Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban Meyer Expose via the Athletic

(03-21-2022, 05:18 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 11:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I forget who said it but someone said "If this is the way he speaks to grown men, I can't imagine what he's saying to 18 year old kids"

How did this blow hard avoid getting beat down by somebody??

I almost said it's a good thing he wasn't coaching Aaron Hernandez but he did at UF. 

I think the NFL version of Aaron Hernandez would have been a problem for him though. He might have gotten more than a beat down.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hes the anti- christ. I just hope this team wins this year which I'm excited, and hopeful that they will because it seems every year there is a new skape goat around here.

(03-21-2022, 05:18 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 11:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I forget who said it but someone said "If this is the way he speaks to grown men, I can't imagine what he's saying to 18 year old kids"

How did this blow hard avoid getting beat down by somebody??

Guys like that are pretty good at sizing up who they can bully and who is dangerous.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 10:38 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

I was a little disappointed that the article never mentioned Gigi's promised 'Release of the Kracken'. As an amateur student of mythological beasts, I was looking forward to finally confirming it's existence. Now I'll have to return to searching for Bigfoot and Loch Nessie.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-22-2022, 10:30 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 05:18 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: How did this blow hard avoid getting beat down by somebody??

Guys like that are pretty good at sizing up who they can bully and who is dangerous.

Yep.

Sadly, those that are logical and rational are fair game.

Those that can blow up and could quite possibly kill you for looking at them wrong.....

My husband and I were just discussing this and we both wondered how on earth Meyer and Tebow are BFF. I guess a man's personal convictions and their judge of character aren't always one and the same. I'm not a fan of Tebow but I'm not not a fan either. Mostly I feel indifferent about him and don't know anything much about him but I've always thought he had high moral character to go with those convictions.

If he is best buddies with Meyer my opinion of Tebow has changed. You become who you surround yourself with.

(03-22-2022, 12:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: My husband and I were just discussing this and we both wondered how on earth Meyer and Tebow are BFF. I guess a man's personal convictions and their judge of character aren't always one and the same. I'm not a fan of Tebow but I'm not not a fan either. Mostly I feel indifferent about him and don't know anything much about him but I've always thought he had high moral character to go with those convictions.

If he is best buddies with Meyer my opinion of Tebow has changed. You become who you surround yourself with.

Now you did it...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-22-2022, 12:21 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 12:19 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: My husband and I were just discussing this and we both wondered how on earth Meyer and Tebow are BFF. I guess a man's personal convictions and their judge of character aren't always one and the same. I'm not a fan of Tebow but I'm not not a fan either. Mostly I feel indifferent about him and don't know anything much about him but I've always thought he had high moral character to go with those convictions.

Now you did it...

Yeah, I guess so. Dang it.  Ninja

People that wear masks know around whom to wear masks. Also there may be enough naïveté about Tebow that he thought Meyer dude was hard coaching and not abusive. Not saying that he shouldn’t have known. But sometimes people see what they want to see.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I don't think it's that strange since I don't think Meyer ever believed there was a problem with Tebow's transcripts. In fact Tebow was the golden boy and I'd expect Meyer to understand that he needed different treatment than some anonymous player at another position.

(03-22-2022, 01:20 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I don't think it's that strange since I don't think Meyer ever believed there was a problem with Tebow's transcripts. In fact Tebow was the golden boy and I'd expect Meyer to understand that he needed different treatment than some anonymous player at another position.

You mean..... his one class? Weight Training.

No offense to people that worship at the alter of Tebow but calling him dumber than a bag of rocks is an insult to rocks everywhere.... and bags.

My theory, could just be some mind-games Meyer was playing to see if he can motivate a team absolutely devoid of NFL-level talent. And it BACKFIRED. He was trying to change things up but unfortunately made it worse. There's a completely different approach to managing NFL players today. The "old-school" way only works in places that have a long established culture/history of winning

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with crying. Heck, last fall, I cried 14 times!

I do hope some of these players end up stronger mentally and physically after going through this "adversity"

(03-22-2022, 03:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 01:20 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I don't think it's that strange since I don't think Meyer ever believed there was a problem with Tebow's transcripts. In fact Tebow was the golden boy and I'd expect Meyer to understand that he needed different treatment than some anonymous player at another position.

You mean..... his one class? Weight Training.

No offense to people that worship at the alter of Tebow but calling him dumber than a bag of rocks is an insult to rocks everywhere.... and bags.

I was referring to what Meyer allegedly said about John Brown. Just like him both Lawrence and Tebow are from the South.

(03-22-2022, 08:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 05:11 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Most knew he wasn't a good person but hoped he would have the assistant coaching to succeed in the NFL. It still seems to me like he didn't hire most of the coaches and someone else did that. It just seems weird from the start like he was just here for a check.

I get everyone hating him but the Jags are soft. Either you are motivated, ignore him, or stand up and say something. Sounds like the Jags got their feelings hurt and cried all year. Where was the leadership from the players. Every single player seemed ok with it as they did and said nothing. Some players are untouchable and should have put a stop to it.

His coaching style sucks because fear isn't a great motivator for most people. It will work short term but generally doesn't end well. I'm surprised it hasn't come out in the news that he was this bad. Unless he was wanting players to bond and pushback, I don't see how he thought this would work.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I'm SHOCKED you have this bad take.

Also. Can you name the players on the Jags (who have won 4 games in 2 years) that are untouchable? Outside of Trevor (who was a rookie), not a single Jag is untouchable.

Being a leader means you stand up to bullies. I thought all young players wanted to standup for rights, bullying, injustice, etc. Trevor, Jones, and few others not on rookie deals should have said something instead of doing nothing. Standing by and doing nothing is accepting the behavior. There are others who could have said something and potentially been cut but that shouldn't have mattered if they were actually bothered by what was happening.

Yep I don't see how Tebow could just overlook that. You can live with things you can't change but if Tebow is that close to him, he should have said something. He should have let it be known he wasn't ok with him treating people like that.

Tebow's transcripts needed some home schooling help. Meyer also overlooked a lot of stuff at UF for grads and crime, so he isn't wrong that the players he recruited had a lot of issues. I'm guessing the comment was viewed as a racial stereotype though.

(03-22-2022, 07:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/EROCK_Eagles/status/...PT21sKe3qQ
Omg

Hahaha

(03-22-2022, 04:00 PM)jaglyn Wrote: My theory, could just be some mind-games Meyer was playing to see if he can motivate a team absolutely devoid of NFL-level talent. And it BACKFIRED. He was trying to change things up but unfortunately made it worse. There's a completely different approach to managing NFL players today. The "old-school" way only works in places that have a long established culture/history of winning

Did you even read the article?

(03-22-2022, 04:00 PM)jaglyn Wrote: My theory, could just be some mind-games Meyer was playing to see if he can motivate a team absolutely devoid of NFL-level talent. And it BACKFIRED. He was trying to change things up but unfortunately made it worse. There's a completely different approach to managing NFL players today. The "old-school" way only works in places that have a long established culture/history of winning

You could not have read the article and came to this conclusion.  Meyer was way over his head.  IN fact, if the article is true he had no business running a KFC let alone a professional team. 

Read the article then comment.  If you read the article and still say this, congrats because you have blown my mind.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-22-2022, 12:36 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

People that wear masks know around whom to wear masks. Also there may be enough naïveté about Tebow that he thought Meyer dude was hard coaching and not abusive. Not saying that he shouldn’t have known. But sometimes people see what they want to see.

Very true but it would be really hard to not see what was going on.