Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The #1 pick nobody wants

Since I still believe we're not going to be able to land a #1 WR in free agency and I don't believe there will be a stud WR available in round 2, I was wondering if any team would be willing to trade a good WR in exchange for a swap of first round picks? We may not get one of the premier WR 's in such a deal, but we probably could get someone much better than what we end up with in free agency. We'd still have a first round pick, just lower and we could focus on drafting the BAP in each round instead of focusing on drafting a WR in round 2. I don't know exactly which WR I would target in such a deal though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-01-2022, 09:39 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Since I still believe we're not going to be able to land a #1 WR in free agency and I don't believe there will be a stud WR available in round 2, I was wondering if any team would be willing to trade a good WR in exchange for a swap of first round picks? We may not get one of the premier WR 's in such a deal, but we probably could get someone much better than what we end up with in free agency. We'd still have a first round pick, just lower and we could focus on drafting the BAP in each round instead of focusing on drafting a WR in round 2. I don't know exactly which WR I would target in such a deal though.

It’s an interesting idea. It does not strike me as something commonly done, but I would like the idea if it could be pulled off (and we actually landed a great receiver).

(01-01-2022, 09:39 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Since I still believe we're not going to be able to land a #1 WR in free agency and I don't believe there will be a stud WR available in round 2, I was wondering if any team would be willing to trade a good WR in exchange for a swap of first round picks? We may not get one of the premier WR 's in such a deal, but we probably could get someone much better than what we end up with in free agency. We'd still have a first round pick, just lower and we could focus on drafting the BAP in each round instead of focusing on drafting a WR in round 2. I don't know exactly which WR I would target in such a deal though.
There's really nothing out there. Cooper Kupp from the Rams would be great but they traded away the farm this year to swing for the fences.

DaVante Adams is hitting the market. Not sure if Green Bay is going to tag him, if that's even possible, but, you maybe have a slim to none shot at him.

Tyreek Hill is too important in Kansas City.

Chris Godwin is in the market. Off injury.

Justin Jefferson [should have been drafted over Chaisson] is going nowhere.

The only other player is D.K Metcalf, and, again, just like the Rams. They don't have any first round picks.

They're going to have to invest in a collective group via free agency. Engineer a trade and get a speciality receiver. Or, as I said in other threads. Depending on the next offensive system and coach?

The TE position maybe becomes more heavily involved. Thus, taking pressure off the WR needs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Been saying it for a while but DJ Moore is my guy.

I’m not sure what they’re 1st round pick ends up being but a swap that includes DJ Moore would be really good.

(01-01-2022, 01:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-25-2021, 12:37 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Chaisson plays like a 43 LB to me. He'd be fine blitzing every now and then, but he's a LB not a edge rusher.
Agreed. He's not really good across the board but he's certainly not a pass rusher.

LSU was lighting teams up in 2019 where they put up 50+ and 60+ and Chaisson only racked up 6.5 sacks.

Prior to that there was simply nothing else there to evaluate whether or not he was going to be consistent and reliable.

They could have taken Justin Jefferson there instead and landed Antoine Winfield Jr. in RD2 instead of Sheanult.

[BLEEP] bummer. Both of those players showed consistency for at least 2 years in a row and finished strong. Caldwell had to [BLEEP] this team over just one more time I guess.. 

Yeah I’m still salty about the miss on Jefferson. That guy clearly had it in college, based on production and the eye test. I know most on the board were calling for him.

(01-01-2022, 10:02 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
There's really nothing out there. Cooper Kupp from the Rams would be great but they traded away the farm this year to swing for the fences.

DaVante Adams is hitting the market. Not sure if Green Bay is going to tag him, if that's even possible, but, you maybe have a slim to none shot at him.

The only other player is D.K Metcalf, and, again, just like the Rams. They don't have any first round picks.

They're going to have to invest in a collective group via free agency. Engineer a trade and get a speciality receiver. Or, as I said in other threads. Depending on the next offensive system and coach?

The TE position maybe becomes more heavily involved. Thus, taking pressure off the WR needs.

