Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2022, 04:34 AM by captivating. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-18-2022, 02:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 01:33 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I considered it but didn't think it complimented the furniture and decided to go with a Monet.

This guy let his aspirations get bigger than his wallet. He’s desperate. Who has $10M of disposable income and surfs Craigslist? I’m sure there are internet sites and circles which specialize in items like this and no one is showing interest.

Maybe the strategy is post it in Craigslist to get the listing shared across multiple social media platforms to generate buzz. It's also more likely to reach an interested person than selling it through Sotheby's

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-18-2022, 06:29 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 02:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This guy let his aspirations get bigger than his wallet. He’s desperate. Who has $10M of disposable income and surfs Craigslist? I’m sure there are internet sites and circles which specialize in items like this and no one is showing interest.
The ad looks legit, but is it?  When I looked at it, I was going back and forth.  If it was some guy being funny then it is pretty good.  If this guy is serious… then I’d have to do what people do to me if I sell something on marketplace through my wife’s FB.  Ask if they’d take an” astronomically” (see what I did?) lower price or ask if they would take payments.  Just to mess with them of course. That’s certainly not a Craigslist item.  Like you said.Specialty site.  

I was selling a mower I spent about 9500 on had 2 years of service (that I personally used, not employees) with 1200 hrs on it.  Asked 4K hoping for 3500 would accept 3k.  A guy asks me if I’d take payments.  And I had about three people ask if I’d take a thousand or less.

Taking payments is fine. Delivery will be executed upon receipt of final installment.

(01-18-2022, 06:38 PM)Jags Wrote: Idk if your parents were like mine or if you were like me as a kid.  But something popped in my head today from my childhood.  My parents weren’t rich.  By not rich, I mean just above poor.  I didn’t know that at the time.  My mom would not buy me expensive shoes because I’d wear them out and get holes in them.  Hi! I am that kid that had patches on his blue jeans!  Now that I’m an adult, I’m wondering if she spent more if I’d be able to be me and still have good shoes.  Obviously the cheap shoes broke. Maybe the good ones wouldn’t?

very same. One thing I'll say about that upbringing was that I didn't take nice things for granted. Taught me to take care of the things I had, and I learned to save for things I wanted.

(I still blew all my paper route money on football cards and when I got a part time job all my paychecks went to the music exchange)

I would be soiling myself. Notice the bottom right corner and the gun juuuust out of reach and close enough for the bear to casually swipe him out of existence if he reaches for it.  

https://youtu.be/rbE53XUtVw0

(01-20-2022, 10:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I would be soiling myself. Notice the bottom right corner and the gun juuuust out of reach and close enough for the bear to casually swipe him out of existence if he reaches for it.  

https://youtu.be/rbE53XUtVw0

Wow.  Some of those photographers/cameramen get pretty ballsy trying to get “the shot”. I figured he was in a blind or tent at first since the bear didn’t really seem to realize he was there.  Boy was I wrong.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022, 11:21 AM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-13-2022, 03:16 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 02:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Any news on your friend, Rico?

Same.  He's in a medically induced coma right now.  I'm getting updates as they are available but not a lot has changed.

So my friend has made a really nice recovery.  They weened him off of the meds that were keeping him in the coma.  He's speaking to people and moving all of his extremities.  He still does need open-heart surgery (I wasn't told the specifics) and then however long the rehab takes.  But all in all, good news.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 08:05 PM by americus 2.0.)

When you know snow or freezing rain is coming why on earth do you go to the car wash? I saw this last weekend with people circling the car wash to get their car washed the day before we had freezing rain. Saw it again yesterday and now it's snowing. It makes no sense to me.

(01-21-2022, 12:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 03:16 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Same.  He's in a medically induced coma right now.  I'm getting updates as they are available but not a lot has changed.

So my friend has made a really nice recovery.  They weened him off of the meds that were keeping him in the coma.  He's speaking to people and moving all of his extremities.  He still does need open-heart surgery (I wasn't told the specifics) and then however long the rehab takes.  But all in all, good knews.

Thanks for the update!

Watching the Winter X Games and major kudos to the cameramen who are snowboarding right with the competitors. Some go partway down and others go the whole course. Unbelievable.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2022, 04:28 PM by americus 2.0. Edited 1 time in total.)

NCDOT has a sense of humor. Lol

Link

Woke up to 11° temperature outside this morning. It's not Green Bay cold (that game was painful to watch knowing how cold it was) but it is definitely North Carolina cold. Most of the snow that fell Friday night/Saturday morning is still around so at least it's cold and pretty.

OK, My Limo to Union Station in DC will be here at about 1:00. My Amtrak leaves at about 3:05...... I should be in Jacksonville at about 7:10 on 1/28 (All depending if the Amtrak is on time, which it never is..... LOL). Plan to spend a few days down there to get out of this 17 degree weather we're having here in Maryland. I have almost everything all planned out as do where I'm going to be going and all that good stuff. The rest of the time, I'll just wing it. If anyone wants to meet, just leave a message here and we can arrange a time and place......... ALways Great to meet other Jaguar Fans.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(01-27-2022, 12:18 PM)The Drifter Wrote: OK, My Limo to Union Station in DC will be here at about 1:00. My Amtrak leaves at about 3:05...... I should be in Jacksonville at about 7:10 on 1/28 (All depending if the Amtrak is on time, which it never is..... LOL). Plan to spend a few days down there to get out of this 17 degree weather we're having here in Maryland. I have almost everything all planned out as do where I'm going to be going and all that good stuff. The rest of the time, I'll just wing it. If anyone wants to meet, just leave a message here and we can arrange a time and place......... ALways Great to meet other Jaguar Fans.

