Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

(12-05-2021, 08:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 07:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Another stinker from Lawrence today against the rams. His accuracy is a major concern at this point. Jags may want to think of getting a plan B this  offseason.  I am not sold on Lawrence.

I'm struggling to find the person who asked

at least he didn't see the need to start another thread to state the shortsighted. I don't think anyone expected us to look competent against the Roms, considering we couldn't do so against a crap team like the Failcons.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-06-2021, 01:16 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I'm a realist and don't live in lala land like some of you. Instead of blindly believing Lawrence is the franchise its healthy to take a solid look and think he may not be. 

Some of the ones who argue against me are some of the same ones who believd in Gene Smith, Dave Caldwell, and about every other loser who helped make this team what it is. I will stick with the board d bags as you label them.

I don't get pleasure of Lawrence playing bad but facts are facts. He is probably the worst starting Qb in the NFL. It's time to start acknowledging that.

Yes I am smarter than most on this board. My track record of being ahead of the curb proves that.

I help drive this board. Yes I make alot of threads but the board is dead. Outside of me there are only a few threads a week.  You are welcome for that.

You're a contrarian who decided two weeks into the season to call "First!" and criticize the rookie. Now, the only thing you care to focus on are the reports, stats, and posts that support your allegation so you can keep patting your back about how much of a visionary you think yourself to be.

I don't think anyone is blindly believing that TLaw is the next Manning, Elway, Bradshaw or whatever name you want to roll out here. But, for the frigging sake of our franchise we have to hope that the project is reclaimable. For that very same reason fans of the franchise have hoped that Gene was onto something when searching the lower ranks for talent, that Dave's penchant to draft need over talent early, Gus's rah-rah locker room, Coughlin's iron fist would be the thing that gets us back to winning ways. It's the same reason why we look forward to Etienne's recovery, to Little, Cisco, and others getting on the field - we hope that the picks bring a return that gives us cause to celebrate. In the short term, it's been ugly, but practically every level-headed fan knew this wasn't going to be overnight success once R1 P1 was announced. There's a huge difference between a hope for what is to come over an immediate dismissal of any criticism.

If you think that's what's happening here, you are fooling yourself. TLaw has looked bad. The offense has looked bad. The Head Coach has looked bad. The darft has looked bad. Our offseason looked bad. Now if the other things were looking up, and only the QB looked bad, folks around here might actually believe that you are on to something. I'm going to keep hoping that he's fixable, though, and as he goes, so goes the rest of those things.

Only the Jags can turn a kid hailed by many experts as a once-in-a-generation talent into a bust the first year.

Make any excuse you want but the bottom line is Lawrence sucks. Time will tell if he will get better but now he is trash.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 11:05 AM by SeldomRite. Edited 1 time in total.)

Lawrence: throws a pass that hits his TE on the left side of his chest as he's moving to the right. Receiver is looking at it the whole time and gets two hands on it, but doesn't make the catch. He's also draped by a defender the whole time. What a [BLEEP] job by Lawrence, pass should have been 8 inches to the receiver's right. Terrible accuracy.

Stafford: throws a pass to his receiver that the receiver needs to stop for and contort his body while reaching to his left to catch. Receiver makes the catch plus some extra yards. No Jaguars defender near him at the point of catch. What a great throw by Stafford! Excellent accuracy!

Huh

(12-06-2021, 11:04 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Lawrence: throws a pass that hits his TE on the left side of his chest as he's moving to the right. Receiver is looking at it the whole time and gets two hands on it, but doesn't make the catch. He's also draped by a defender the whole time. What a [BLEEP] job by Lawrence, pass should have been 8 inches to the receiver's right. Terrible accuracy.

Stafford: throws a pass to his receiver that the receiver needs to stop for and contort his body while reaching to his left to catch. Receiver makes the catch plus some extra yards. No Jaguars defender near him at the point of catch. What a great throw by Stafford! Excellent accuracy!

Huh

It’s ridiculous. It’s almost as if these trolls are rooting for Trevor to fail

(12-06-2021, 12:37 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Gardner Minshew was not better last season.  He did, however, have an experienced NFL coaching staff that knew how to design an offense.  Trevor has SO MUCH more talent than Minshew.  Anyone can see it.

The Jags WRs are worse.  The Jags running game is worse (mostly because they refuse to run Robinson...what the hell?).  The offensive line is the same, and it wasn't good.  What are you expecting him to show you?