The big issue is value. The Jaguars are going to have the #1 pick. Either the team we trade with would also need a very high pick to exchange, or they're need to be giving up a real blue-chip guy on the level of Kupp or Justin Jefferson along with their low or middle first round pick (and like you said, a lot of teams don't even have the pick, still). Not to mention there aren't any guys at the top that are going to make many teams desperate to move up. I just can't see any team trading us their young blue chip receiver and a first round pick. The Jaguars are probably just going to have to stay and make a pick, it just had better not be another [BLEEP] one.

(01-01-2022, 10:16 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: The big issue is value. The Jaguars are going to have the #1 pick. Either the team we trade with would also need a very high pick to exchange, or they're need to be giving up a real blue-chip guy on the level of Kupp or Justin Jefferson along with their low or middle first round pick (and like you said, a lot of teams don't even have the pick, still). Not to mention there aren't any guys at the top that are going to make many teams desperate to move up. I just can't see any team trading us their young blue chip receiver and a first round pick. The Jaguars are probably just going to have to stay and make a pick, it just had better not be another [BLEEP] one.

Obviously this type of stuff will never happen, but in an alternate universe where it could...we should be falling over ourselves to trade #1 for Jefferson. I would give #1 and one of our extra 3rd rounder for JJeff, in a heartbeat.

(01-01-2022, 10:16 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 10:02 AM)Caldrac Wrote: There's really nothing out there. Cooper Kupp from the Rams would be great but they traded away the farm this year to swing for the fences.

The big issue is value. The Jaguars are going to have the #1 pick. Either the team we trade with would also need a very high pick to exchange, or they're need to be giving up a real blue-chip guy on the level of Kupp or Justin Jefferson along with their low or middle first round pick (and like you said, a lot of teams don't even have the pick, still). Not to mention there aren't any guys at the top that are going to make many teams desperate to move up. I just can't see any team trading us their young blue chip receiver and a first round pick. The Jaguars are probably just going to have to stay and make a pick, it just had better not be another [BLEEP] one.
Yep. Agreed. Probably looking at Hutchinson or Neal. Will depend on how the draft process unfolds and how they perform at the combine. Neal looked good yesterday. Hutchinson kept hustling despite the game being out of reach early. Only player with a solo TFL last night. Made a great read on a WR screen play. Flashed good speed and football IQ there.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-01-2022, 12:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 10:16 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: The big issue is value. The Jaguars are going to have the #1 pick. Either the team we trade with would also need a very high pick to exchange, or they're need to be giving up a real blue-chip guy on the level of Kupp or Justin Jefferson along with their low or middle first round pick (and like you said, a lot of teams don't even have the pick, still). Not to mention there aren't any guys at the top that are going to make many teams desperate to move up. I just can't see any team trading us their young blue chip receiver and a first round pick. The Jaguars are probably just going to have to stay and make a pick, it just had better not be another [BLEEP] one.
Yep. Agreed. Probably looking at Hutchinson or Neal. Will depend on how the draft process unfolds and how they perform at the combine. Neal looked good yesterday. Hutchinson kept hustling despite the game being out of reach early. Only player with a solo TFL last night. Made a great read on a WR screen play. Flashed good speed and football IQ there.

After last night, I think Hutch should be taken out of consideration for #1. 

It’s Thibs or trade down if possible.

(01-01-2022, 10:30 AM)Upper Wrote:

Obviously this type of stuff will never happen, but in an alternate universe where it could...we should be falling over ourselves to trade #1 for Jefferson. I would give #1 and one of our extra 3rd rounder for JJeff, in a heartbeat.

I would too, but Minnesota would never part with him. The Vikings are projected to be approximately $11 million over the cap for next year though. You never know if they might be willing to part with Adam Theilen, if they get desperate. Dallas is in the same predicament. They are also projected to be $11 million over. New Orleans and Green Bay are way over the cap, but with Davante Adams set to hit free agency, Green Bay has no receivers worth trading for and neither does New Orleans.

(01-01-2022, 12:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 12:37 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yep. Agreed. Probably looking at Hutchinson or Neal. Will depend on how the draft process unfolds and how they perform at the combine. Neal looked good yesterday. Hutchinson kept hustling despite the game being out of reach early. Only player with a solo TFL last night. Made a great read on a WR screen play. Flashed good speed and football IQ there.

After last night, I think Hutch should be taken out of consideration for #1. 

