Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 12 - Falcons @ Jags ***

(11-28-2021, 05:19 PM)Section105Fan Wrote: Fournette is tearing it up with TB. 4 td’s today. Ramsey playing at all-pro level for L.A. I could go on and on with former Jags who have gone on to stardom elsewhere. Why is that?

Because this owner sucks and makes bad decisions. What do you want? Competency? You better find another team because this franchise is run very poorly. Pathetic and sad.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fournette was a headcase when he was here. Maybe the guy just needed a change of scenery. Plus playing with Tom Brady can revive anyone's career.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 05:57 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-28-2021, 05:08 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 04:58 PM)jagman Wrote: Trevor, is he as good as we thought he would be?
Thats a big no way.  Comparing him to Andrew Luck now is laughable.  You put Andrew Luck on this same team and we win atleast 6 games to this point.  Lawerence is over rated.  He could improve his game because he has the tools but time will tell if he will.
lmao... You're high.... drinking too much of Grandpa's pooch huh

(11-28-2021, 05:09 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 05:07 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: dude he got drafted to literally the worst team in the league.... he has no wide receivers.... and consistently playing from behind.... Trevor will be fine...

You mean just like Joe Burrow or Justin Herbert?

and how did Joe burrow and Justin Herbert do their first year...

(11-28-2021, 05:17 PM)Newton Wrote: No need to fight amongst ourselves. We are all disappointed in the way the year has gone. We

no some of these so-called fans are just trolls... I would not agree that we are all fans some of these guys are on here to complain no matter what

(11-28-2021, 05:38 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Fournette was a headcase when he was here.  Maybe the guy just needed a change of scenery.  Plus playing with Tom Brady can revive anyone's career.

Fournette always played hard while he was here and was just as productive.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 06:02 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-28-2021, 05:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Fournette killing it for the Bucs. Another player who left here to shine.

maybe you forgot how Fournette left... he gave up on the team... The minute his primadonna [BLEEP] started to lose he gave up on the team... sitting at home eating waffles while he should have been practicing.... put that shmuck on it losing team and guarantee he'll refuse to play again... and you want that kind of player on your team yeah no thanks

(11-28-2021, 05:57 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 05:38 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Fournette was a headcase when he was here.  Maybe the guy just needed a change of scenery.  Plus playing with Tom Brady can revive anyone's career.

Fournette always played hard while he was here and was just as productive.
You must have a short-term memory... he gave up on the team.... remember a comment towards the end...him saying that he stayed home eating waffles when he should have been practicing... The minute we started losing his attitude and productivity was gone... he was just as productive go rewatch the last season before he left he couldn't make a third in one.... how many times he got stuffed at the goal line....

(11-28-2021, 05:23 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Look at burrow with chase and tua with waddle today. Enough said.

really this is burrows first season.... this is tua's first season.... we're talking about rookie starters..... try again... enough said...

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 06:08 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-28-2021, 06:00 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 05:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Fournette killing it for the Bucs. Another player who left here to shine.

maybe you forgot how Fournette left... he gave up on the team... The minute his primadonna [BLEEP] started to lose he gave up on the team... sitting at home eating waffles while he should have been practicing.... put that shmuck on it losing team and guarantee he'll refuse to play again... and you want that kind of player on your team yeah no thanks

(11-28-2021, 05:57 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Fournette always played hard while he was here and was just as productive.
You must have a short-term memory... he gave up on the team.... remember a comment towards the end...him saying that he stayed home eating waffles when he should have been practicing... The minute we started losing his attitude and productivity was gone... he was just as productive go rewatch the last season before he left he couldn't make a third in one.... how many times he got stuffed at the goal line.... so what if he put stupid stuff on Twitter. He played hard while he was on the field on a crap offense 

He played well on the field. Some people here said he cant pick holes, and he lost his speed. All i ever saw was a guy who runs hard and catches the ball a lot out of the back field. He just needed a QB so that he didn't have 8 men in the box all the time.

(11-28-2021, 05:09 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 04:59 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Like you could do better

Lawrence is throwing good passes but its the rest of the offense that is in shambles

Blind much?   Throwing balls 5 feet behind receivers or over their head is not good passes.

(11-28-2021, 05:00 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: We’ve heard you oh I don’t know the first 800 times. Your “hot” take is still wrong

Prove it

(11-28-2021, 05:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Then you have something in common with the offense and Trevor.

So does your mom
Hahahaha

Do your parents know you’re on the Internet?

Tough game. Happy to see more running plays with Lawrence though. Kept some drives alive. Hurt seeing Arnold go down early. Sadly at the same time O'Shaughnessy is back. Hopefully Arnold's injury isn't severe and we can see them on the field together in December.

Robinson being involved in the passing game is awesome as well. Bevell needs to keep this going for the rest of the year. Shenault disappeared in the 2nd half for some reason though. Need to get Treadwell more reps with Lawrence this week.

Defensively it was up and down. You have to get off the field on 3rd downs. The penalties again are killing drives that are promising at the worst of times on offense as well. Taylor in particular botched a great drive between the False Start, Hold and giving up pressure.

This team just can't seem to rise to the challenge. It's clearly lacking speed on offense and playmakers on defense. Chop it up to injuries. Chop it up to lack of talent on top of it all. Just not a good way to set up Lawrence for success.

They have to find players in FA next year and this draft coming up will be the make or break of Baalke and Meyer's era IMHO. I think Khan will stomach this one more year but it all hinges on whether or not they add viable options around Lawrence.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 06:10 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-28-2021, 06:05 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 05:23 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Look at burrow with chase and tua with waddle today. Enough said.

really this is burrows first season.... this is tua's first season.... we're talking about rookie starters..... try again... enough said...