Trevor definitely has more potential. That's why I really hope he'll start showing it at some point. Rookies will make mistakes but a franchise QB has got to start showing he's the guy at SOME point.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-06-2021, 11:16 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 12:37 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Gardner Minshew was not better last season.  He did, however, have an experienced NFL coaching staff that knew how to design an offense.  Trevor has SO MUCH more talent than Minshew.  Anyone can see it.

The Jags WRs are worse.  The Jags running game is worse (mostly because they refuse to run Robinson...what the hell?).  The offensive line is the same, and it wasn't good.  What are you expecting him to show you?

Trevor definitely has more potential. That's why I really hope he'll start showing it at some point. Rookies will make mistakes but a franchise QB has got to start showing he's the guy at SOME point.
You're not going to see what you want this season because 2021 is a lost cause.

(12-06-2021, 11:17 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 11:16 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Trevor definitely has more potential. That's why I really hope he'll start showing it at some point. Rookies will make mistakes but a franchise QB has got to start showing he's the guy at SOME point.
You're not going to see what you want this season because 2021 is a lost cause.

I see it in the flashes. He makes good pro-level throws when the offense isn’t breaking down for a drive or two. The potential and talent is there but I know he’s in such a bad situation it won’t show much and that we’re gonna have to wait.

(12-06-2021, 11:51 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 11:17 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: You're not going to see what you want this season because 2021 is a lost cause.

I see it in the flashes. He makes good pro-level throws when the offense isn’t breaking down for a drive or two. The potential and talent is there but I know he’s in such a bad situation it won’t show much and that we’re gonna have to wait.

Yeah. He does a great job avoiding rush, he doesn't make garbage decisions that least to turnovers, and every now and then he makes a great play that often doesn't show up on the stat sheet because the receiver either drops it, or runs the wrong route.

A great example was a couple of weeks ago on the play where Taylor never even started blocking, and Trevor had to get rid of the ball immediately because the line let a guy just run free at him. Trevor put the ball on the back's hands in stride, would have been a TD. Instead the back dropped it.

So on that play Trevor made the right decision and a great throw and everyone around him failed.

At some point Khan has to see what's happening if he doesn't want to waste Trevor's time here and goad him into leaving after his rookie contract is up.

Game manager game plan and then being unable to get out of third and long, you think you are going to see rookie progress? The strength of the offense that oline that was good enough to not address is a disaster.

Oh wait they drafted a hobbled Tackle, but he doesn't play. This team only succeeds at failure. I can't believe we are going to shatter points scored.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2021, 01:25 PM by Jagswillwin. Edited 1 time in total.)

This team needs a reset!

Bench Lawrence to save your franchise qb from adopting a permanent losing mentality that comes with the Jags!

Manning situation was different! His dad was part of the worse teams in NFL history in the seventies-Oilers and Saints. It was easy for Peyton to pick up the phone and regain confidence from his dad who had "been there and done that."

Throw the book at Beathard and let him win games!

You. Can't. Go. Wrong.

I think that's enough internet for you today.

Good lord…

Man you are funny I have to tell Mom I heard a funny joke today!!
No Fun

I...um...never mind...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Just through I'd throw this in here, for those who are 100% confident in their current and unarguable opinions.

Bortles or Gabbert
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...ht=Bortles

Bortles Pick

How has Blake Bortles gotten so good

Does Bortles throw ducks

Bortles is garbage

Embrace the unknown and unpredictable...cause only time will tell.

(12-08-2021, 01:50 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I...um...never mind...

Denny Thompson said this morning that Lawrence is regressing

Gerard implied that Lawrence is losing confidence

(12-08-2021, 02:07 PM)Jagswillwin Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 01:50 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I...um...never mind...

Denny Thompson said this morning that Lawrence is regressing

He's regressing because of the coaching, scheme, gameplan and lack of talent around him. 
He's being thrown to the wolves.

Throwing Beathard to the wolves won't be any different.
Might save Trevor from further injury, but... it won't alter the season or W/L column. 

This staff has ruined any chance of that.

(12-08-2021, 02:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 02:07 PM)Jagswillwin Wrote: Denny Thompson said this morning that Lawrence is regressing

Time to save Lawrence both physically and psychologically!

What's the point in playing him if he's not progressing?

He's regressing because of the coaching, scheme, gameplan and lack of talent around him. 
He's being thrown to the wolves.

Throwing Beathard to the wolves won't be any different.
Might save Trevor from further injury, but... it won't alter the season or W/L column. 

This staff has ruined any chance of that.