Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Rick Spielman Would Bring to the Jaguars

(02-16-2022, 11:46 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 11:33 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: This Jagged poster is an absolute tool
A learning tool? Glad I could educate you.

Ok, I have to admit, that one made me lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-16-2022, 11:46 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 11:33 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: This Jagged poster is an absolute tool
A learning tool? Glad I could educate you.

Oh to suffer the slings and arrows of the uninformed. Where were you and what were you doing when the NFL selected Jacksonville? If you are a younger fan, how did you come to follow the team?

Do you remember the big win over the steelers in 95?
Do you remember Andre Rison and the rise of Brunell?
Do you remeber the Anderson miss and the miracle run?
The team returning to a heros welcome in the middle of the night?
Fred Taylor the three rivers king?
The heartbreak in 1999 to know the up and coming team's window had closed?
Del Rio and the no more 3 yards and a cloud of dust?
Keep chopping wood?
Mojo in Pittsburgh?
Trading a draft for pass rushers?
In Gene We Trust?
Crash and burn drafting and free agent cash grabs?
Sale of the team
Mike Murlarky folly
Ice cream Gus Bus sprinkles
The Boat error
Marroney Balogney
Foles our hero
Here we go again

This fan board is a labor of love and gift as social media pages have replaced message boards. We have been through a lot and are tired of slogans and know better bragging by just got here posters.

All are welcome but come on read the replies. We have been through a lot and it seems disengenious to dismiss what we are saying about Baalke.

Ae can chicken or egg the Myer mess but the reality is they agreed to work and support each other and "change the culture". Sweep the leg Khan take out the trash

(02-16-2022, 10:02 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 09:27 AM)Mikey Wrote: Because if you had been here before Bevell signed with us, you'd have understood that we've endured a decade and a half of bad darfting, pitiful front office hires, unrest among players toward coaches, management and ownership, and we're [BLEEP] done with that song and dance. We want professionalism, harmony, and expertise, and you're not checking a lot of those boxes when TB is your de facto decision maker.

Your assertion that he's behind last year's picks is speculation alone (unless you have an in the rest of us don't) and defies Khan's own statement that Urban would be shaping the roster to suit his own designs.

This isn't saying that he can't learn from his past, or that his picks will all have ACLs held together with twine and duct tape. But, as a fanbase, we're less than willing to play wait and see while we continue to circle the drain. It's not impatience; it's exhaustion.

OK, I get the frustration, but as you just claimed, he hasn't even been in charge of his own draft or free agency yet, so why is he being skewered. I mean, give the guy a chance. 
And who knows the crap that Urban put everyone through. He reminds me of the coach Voight played in Friday Night Lights.
Maybe Khan sees this too.

Because he's played too big of a role in too many toxic environments over the last few years.  In fact, in his last 5 years as a GM, he's had 5 different head coaches, at least 3 of which he ran off on his own.  
As far as San Fran goes, he inherited a stacked roster and ran that team into the ground his last 3 years there.  
Short answer, he's toxic and it's hard to see that changing.

Curious question, and I'm not trying to be mean or funny or anything... Genuinely would like to know, why are you still here now that Bevell is definitely gone?

(02-16-2022, 12:14 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 11:46 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: A learning tool? Glad I could educate you.

Oh to suffer the slings and arrows of the uninformed. Where were you and what were you doing when the NFL selected Jacksonville? If you are a younger fan, how did you come to follow the team?

Do you remember the big win over the steelers in 95?
Do you remember Andre Rison and the rise of Brunell?
Do you remeber the Anderson miss and the miracle run?
The team returning to a heros welcome in the middle of the night?
Fred Taylor the three rivers king?
The heartbreak in 1999 to know the up and coming team's window had closed?
Del Rio and the no more 3 yards and a cloud of dust?
Keep chopping wood?
Mojo in Pittsburgh?
Trading a draft for pass rushers?
In Gene We Trust?
Crash and burn drafting and free agent cash grabs?
Sale of the team
Mike Murlarky folly
Ice cream Gus Bus sprinkles
The Boat error
Marroney Balogney
Foles our hero
Here we go again

This fan board is a labor of love and gift as social media pages have replaced message boards. We have been through a lot and are tired of slogans and know better bragging by just got here posters.

