Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban Meyer to Notre Dame as HC?

"You guys gonna be okay?"

[Image: AQMA244EXVFNNK342RD7Q7VKSE.jpg?_a=ATABlAA0]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He denied it straight up on a conference call with the rams.

Sigh

Just give up. Some of You all might be better off not wishing for something that might never happen for years.

Go jags!

(11-30-2021, 04:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Why would he leave? He doesn't have to do anything here, isn't accountable for anything, and gets to be his own boss. Then if (when) he's fired he gets paid his full contract, so why would he volunteer to give all that up?

Khaaaaaaannnnnnnn

Nice job. Are we sure he ran a successful bumper company?

(11-30-2021, 06:45 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Just give up. 

Summed up the nature of Jag fandom in three words.

It's perfect.

The ND job is filled. Dang it man.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 02:02 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-01-2021, 09:22 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 06:45 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Just give up. 

Summed up the nature of Jag fandom in three words.

It's perfect.

Haha. Dont give up on the jags. Just give up on some fantasy about some mystical head coach who is as good as the one in new England yet wants to coach the jags. Sorry. Not sorry. Got what we got, and need to make it work. 

Let's go jags!

(12-02-2021, 12:48 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 09:22 AM)Mikey Wrote: Summed up the nature of Jag fandom in three words.

It's perfect.

Haha. Dont give up on the jags. Just give up on some fantasy about some mystical head coach who is as good as the one in new England yet wants to coach the jags. Sorry. Not sorry. Got what we got, and need to make it work. 

Let's go jags!

Man I have been trying to make it work for 12 years now with Kahn. My strongly worded letters to the organization haven't worked yet. I mean what next should I up my post count?

We are all voluntary hostages to this incompetent franchise.

(12-01-2021, 09:22 AM)Mikey Wrote: Summed up the nature of Jag fandom in three words.

It's perfect.

Let's go jags!

LOL!!!  I'd accept adequate at this point.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

It's perfect.

Let's go jags!

Allow me to introduce you to optimistic pessimism - look forward to the worst happening, that way you are always satisfied with the outcome.

I promise you I had no fantasies about Urbz being the cure to this franchise's ills.

It's perfect.

Let's go jags!

No one is asking for Belichick or his equal. 

We're looking for someone who just knows his [BLEEP] from a hole in the ground at this point.

I guess this means getting someone as good as Gus Bradley was out of the question.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-21-2021, 05:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Bill Belichek and Vince Lombardi couldn’t do any better with this roster. Relax

Meyer basically gets a pass this year and probably next.

Urban wouldnt be able to coach a pop warner team. He looks so lost on the sideline. Other HCs seem to always be involved with the game as urbs stares into space.

Urban may be finding out this thing is in worse shape than he imagined

I honestly think that the Jags are this way is because for a while now the Ownership has not held anyone accountable. I would be frikin livid and maybe already had a heart attack 5 years ago if I owned this sorry excuse for a team.

But, Its probably like the Post Office or the DMV up in the Jags front office, where as long as everyone shows up, they get paid and there’s no overall sense of urgency: from the coaches, to the players, to the janitors

So then why is he in the game and getting the ball down 30 points, with 2 minutes left, at our own 1, if it's because he's "battling an injury"?????????
https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...4691996684

(12-05-2021, 09:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So then why is he in the game and getting the ball down 30 points, with 2 minutes left, at our own 1, if it's because he's "battling an injury"?????????
https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...4691996684

Here's the transcript from that line of questioning, it's as confusing and nonsensical as you'd expect.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...1660430336

Meyer not used to talking to the media after losing week-after-week

(12-05-2021, 08:25 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Urban may be finding out this thing is in worse shape than he imagined

I honestly think that the Jags are this way is because for a while now the Ownership has not held anyone accountable. I would be frikin livid and maybe already had a heart attack 5 years ago if I owned this sorry excuse for a team.

But, Its probably like the Post Office or the DMV up in the Jags front office, where as long as everyone shows up, they get paid and there’s no overall sense of urgency: from the coaches, to the players, to the janitors

IMO it's this way because Shad Khan is a terrible owner and has refused to CLEAN HOUSE at any point in his tenure. There has always been some form of layover from the previous staff to the next and that didn't change with Baalke staying behind to play puppet GM. I am convinced this team will never be a consistent winner under this current ownership because the guy at the top is clueless when it comes to football.

(12-05-2021, 10:00 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 08:25 PM)jaglyn Wrote: Urban may be finding out this thing is in worse shape than he imagined

IMO it's this way because Shad Khan is a terrible owner and has refused to CLEAN HOUSE at any point in his tenure. There has always been some form of layover from the previous staff to the next and that didn't change with Baalke staying behind to play puppet GM. I am convinced this team will never be a consistent winner under this current ownership because the guy at the top is clueless when it comes to football.
He is not clueless, he just doesn't care....