Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Free Agency Wish List

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 03:47 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-10-2022, 02:50 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/03...k-metcalf/

Wots our odds on accy getting him lol
I'm not sure but this is something I've been advocating for a while now. Not necessarily DK but for the team to dish out some picks in order to acquire a proven WR1 like the Bills did with Diggs and Cards did with Hopkins.

Metcalf would be a great get but I doubt the Seahawks move him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 03:06 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-10-2022, 12:59 PM)Upper Wrote: Saffold is still competent, but going downhill and already going to be 34. Let someone else get him and we can go after one of the other dozen good, young IOL FA.

Personally, I'm all for filling our interior O-Line needs via the draft. I wanna build a young O-Line and have them grow together. This is a good draft for interior O-Linemen.

(03-10-2022, 02:24 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 01:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He made his first ever Pro Bowl, I wouldn't call that already going downhill.  Would love to add Scaffold to a 2 year deal.  Tomlinson and Scherrf are a few I would like to add as well

Making the pro bowl means very little. Rapsheet also just called Landon Collins a star. Guess we gotta go after him now!

Agreed. It's basically a popularity contest. Now if they make All-Pro, that's completely different.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 03:13 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-10-2022, 02:50 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/03...k-metcalf/

I don't know, but I would move heaven and earth to get him. I still say trade the #1 overall pick and Myles Jack for the #9 pick, D.K. Metcalf and a Seattle's 4th rounder acquired by Seattle via the Wilson trade. I'd do that deal all day.

(03-10-2022, 02:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I'm not sure but this is something I've been advocating for a while now. Not necessarily DK but for the team to dish out some picks in order to acquire a proven WR1 but the Bills did with Diggs and Cards did with Hopkins.

Metcalf would be a great get but I doubt the Seahawks move him.

They've already said they'll listen to offers for him and Lockett. They're having a fire sale.

It sounds like they would readily deal Lockett, but that they very much don't want to deal DK. Not that they wouldn't if someone blew them away, but I don't think 1 for 9 and DK would be even close for example.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 03:54 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-10-2022, 02:24 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 01:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He made his first ever Pro Bowl, I wouldn't call that already going downhill.  Would love to add Scaffold to a 2 year deal.  Tomlinson and Scherrf are a few I would like to add as well

Making the pro bowl means very little. Rapsheet also just called Landon Collins a star. Guess we gotta go after him now!
It means you had a pretty good season, not to mention this was Saffolds 1st career Pro Bowl, its also something they look at when picking players for te HOF.  Collins is a star safety out of Alabama, one of the more popular Safeties.  He hasn't been as good the last few years theough like he was in NY.

Scaffold lol

Also this.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1502...fGKAa3ah_Q

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 03:56 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-10-2022, 03:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 12:59 PM)Upper Wrote: Saffold is still competent, but going downhill and already going to be 34. Let someone else get him and we can go after one of the other dozen good, young IOL FA.

Personally, I'm all for filling our interior O-Line needs via the draft. I wanna build a young O-Line and have them grow together. This is a good draft for interior O-Linemen.

(03-10-2022, 02:24 PM)Upper Wrote: Making the pro bowl means very little. Rapsheet also just called Landon Collins a star. Guess we gotta go after him now!

Agreed. It's basically a popularity contest. Now if they make All-Pro, that's completely different.

Since when has Saffold been a popular player?  Lol.  I'd rather have proven vets on that interior than a bunch rookies.

(03-10-2022, 03:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 02:24 PM)Upper Wrote: Making the pro bowl means very little. Rapsheet also just called Landon Collins a star. Guess we gotta go after him now!
It means you had a pretty good season

Nah it doesn't have to mean that. Saffold was fine, not good or bad. Far, far from being actually pro bowl caliber.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 04:09 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-10-2022, 04:03 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 03:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It means you had a pretty good season

Nah it doesn't have to mean that. Saffold was fine, not good or bad. Far, far from being actually pro bowl caliber.

Did you watch every Titans game and concentrate on Saffold?  Lol

Either way I want Scherff and Tomlinson

(03-10-2022, 04:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Either way I want Scherff and Tomlinson

Having like ~$50M wrapped up in IOL and off ball linebacker is a brilliant way to construct a sustainable roster.

(03-10-2022, 04:14 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 04:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Either way I want Scherff and Tomlinson

Having like ~$50M wrapped up in IOL and off ball linebacker is a brilliant way to construct a sustainable roster.

Which one of those are an off the ball LB??

(03-10-2022, 04:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 04:14 PM)Upper Wrote: Having like ~$50M wrapped up in IOL and off ball linebacker is a brilliant way to construct a sustainable roster.

Which one of those are an off the ball LB??

We already have unwise contracts in Jack and Linder. Adding two more very large IOL contracts would be mental. Literally 4 of our 5 highest contracts would be in two of the 3 least valuable positions in football. And we wonder why we are always made fun of as a franchise.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 04:26 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-10-2022, 04:17 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 04:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Which one of those are an off the ball LB??

We already have unwise contracts in Jack and Linder. Adding two more very large IOL contracts would be mental. Literally 4 of our 5 highest contracts would be in two of the 3 least valuable positions in football. And we wonder why we are always made fun of as a franchise.
Who do you want to sign in FA?  I want to add to the oline and WR in FA Linder and Jack can get off the books next year.  Protecting Trevor and getting him the most protection up front and some WR help is the most important to get him on track.  I want the best oline players I can get, through FA and the draft.  Who do you want in FA?

I know it's unlikely we won't get both but I won't 1 of those guards. We know you don't like a good oline even though these last 2 SBs taught us that's what you need on offense in the playoffs

Not to mention Cam will be off the books next year as well. So we would have 2 high priced players on the ine next year even if we were able to get Scherff and Tomlinson. Not bad at all, you don't like to spend money on the oline for your franchise QB but that's not the recipe for success

There are a lot of good, starting caliber, non market resetting IOL in this class. I don't want to keep going crazy at the non premium positions.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 06:50 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-10-2022, 04:45 PM)Upper Wrote: There are a lot of good, starting caliber, non market resetting IOL in this class. I don't want to keep going crazy at the non premium positions.

What players do you want in FA at premium positions?  When we are able to draft guys that's worth that contract then we can resign our own players to extensions with this new FO.  Right now we don't have that so we need to spend the money somewhere.   It's hard to find guys at a premium position in FA because teams retain thos players.  If there we elite WRs in FA I'd rather go after them but there isnt

(03-10-2022, 06:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...-IMr3WtdYw

That's it????

LOLOLOLOL Bears..

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 07:23 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-10-2022, 06:53 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 06:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...-IMr3WtdYw

That's it????

LOLOLOLOL Bears..

He's 31 and coming off a season ending injury last year.  But ipposite Bosa, I think if he's healthy he can still be a threat on the edge.

It's a way to dump salary and get an extra high pick to build around Fields.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-10-2022, 07:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 06:53 PM)Eric1 Wrote: That's it????

LOLOLOLOL Bears..

He's 31 and coming off a season ending injury last year.  But ipposite Bosa, I think if he's healthy he can still be a threat on the edge.

He still had 6 sacks in the 7 games he played. Obviously he isn't in his prime anymore, but he's still plenty effective. Bears got fleeced big time. Bosa and Mack will not be fun to go against.