Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(01-17-2022, 10:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 09:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: One car (placed temporarily) in a 2 car garage is the most my "stuff" will ever allow. 

LOL

Same here. I’m in the process of reorganization with new shelves and a sweet new huge rollaway tool cabinet I found on sale at Home Depot. My biggest obstacle is I’ve become Dad’s Storage Facility. Too many things that are not mine occupy needed space.

Every house that I've moved into, the first thing I do is build garage shelves.

It also helps that my house in TX has a three-car garage and I only have two.   Banana
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2022, 05:54 PM by Jags.)

(01-17-2022, 09:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 03:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Weirdo. Who does that?

One car (placed temporarily) in a 2 car garage is the most my "stuff" will ever allow. 

LOL

I can fit a 6.5x12 trailer in mine.  Other side is supposed to be a full length workbench with toolboxes/compressor generators etc underneath.  But I’ve got other work related stuff and a sea of working but not being used 2 cycles in front of all that.  It’s nice when the trailer is out.  The garage seems so large.  Cleaning the garage has been on my docket for 8 months or so.

(01-17-2022, 09:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: One car (placed temporarily) in a 2 car garage is the most my "stuff" will ever allow. 

LOL

Same here. I’m in the process of reorganization with new shelves and a sweet new huge rollaway tool cabinet I found on sale at Home Depot. My biggest obstacle is I’ve become Dad’s Storage Facility. Too many things that are not mine occupy needed space.
I’ve acquired a lot so far in life.  But anytime I ever barrow something from MY dad, he tells me to keep it in my garage because I’d use it before him.  Then on the rare occasion he actually needs it and comes over he makes the comment “you’ve got more of my stuff in your garage than I do in mine”.  Uh…please take it back then.  I offer to send it back with him but he quickly declines.  So, I’m not sure if I’m his storage or if He’s saying I can have the stuff when he goes.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2022, 07:48 PM by RicoTx.)

LOL

My last house in PA had a detached two car garage.  In actuality, it was four car.  Two doors but if you parked bumper to bumper you could easily fit four.  The previous residents were kind enough to floor the entire attic.  I not only had dad's storage, but brother and sister storage.

They were pissed when I moved to FL.

LOL

Organizing a garage to a man is akin to orgonizing a closet for the women folk.

It really does pay dividends, if we can ever get around to it!

(01-17-2022, 09:40 PM)surfon Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 10:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Same here. I’m in the process of reorganization with new shelves and a sweet new huge rollaway tool cabinet I found on sale at Home Depot. My biggest obstacle is I’ve become Dad’s Storage Facility. Too many things that are not mine occupy needed space.

Organizing a garage to a man is akin to orgonizing a closet for the women folk.

It really does pay dividends, if we can ever get around to it!

That’s a great way to put this.  Next time my wife tells me I need to clean the garage, I’ll reference the way she keeps the closet.  I’m sure we’ll both find the humor in it and have ourselves a chuckle  Then get intimate.  

For those that are not married, just giving a heads up.  There will be NO laughing or getting it on.

Instacart. That’s pretty cool right? I ordered some stuff from Publix. My wife did as well a day or so ago. We failed to get something she ordered. I made an order. Had to substitute an item, weird, I never have to. But whatever. As I was ordering, I was confused as to if I ordered ribeye stakes if I was getting single or double pack of stakes. So I ordered 2. So my order arrived and I get (6) .80 ounce ribeyes. Double my order of corned beef hash, half my order of normal regular pillsbury biscuits change the brand of my 1 lb of sausage. I’m very confident I could have gone in and gotten my order correct myself. Professional shoppers my [BLEEP]. I’m glad I’m in a position to pay for it and will go through the items. But seriously? These guys are getting paid 15+ an hour to completely screw up orders???

(01-26-2022, 07:55 PM)Jags Wrote: Instacart.  That’s pretty cool right?  I ordered some stuff from Publix.  My wife did as well a day or so ago.  We failed to get something she ordered.  I made an order.  Had to substitute an item, weird, I never have to.  But whatever.  As I was ordering, I was confused as to if I ordered ribeye stakes if I was getting single or double pack of stakes.  So I ordered 2.  So my order arrived and I get (6) .80 ounce ribeyes.  Double my order of corned beef hash, half my order of normal regular pillsbury biscuits change the brand of my 1 lb of sausage.  I’m very confident I could have gone in and gotten my order correct myself.  Professional shoppers my [BLEEP].  I’m glad I’m in a position to pay for it and will go through the items.  But seriously?  These guys are getting paid 15+ an hour to completely screw up orders???

That's why I shop on the grocery store website and their shoppers do the shopping not someone contracted. Although the girl who did my last order wasn't as good as the one I've had in the past. I rarely use online shopping though so it's possible the other girl has probably graduated college and started a family. Lol

(01-27-2022, 12:22 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 07:55 PM)Jags Wrote: Instacart.  That’s pretty cool right?  I ordered some stuff from Publix.  My wife did as well a day or so ago.  We failed to get something she ordered.  I made an order.  Had to substitute an item, weird, I never have to.  But whatever.  As I was ordering, I was confused as to if I ordered ribeye stakes if I was getting single or double pack of stakes.  So I ordered 2.  So my order arrived and I get (6) .80 ounce ribeyes.  Double my order of corned beef hash, half my order of normal regular pillsbury biscuits change the brand of my 1 lb of sausage.  I’m very confident I could have gone in and gotten my order correct myself.  Professional shoppers my [BLEEP].  I’m glad I’m in a position to pay for it and will go through the items.  But seriously?  These guys are getting paid 15+ an hour to completely screw up orders???

That's why I shop on the grocery store website and their shoppers do the shopping not someone contracted. Although the girl who did my last order wasn't as good as the one I've had in the past. I rarely use online shopping though so it's possible the other girl has probably graduated college and started a family. Lol

We don’t normally do the online grocery thing.  My daughter picked up Covid from school and my wife is freaking.  So on the bright side, I don’t have to go shopping in person.  But in turn, I have to get my approximate order.  We’ve done it twice now.  The first time we didn’t get everything.  This time it was all sorts of out of whack. I just don’t see how hard it is to get right.  I understand to a degree, but the degree of inaccuracy is just amazing.  Like I said, I felt confident if I went in, I’d get very brand I wanted and the quantity of each no problem.  It’s terrible service.

(01-27-2022, 01:21 AM)Jags Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 12:22 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: That's why I shop on the grocery store website and their shoppers do the shopping not someone contracted. Although the girl who did my last order wasn't as good as the one I've had in the past. I rarely use online shopping though so it's possible the other girl has probably graduated college and started a family. Lol

We don’t normally do the online grocery thing.  My daughter picked up Covid from school and my wife is freaking.  So on the bright side, I don’t have to go shopping in person.  But in turn, I have to get my approximate order.  We’ve done it twice now.  The first time we didn’t get everything.  This time it was all sorts of out of whack. I just don’t see how hard it is to get right.  I understand to a degree, but the degree of inaccuracy is just amazing.  Like I said, I felt confident if I went in, I’d get very brand I wanted and the quantity of each no problem.  It’s terrible service.

Refuse the order and tell them why, or tell management how much they screwed it up and not just once. It won't get better if you don't tell the store they're screwing up big time and will lose a customer if they keep it up. If you're having these issues on the occasional order just imagine how the regulars are likely getting jacked.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 10:42 AM by KingIngram052787.)

I learned the hard way through Instacart that you have to put descriptions and replacement options and be very specific about what you want. I haven't had many issues since doing that. Every now and then I'll have an item missing or receive an extra item I didn't order. When you tell Instacart about that via the app/website they always make you whole via either a credit to your account to apply to a future order or a partial refund for the item to your card.

Well, most of the people you can hire for $12/hour don't even have a pulse, so..........
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-27-2022, 10:42 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: I learned the hard way through Instacart that you have to put descriptions and replacement options and be very specific about what you want.  I haven't had many issues since doing that.  Every now and then I'll have an item missing or receive an extra item I didn't order.  When you tell Instacart about that via the app/website they always make you whole via either a credit to your account to apply to a future order or a partial refund for the item to your card.

Again, this is why I order through the grocery store website. Up here we have Harris Teeter (similar to Publix,) Food Lion and Walmart. I only shop online with HT if I have to order online. They will call you when the order is ready and also if a substitute needs to be made.

(01-27-2022, 10:00 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 01:21 AM)Jags Wrote: We don’t normally do the online grocery thing.  My daughter picked up Covid from school and my wife is freaking.  So on the bright side, I don’t have to go shopping in person.  But in turn, I have to get my approximate order.  We’ve done it twice now.  The first time we didn’t get everything.  This time it was all sorts of out of whack. I just don’t see how hard it is to get right.  I understand to a degree, but the degree of inaccuracy is just amazing.  Like I said, I felt confident if I went in, I’d get very brand I wanted and the quantity of each no problem.  It’s terrible service.

Refuse the order and tell them why, or tell management how much they screwed it up and not just once. It won't get better if you don't tell the store they're screwing up big time and will lose a customer if they keep it up. If you're having these issues on the occasional order just imagine how the regulars are likely getting jacked.

I just grabbed the bags and noticed after I brought them in.  If I planned on this being a routine thing then I would call and complain.  I personally would rather do my own shopping.

(01-27-2022, 06:20 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 10:42 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: I learned the hard way through Instacart that you have to put descriptions and replacement options and be very specific about what you want.  I haven't had many issues since doing that.  Every now and then I'll have an item missing or receive an extra item I didn't order.  When you tell Instacart about that via the app/website they always make you whole via either a credit to your account to apply to a future order or a partial refund for the item to your card.

Again, this is why I order through the grocery store website. Up here we have Harris Teeter (similar to Publix,) Food Lion and Walmart. I only shop online with HT if I have to order online. They will call you when the order is ready and also if a substitute needs to be made.

I'm not sure if Publix will deliver like Instacart, they may just get it ready for you for pickup.  I don't really know, I just had an Instacart freebie through my credit card so I tried it.

(01-27-2022, 01:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Well, most of the people you can hire for $12/hour don't even have a pulse, so..........

Sadly, this is so true.  

Since I’ve now had to pay 50-75k a year for someone to mow lawns, the new price increase is 235/cut!  Times 40-ish visits that’s about 9500/year.  Oh [BLEEP],   We just lost all our clients and those clients HOAs just put them on a weekly diet.  Well at least I cure Americans being fat [BLEEP]!!!

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2022, 10:00 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

Laugh tracks.  I finally broke down and watched Big Bang Theory, and all I can say is, any show that has to tell the audience when to laugh by piping in a laugh track is not funny.

(01-30-2022, 09:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Laugh tracks.  I finally broke down and watched Big Bang Theory, and all I can say is, any show that has to tell the audience when to laugh by piping in a laugh track is not funny.

It’s even more annoying if your eyes are shut and the volume turned down so you can fall asleep and every 3-5 seconds you hear it.  Makes it way more obvious and annoying.

(01-30-2022, 09:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Laugh tracks.  I finally broke down and watched Big Bang Theory, and all I can say is, any show that has to tell the audience when to laugh by piping in a laugh track is not funny.

been saying this one for years. Good jokes don't require something telling me it was a joke.

Tell me about it. My wife uses them when we do the big bang. 

[Image: Rodney_Danagerfield_1972-1.jpg]

(01-31-2022, 12:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Tell me about it. My wife uses them when we do the big bang. 

[Image: Rodney_Danagerfield_1972-1.jpg]

Only in theory...