Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A 'clown' party at the game Sunday?

Lawrence and Jones clicking early. Bartch down. Bummer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Watching on TV I didn't see anyone with clown gear when they showed the stands. Was the clown turnout underwhelming?

(01-09-2022, 05:20 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Watching on TV I didn't see anyone with clown gear when they showed the stands.  Was the clown turnout underwhelming?

Came to say the same thing. I just assumed the cameras purposely didn't show?

I did see a lady on camera with a sign that read "I'm with Khan"

(01-09-2022, 05:20 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Watching on TV I didn't see anyone with clown gear when they showed the stands.  Was the clown turnout underwhelming?

they didn't pan to the 50 childish people who had clown costumes on

Imagine driving home from that game with clown paint on your face.

It was practically nonexistent.  I saw three clowns total.

(01-09-2022, 06:23 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:

they didn't pan to the 50 childish people who had clown costumes on

One reporter I follow on twitter said he counted between 4 and 5 dozen fans in clown gear. 
That jives with what I saw in my twitter feed pregame as fans in gear posted tailgating photos.

(01-09-2022, 07:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 06:23 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: they didn't pan to the 50 childish people who had clown costumes on

One reporter I follow on twitter said he counted between 4 and 5 dozen fans in clown gear. 
That jives with what I saw in my twitter feed pregame as fans in gear posted tailgating photos.

so like I said...50 fans

(01-09-2022, 07:08 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 07:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: One reporter I follow on twitter said he counted between 4 and 5 dozen fans in clown gear. 

so like I said...50 fans

Yup, not that many.  I did notice quite a few noses and a few wigs but they disappeared right after the opening drive.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

[Image: USATSI_17478067.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-09-2022, 07:08 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 07:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: One reporter I follow on twitter said he counted between 4 and 5 dozen fans in clown gear. 

so like I said...50 fans

I saw one short video clip of people walking into the stadium and there probably 40 or 50 in that group that had on clown outfits, wigs and/or noses.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-07-2022, 08:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Some Genius should have a stand close to the stadium selling all clown attire.  He would make a fortune.  I love the Clown Out Movement.  Lets the owner know the fans are getting fed up with the status quo.

....or lets the owner know that his fanbase are a bunch of lemmings that are easily swayed by the latest fad.

all the clowns are just wearing paper bags that take more effort to put on.

(01-10-2022, 10:06 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 08:35 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Some Genius should have a stand close to the stadium selling all clown attire.  He would make a fortune.  I love the Clown Out Movement.  Lets the owner know the fans are getting fed up with the status quo.

....or lets the owner know that his fanbase are a bunch of lemmings that are easily swayed by the latest fad.

all the clowns are just wearing paper bags that take more effort to put on.

Huh . . . I thought the fans who weren't making their feelings known were the lemmings.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022, 10:20 AM by Mikey.)

(01-08-2022, 09:16 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: my dad brought up a fair point about the whole clown out thing.  It could cause Khan to keep Balke in spite of fans,and even hire a HC he knows is a loser on purpose to keep team looking like a cirus,and losers.

stop listening to your dad if this is his logic.
Shad is not going to do anything just to spite a handful of fans, full stop.
Shad is not going to hire someone to intentionally make his team or himself look the fool, again, full stop.

If your dad is suggesting things like this without indications of sarcasm, just advise your dad that you have an entire community of friends on this board who can give you much less flawed thinking into this franchise's direction.

(01-08-2022, 09:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 09:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I will be at the game, although not in clown regalia.  It almost feels like the end of something.  I was at the very first game, hundreds of games after that, and I will be at this game Sunday.  Maybe my last game.  It feels like the franchise is dying.
Lowest point in Jags history man.

If it’s Baalke and BOB, not sure how on earth I’ll get excited about next season.

@....you'll have shifted your allegiance to a different team and are excited at the prospect of a potentially well-run, successful franchise giving you something to cheer about@

(01-08-2022, 09:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm trying to remember if a franchise has ever moved because of lack of fan support, when that lack of support is so obviously caused by owner incompetence.

every city that failed to fund a stadium could be said to have moved for lack of fan support.

(01-08-2022, 03:31 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 02:50 PM)jagman Wrote: Are you serious?  Who is going to want them?  I can think of many that would want them to move to their city.  Wake up....the owner will sell the team and the team will move to another city and then you clowns can put your clown suits on and walk around impressing the citizens of Jacksonville.

I no longer live in Jacksonville so I don't care about moving. The new city would be initially excited then complain and be miserable like most of us soon after.

so if you don't care, nobody else should either, right?

The city/citizens are the ones that would be caring more. Having a franchise in town means a lot for tourism, local revenues, benevolence, and many other factors beyond fairweather fandom.

Best was the video board quiz. No costume necessary, but the message was loud and clear

C. Fire Baalke!

(01-09-2022, 10:34 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [Image: USATSI_17478067.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]
Mvp: I love the clown movement
Everyone: not a lot of dummies in clown attire
Map shows picture of 40ish people with 5 or 6 idiots in half [BLEEP] clown get ups

Soooo not a lot then eh?

Nice

Good win yesterday. Glad we could crush the clots hopes of playoffs

(01-10-2022, 11:08 AM)Kane Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 10:34 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [Image: USATSI_17478067.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]
Mvp: I love the clown movement
Map shows picture of 40ish people with 5 or 6 idiots in half [BLEEP] clown get ups

Soooo not a lot then eh?

Nice

No not very many. Times-Union said the stadium was full of clowns which it clearly wasn't but oh well. We had three guys in front of us with clown wigs but they had taken them off by the third quarter. Meaningless win really but enjoyable anyway, you got to take the positives any way you can get them.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-10-2022, 11:24 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(01-10-2022, 11:08 AM)Kane Wrote: Mvp: I love the clown movement

Soooo not a lot then eh?

Nice

No not very many. Times-Union said the stadium was full of clowns which it clearly wasn't but oh well. We had three guys in front of us with clown wigs but they had taken them off by the third quarter. Meaningless win really but enjoyable anyway, you got to take the positives any way you can get them.
There were a lot more than people here are giving credit for. There were very few in full clown gear but a lot of people had red noses, wigs, bow ties, etc.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk