn't affect the young. The second wave decimated the young. They are many viruses that use the strength of the immune system against itself, so it's not unlikely that people with better immune systems can actually get sicker.

From that article:

I didn't ignore anything, you asked why I do what I do. Does everything have to be an argument with you? And are you familiar with the HMO, Capitation, and Value based reimbursement models? Yeah, 30 years ago they had similar control though the lack of technology made it more difficult to administer. The more the tech advances the more control they will have, it is inevitable.

Everything isn't an argument. But when I asked why you do this, I wasn't talking about your career choice. Insurance didn't have the same hold because, yes, technology was different, but also because doctors functioned more independently. It's not just the technology that changed, but the corporate growth.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2021, 07:43 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: Screenshot-20211126-183803-Twitter.jpg]

Don't ever take these people seriously.

(11-26-2021, 03:55 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 02:02 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Already failed. All 4 people with it were vaccinated.

This could be the ADE I was warning about months ago. I hope that's not true. I've been avoiding learning about this new strain.

(11-26-2021, 11:03 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I didn't ignore anything, you asked why I do what I do. Does everything have to be an argument with you? And are you familiar with the HMO, Capitation, and Value based reimbursement models? Yeah, 30 years ago they had similar control though the lack of technology made it more difficult to administer. The more the tech advances the more control they will have, it is inevitable.

Everything isn't an argument. But when I asked why you do this, I wasn't talking about your career choice. Insurance didn't have the same hold because, yes, technology was different, but also because doctors functioned more independently. It's not just the technology that changed, but the corporate growth.

You don't seem to understand that physician group growth is driven by the need for bargaining power against insurance companies.

Anyone wanna know why there is vaccine hesitancy, exhibit 1 is your piece of [BLEEP] geriatric dimentia ridden commander in chief.

(11-26-2021, 07:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Anyone wanna know why there is vaccine hesitancy, exhibit 1 is your piece of [BLEEP] geriatric dimentia ridden commander in chief.

What did he do now?

(11-26-2021, 07:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 03:55 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: This could be the ADE I was warning about months ago. I hope that's not true. I've been avoiding learning about this new strain.

You don't seem to understand that physician group growth is driven by the need for bargaining power against insurance companies.

Chicken or the egg, bro. I'm pointing out the problem and your argument is the problem has always been there. I'm pointing out that it's made the problem worse, and your argument is the problem has always been there. I shouldn't have to spell out for you that my comment is directed at institutions that are breaking the resourcefulness of healthcare practitioners. It's becoming more and more clear that you're an administrator.

(11-27-2021, 12:15 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 07:45 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You don't seem to understand that physician group growth is driven by the need for bargaining power against insurance companies.

Chicken or the egg, bro. I'm pointing out the problem and your argument is the problem has always been there. I'm pointing out that it's made the problem worse, and your argument is the problem has always been there. I shouldn't have to spell out for you that my comment is directed at institutions that are breaking the resourcefulness of healthcare practitioners. It's becoming more and more clear that you're an administrator.

Or just that you don't know what you're talking about.

What's there to know? I don't know A doctor who doesn't think the insurance system is broken. Not one. In fact, you might be the only administrator I know that thinks it's working as intended.

(11-27-2021, 01:45 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What's there to know? I don't know A doctor who doesn't think the insurance system is broken. Not one. In fact, you might be the only administrator I know that thinks it's working as intended.

See? You think of it as something binary when it's not. The view of American health care depends on your perspective, and I agree with you about what doctors think. I despise insurance companies but recognize that of the four parties involved in health care they are only the second most powerful. It's not broken for them, it works as they want it to. For me as a health care provider it's rigged against me. For me as a patient it works but it's expensive. For me as a tax payer it's typical government, ie bloated, wasteful, and easily defrauded.