Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawrence Critique (merged)

I've lost faith that Shad Khan has the ability to pick the right people to run this franchise. If he manages to do it this time, it'll be pure luck.

And if we manage to ruin Trevor Lawrence, the NFL should step in and fold this franchise before it does it to another great prospect.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-03-2022, 06:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I've lost faith that Shad Khan has the ability to pick the right people to run this franchise.  If he manages to do it this time, it'll be pure luck. 

And if we manage to ruin Trevor Lawrence, the NFL should step in and fold this franchise before it does it to another great prospect.

I've never had faith.  He knows nothing about the game, winning has never been the primary objective and he's too egotistical to admit he's in over his head.  It's always been a matter of luck.  I don't expect his time around to be any different.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-29-2021, 06:51 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I have always said he geta mulligan this year.

With that said.....

He looks really rough and it's going to be an uphill battle for him to be the Man!

always!?!??!

You've called for us to draft his replacement with our top pick this year;
You called him horrendous after three weeks;
You've created countless threads to nitpick plays and cherry-pick stats that paint him poorly.

Not once in any of those threads did you ever state that this was dismissable as a mulligan.

(01-02-2022, 04:55 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Another stellar game for the Golden boy. 193 yards passing, 3 ints, 1 Td from a screen pass.  Simply horrendous. Only a Jaguar fan can defend this.

like you always said, this is a mulligan year, though, right?

this is what a nonexistent supporting cast produces, offensively. He is literally the only guy on the field for us that is worth one darn.

(01-03-2022, 10:15 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 06:51 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I have always said he geta mulligan this year.

With that said.....

He looks really rough and it's going to be an uphill battle for him to be the Man!

always!?!??!

You've created countless threads to nitpick plays and cherry-pick stats that paint him poorly.

Not once in any of those threads did you ever state that this was dismissable as a mulligan.

No one can disagree with you if you take every side of the argument.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-03-2022, 12:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 10:15 AM)Mikey Wrote: always!?!??!

No one can disagree with you if you take every side of the argument.

He talks out of both sides of his mouth. Claims he's not making long term calls then calls him a bust. Says he gets a mulligan but then says we should draft his replacement. It's laughable.

Yawn...

Here's a crazy idea, let's all agree that Lawrence has not played well enough this season to cement himself as the starting QB going forward.  Yes he doesn't have a good supporting cast, and yes he is missing throws an NFL QB should consistently make.  His coaching should be questioned, but no he's not being coached to throw the ball to a player with the wrong colored jersey...an NFL coach doesn't get this far if his QB advice is to lock on to 1 single primary receiver and throw it regardless.  His receivers have dropped catchable balls, but throwing a heater to a guy 4 yards away will increase the drop rate. He may turn it around, or he may not.  Both slow starter and bust are still on the table.

Leaning one way or the other is just fine.  Getting on a high horse and demanding that people worship and obey your particular position is lunacy.

Time will tell. The End.

(01-03-2022, 12:36 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 12:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No one can disagree with you if you take every side of the argument.

He talks out of both sides of his mouth. Claims he's not making long term calls then calls him a bust. Says he gets a mulligan but then says we should draft his replacement. It's laughable.

That's you putting words in my mouth.  Yes he is a starting to look like a massive bust and yes he gets a mulligan but we have seen no growth at all this year.

Stay in delusion land and blame everything and everyone but Lawrence.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-03-2022, 03:36 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 12:36 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: He talks out of both sides of his mouth. Claims he's not making long term calls then calls him a bust. Says he gets a mulligan but then says we should draft his replacement. It's laughable.

That's you putting words in my mouth.  Yes he is a starting to look like a massive bust and yes he gets a mulligan but we have seen no growth at all this year.

Stay in delusion land and blame everything and everyone but Lawrence.

citing words you posted verbatim in this and any of the other myriad threads you create is the polar opposite of putting words in your mouth.

I don't think anyone here has said he's blameless, but there are some here who think that any other rookie we could have taken wouldn't have performed as bad or worse than TLaw. There are still others who appear to be on a quest to deem him a failure before he ever has a realistic shot of proving his ability.

It's concerning, but by no means is it as hopeless a picture as some would like to paint.

I bet this is Trevor's fault also LOLOLOLOL..

