Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2021, 01:29 AM by Caldrac.)

Toddlers. 20 month old toddler. He's a pain in the [BLEEP]. Walks around like he owns the place. Can't talk fully so he mumbles like a frustrated caveman and then has outbursts of words like "momma" and "dada".

It's like, c'mon dude, learn words. Spent an hour tonight philosophically debating with this [BLEEP] about why a vtech learning center cannot be used as a multidesk at the same time.

You cant use the chalkboard and the projection screen on it at the same time butt munch. Pick one or the other. [BLEEP].

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-30-2021, 12:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 12:11 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Yeah, this thread seems the wrong place for that "complaint".

It's a trivial annoyance. This is the Trivial Annoyances thread. Where else do I complain about 77 degree temps at the end of December?  Undecided

And yes, it is annoying Marty. I like my winters nice and coldBig Grin

hear, hear!

If only for the week of xmas-new year's, I want frosty temps.

I spent much of the week/weekend in shorts, it's so very wrong.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 08:19 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

“Let’s go buy Lotto tickets.. it’s 600m!” 

Go buy your own tickets.  As if the normal 10-20 mil isnt suitable enough for you.  If that’s the case, go have your butler buy the tickets. Get the hell outta here. Leave me out of this equation.  Unless of course…. 

Hey Bud!

My son spent a couple of days in the hospital last year. He gets a bill for $4k, $2.5k of which is a charge to have a doctor look at his CT scan. Ridiculous.

(01-03-2022, 12:45 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-30-2021, 12:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It's a trivial annoyance. This is the Trivial Annoyances thread. Where else do I complain about 77 degree temps at the end of December?  Undecided

And yes, it is annoying Marty. I like my winters nice and coldBig Grin

hear, hear!

If only for the week of xmas-new year's, I want frosty temps.

I spent much of the week/weekend in shorts, it's so very wrong.

It was delightful sitting on the beach in my trunks, drinking beer, watching my kids play in the water on Christmas Day. Then again on New Year's Day. Ya'll can keep that cold crap.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Well somehow over night my internet woes cured itself. I reset the router and all that fun stuff and didn’t work as I wanted, but works how I want it to now! The network name and pw has changed. Not too annoying until I tried to check my security cameras. I think I’ll just rename the network the same as it was before and change the PW the what it was and I think everything will magically work. It’s kinda fun messing with that router when I get it right. Mainly the challenge of it for a guy like myself that has very little clue about it. But the non-stop searching online on how to do it and pretty much every term might as well be Chinese! Was a headache.

Seeing some guy do the exploding fist bump. Please, just stop.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2022, 05:48 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-13-2022, 05:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Seeing some guy do the exploding fist bump. Please, just stop.

My daughter does that to me all the time!

Post it notes that alternate their sticky side from top to bottom.  I grab two every time!  Irritates the dog [BLEEP] outta me.

(01-13-2022, 05:46 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 05:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Seeing some guy do the exploding fist bump. Please, just stop.

Post it notes that alternate their sticky side from top to bottom.  I grab two every time!  Irritates the dog [BLEEP] outta me.

....aren't those posties supposed to go in a kleenex-type dispenser, so that the process of pulling one gives you one to use and holsters the next one in the chamber?

(01-14-2022, 09:36 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 05:46 PM)Jags Wrote: My daughter does that to me all the time!

....aren't those posties supposed to go in a kleenex-type dispenser, so that the process of pulling one gives you one to use and holsters the next one in the chamber?

Idk.  But, if they made it right, I wouldn’t need it in the first place.

(01-13-2022, 05:46 PM)Jags Wrote:

It’s cute when kids do it, but grown men look like dunces.

Not an annoyance really, just a question of need. 

Why do people turn there garages into TV rooms? A few houses in my neighborhood do it and now my neighbor has too. It’s only him, his wife and two small children in a two story 3000 sq ft house. He has plenty of room inside, yet he’s converted his garage with a rug, couch and a large screen TV with, annoyingly enough, bright LED lights strung around the periphery of the screen. 
I guess you can get away with it this time of year, but I’ll be damned if my [BLEEP] will be sitting in a garage watching TV in July. But then again, I have no urge at any time of year to sit in my garage when I have a climate controlled house to lounge in.

(01-14-2022, 03:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Not an annoyance really, just a question of need. 

Why do people turn there garages into TV rooms? A few houses in my neighborhood do it and now my neighbor has too. It’s only him, his wife and two small children in a two story 3000 sq ft house. He has plenty of room inside, yet he’s converted his garage with a rug, couch and a large screen TV with, annoyingly enough, bright LED lights strung around the periphery of the screen. 
I guess you can get away with it this time of year, but I’ll be damned if my [BLEEP] will be sitting in a garage watching TV in July. But then again, I have no urge at any time of year to sit in my garage when I have a climate controlled house to lounge in.

Oddly I keep cars in my garage.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-14-2022, 03:45 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 03:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Not an annoyance really, just a question of need. 

Oddly I keep cars in my garage.

Weirdo. Who does that?

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2022, 03:56 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I’ve got a couple neighbors that do that too. Complete with the screen around the overhead door opening.   I chalked it up to “man cave” until I realized one did it and they weren’t partiers and that he and his wife were just chilling in the garage.  I don’t get it either.  My idea of relaxing and fun is being out back on my patio where I have privacy.  I look forward to it at times. Seems like these people they can’t wait to get to the garage. 

I had a Tv in my garage at one point.  But it was mostly there because I wanted another super Joey so I could dvr more without conflicts.  That was years ago and I don’t have it anymore.  I did try to catch a cubs game when they were in the WS.  And I had the garage door shut and hoodie on and froze my butt off.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2022, 05:38 AM by surfon. Edited 1 time in total.)

When did going in a furniture store become worse than going on a car lot?

Buying a couch has become much more frustrating and annoying than in the past. What a crap business model that has become.

And dont get me started on the prices and crap quality either.

(01-15-2022, 05:38 AM)surfon Wrote: When did going in a furniture store become worse than going on a car lot?

Buying a couch has become much more frustrating and annoying than in the past.  What a crap business model that has become.

And dont get me started on the prices and crap quality either.

We bought a bunch of stuff from Havertys a few years back.   Our salesperson lied to us.  After buying the furniture we expected our delivery in a week or so.  We got our bed.  But the couch and recliner took four months.  We tried to cancel the order and such.  But customer service was terrible.  At least with a car, you get to take it home after you buy it

We had a hard time finding the right furniture we liked that was made solid as well. Hard to find solid wood these days. But we finally found one. Paid for it. But I can’t imagine this bed not lasting a lifetime. Took two guys to bring in the side rails (both times and I had to give a hand on the head board. They managed the foot board with some struggle. I hope I never need to move this thing myself

(01-14-2022, 03:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 03:45 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Oddly I keep cars in my garage.

Weirdo. Who does that?

One car (placed temporarily) in a 2 car garage is the most my "stuff" will ever allow. 

LOL

(01-17-2022, 09:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 03:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Weirdo. Who does that?

One car (placed temporarily) in a 2 car garage is the most my "stuff" will ever allow. 

LOL

Same here. I’m in the process of reorganization with new shelves and a sweet new huge rollaway tool cabinet I found on sale at Home Depot. My biggest obstacle is I’ve become Dad’s Storage Facility. Too many things that are not mine occupy needed space.