Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Playoffs 2022

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2022, 03:41 PM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

Numerous concentration penalties by the Cowboys on both sides of the ball probably was the difference in the game.

I think there's around a 50-50 chance Jerry Jones elects to replace Mike McCarthy as Head Coach. The Cowboys were at or near the top of the NFL in penalty yardage in the regular season. Yesterday's playoff game against the 49ers wasn't an exception.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-17-2022, 03:41 PM)D6 Wrote: Numerous concentration penalties by the Cowboys on both sides of the ball probably was the difference in the game.

I think there's around a 50-50 chance Jerry Jones elects to replace Mike McCarthy as Head Coach.  The Cowboys were at or near the top of the NFL in penalty yardage in the regular season. Yesterday's playoff game against the 49ers wasn't an exception.

They shot themselves in the foot several times.

(which was what spawned my in-game comp to the Meyer-led Jags earlier in the thread)

(01-17-2022, 03:41 PM)D6 Wrote: Numerous concentration penalties by the Cowboys on both sides of the ball probably was the difference in the game.

I think there's around a 50-50 chance Jerry Jones elects to replace Mike McCarthy as Head Coach.  The Cowboys were at or near the top of the NFL in penalty yardage in the regular season. Yesterday's playoff game against the 49ers wasn't an exception.

It's Jerry Jones. The chances are much lower than that.

(01-17-2022, 04:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

They shot themselves in the foot several times.

(which was what spawned my in-game comp to the Meyer-led Jags earlier in the thread)

The Illegal Formation penalty on the Jaguars first play on Offense in the season opener in Houston, was an indicator of the lack of overall focus by Urban Meyer as Jags HC. 

Unlike the Cowboys,  the Jags had a very limited margin of error in the 2021 season.  Yet, against a 49ers team that has a top 10 caliber Offense and Defense,  the Cowboys lack of discipline caught up to them.  The final play of the game was a fitting end to the Cowboys season.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2022, 05:04 PM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-17-2022, 04:11 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:

It's Jerry Jones. The chances are much lower than that.

Based on past seasons, I would strongly agree.  The difference this time around is Jerry Jones turns 80 later this year.  The milestone birthday is something that he's well aware of and it could play heavily into his decision making as Cowboys GM.

(01-17-2022, 01:30 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 01:15 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: threat of violence or bodily harm lol... little extreme don't you think... and I never said that nor did dak... but they should be held accountable... with all the rule changes and regulations.... fines and suspensions the players get... and nothing for the referees.  It gets worse every year.... the league is always so focused on everything else yet they continue to ignore horrible officiating.... at least do something

Seems the refs give the NFL the outcomes they desire, why would they change that?
exactly

(01-17-2022, 04:57 PM)D6 Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 04:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They shot themselves in the foot several times.

The Illegal Formation penalty on the Jaguars first play on Offense in the season opener in Houston, was an indicator of the lack of overall focus by Urban Meyer as Jags HC. 

Unlike the Cowboys,  the Jags had a very limited margin of error in the 2021 season.  Yet, against a 49ers team that has a top 10 caliber Offense and Defense,  the Cowboys lack of discipline caught up to them.  The final play of the game was a fitting end to the Cowboys season.
you know teams make mistakes sometimes...and it has nothing to do with coaching...So BB with the Patriots...they never made mistakes? they did...some of the most basic like illegal formation... sometimes the team is young and make mistakes... sometimes the most seasoned veterans make stupid mistakes....not always coaching

Eric Weddle playing tonight for the first time in two years. It's amazing he stayed in such good shape while in retirement.

Cardinals just tried a trick playing throwing the ball backwards. Refs ruled it was a forward pass. That pass looked like more of a backward pass than the titans kick return lateral back in 1999 playoff game.

Everyone is so quick to anoint Kyler Murray. He's talented, but this offense doesn't ask him to do much. Kingsbury and Kyler are both in way over their heads.

playoff games are normally won by the guys in the trenches
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Cardinals need to get their heads straight. They look like deer out there so far

Akers looking explosive.

If I didn't already know better, if somebody told me he was coming off an Achilles injury just 6 months ago I would have called bull [BLEEP].

Pretty impressive.

Never seen a pass go through the receivers hands, bounce off the defenders chest and back to the reciever
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(01-17-2022, 10:16 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Cardinals need to get their heads straight. They look like deer out there so far
Inexperience in the post season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-17-2022, 11:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 10:16 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Cardinals need to get their heads straight. They look like deer out there so far
Inexperience in the post season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

As a Texas Tech fan, this is the Kliff Kingsbury effect.

Not to mention the fact that Kyler is massively overrated.  He's not an MVP level player.  He makes a lot of poor decisions.

(01-17-2022, 08:29 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 04:57 PM)D6 Wrote: The Illegal Formation penalty on the Jaguars first play on Offense in the season opener in Houston, was an indicator of the lack of overall focus by Urban Meyer as Jags HC. 

you know teams make mistakes sometimes...and it has nothing to do with coaching...So BB with the Patriots...they never made mistakes? they did...some of the most basic like illegal formation... sometimes the team is young and make mistakes... sometimes the most seasoned veterans make stupid mistakes....not always coaching

A key word is sometimes.  The Cowboys penalty situation was well beyond that level. 

The Cowboys led the NFL in being called for most penalties and penalty yards in the 2021 regular season. What transpired vs. SF in the playoffs was a carry over from the regular season.

(01-18-2022, 03:39 AM)D6 Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 08:29 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: you know teams make mistakes sometimes...and it has nothing to do with coaching...So BB with the Patriots...they never made mistakes? they did...some of the most basic like illegal formation... sometimes the team is young and make mistakes... sometimes the most seasoned veterans make stupid mistakes....not always coaching

A key word is sometimes.  The Cowboys penalty situation was well beyond that level. 

The Cowboys led the NFL in being called for most penalties and penalty yards in the 2021 regular season. What transpired vs. SF in the playoffs was a carry over from the regular season.

When teams continue to make the same mistakes throughout the year and then carry that over into the playoffs or the following season it tends to point out that coaching is the problem. For the Jags it's been stupid taunting penalties and personal fouls because the coach(es) wouldn't reign in the nonsense, for Dallas is was basic procedure stuff that really shouldn't happen but rarely in the pros. Between 2001 and 2018 the Patriots had the 2nd lowest number of procedure penalties in the League, so any reference by some people to that team should be taken with a boulder of salt.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

we better prepare ourselves. watch this year be a super bowl remaatch of tittians vs rams,and this time tittians win. 

For last serveal years there hasn't been a team in the super bowl that i don't dislike.  poor Bengals will get destroyed by tittians.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-18-2022, 08:45 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: we better prepare ourselves. watch this year be a super bowl remaatch of tittians vs rams,and this time tittians win. 

For last serveal years there hasn't been a team in the super bowl that i don't dislike.  poor Bengals will get destroyed by tittians.

Packers Vs. Buccaneers in the NFC Championship game

Packers win

Chiefs Vs. Bengals in the AFC Championship game

Chiefs win

Chiefs Vs. Packers in the Superbowl 

Packers win it all
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."