Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Free Agency Wish List

(03-10-2022, 07:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 07:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote: He's 31 and coming off a season ending injury last year.  But opposite Bosa, I think if he's healthy he can still be a threat on the edge.

He still had 6 sacks in the 7 games he played. Obviously he isn't in his prime anymore, but he's still plenty effective. Bears got fleeced big time. Bosa and Mack will not be fun to go against.
I don't know if I would say "fleeced," but I'd say the Chargers got the better end of the deal.  But the Bears can still help themselves with that extra 2.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 07:53 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

About like the Von Miller. 2 great aging HOFs. Den got a 2nd and 3rd, Chi got a 2nd and 4th.

Smith the addition of Wilso, Carr and Mahomes its a good move for LA

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 08:10 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-10-2022, 05:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 04:45 PM)Upper Wrote: There are a lot of good, starting caliber, non market resetting IOL in this class. I don't want to keep going crazy at the non premium positions.

What players do you want in FA at premium positions?  

Probably no elite players, but I'd get one of the Arob/Kirk/Gallup/Gage WRs, Ogbah/Reddick pass rushers, a 2nd tier IOL Williams/Tomlinson/Daniels/Corbett/Glowinski/Allen, and a LB like Alexander Johnson/Oluokun/Jewell. I'd kick the tires on Williams/Maye/Diggs at safety too.

Josh Allen is also extension eligible now I'd see if I could give him a big but not crazy big offer to give him an early payday that will help us a little in the long term.

(03-10-2022, 07:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: About like the Von Miller.  2 great aging HOFs. Den got a 2nd and 3rd, Chi got a 2nd and 4th.

Bears got a 2nd and 2023 6th round pick, not a 4th.

Big difference between a 3rd and a 6th round pick.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 09:30 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-10-2022, 08:04 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 05:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What players do you want in FA at premium positions?  

Probably no elite players, but I'd get one of the Arob/Kirk/Gallup/Gage WRs, Ogbah/Reddick pass rushers, a 2nd tier IOL Williams/Tomlinson/Daniels/Corbett/Glowinski/Allen, and a LB like Alexander Johnson/Oluokun/Jewell. I'd kick the tires on Williams/Maye/Diggs at safety too.

Josh Allen is also extension eligible now I'd see if I could give him a big but not crazy big offer to give him an early payday that will help us a little in the long term.
I'd much rather have Scherff than pay 14 mil to a number 3 WR lol.  I said Tomlinson, we don't need to be dumping that money in non premium positions remember.  I mentioned A Rob during the season and a number of times.  You want to give a massive contract to a S like Williams, Maye, or Diggs?  We need that for premium positions?   You just like to argue and cry about [BLEEP] lol

I want good players, it doesn't matter what positions we get as long as they are upgrades and good players but it would be nice to do what we can to help Trev and a good oline would be damn good. DeVondre Campbell is another player I'd like to get

(03-10-2022, 08:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 07:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: About like the Von Miller.  2 great aging HOFs. Den got a 2nd and 3rd, Chi got a 2nd and 4th.

Bears got a 2nd and 2023 6th round pick, not a 4th.

Big difference between a 3rd and a 6th round pick.

Yeah, 6th I meant.  2nd and 3rd and a 2nd and 6th.  I guess, I like it for both teams,  Chi aint going anywhere this year but I think LA has a shot if they can get better on D

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 09:24 PM by ATLjag. Edited 2 times in total.)

Baalke just killed it in a street free agent (sarcasm)...

He signed developmental OT Brandon Murphy, 6'6 330 (although Sea Lion's roster has him at 290), off the 2021 spring football league Sea Lions. He played basketball at Indiana State from 2014-2018, and one year of football at Memphis. His any football experience...1 year at Memphis and spent 3 weeks of development with former Jag Eugene Chung. We got the REAL Brandon....Murphy not Scherff.

(03-10-2022, 09:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-10-2022, 08:04 PM)Upper Wrote: Probably no elite players, but I'd get one of the Arob/Kirk/Gallup/Gage WRs, Ogbah/Reddick pass rushers, a 2nd tier IOL Williams/Tomlinson/Daniels/Corbett/Glowinski/Allen, and a LB like Alexander Johnson/Oluokun/Jewell. I'd kick the tires on Williams/Maye/Diggs at safety too.

I'd much rather have Scherff than pay 14 mil to a number 3 WR lol.  I said Tomlinson, we don't need to be dumping that money in non premium positions remember. 

You think Scherff and Tomlinson are going to get similar contracts? Once Tomlinson gets into the double digits AAV I am probably out. There are too many good IOL.

At least a dozen suitors and wants to play for a contender...can mark Chandler Jones off our list.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2022, 01:53 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-11-2022, 12:11 PM)Upper Wrote: At least a dozen suitors and wants to play for a contender...can mark Chandler Jones off our list.

He was never on my list. He's 32 years old and if you look beyond his 10.5 sacks, he was very inconsistent. 5 of his 10.5 sacks came in the opening game game against the Titans. I just think he's on the decline and for the money he will command, he's not worth it. I'll take my chances in the draft. I'd rather spend that money on getting a good veteran ILB and a WR that we get in a trade.

(03-11-2022, 01:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 12:11 PM)Upper Wrote: At least a dozen suitors and wants to play for a contender...can mark Chandler Jones off our list.

He was never on my list. He's 32 years old and if you look beyond his 10.5 sacks, he was very inconsistent. 5 of his 10.5 sacks came in the opening game game against the Titans. I just think he's on the decline and for the money he will command, he's not worth it. I'll take my chances in the draft.

He wasn't on my list either, but since we signed his DL coach a large amount of people around here thought he would follow him to the Jags. As if a DL coach has that much sway.

Now, I would really like Ogbah, Reddick, or Nwosu.

(03-11-2022, 01:53 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 01:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He was never on my list. He's 32 years old and if you look beyond his 10.5 sacks, he was very inconsistent. 5 of his 10.5 sacks came in the opening game game against the Titans. I just think he's on the decline and for the money he will command, he's not worth it. I'll take my chances in the draft.

He wasn't on my list either, but since we signed his DL coach a large amount of people around here thought he would follow him to the Jags. As if a DL coach has that much sway.

I don't even look at DE/OLB's unless it's for depth. I get my starting pass rusher in the draft. I spend our money by getting a good veteran ILB and a #1 WR that we acquire in a trade.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2022, 02:11 PM by RicoTx.)

Another poo-throwing session.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3346...pen-market

I don't necessarily find it funny that they have Armstead going to another team.  I do find it humorous that they don't have us making an offer.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2022, 02:13 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-11-2022, 01:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 01:53 PM)Upper Wrote: He wasn't on my list either, but since we signed his DL coach a large amount of people around here thought he would follow him to the Jags. As if a DL coach has that much sway.

I don't even look at DE/OLB's unless it's for depth. I get my starting pass rusher in the draft. I spend our money by getting a good veteran ILB and a #1 WR that we acquire in a trade.

I absolutely want more than just Allen, Hutch, and Chaisson rushing the passer next year. Especially since Hutch is tailor made to move down to the DL on clear pass downs. We could easily fit Allen, Hutch, and a third good pass rusher on the field a lot. I'm not opposed to that being another draftee, but we only have so many good picks and a ton of holes I don't think we will have the luxury of taking two good pass rushers.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2022, 02:20 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

Honestly, not a big fan of "list full of players you've heard of". I only think a few of those types are guys we should target, I think the good players who are just under the radar is where the best value is especially this year.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1502343684242747393

(03-11-2022, 02:10 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 01:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't even look at DE/OLB's unless it's for depth. I get my starting pass rusher in the draft. I spend our money by getting a good veteran ILB and a #1 WR that we acquire in a trade.

I absolutely want more than just Allen, Hutch, and Chaisson rushing the passer next year. Especially since Hutch is tailor made to move down to the DL on clear pass downs. We could easily fit Allen, Hutch, and a third good pass rusher on the field a lot. I'm not opposed to that being another draftee, but we only have so many good picks and a ton of holes I don't think we will have the luxury of taking two good pass rushers.

We also have Smoot and Jordan Smith

(03-11-2022, 02:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 02:10 PM)Upper Wrote: I absolutely want more than just Allen, Hutch, and Chaisson rushing the passer next year. Especially since Hutch is tailor made to move down to the DL on clear pass downs. We could easily fit Allen, Hutch, and a third good pass rusher on the field a lot. I'm not opposed to that being another draftee, but we only have so many good picks and a ton of holes I don't think we will have the luxury of taking two good pass rushers.

We also have Smoot and Jordan Smith
Come on now. You can't count on Jordan Smith. 

Smoot is fine but you can never have too many pass rushers.

I meant EDGE rushers. Allen one one EDGE with something like Reddick on the other EDGE with Hutch and Smoot on each end of the DL would be extremely good.

(03-11-2022, 02:19 PM)Upper Wrote: Honestly, not a big fan of "list full of players you've heard of". I only think a few of those types are guys we should target, I think the good players who are just under the radar is where the best value is especially this year.

Are there rumors being floated around that I'm not seeing?

(03-11-2022, 02:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 02:19 PM)Upper Wrote: Honestly, not a big fan of "list full of players you've heard of". I only think a few of those types are guys we should target, I think the good players who are just under the radar is where the best value is especially this year.

https://twitter.com/BadBoyOfScoops/statu...yC7tbXopCA

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2022, 02:34 PM by Upper.)

(03-11-2022, 02:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I've seen us linked to Jensen several times, and PFT said we wanted a seat at the table with Armstead. Also saw someone say we were interested in Chandler Jones too when that tweet about him only wanting to play for a contender.

But in general I think Dilla is just saying that Baalke isn't going to have a tight purse like he usually does. Now whether we'll be able to convince a name that everyone knows to come play for the back to back worst team in the league who has had back to back NFLPA toxic call outs and is still led by the most hated man in the sport? That's a different question.

https://twitter.com/MattLombardoNFL/stat...1709840392