You know there's no Jaguars game this weekend, right?

Don't bother packing shorts.  The forecasted high on Saturday is 46!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 01:35 PM by The Drifter.)

(01-27-2022, 01:28 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 12:18 PM)The Drifter Wrote: OK, My Limo to Union Station in DC will be here at about 1:00. My Amtrak leaves at about 3:05...... I should be in Jacksonville at about 7:10 on 1/28 (All depending if the Amtrak is on time, which it never is..... LOL). Plan to spend a few days down there to get out of this 17 degree weather we're having here in Maryland. I have almost everything all planned out as do where I'm going to be going and all that good stuff. The rest of the time, I'll just wing it. If anyone wants to meet, just leave a message here and we can arrange a time and place......... ALways Great to meet other Jaguar Fans.

You know there's no Jaguars game this weekend, right?

Don't bother packing shorts.  The forecasted high on Saturday is 46!

I know there is no game, and I checked the weather beforehand do......... Just a few places down there that I have not had a chance to go to that I want to go to.  The last 2X I was scheduled to come down, well...... The people I was supposed to meet (So called Friends) cancelled out on me at the last minute, cost me about $600 in cancelation fees and deposits. This trip, I planned it to be a solo outting. I have resevations at the places I want to go do and all that good stuff........... And 46, that will be a heatwave compared to the 15-20 degree weather we're having...... Looking forward to the trip.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Well, I made in. The Damn Amtrak was 2 hours late, they blamed everything from Rail congestion to signal malfunction. I'm at my Hotel now..... Will be at Hamburger Mary's tonight for the show.

Well, I had a great time in Jacksonville while I was here but...... alas, all good things must come to an end......... My Train leaves at 11:04PM tonight (1/31) Got to head back to the cold cold weather of Maryland...... I'd like to thank the people of the Jacksonville River City Hotel for a pleasant stay, the staff of Hambuger Mary's for making me feel welcome (altough I had to wait about an hour before I was served) , and the staff and patrons of the Park Place Lounge on King Street for being non-judgemental and showing me a GREAT time (there 2 for 1 drinks from noon until 7pm was great). Well.... I'm all packed and ready to leave the hotel...... just waiting until about 9:30 to check out and get a ride to the Amtrak Station since my train does not leave untill 11PM. It's going to be a long ride back to DC where I'll need to catch a cab back to my howm town (another long ride but only about an hour or so).... So untill the next time I decide to come down here, Have fun people and Jaguars forever!

(01-21-2022, 12:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 03:16 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Same.  He's in a medically induced coma right now.  I'm getting updates as they are available but not a lot has changed.

So my friend has made a really nice recovery.  They weened him off of the meds that were keeping him in the coma.  He's speaking to people and moving all of his extremities.  He still does need open-heart surgery (I wasn't told the specifics) and then however long the rehab takes.  But all in all, good news.

Final update.  Just heard that Joe was sent home on Sunday.  Didn't even have to do a stay in a rehab facility.  Unbelievable news considering they were concerned about him even coming out of the coma a couple of weeks ago.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

That's great news, glad he's made a recovery!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Awesome news Rico!

(01-31-2022, 07:24 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Well, I had a great time in Jacksonville while I was here but...... alas, all good things must come to an end......... My Train leaves at 11:04PM tonight (1/31) Got to head back to the cold cold weather of Maryland...... I'd like to thank the people of the Jacksonville River City Hotel for a pleasant stay, the staff of Hambuger Mary's for making me feel welcome (altough I had to wait about an hour before I was served) , and the staff and patrons of the Park Place Lounge on King Street for being non-judgemental and showing me a GREAT time (there 2 for 1 drinks from noon until 7pm was great). Well.... I'm all packed and ready to leave the hotel...... just waiting until about 9:30 to check out and get a ride to the Amtrak Station since my train does not leave untill 11PM. It's going to be a long ride back to DC where I'll need to catch a cab back to my howm town (another long ride but only about an hour or so).... So untill the next time I decide to come down here, Have fun people and Jaguars forever!

I didnt realize people still rode trains. glad you had a good stay at the Omni (your hotel's former name) and yes, Hamberg Mary's is a long wait but worth it.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(02-02-2022, 01:23 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-31-2022, 07:24 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Well, I had a great time in Jacksonville while I was here but...... alas, all good things must come to an end......... My Train leaves at 11:04PM tonight (1/31) Got to head back to the cold cold weather of Maryland...... I'd like to thank the people of the Jacksonville River City Hotel for a pleasant stay, the staff of Hambuger Mary's for making me feel welcome (altough I had to wait about an hour before I was served) , and the staff and patrons of the Park Place Lounge on King Street for being non-judgemental and showing me a GREAT time (there 2 for 1 drinks from noon until 7pm was great). Well.... I'm all packed and ready to leave the hotel...... just waiting until about 9:30 to check out and get a ride to the Amtrak Station since my train does not leave untill 11PM. It's going to be a long ride back to DC where I'll need to catch a cab back to my howm town (another long ride but only about an hour or so).... So untill the next time I decide to come down here, Have fun people and Jaguars forever!

I didnt realize people still rode trains. glad you had a good stay at the Omni (your hotel's former name) and yes, Hamberg Mary's is a long wait but worth it.

Wait…when did the Omni change their name?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???