Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Free Agency Wish List

(03-09-2022, 07:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/massey_evan/status/1...HI1q23mAsQ

I definitely make an offer on Metcalf. He would now be my #1 trade target. Lockett would be my backup plan.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-08-2022, 10:34 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Seahawks just released Bobby Wagner. He'll be 32 in June.

He is still a very good player and can play in a 3-4 defense, but he would also be the great leader of our defense that we need since Poz is gone.

(03-09-2022, 01:26 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 10:34 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Seahawks just released Bobby Wagner. He'll be 32 in June.

He is still a very good player and can play in a 3-4 defense, but he would also be the great leader of our defense that we need since Poz is gone.

Maybe he could be a mentor to Jack

(03-09-2022, 01:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 01:26 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: He is still a very good player and can play in a 3-4 defense, but he would also be the great leader of our defense that we need since Poz is gone.

You can mentor Jack all you want, but he still doesn't fit into a 3-4 scheme. It's like fitting a round peg into a square hole. Jack needs to be in a conventional 4-3 scheme as an OLB to thrive. Maybe work him into a deal with Seattle for D.K. Metcalf or Tyler Lockett. Now that they are gonna cut Wagner, they need LB's.

Jordan Hicks released by the Cardinals. Now that's the linebacker we want. Don't know why he'd want us though. Also wouldn't be wise to be back to having two $10M+ off ball LB, so I guess it's not wise. Unless we were to finally realize Jack sucks and released him...

(03-09-2022, 04:41 PM)Upper Wrote: Jordan Hicks released by the Cardinals. Now that's the linebacker we want. Don't know why he'd want us though. Also wouldn't be wise to be back to having two $10M+ off ball LB, so I guess it's not wise. Unless we were to finally realize Jack sucks and released him...

I say trade him. There are several 4-3 teams that would love to have him. He just doesn't fit our scheme. We could probably get a 4th or 5th rounder for him. Maybe include him in a deal to Dallas for Amari Cooper, (as long as Cooper agrees to a re-structured deal.) We could also include him in a deal to Seattle for one of their WR's. Either team is in need of LB help and they both have schemes he could flourish in.

(03-09-2022, 02:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 01:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Maybe he could be a mentor to Jack

You can mentor Jack all you want, but he still doesn't fit into a 3-4 scheme. It's like fitting a round peg into a square hole. Jack needs to be in a conventional 4-3 scheme as an OLB to thrive. Maybe work him into a deal with Seattle for D.K. Metcalf or Tyler Lockett. Now that they are gonna cut Wagner, they need LB's.
He hasn't yet but the talent is there if they can get it out of him.  It's just in his head.  Seattle isn't trading DK, maybe  for the 1st puck overall  but I'm not doing that and  one of the biggest DK fan there is, I wanted us to draft him.

It's really bizarre how much people talk about NFL trades despite them being so rare.

(03-09-2022, 08:25 PM)Upper Wrote: It's really bizarre how much people talk about NFL trades despite them being so rare.

What else do we have to do? It's the offseason, we're bored and our team sucks.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 10:05 AM by Mikey.)

(03-09-2022, 01:26 PM)MikePete54 Wrote:

exactly what I thought when I read the news of his release...."we ain't had a guy like that since Poz"

(03-09-2022, 01:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 01:26 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: He is still a very good player and can play in a 3-4 defense, but he would also be the great leader of our defense that we need since Poz is gone.

...this will be his seventh season. He shouldn't need a mentor at this point, he should be menting.

(03-10-2022, 10:04 AM)Mikey Wrote:

exactly what I thought when I read the news of his release...."we ain't had a guy like that since Poz"

(03-09-2022, 01:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Maybe he could be a mentor to Jack

...this will be his seventh season. He shouldn't need a mentor at this point, he should be menting.
He shouldn't but it might be what could help

(03-10-2022, 10:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 10:04 AM)Mikey Wrote: exactly what I thought when I read the news of his release...."we ain't had a guy like that since Poz"

He shouldn't but it might be what could help

Jacks can't cover TE's when he plays on the inside, whether it be 3-4 or 4-3. He's an outside LB. This team has been terrible against opposing TE's for way too long. A good example of this was the Bengals game last season. That was a very winnable game, but C.J. Uzomah absolutely destroyed us. None of our WR's or Safeties could cover him and he torched us for 95 yards and 2 TD's. This has been a distinct pattern over the past few seasons. If we don't move Jack out of that starting role and bring in someone who can actually cover, this will continue over and over. We can't keep doing the same things over and over, expecting different results.

(03-10-2022, 11:11 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 10:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He shouldn't but it might be what could help

Jacks can't cover TE's when he plays on the inside, whether it be 3-4 or 4-3. He's an outside LB. This team has been terrible against opposing TE's for way too long. A good example of this was the Bengals game last season. That was a very winnable game, but C.J. Uzomah absolutely destroyed us. None of our WR's or Safeties could cover him and he torched us for 95 yards and 2 TD's. This has been a distinct pattern over the past few seasons. If we don't move Jack out of that starting role and bring in someone who can actually cover, this will continue over and over. We can't keep doing the same things over and over, expecting different results.

Well Duhh !!  Banana LOLOL I just couldn't help myself Methinks you meant CBs. But point taken. On the flipside, if a CB or Safety couldn't cover him why would you think a LB could? Tackle him after the catch sure but cover? This is entirely based on the Lbs we have. None of them are good in pass coverage.

(03-10-2022, 11:11 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 10:31 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He shouldn't but it might be what could help

I've stated before this year he was injured and slow, he couldn't run.  It's really up to Caldwell, it depends on what Caldwell thinks about Jack.  Hopefully will be healthy this year if he's on the team.  Caldwell might think he can get the best out of him we shall see

Saffold is still competent, but going downhill and already going to be 34. Let someone else get him and we can go after one of the other dozen good, young IOL FA.

(03-10-2022, 12:59 PM)Upper Wrote: Saffold is still competent, but going downhill and already going to be 34. Let someone else get him and we can go after one of the other dozen good, young IOL FA.

He made his first ever Pro Bowl, I wouldn't call that already going downhill.  Would love to add Scaffold to a 2 year deal.  Tomlinson and Scherrf are a few I would like to add as well

(03-10-2022, 01:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 12:59 PM)Upper Wrote: Saffold is still competent, but going downhill and already going to be 34. Let someone else get him and we can go after one of the other dozen good, young IOL FA.

He made his first ever Pro Bowl, I wouldn't call that already going downhill.  Would love to add Scaffold to a 2 year deal.  Tomlinson and Scherrf are a few I would like to add as well

Making the pro bowl means very little. Rapsheet also just called Landon Collins a star. Guess we gotta go after him now!

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/03...k-metcalf/

Wots our odds on accy getting him lol