Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Thibodeaux & Hutchinson

(12-15-2021, 04:17 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 02:32 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Per Josina Anderson, the Lions are currently leaning Thibodeaux with their pick. I’d be happy with this because I currently prefer Hutchinson to Thibodeaux.

Cool. If we pick #2 then you would take Hutch over Williams the receiver? It would be hard for me to not take him but dang Trevor needs so much help

Without a second guess whatsoever.

A 2nd round receiver will probably bring a lot more to the table than a second round DE/OLB

Plus, if we pick a Michigan guy with our top pick, that's gonna steam the hell outta Shelley X

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Either one, don't care love em both!

Welcome to Jax

(12-19-2021, 05:04 PM)Upper Wrote: Either one, don't care love em both!
Same!

Draft party at my house again!

Hutchinson still has at least one more game so he still can make a statement to be selected first

Looks like O-Line-Matters gets his wish. We prolly getting the 1st pick now. Unless we trade back... nah we won't do that.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 06:31 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-19-2021, 05:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hutchinson still has at least one more game so he still can make a statement to be selected first

He's already my #1 overall pick. He doesn't have to do anything else IMO. I have him slightly over Thibodeaux and I don't see this changing, unless he gets arrested, fails a drug test or something awful comes out about him.

(12-19-2021, 05:17 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Looks like O-Line-Matters gets his wish. We prolly getting the 1st pick now. Unless we trade back... nah we won't do that.

I would've rather won and shown a real turnaround with this team, once Meyer was gone. That didn't happen though and the reality is that this team just doesn't have talented players. I am happy though that we are at least guaranteed one of the two best overall players in the draft and they play a position where we definitely need help. I'm choosing to look at the positive.

(12-19-2021, 06:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 05:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hutchinson still has at least one more game so he still can make a statement to be selected first

He's already my #1 overall pick. He doesn't have to do anything else IMO. I have him slightly over Thibodeaux and I don't see this changing, unless he gets arrested, fails a drug test or something awful comes out about him.

(12-19-2021, 05:17 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Looks like O-Line-Matters gets his wish. We prolly getting the 1st pick now. Unless we trade back... nah we won't do that.

I would've rather won and shown a real turnaround with this team, once Meyer was gone. That didn't happen though and the reality is that this team just doesn't have talented players. I am happy though that we are at least guaranteed one of the two best overall players in the draft and they play a position where we definitely need help. I'm choosing to look at the positive.

I didn't mean for you lol.  I'm talking about for our new GM

(12-19-2021, 07:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 06:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's already my #1 overall pick. He doesn't have to do anything else IMO. I have him slightly over Thibodeaux and I don't see this changing, unless he gets arrested, fails a drug test or something awful comes out about him.

I didn't mean for you lol.  I'm talking about for our new GM

Sorry. I misunderstood. LOL

(12-19-2021, 06:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's already my #1 overall pick. He doesn't have to do anything else IMO. I have him slightly over Thibodeaux and I don't see this changing

I currently have Hutch slighly ahead too. Close enough that if there is a stark athletic testing difference Thibs could jump him. Either way, Josh Allen plus either of these guys will be filthy.

(12-19-2021, 08:21 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 06:28 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's already my #1 overall pick. He doesn't have to do anything else IMO. I have him slightly over Thibodeaux and I don't see this changing

I currently have Hutch slighly ahead too. Close enough that if there is a stark athletic testing difference Thibs could jump him. Either way, Josh Allen plus either of these guys will be filthy.

I was very reluctant about Hutchinson at the beginning of the season, but he was so dominant against some of the top rated OT's, that I couldn't ignore the obvious and he won me over. He just destroyed opposing OT's this season.

(12-19-2021, 05:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Welcome to Jax

I wouldn't get too ahead of ourselves. If we beat the Jets next week, which is very possible, chances are we would end up picking 3rd.

(12-19-2021, 09:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I was very reluctant about Hutchinson at the beginning of the season, but he was so dominant against some of the top rated OT's, that I couldn't ignore the obvious and he won me over. He just destroyed opposing OT's this season.

Yeah I remember after we won our second game and we were like 5th in the draft order I said screw it I'd just reach a little for Hutch there (lol) and you pushed back on it pretty hard at the time (also lol).

What I love so much about Hutch is how perfectly he fits across from Allen. Tailor made SAM that will set the edge well and even destroy some run blockers. Relentless motor that will get a significant handful of sacks every year just from hustling and cleaning up these pressures that Allen creates but slip away cause no one else is around. All of the traits to be a dominant pass rusher all by himself, but also the traits that will mesh with another top pass rusher to elevate both of them.