All are welcome but come on read the replies. We have been through a lot and it seems disengenious to dismiss what we are saying about Baalke.

Ae can chicken or egg the Myer mess but the reality is they agreed to work and support each other and "change the culture". Sweep the leg Khan take out the trash
You make a great post MoJag and those all sound like exciting times. I'm glad you were able to experience them firsthand.
As far as Baalke, I'm not trying to be disengenious to your plight, rather reconsider all the pitchfork pointing. He's only engaged in one free agency and draft cycle so far, right. And that was likely tarnished by the clueless Meyer. Not much of a sample size to go on.
I do issue a warning on Spielman, if he gets the nod for evp. It's not all that glitters is gold with him. 
In any event, MoJag, here's to you experiencing those glory days again.

JLC believes there may be a spot for Rick Smith in the Jags FO.

(02-16-2022, 12:30 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 10:02 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: OK, I get the frustration, but as you just claimed, he hasn't even been in charge of his own draft or free agency yet, so why is he being skewered. I mean, give the guy a chance. 
And who knows the crap that Urban put everyone through. He reminds me of the coach Voight played in Friday Night Lights.

Because he's played too big of a role in too many toxic environments over the last few years.  In fact, in his last 5 years as a GM, he's had 5 different head coaches, at least 3 of which he ran off on his own.  
As far as San Fran goes, he inherited a stacked roster and ran that team into the ground his last 3 years there.  

Curious question, and I'm not trying to be mean or funny or anything... Genuinely would like to know, why are you still here now that Bevell is definitely gone?
Why would you concern yourself with San Francisco's prior business? If you're a Jags fan, it seems that's all that should be pertinent.
You just hired a head coach that experienced plenty of friction before he departed his last team. Why doesn't Baalke get that same benefit of the doubt in his second chance? 
I'm here for the honor of dialoguing with you, scottyg.

(02-16-2022, 12:58 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 12:30 PM)scottyg Wrote: Because he's played too big of a role in too many toxic environments over the last few years.  In fact, in his last 5 years as a GM, he's had 5 different head coaches, at least 3 of which he ran off on his own.  

Why would you concern yourself with San Francisco's prior business? If you're a Jags fan, it seems that's all that should be pertinent.
You just hired a head coach that experienced plenty of friction before he departed his last team. Why doesn't Baalke get that same benefit of the doubt in his second chance? 

My issue with Baalke has less to do with his ability to identify talent (although he's had more than his share of misses) and more to do with his inability to have a stable relationship with the coaching staffs that he's worked with. Last thing the Jags need is *more* chaos in the FO.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I found a turd floating in my pool. Upon looking closer I realized Baalke was floating around in there completely uninvited.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-16-2022, 12:58 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 12:30 PM)scottyg Wrote: Because he's played too big of a role in too many toxic environments over the last few years.  In fact, in his last 5 years as a GM, he's had 5 different head coaches, at least 3 of which he ran off on his own.  

Past performance is quite often an indicator of future performance...  You can't possibly be this obtuse.

(02-16-2022, 01:16 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 12:58 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Why would you concern yourself with San Francisco's prior business? If you're a Jags fan, it seems that's all that should be pertinent.

Past performance is quite often an indicator of future performance...  You can't possibly be this obtuse.
Perhaps, but man, let the guy at least collaborate with Pederson for one season before you turn the wolves loose on him. You never know, he might surprise.
I think the fans have made their message loud and clear, so I'd expect nothing less than Baalke's A game in the offseason. Remember, Pederson and scouting dept. is a big part of this too.

(02-16-2022, 12:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: JLC believes there may be a spot for Rick Smith in the Jags FO.

