Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

[Image: Vaccine-Mandate-Covide.jpg]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6yDwFGJPFqrziaTpJ7G2...g&usqp=CAU]

(12-15-2021, 09:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 09:36 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are you implying anybody being sued cannot have their opinion trusted? He is literally a doctor

A guy who inflates his credentials and offers contrarian advice to the point that a highly respected institution sues him to force him to disassociate with them should not be trusted. He's literally being sued by other doctors because of his misinformation.

Do you trust Urban Meyer because he's literally an NFL football coach?

Post the evidence for this. As far as I can see, Baylor is suing him for using his title after they parted ways. That's different than inflating credentials.

(12-15-2021, 04:44 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6yDwFGJPFqrziaTpJ7G2...g&usqp=CAU]

one article? lol.. ok....
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(12-15-2021, 04:58 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 09:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: A guy who inflates his credentials and offers contrarian advice to the point that a highly respected institution sues him to force him to disassociate with them should not be trusted. He's literally being sued by other doctors because of his misinformation.

Do you trust Urban Meyer because he's literally an NFL football coach?

Post the evidence for this. As far as I can see, Baylor is suing him for using his title after they parted ways. That's different than inflating credentials.

Posting that you are staff at a prestigious institution when you are not is exactly that. Continuing to do it when told to stop is worse.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-15-2021, 05:30 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(12-15-2021, 10:54 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 02:31 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Tell me again how this Vaccine works???????

CDC: Only 21% Of Omicron Cases Occurred In Unvaccinated People

About eight out of 10 people who have caught the Omicron variant of COVID-19 were fully vaccinated, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

https://www.dailywire.com/news/cdc-only-...5IpnvUAosw

And This Is A Legitimate Question That NEEDS To Be Answered.......

[Image: cdc.png]

Other than it being a small sample size, this is probably anecdotal evidence that the preventative measures (masking, distancing, etc.) do work and are effective if followed, and that natural immunity for some is still providing great protection.  I would guess that those who are vaxxed have gone on with their lives following none of those preventative protocols, while some of those who are unvaxxed either have natural immunity doing them well, or are still distancing/masking and taking those precautions pretty seriously.

We already knowing the vaccine doesn't completely eliminate getting it or spreading it, so, really I don't think we have anymore questions that need to be answered.  As long as these people continue to have mild symptoms, then everything would appear to be working.

I would agree with this, at least as far as i am concerned. I had Covid October 2020. Just an on and off fever. Steriod shot and zpac for meds. Back to normal in 10 days. I continue to mask and distance regularly and am not vaccinated. Havent been sick since. Am going to get tested for antibodies next month during my anuual checkup. Whether or not I have immunity equal to the vaccines, I have no idea, but I'm am sure at some point I have been exposed to one or more variants since October 2020. We'll see.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

...or natural immunity is just better.

Just looked at a study that looked at t-cell response to Omicron. Natural immunity was 95% effective. The various shots ranged from 60-80% effectiveness (down from 90 with Delta)

(12-15-2021, 05:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 04:58 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Post the evidence for this. As far as I can see, Baylor is suing him for using his title after they parted ways. That's different than inflating credentials.

Posting that you are staff at a prestigious institution when you are not is exactly that. Continuing to do it when told to stop is worse.

Again, post your evidence for this. It's a he said/she said. I don't have a dog in this fight (except he mirrors my points with regards to treatment over vaccination, but adds in anti-vax data), but when I looked it up, the suit came from one podcast where there was a chyron with his title in it, even though he didn't say it himself.  It is also sad how butthurt people are about a prominent figure going against the narrative. Just beat his data. Oh... that's right.

(12-15-2021, 08:48 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 05:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Posting that you are staff at a prestigious institution when you are not is exactly that. Continuing to do it when told to stop is worse.

Again, post your evidence for this. It's a he said/she said. I don't have a dog in this fight (except he mirrors my points with regards to treatment over vaccination, but adds in anti-vax data), but when I looked it up, the suit came from one podcast where there was a chyron with his title in it, even though he didn't say it himself.  It is also sad how butthurt people are about a prominent figure going against the narrative. Just beat his data. Oh... that's right.

You know the HCQ position was disproved as well as I do. And Baylor presemted sufficient evidence to gain a restraining order against the Doctor back in September.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

/sigh

Dude. I don't follow this guy enough to know his timeline. I know that HCQ was being used in multiple countries, based off research from Sars-Cov-1. When was he championing it? Because you and I both know it didn't become taboo until Trump advocated for it. At best it's a mild improvement over nothing. At worst, it's false hope. The CDC's push to remove all attempts to treat covid is flabbergasting.

(12-15-2021, 11:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: /sigh

Dude. I don't follow this guy enough to know his timeline. I know that HCQ was being used in multiple countries, based off research from Sars-Cov-1. When was he championing it? Because you and I both know it didn't become taboo until Trump advocated for it. At best it's a mild improvement over nothing. At worst, it's false hope. The CDC's push to remove all attempts to treat covid is flabbergasting.