Oof.

https://twitter.com/TravisPharma/status/...17736?s=20

(01-01-2022, 01:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 10:30 AM)Upper Wrote: Obviously this type of stuff will never happen, but in an alternate universe where it could...we should be falling over ourselves to trade #1 for Jefferson. I would give #1 and one of our extra 3rd rounder for JJeff, in a heartbeat.

I would too, but Minnesota would never part with him. The Vikings are projected to be approximately $11 million over the cap for next year though. You never know if they might be willing to part with Adam Theilen, if they get desperate. Dallas is in the same predicament. They are also projected to be $11 million over. New Orleans and Green Bay are way over the cap, but with Davante Adams set to hit free agency, Green Bay has no receivers worth trading for and neither does New Orleans.
Hard pass on Thielan. He’s cooked, battling injuries and old.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2022, 01:38 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-01-2022, 01:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 01:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would too, but Minnesota would never part with him. The Vikings are projected to be approximately $11 million over the cap for next year though. You never know if they might be willing to part with Adam Theilen, if they get desperate. Dallas is in the same predicament. They are also projected to be $11 million over. New Orleans and Green Bay are way over the cap, but with Davante Adams set to hit free agency, Green Bay has no receivers worth trading for and neither does New Orleans.
Hard pass on Thielan. He’s cooked, battling injuries and old.

If we're targeting teams with cap issues, then that only leaves Amari Cooper and I can't see Dallas trading him for anything. We've really screwed ourselves with bad drafting.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2022, 01:42 PM by snowwolf776.)

Jaguars  are getting the # 1 pick rather they want it, or not.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-01-2022, 10:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Been saying it for a while but DJ Moore is my guy.

I’m not sure what they’re 1st round pick ends up being but a swap that includes DJ Moore would be really good.

If we could swing something like trading for Moore, keeping a top 10 first rounder and still drafting Neal or Jameson Williams...hoo boy we'd be in business.

I LOVE DJ.

These bowl games just aren't much fun to watch with all the major stars opting out. I get it, they don't wanna get injured, but it really takes away from the experience for the fans. It would've been fun to see Treylon Burks and Jahan Dotson in the same game.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2022, 02:18 PM by Cleatwood.)

(01-01-2022, 01:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: These bowl games just aren't much fun to watch with all the major stars opting out. I get it, they don't wanna get injured, but it really takes away from the experience for the fans. It would've been fun to see Treylon Burks and Jahan Dotson in the same game.
Bowl games are pointless. It’s like an all star game with no stars.

Good for these players realizing it.

(01-01-2022, 01:55 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 10:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Been saying it for a while but DJ Moore is my guy.

If we could swing something like trading for Moore, keeping a top 10 first rounder and still drafting Neal or Jameson Williams...hoo boy we'd be in business.

I LOVE DJ.
That would be awesome.

I doubt the Panthers want to move DJ because he’s still young (24), already very accomplished and hasn’t reached his peak.

(01-01-2022, 01:29 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 12:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: After last night, I think Hutch should be taken out of consideration for #1. 

Oof.

One play? And oof?

Ok. Go put on the OSU tape then. Not knocking Michigan. But, that WAS Georgia they were playing last night.

Hutchinson will be great at the next level. Nonstop motor. Never quits. Put him on a stout defensive line in the NFL and he'll make plays.

N'keal Harry pancaked Myles Garrett last year. You still going to "oof" Garrett?

(01-01-2022, 03:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote: One play? And oof?

If last night was a Myles Garrett level of domination otherwise then a play like that would have been fine, obviously.

Hutch was getting neutralized all game and then had a handful of plays like that on top of it.

He didn't look explosive whatsoever, and his long striding is going to get him off balance a ton like in that highlight...err lowlight.

(01-01-2022, 03:55 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 01:29 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Oof.

One play? And oof?

Ok. Go put on the OSU tape then. Not knocking Michigan. But, that WAS Georgia they were playing last night.

Hutchinson will be great at the next level. Nonstop motor. Never quits. Put him on a stout defensive line in the NFL and he'll make plays.

N'keal Harry pancaked Myles Garrett last year. You still going to "oof" Garrett?

That happened a few times last night. Also the few times he did get by the QB just ran away from him. He may have a non stop motor, but last night must have been set on low speed.
A new broom always sweeps clean.