Not saying Thibs can't be that guy in time he has the frame to do so, but he's not there yet and I'm not sure if his motor burns hot enough to do a lot of the dirty work that will make a difference.

(12-19-2021, 09:15 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 05:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Welcome to Jax

I wouldn't get too ahead of ourselves. If we beat the Jets next week, which is very possible, chances are we would end up picking 3rd.
Bro. We just lost to the Texans at home.

(12-19-2021, 09:27 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 09:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I was very reluctant about Hutchinson at the beginning of the season, but he was so dominant against some of the top rated OT's, that I couldn't ignore the obvious and he won me over. He just destroyed opposing OT's this season.

Yeah I remember after we won our second game and we were like 5th in the draft order I said screw it I'd just reach a little for Hutch there (lol) and you pushed back on it pretty hard at the time (also lol).

I fully admit, I have some biases against Michigan D-Linemen. It seems like they never really make the transition into the NFL. There is something very different about Hutchinson though and as the season went on, I could no longer deny how good he was, even though I went kicking and screaming. He is technically as good as it gets, he's strong and his motor never quits. He may not be the fastest guy, but what he lacks in athleticism, he makes up for in technique and determination. He reminds me so much of Jared Allen and if he does turn out to be as good as him, we'll be getting a heck of a player. Allen had a 12 year NFL career and racked up 136 sacks.

(12-19-2021, 09:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: but what he lacks in athleticism

There have been rumors about his athletic numbers that are pretty shocking too. If he tests anywhere near as good as they say he will not be lacking in athleticism whatsoever.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 11:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-19-2021, 11:24 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 09:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: but what he lacks in athleticism

There have been rumors about his athletic numbers that are pretty shocking too. If he tests anywhere near as good as they say he will not be lacking in athleticism whatsoever.

I don't know of what the rumors are but when you watch him I don't see a guy that's lacking athleticism.  But he also said that Neal reminds him of Cam Robinson

(12-19-2021, 09:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 09:27 PM)Upper Wrote: Yeah I remember after we won our second game and we were like 5th in the draft order I said screw it I'd just reach a little for Hutch there (lol) and you pushed back on it pretty hard at the time (also lol).

I fully admit, I have some biases against Michigan D-Linemen. It seems like they never really make the transition into the NFL. There is something very different about Hutchinson though and as the season went on, I could no longer deny how good he was, even though I went kicking and screaming. He is technically as good as it gets, he's strong and his motor never quits. He may not be the fastest guy, but what he lacks in athleticism, he makes up for in technique and determination. He reminds me so much of Jared Allen and if he does turn out to be as good as him, we'll be getting a heck of a player. Allen had a 12 year NFL career and racked up 136 sacks.
Allen was actually a 4th round pick.  Allen wasn't close to the prospect that Hutch is.

(12-19-2021, 11:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:24 PM)Upper Wrote: There have been rumors about his athletic numbers that are pretty shocking too. If he tests anywhere near as good as they say he will not be lacking in athleticism whatsoever.

I don't know of what the rumors are but when you watch him I don't see a guy that's lacking athleticism.  But he also said that Neal reminds him of Cam Robinson

(12-19-2021, 09:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I fully admit, I have some biases against Michigan D-Linemen. It seems like they never really make the transition into the NFL. There is something very different about Hutchinson though and as the season went on, I could no longer deny how good he was, even though I went kicking and screaming. He is technically as good as it gets, he's strong and his motor never quits. He may not be the fastest guy, but what he lacks in athleticism, he makes up for in technique and determination. He reminds me so much of Jared Allen and if he does turn out to be as good as him, we'll be getting a heck of a player. Allen had a 12 year NFL career and racked up 136 sacks.
Allen was actually a 4th round pick.  Allen wasn't close to the prospect that Hutch is.

Allen was a 4th round pick because he played at Idaho State. If he played at a Power 5 school he would have went much higher.

(12-19-2021, 11:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I don't know of what the rumors are but when you watch him I don't see a guy that's lacking athleticism.  But he also said that Neal reminds him of Cam Robinson

A lot of people have said he timed in the 6.5s for his 3 cone at Michigan, which I find hard to believe. Kwity Paye of course had his famous 6.37 3 cone at Michigan and then never did a 3 cone in pre draft testing, so it's likely Michigan just cooks it's numbers by a pretty large margin. I expect Hutch probably can come in under 7, which is the threshold for EDGES, and would be especially good considering his size.

To be a true rock solid #1 pick I would hope he breaks 7 seconds by a decent margin, however. If he comes in around 7 flat that will be in the range that Thibodeaux could leap him if he tests like he should.