I meant they both have great rookie wr that they played with in college. You misunderstood me fool. Lawrence needs his star go to wr too

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 06:25 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I’m tired of hearing nejagsfan tell people to root for another team.  I think he should go root for a different team.  A winning team.  That way all of his optimism will make sense.

(11-28-2021, 05:02 PM)High Octane Wrote: We now are the owners of the #2 pick of the draft.

Thibs or Hutchinson can be ours if we want.

Edit: before the games, Jaguars had 3rd pick and Texans had 4th.

Both teams lose, but Texans moved ahead and currently have the 2nd pick.

Yes, the Jaguars are now tied with Houston with the second worst record in the NFL.  The tie breaker is strength of schedule which will be close since both teams are in the same division and mostly play the same schedule.  It's Cleveland/LA Chargers/Carolina for Houston versus Cincinnati/Denver/Atlanta for Jacksonville.  Of course, the Jaguars-Texans game on December 19th could easily make the tie-breaker a moot point.  In regards to Detroit, we would need them to win two games for us to get ahead of them.  It's sad that I'm looking at this, but it's all I got as a Jaguars fan.

(11-28-2021, 06:28 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 05:02 PM)High Octane Wrote: We now are the owners of the #2 pick of the draft.

Thibs or Hutchinson can be ours if we want.

Edit: before the games, Jaguars had 3rd pick and Texans had 4th.

Both teams lose, but Texans moved ahead and currently have the 2nd pick.

Yes, the Jaguars are now tied with Houston with the second worst record in the NFL.  The tie breaker is strength of schedule which will be close since both teams are in the same division and mostly play the same schedule.  It's Cleveland/LA Chargers/Carolina for Houston versus Cincinnati/Denver/Atlanta for Jacksonville.  Of course, the Jaguars-Texans game on December 19th could easily make the tie-breaker a moot point.  In regards to Detroit, we would need them to win two games for us to get ahead of them.  It's sad that I'm looking at this, but it's all I got as a Jaguars fan.
Same. It's just something we're all used to by now. I really hope they land Hutchinson or Jordan in the first round and then primarily focus on offense in RD2 and RD3. They have to get this kid some speed and players with a crazy catch radius to remotely even think about moving the needle in 2022.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

James Robinson is every bit the player that Leonard Fournette is IMO.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(11-28-2021, 06:09 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 06:05 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: really this is burrows first season.... this is tua's first season.... we're talking about rookie starters..... try again... enough said...

I meant they both have great rookie wr that they played with in college. You misunderstood me fool. Lawrence needs his star go to wr too

You said Trevor sucks...he doesn't have any wide receivers... and by the way tua totally sucks what he had one good game today... fool

(11-28-2021, 06:45 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: James Robinson is every bit the player that Leonard Fournette is IMO.
Mehhh. Yes and No. Robinson doesn't have the straight line speed IMHO that Fournette has.

To be perfectly fair though....

Robinson also doesn't have Tom Brady, Mike Evans, Rob Gronkowski, Chris Godwin and Antonio Brown to take the pressure off of him.

Robinson would thrive anywhere else. Put him in New England, Kansas City, Buffalo or Green Bay and he's probably capable of being a Thurman Thomas type of player.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 06:55 PM by Jag88. Edited 2 times in total.)

(11-28-2021, 06:46 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 06:09 PM)Jag88 Wrote: I meant they both have great rookie wr that they played with in college. You misunderstood me fool. Lawrence needs his star go to wr too

You said Trevor sucks...he doesn't have any wide receivers... and by the way tua totally sucks what he had one good game today... fool

I never said that you big fool. WRONG. T-law is the real deal. Hes not playing well because of our offense not inspite of it

(11-28-2021, 06:24 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m tired of hearing nejagsfan tell people to root for another team.  I think he should go root for a different team.  A winning team.  That way all of his optimism will make sense.

well if you're tired of it don't say stupid things like I'm going to watch other teams that are winning... or this team is way better....and no I'm not going to go root for another team... I actually like this team....I can actually find some positives... I watch them every Sunday regardless...I don't turn off the TV because they're losing.... I try to point out the positives while not focusing on all the negatives constantly....I don't [BLEEP] and cry constantly some do.... so no if you're going to cry constantly and comment on how other teams are sooooo much better.... then gtfo.... see ya and don't let the door hit you on your way out

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 07:14 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-28-2021, 05:06 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 05:04 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: Tell me you don't know anything about football without saying you don't know anything about football.... look at some of the greatest quarterbacks and look at their rookie year....

So you're saying it's the coaches fault?

no... #1 draft picks usually go to crappy teams... it's not always the coaches fault

(11-28-2021, 06:53 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 06:46 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: You said Trevor sucks...he doesn't have any wide receivers... and by the way tua totally sucks what he had one good game today... fool

I never said that you big fool.  WRONG. T-law is the real deal. Hes not playing well because of our offense not inspite of it

sorry Got you confused with somebody else

(11-28-2021, 06:58 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 06:24 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m tired of hearing nejagsfan tell people to root for another team.  I think he should go root for a different team.  A winning team.  That way all of his optimism will make sense.

well if you're tired of it don't say stupid things like I'm going to watch other teams that are winning... or this team is way better....and no I'm not going to go root for another team... I actually like this team....I can actually find some positives... I watch them every Sunday regardless...I don't turn off the TV because they're losing.... I try to point out the positives while not focusing on all the negatives constantly....I don't [BLEEP] and cry constantly some do.... so no if you're going to cry constantly and comment on how other teams are sooooo much better.... then gtfo.... see ya and don't let the door hit you on your way out
Do me a favor big guy, go back in this thread and other game day threads.  Show me a post of mine aside from the one you’re quoting. Nonetheless, a post of me saying any of those things.  So go [BLEEP] yourself.