Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Head Coach Candidates (Merged Threads)

(01-21-2022, 06:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Or maybe buckle up for the ride lol

That's how I interpret it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-21-2022, 06:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 06:23 PM)Jags Wrote: That would be a bummer to lose out on JC and BL both in one fowl swoop.

Yes. However, would it really surprise anybody?

How could it?  We all know Shad's going to [BLEEP] this up.  It being 2 weeks after the season and Baalke still having a job shows as much.

Khan has smartest guy in the room syndrome.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 09:38 PM by OzJohnnie.)

(01-21-2022, 06:23 PM)Jags Wrote: That would be a bummer to lose out on JC and BL both in one fowl swoop.

*fell swoop

(01-21-2022, 05:26 PM)Upper Wrote: Welp that is kind of ominous.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1484632959533604873

Leak from his manager. Maximising negotiation leverage.

(01-21-2022, 09:35 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:

*fell swoop

(01-21-2022, 05:26 PM)Upper Wrote: Welp that is kind of ominous.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1484632959533604873

Thanks for the grammatical correction.  I’m not sure if I’m being sarcastic or not.  I new it was wrong when I typed it.

(01-21-2022, 09:43 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 09:35 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: *fell swoop

Thanks for the grammatical correction.  I’m not sure if I’m being sarcastic or not.  I new it was wrong when I typed it.

*Gnu it.

*tiped it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2022, 09:05 AM by jagforlife85. Edited 1 time in total.)

“Jags GM Baalke Strongly backing Colts Matt Eberflus in coach search” per CBS sports 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jagua...um=twitter

(01-22-2022, 09:01 AM)jagforlife85 Wrote: “Jags GM Baalke Strongly backing Colts Matt Eberflus in coach search” per CBS sports 

[Image: ?format=1500w]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2022, 09:28 AM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

As everyone knows by now, I like Eberflus and would be perfectly happy with him as coach...but not if it's because of Baalke's strong recommendation aka not if it's because Baalke thinks Eberflus would keep him employed.

I find it inexplicably bizarre that this organization is seemingly prioritizing what’s best for Baalke in this coaching search, rather than prioritizing what’s best for Trevor Lawrence. The fact that the Jaguars haven’t reached out to guys Brian Daboll to gauge his interest in this job is malpractice, I’m assuming they haven’t reached out to Daboll because he isn’t willing to work with Baalke. Imagine prioritizing Baalke over Lawrence, it’s a staggering level of incompetence.

(01-22-2022, 09:33 AM)jagforlife85 Wrote: I find it inexplicably bizarre that this organization is seemingly prioritizing what’s best for Baalke in this coaching search, rather than prioritizing what’s best for Trevor Lawrence. The fact that the Jaguars haven’t reached out to guys Brian Daboll to gauge his interest in this job is malpractice, I’m assuming they haven’t reached out to Daboll because he isn’t willing to work with Baalke. Imagine prioritizing Baalke over Lawrence, it’s a staggering level of incompetence.

That's because Khan knows best. Despite his overall record as an owner.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-21-2022, 01:55 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Now this is interesting.  Jim Caldwell has turned down interview requests with the Vikings and Raiders. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...s-raiders/

https://twitter.com/jimcaldwell_nfl/stat...85961?s=21

https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/14848...48864?s=21

Baalke fired after the draft?!

I have nothing against Eberflus since I can't say I even heard about him until this coaching search. What does bother me is that most fans and sports media believed the Jaguars should hire someone with head coaching experience and whose expertise is on the offensive side of the ball. If Baalke is pushing this hire then that makes strike 3 for me.

We are in sort of a no-win situation with Baalke. No matter who he chooses, it will be one of his guys, since he’s the dang GM hiring him. None of us have faith in his decisions, so it is sort of is unfair to the new coach, because no matter who Baalke picks, we are going to wonder about it.

(01-22-2022, 09:01 AM)jagforlife85 Wrote: “Jags GM Baalke Strongly backing Colts Matt Eberflus in coach search” per CBS sports 

Why is this team so hell bent on Baalke. It's like a bus is flying towards Khan at 100mph and everyone is telling him he's going to get crushed by it but he's convinced he can take it head on.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-22-2022, 11:38 AM)Protozoa Wrote:

Why is this team so hell bent on Baalke. It's like a bus is flying towards Khan at 100mph and everyone is telling him he's going to get crushed by it but he's convinced he can take it head on.

Because our owner is literally incompetent.  Baalke is the abusive boyfriend and Khan is the girl who thinks she can fix him no matter what all her friends and all the evidence say.

I honestly am just flabbergasted by the level of incompetence.  All of sports media, former players, and the entire [BLEEP] fanbase are begging you to can this guy.  How in the [BLEEP] world is he still employed.  He's done nothing anywhere to even remotely imply that he is worth it.  His very presence is limiting your coaching search.

And then I remember that this is the guy that watched the FO chase off our best players and waited weeks upon weeks to fire Urban.  Shad Khan is an absolute pox upon this team.  He is unqualified to even be a football fan, much less an owner.  We're [BLEEP].

It is what it is. If balkie is still here by now, hes probably going to be here until this time next season and maybe beyond.

(01-22-2022, 12:21 PM)Jag88 Wrote: It is what it is. If balkie is still here by now, hes probably going to be here until this time next season and maybe beyond.

Nope, I am absolutely not accepting it is what it is.

RIP
Trevor's Career
4/29/2021 - 4/29/2021
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

So as of now it sounds like basically no matter who we get they are going to have the Baalke anchor hanging around their neck at least through the draft? Is that what most people have been getting the sense of today?