That would be very good news.  I would certainly like Spielman, but I'd also like Smith.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-16-2022, 01:32 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 01:16 PM)scottyg Wrote: Past performance is quite often an indicator of future performance...  You can't possibly be this obtuse.
Perhaps, but man, let the guy at least collaborate with Pederson for one season before you turn the wolves loose on him. You never know, he might surprise.
I think the fans have made their message loud and clear, so I'd expect nothing less than Baalke's A game in the offseason. Remember, Pederson and scouting dept. is a big part of this too.

It seems we're stuck with Baalke regardless, so I certainly hope he has learned from his past and can make a positive contribution sans toxicity.

(02-16-2022, 10:02 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 09:27 AM)Mikey Wrote: Because if you had been here before Bevell signed with us, you'd have understood that we've endured a decade and a half of bad darfting, pitiful front office hires, unrest among players toward coaches, management and ownership, and we're [BLEEP] done with that song and dance. We want professionalism, harmony, and expertise, and you're not checking a lot of those boxes when TB is your de facto decision maker.

Your assertion that he's behind last year's picks is speculation alone (unless you have an in the rest of us don't) and defies Khan's own statement that Urban would be shaping the roster to suit his own designs.

This isn't saying that he can't learn from his past, or that his picks will all have ACLs held together with twine and duct tape. But, as a fanbase, we're less than willing to play wait and see while we continue to circle the drain. It's not impatience; it's exhaustion.

OK, I get the frustration, but as you just claimed, he hasn't even been in charge of his own draft or free agency yet, so why is he being skewered. I mean, give the guy a chance. 

TeamUrbz were saying the same thing this time last year when the rest of us velcro-using spork eaters were unhappy with the shiny new hire.
Guess what we cited as the reason for discontent? HIS PRIOR HISTORY AT TEAMS HE RAN BEFORE COMING TO DUVAL.

(02-16-2022, 02:22 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 10:02 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: OK, I get the frustration, but as you just claimed, he hasn't even been in charge of his own draft or free agency yet, so why is he being skewered. I mean, give the guy a chance. 

TeamUrbz were saying the same thing this time last year when the rest of us velcro-using spork eaters were unhappy with the shiny new hire.
Guess what we cited as the reason for discontent? HIS PRIOR HISTORY AT TEAMS HE RAN BEFORE COMING TO DUVAL.
I think it was just the Niners, right?
You know, I'd guess the TeamUrbz supporters wouldn't be on their high horse then if they knew what they know now. Everything he touched turned to sewage. He is for sure in the top 3 as far as coaching disasters in the NFL.
With that said, it's time to see what all of these guys can do with a clean slate.

The Dolphins just hired Bevell. Please go away.

(02-16-2022, 02:32 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 02:22 PM)Mikey Wrote: TeamUrbz were saying the same thing this time last year when the rest of us velcro-using spork eaters were unhappy with the shiny new hire.
I think it was just the Niners, right?
You know, I'd guess the TeamUrbz supporters wouldn't be on their high horse then if they knew what they know now. Everything he touched turned to sewage. He is for sure in the top 3 as far as coaching disasters in the NFL.
With that said, it's time to see what all of these guys can do with a clean slate.

There is no clean slate as long as Baalke is still here!

(02-16-2022, 03:00 PM)Upper Wrote: The Dolphins just hired Bevell. Please go away.

As QB coach and passing game coordinator. Yikes.

(02-16-2022, 03:25 PM)baggnsaggnbarry Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 03:00 PM)Upper Wrote: The Dolphins just hired Bevell. Please go away.

As QB coach and passing game coordinator. Yikes.
And he'll be just fine there. The Dolphins have assembled a championship-caliber coaching staff.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2022, 03:36 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

Here a Link to the Dolphins message board, if anyone is interested.  Maybe you are, maybe you’re not. But it’s there if you need it. Just thought I’d throw that out there, ya know. For…whoever.

(02-16-2022, 03:29 PM)Jags Wrote: Here a Link to the Dolphins message board, if anyone is interested.

ROFLMAO!!!!
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]