Either this is the worst play design you'll ever see, or some of the worst receiver play you'll ever see... 3 receivers literally all within 2 yards of each other up by the 30... What the hell is this?
https://twitter.com/acosta32_jp/status/1...4441737222

(01-01-2022, 02:18 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 12:32 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Sounds like he's saying it's a wash at this point. Belichick doesn't tilt backwards or sideways nor lean overly forward with his comments.

Typical coach speak.

Other than that. It's a New Year. Hopefully Khan makes a hire soon and another fire soon with Baalke.

We all know Belichick would have the same results in New England with Lawrence and the $140M in cap money he spent last year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Indeed. Put mac Jones here and he’s got same stats as Trevor, maybe worse

(01-03-2022, 06:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I bet this is Trevor's fault also LOLOLOLOL..

Either this is the worst play design you'll ever see, or some of the worst receiver play you'll ever see... 3 receivers literally all within 2 yards of each other up by the 30... What the hell is this?

Trevor has been bad but I refuse to bash him since the guy has had no help at all, not from the WRs, not from RBs, not from the OL, not from the QB coach, not from the OC, not from the HC, not from the TEs...

I have no problem with the guy asking for a 1 on 1 with Khan, it just shows the guy really cares and wants to win. Trevor doesn't strike me as a dumb guy with a big ego, he probably knows he is no expert and probably doesn't even know much about coaches around the league but maybe he wants to be included in the interviews or at least wants to know what these coaches are offering or what is their plan to see if it goes with what he wants (which is obviously getting a lot of help on offense, discipline etc etc). [BLEEP], I'd do the same if I was him and I saw that the owner is clueless.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(01-03-2022, 06:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I bet this is Trevor's fault also LOLOLOLOL..

Unless the play was designed to leave the middle of the field open against man, it was a terrible design and it matches too many of the plays the Jags run. TL needed to run the ball against man there but I think he has been told not to run.

The Jags have the same crap for too long on offense with the terrible play design for the routes. Look at how many times NE WRs were wide open because of good design and not just because of the Jags being terrible.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Unrelated to tlaw but does anyone have a update on how etienne is progressing with his recovery?

https://twitter.com/deezol904/status/147...08171?s=21

Ding ding ding

(01-03-2022, 10:42 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Unrelated to tlaw but does anyone have a update on how etienne is progressing with his recovery?

LOL he's probably watching the games and saying, "ummmmm no, I'm not ready yet . . . may take another year to heal up . . ."
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 12:48 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-04-2022, 11:41 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/deezol904/status/147...08171?s=21

Ding ding ding

You're wrong, he sucks.  

Or so I've been informed...almost daily.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 03:30 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(01-03-2022, 10:34 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

Unless the play was designed to leave the middle of the field open against man, it was a terrible design and it matches too many of the plays the Jags run. TL needed to run the ball against man there but I think he has been told not to run.

The Jags have the same crap for too long on offense with the terrible play design for the routes. Look at how many times NE WRs were wide open because of good design and not just because of the Jags being terrible.

It is Trevors fault. He is suppose to call the plays and make sure the Wrs are spread out with his play design. Dont you see all the other rookie QBs running their rookie schemes and play designs just fine?

Not to mention, all those tight window throws mac had to make with no running game and bad blocking. Mac needs to show trevor how to air it out and look like more than a below average game manager.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(01-04-2022, 03:27 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 10:34 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Unless the play was designed to leave the middle of the field open against man, it was a terrible design and it matches too many of the plays the Jags run. TL needed to run the ball against man there but I think he has been told not to run.

It is Trevors fault.  He is suppose to call the plays and make sure the Wrs are spread out with his play design.  Dont you see all the other rookie QBs running their rookie schemes and play designs just fine?

Not to mention, all those tight window throws mac had to make with no running game and bad blocking.  Mac needs to show trevor how to air it out and look like more than a below average game manager.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

So wait.....he's running the routes for the receivers?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 04:06 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

This is my biggest issue with him, and not just in the RZ. He never makes it easier for the WRs when he can

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...45289?s=20

(01-04-2022, 04:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is my biggest issue with him, and not just in the RZ.  He never makes it easier for the WRs when he can

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...45289?s=20

Lofton: "Good play there, if the first read isn't open just throw it away."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato