Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myles Jack to be released?

Dylan Moses time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-15-2022, 11:20 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Dylan Moses time.

Let's hope so.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Still sucks. You can always find a role for an athlete

I am okay with this.

(03-15-2022, 11:20 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Dylan Moses time.

I really liked him in college, but how serious was the injury and can he be back to 100%? If he is healthy, he would be an excellent value. I really, really hope he can contribute this season. We need him.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 12:58 PM by enigma.)

I'm actually happy with this move because he was routinely out of position on plays and you could tell he was overthinking it on the field instead of playing instinctively - which led to him blowing assignments.

He was never the LB we thought he was going to be, especially once Poz left.

Dylan might be ready for primetime.

Bring in Bobby Wagner!

(03-15-2022, 10:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 10:15 AM)FBT Wrote: Looks like it.  I guess they didn't think they could find a trade partner?

Did they even try? I find it hard to believe we couldn't even get a late round pick for him. He's still a very good player. He's just in the wrong scheme here. He could really help a 4-3 team.

Why is your first reponse to anything done by any Jaguars FO even dating back to Caldwell is doubting they tried obvious options that us armchair GM's can think of?

(03-15-2022, 11:16 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 10:56 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Hopefully, Bobby Wagner.

this.

I think it's healthy to have a veteran leader among the youth that makes up the bulk of our roster. Jack was not one to demonstrate any kind of leadership presence during his time here, so it may be a win-win by moving on in favor of a different elder statesman.

We already got the NFL's leading tackler to lead the linebacking group. He can lead by example. Wagner is on the decline. Maybe hire him as assistant linebackers coach.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Yeah, we don't need to spend anything significant for the LB next to Oluokun. 15M for one off ball LB is way more than enough.

(03-15-2022, 02:52 PM)Upper Wrote: Yeah, we don't need to spend anything significant for the LB next to Oluokun. 15M for one off ball LB is way more than enough.

Good grief.  Give it a rest.  We get it already.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 03:04 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-15-2022, 02:42 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 10:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Did they even try? I find it hard to believe we couldn't even get a late round pick for him. He's still a very good player. He's just in the wrong scheme here. He could really help a 4-3 team.

Why is your first reponse to anything done by any Jaguars FO even dating back to Caldwell is doubting they tried obvious options that us armchair GM's can think of?

Because our front office has been terrible for many years. Just look at our record. We've had 1 winning season since 2007! That's an incredible level of ineptness! Until they prove me wrong, I will continue to criticize moves that I see as wrong.

(03-15-2022, 02:49 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 11:16 AM)Mikey Wrote: this.

I think it's healthy to have a veteran leader among the youth that makes up the bulk of our roster. Jack was not one to demonstrate any kind of leadership presence during his time here, so it may be a win-win by moving on in favor of a different elder statesman.

We already got the NFL's leading tackler to lead the linebacking group. He can lead by example. Wagner is on the decline. Maybe hire him as assistant linebackers coach.

He was a 2nd team All-Pro last season. If that is declining, sign me up!

(03-15-2022, 12:15 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Still sucks. You can always find a role for an athlete

Really? Cause he was kind of [BLEEP] in some of the places he was put.

Very average.

(03-15-2022, 02:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 02:52 PM)Upper Wrote: Yeah, we don't need to spend anything significant for the LB next to Oluokun. 15M for one off ball LB is way more than enough.

Good grief.  Give it a rest.  We get it already.

I've seen lots of people saying we need to spend a lot of money to get Wagner or a lot of draft capital to get Muma or whoever else since Jack was cut. Clearly people do not get it already.

(03-15-2022, 03:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 02:42 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Why is your first reponse to anything done by any Jaguars FO even dating back to Caldwell is doubting they tried obvious options that us armchair GM's can think of?

Because our front office has been terrible for many years. Just look at our record. We've had 1 winning season since 2007! That's an incredible level of ineptness! Until they prove me wrong, I will continue to criticize moves that I see as wrong.

(03-15-2022, 02:49 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: We already got the NFL's leading tackler to lead the linebacking group. He can lead by example. Wagner is on the decline. Maybe hire him as assistant linebackers coach.

Popularity contest

(03-15-2022, 03:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 02:42 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Why is your first reponse to anything done by any Jaguars FO even dating back to Caldwell is doubting they tried obvious options that us armchair GM's can think of?

(03-15-2022, 02:49 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: We already got the NFL's leading tackler to lead the linebacking group. He can lead by example. Wagner is on the decline. Maybe hire him as assistant linebackers coach.

But is he a scheme fit? Doesn’t Seattle run the 43?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 03:15 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-15-2022, 03:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 03:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Because our front office has been terrible for many years. Just look at our record. We've had 1 winning season since 2007! That's an incredible level of ineptness! Until they prove me wrong, I will continue to criticize moves that I see as wrong.

Popularity contest

Do you watch much NFL? All-Pro teams are voted on by Sports Writers who cover football for a living. It's not like Pro Bowl selections which are chosen by random people who only vote on guys they've heard of. All-Pros are the best at their positions as voted on by the people who cover them. Huge difference.

(03-15-2022, 03:07 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 03:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Because our front office has been terrible for many years. Just look at our record. We've had 1 winning season since 2007! That's an incredible level of ineptness! Until they prove me wrong, I will continue to criticize moves that I see as wrong.

But is he a scheme fit? Doesn’t Seattle run the 43?

Wagner played ILB at Utah State in a 3-4 scheme and was voted WAC Defensive Player of the Year as a Senior.

(03-15-2022, 03:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 03:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Popularity contest

Do you watch much NFL? All-Pro teams are voted on by Sports Writers who cover football for a living. It's not like Pro Bowl selections which are chosen by random people who only vote on guys they've heard of. All-Pros are the best at their positions as voted on by the people who cover them. Huge difference.

(03-15-2022, 03:07 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: But is he a scheme fit? Doesn’t Seattle run the 43?

Wagner played ILB at Utah State in a 3-4 scheme and was voted WAC Defensive Player of the Year as a Senior.

I agree. All Pro selections are generally legit. Maybe sometimes a guy gets an extra one due to reputation, but not that often.

Plus it is not like player votes are all that much better. Lots of politicking and popularity contests there too.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 03:50 PM by Caldrac.)

Was under the impression they made this cut to get under the cap already. They may have another cut coming. Maybe a trade.

Brandon Linder, K'Lavon Chaisson and Laviska Shenault seem more than likely players they try to move on from via trade/cut.

Would give them about $15M back. Could probably use that to sign another veteran on defense in the secondary to a one year deal like Marcus May, Patrick Peterson, Stephon Gilmore or Bobby Wagner to add more strength to the front seven.

If not? Again. Picks 1, 33, 65 and 70 need to be players starting during training camp or heavily featured in the starting day rotation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 03:59 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-15-2022, 03:05 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 02:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Good grief.  Give it a rest.  We get it already.

I've seen lots of people saying we need to spend a lot of money to get Wagner or a lot of draft capital to get Muma or whoever else since Jack was cut. Clearly people do not get it already.
I haven't seen anyone say spend a lot of draft capital to get Muma but if it's our pick and we think he's going to be the best player that's available, you damn right we need to get him.  We need the ayers we can get regardless of position, you still haven't got it yet.  All the great 3-4 defenses have had that great MLB.  Hopefully Troy Anderson is there in the 3rd

(03-15-2022, 03:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Was under the impression they made this cut to get under the cap already. They may have another cut coming. Maybe a trade.

Brandon Linder, K'Lavon Chaisson and Laviska Shenault seem more than likely players they try to move on from via trade/cut.

Would give them about $15M back. Could probably use that to sign another veteran on defense in the secondary to a one year deal like Marcus May, Patrick Peterson, Stephon Gilmore or Bobby Wagner to add more strength to the front seven.

If not? Again. Picks 1, 33, 65 and 70 need to be players starting during training camp or heavily featured in the starting day rotation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I could see that at it could fall out BPA for us

1. Edge. Hutch
2. WR. Watson
3. MLB. Anderson
3. LG. ?