So you just gotta jump in on something you don't know about to tell me I'm wrong. /eyeroll

(12-16-2021, 01:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 11:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: /sigh

So you just gotta jump in on something you don't know about to tell me I'm wrong. /eyeroll

Lol. [BLEEP] off. Your claim was misleading. I don't need to know everything about this doctor to know that you have a history of dismissing anything that doesn't fit your narrative, and this is just another example. Your claim made it seem like he lied to Baylor about his credentials. Like he was falsely inflating his ability. There are a thousand different ways to frame the lawsuit and you picked the ONE way that makes it seem like the guy is a quack. Just because Baylor didn't want to be associated with his anti-vax position doesn't mean the guy is a moron or a liar. It doesn't mean that he doesn't have points worth considering. It doesn't mean that he's not using good scientific data. Stop straw-manning and address his points. I bet if I looked into this lawsuit, you'd be wrong about your presumptions here, too. Wanna make a bet? 

You know, I didn't take a break because I think you've been right about anything. I took a few days off because I felt like I'm wasting my time arguing with you and it is unappreciated by others here. However, I don't really care what anyone here thinks. You need to be challenged. You're the closest thing this board has to and "expert" here, and you're wrong all the [BLEEP] time. It's really disheartening. Not that you can be wrong, but that you can't bother yourself to be corrected. Serious question: How much of that video did you even watch? A second? A minute?

(12-16-2021, 08:18 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 01:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So you just gotta jump in on something you don't know about to tell me I'm wrong. /eyeroll

Lol. [BLEEP] off. Your claim was misleading. I don't need to know everything about this doctor to know that you have a history of dismissing anything that doesn't fit your narrative, and this is just another example. Your claim made it seem like he lied to Baylor about his credentials. Like he was falsely inflating his ability. There are a thousand different ways to frame the lawsuit and you picked the ONE way that makes it seem like the guy is a quack. Just because Baylor didn't want to be associated with his anti-vax position doesn't mean the guy is a moron or a liar. It doesn't mean that he doesn't have points worth considering. It doesn't mean that he's not using good scientific data. Stop straw-manning and address his points. I bet if I looked into this lawsuit, you'd be wrong about your presumptions here, too. Wanna make a bet? 

You know, I didn't take a break because I think you've been right about anything. I took a few days off because I felt like I'm wasting my time arguing with you and it is unappreciated by others here. However, I don't really care what anyone here thinks. You need to be challenged. You're the closest thing this board has to and "expert" here, and you're wrong all the [BLEEP] time. It's really disheartening. Not that you can be wrong, but that you can't bother yourself to be corrected. Serious question: How much of that video did you even watch? A second? A minute?
Bro.... What?

You don't care what we think but you want us to appreciate you?! You're better than this.

(12-16-2021, 08:18 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 01:46 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So you just gotta jump in on something you don't know about to tell me I'm wrong. /eyeroll

He doesn't have points worth considering because they were considered, found to be wrong, and dismissed. And then he continues to push his same disproven points to the point that his former employer got a [BLEEP] restraining order against him to make him stop. And yes, he's a cardiologist not an epidemiologist, not a virologist, not any kind of infectious diseases guy, so he's out of his depth. Why do I have to continue to address points that were disproven? To satisfy a habitual contrarian like yourself? Lol. Like I said, if FSG posts a post on the board and L2L isn't around to contradict it, is he still wrong? Only until L2L shows up.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 01:58 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-16-2021, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 08:18 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Lol. [BLEEP] off. Your claim was misleading. I don't need to know everything about this doctor to know that you have a history of dismissing anything that doesn't fit your narrative, and this is just another example. Your claim made it seem like he lied to Baylor about his credentials. Like he was falsely inflating his ability. There are a thousand different ways to frame the lawsuit and you picked the ONE way that makes it seem like the guy is a quack. Just because Baylor didn't want to be associated with his anti-vax position doesn't mean the guy is a moron or a liar. It doesn't mean that he doesn't have points worth considering. It doesn't mean that he's not using good scientific data. Stop straw-manning and address his points. I bet if I looked into this lawsuit, you'd be wrong about your presumptions here, too. Wanna make a bet? 

Bro.... What?

You don't care what we think but you want us to appreciate you?! You're better than this.

I don't care if they appreciate it or not, to clarify. I was basically admitting to quitting for a few days out of a mild pity party and reconsidered after thinking about what was important to me.

(12-16-2021, 01:55 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Bro.... What?

I don't care if they appreciate it or not, to clarify. I was basically admitting to quitting for a few days out of a mild pity party and reconsidered after thinking about what was important to me.

I get needing the break, the whole thing just wore me out this past summer, what with a full house of patients, ongoing vaccination programs, all of the personnel issues because of exposed clinical staff and trying to close that gap. Trying to keep up on all the literature and arguing about it just grinds you down.

(12-16-2021, 02:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 01:55 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I don't care if they appreciate it or not, to clarify. I was basically admitting to quitting for a few days out of a mild pity party and reconsidered after thinking about what was important to me.

I get needing the break, the whole thing just wore me out this past summer, what with a full house of patients, ongoing vaccination programs, all of the personnel issues because of exposed clinical staff and trying to close that gap. Trying to keep up on all the literature and arguing about it just grinds you down.

Don't forget to update the sig!

(12-16-2021, 02:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 02:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I get needing the break, the whole thing just wore me out this past summer, what with a full house of patients, ongoing vaccination programs, all of the personnel issues because of exposed clinical staff and trying to close that gap. Trying to keep up on all the literature and arguing about it just grinds you down.

Don't forget to update the sig!

I just got a new P365x to serve as my carry pistol, I don't think I'll need to upgrade that for some time.

[Image: fauci.jpg]
Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour