Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Free Agency Wish List

Pretty much looking at these as my go to targets on March 16th.

Chandler Jones - DE
Calais Campbell - DE
Terron Armstead - LT
Brandon Scherff - RT
Zach Ertz - TE
Chris Godwin - WR

Would be throwing damn good two year deals at them with every intent of them starting, competing instantly. I am still going after a trade down in April and I am still looking to go BAP. You can still add talented youth at these positions to work in during 2022/2023.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-11-2022, 09:46 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Pretty much looking at these as my go to targets on March 16th.

Chandler Jones - DE
Calais Campbell - DE
Terron Armstead - LT
Brandon Scherff - RT
Zach Ertz - TE
Chris Godwin - WR

Would be throwing damn good two year deals at them with every intent of them starting, competing instantly. I am still going after a trade down in April and I am still looking to go BAP. You can still add talented youth at these positions to work in during 2022/2023.

I think Campbell would be better served to go to a team closer to winning the SB. Doubt he comes back here.

Chandler, Scherff and Godwin should be called the 2nd FA opens. Blank checks.

Ertz is on the downside of his career and the Jags already have Arnold who can’t block. Ertz is an atrocious blocker.

I’m still throwing money at the WR position. Godwin, Gallup, Kirk…. 2 of the 3 would be just fine and then draft 2 more.

(02-11-2022, 09:58 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 09:46 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Pretty much looking at these as my go to targets on March 16th.

Chandler Jones - DE
Calais Campbell - DE
Terron Armstead - LT
Brandon Scherff - RT
Zach Ertz - TE
Chris Godwin - WR

I think Campbell would be better served to go to a team closer to winning the SB. Doubt he comes back here.

Ertz is on the downside of his career and the Jags already have Arnold who can’t block. Ertz is an atrocious blocker.

I’m still throwing money at the WR position. Godwin, Gallup, Kirk…. 2 of the 3 would be just fine and then draft 2 more.

If they sign any top tier FA, I doubt it will be any more than two.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Chandler Jones - DE
Calais Campbell - DE
Terron Armstead - LT
Brandon Scherff - RT
Zach Ertz - TE
Chris Godwin - WR

Jones and Campbell are a bit long in the tooth for me. I suspect Jones is gonna be expensive, too. In his 10th year, it's a gamble to throw a big check his way and pray injuries don't begin creeping in.

I like the idea of targeting an RT in FA, that will grant us more flexibility on darft day. I'm not a HUGE fan of taking Neal at R1P1, unless they see him as LT. If we cement the RT spot, it pretty well places Little at LT, and we can focus picks at other areas or get some later prospects to develop into reserve roles.

(02-11-2022, 10:01 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 09:58 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think Campbell would be better served to go to a team closer to winning the SB. Doubt he comes back here.

If they sign any top tier FA, I doubt it will be any more than two.
Oh you’re definitely right.

Gonna be hard to lure players here this season.

(02-11-2022, 11:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 10:01 AM)RicoTx Wrote: If they sign any top tier FA, I doubt it will be any more than two.
Oh you’re definitely right.

Gonna be hard to lure players here this season.

I'm not even saying that.  It's just rare that any team signs more than one or two...maybe three, top FA.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Chandler Jones - DE
Calais Campbell - DE
Terron Armstead - LT
Brandon Scherff - RT
Zach Ertz - TE
Chris Godwin - WR

An interesting list on a few levels.

I think most of them will be available, either due to age (C, Jones, C. Campbell, Ertz), expense (T. Armstead), or injury (Godwin).

Taking that list at face value, I would only go after one to three of these guys.

1.  Chandler Jones-older than I'd like with some past substance issues, Jones is still an insanely productive pass rusher.  Considering the depth of edge rushers in this draft, the chances are good of finding one in the second, 3rd, and maybe 4th rounds.  Accordingly, I would sign as a short term guy to be a mentor of sorts to Allen and one of the younger guys.

2.  Zach Ertz-One thing coaches like to do when they are new is bringing in guys who are familiar with their systems to help teach them.  While TE is a deep position in this class like Edge rusher, I think having a TE with experience in Pederson's offense can only help Trevor Lawrence.  Like Jones above, I would sign to a shorter term deal and let him be a contributor/mentor to a drafted TE.

3.  Chris Godwin-He is coming off a torn ACL, so I would have some reluctance to sign him, because he may not be ready to contribute until later in the season, and who knows if he will recover to his pre injury self.  Alhough I've heard WR is supposed to be another deep area in this draft, I feel less comfortable that the Jaguars will be able to land a capable one in the 2nd or 3rd round.  Some good guys should be there (Dotson, Bell, Watson), but if the draft goes sideways, we could miss out.  Besides, there's an argument that experienced WRs might be beneficial for Lawrence.  I might make a run at Amari Cooper, especially if he is cut or if his trade price is reasonable.

Why not Armastead?

From a talent perspective, Armstead is certainly a worthy FA target-assuming he reaches FA.  The Saints are in ugly cap space, so Armstead may become available.  However, he is injury prone, having never played more than 10 games in a season in quite some time.  That's too much unavailability for a guy tasked with protecting a QBs blindside.

Scherff?

Scherff has said he wants to retire in Washington.  I would welcome him if we sign him, but I'm not holding my breath he will leave Washington or come here if he does.

Calais Campbell-He was a popular and effective player here, but he's older and his production is falling off.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

How would you guys feel about potentially trading the Jags 2nd 3rd round pick or 4th rounder for Kenny Golladay?

I dunno that I want to pay 18M for a guy with 850 yards total in the past two seasons. If the Gints are committed to giving DJ all the opportunity to prove he's their franchise QB, I don't know why they'd be moving him, either.

(02-14-2022, 02:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: How would you guys feel about potentially trading the Jags 2nd 3rd round pick or 4th rounder for Kenny Golladay?

No.

(02-14-2022, 02:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: How would you guys feel about potentially trading the Jags 2nd 3rd round pick or 4th rounder for Kenny Golladay?

Nauseous.

He'll no

Hahaha I had a feeling that would be the consensus.

I do think he could help out in a big way if he’s healthy. Not sure if he is though.

I would give them one of the three sixth round picks we have.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-14-2022, 07:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahaha I had a feeling that would be the consensus.

I do think he could help out in a big way if he’s healthy. Not sure if he is though.
I would rather see if somehow even Engram somehow hits the open market and take my chances with him without giving up any picks than to do a Golladay trade.

If we wanted him, we should have tried to sign him last offseason when he hit the open market.

Considering he's not a separator, not sure how much he helps.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2022, 04:04 PM by ATLjag. Edited 1 time in total.)

Just listened to Dave Campo on 1010XL a few moments ago. He had some interesting ex-coach/insider perspective on free agency (and the draft). For the Jags, his thought is to prioritize going after the best WR in free agency you could get, as although there are many decent ones in the draft, there aren't the elite ones...and Trevor needs weapons. With Chark removing Jag reference in his social media, he thinks Chark will be difficult to re-sign. He did not believe in tagging Cam Robinson, as thinks he's just not rated that well overall in the league, likely bottom 6-7 for LOTs. Being one of the best OL on the Jags, just doesn't mean much on an NFL-relative basis. He did think protecting Trevor with OL is important, and is an advocate of drafting the high rated ones. He thinks Little is going to be good, and will continue to develop (and better his rating with more play).

(02-15-2022, 04:04 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Just listened to Dave Campo on 1010XL a few moments ago.  He had some interesting ex-coach/insider perspective on free agency (and the draft).  For the Jags, his thought is to prioritize going after the best WR in free agency you could get, as although there are many decent ones in the draft, there aren't the elite ones...and Trevor needs weapons.  With Chark removing Jag reference in his social media, he thinks Chark will be difficult to re-sign.  He did not believe in tagging Cam Robinson, as thinks he's just not rated that well overall in the league, likely bottom 6-7 for LOTs.  Being one of the best OL on the Jags, just doesn't mean much on an NFL-relative basis.  He did think protecting Trevor with OL is important, and is an advocate of drafting the high rated ones.  He thinks Little is going to be good, and will continue to develop (and better his rating with more play).

I always enjoy listening to Campo. His experience as a head coach gives him a good perspective on the NFL. On a related note, ESPN + just posted a very encouraging article regarding the best fits for the top 50 free agents. Jeremy Fowler and Matt Bowen reached out to NFL sources regarding which "landing spots" would make the most sense for these players. While many of you will laugh at this, he has Teron Armstead going to the Jaguars. It seems as if these sources are not as skeptical that a great player like Armstead would choose to sign here. This is based on the obvious need the Jaguars have at left tackle combined with the large amount of cap space. These were not predictions, just the teams that would make the most sense. I believe that this could happen, although the Jaguars will need to offer him more than the other bidders. 

In addition to Armstead, Cam Robinson was linked to the Bears and Chark to the Falcons or Eagles. They also indicated it would be good to sign Norwell to a new contract rather than letting him leave for another team.

Below are some lower profile UDFA guys that can likely be signed on the relatively less expensive side. These are guys that might start/rotate, but should be strong contributors at minimum.

WR Sammy Watkins- 28 6'1 211 former 1st rounder, played 2021 on 1 year $6m deal, down year with 27 receptions, sub 4.5 speed, WR 3/4/5 challenger.
RT Morgan Moses- 30 6'6 335, per PFF only 3 sacks allowed 3 penalties this year with 71 grade, durable, played 2021 on a 1 yr $3.6m deal. Taylor replacement.
Edge Lorenzo Carter- 26 6'5 255, 2020 achilles, 2021 early injury but 8th best NFL pressure rate since week 12, McCray/Ward replacement.
TE Hayden Hurst- 28, 6'4, 260 former 1st rounder, Kyle Pitts fall out, Falcons declined $5.4m option, Jax native, O'Shag replacement.
WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling- 6'4 207, sub 4.4 speed, 26 catches in 2021, WR 3/4/5 challenger.

There are many others....

So many good IOL. Sign 2 of them.

Laken Tomlinson
Connor Williams
James Daniels
Austin Corbett
Alex Cappa
Mark Glowinski
Ryan Jenson
Brian Allen
Bradley Bozeman
Matt Paradis and Ben Jones as still very solid aging starters that we could get by with for a couple seasons.