Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hutch vs Walker (merged)

Allen’s performance last year sucked for a guy slated to be the Edge of the future, add Hutch into that mix and now your opposing QB’s are nervous and not sure which side will get to them. Defense wins championships.

Allen 2021 - 7.5 sacks 36 solo tackles.

https://www.jaguars.com/team/players-roster/josh-allen/
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's gonna be Hutch

Trying to connect some dots here.

A few weeks back, Pederson, et al were saying that Caldwell told them if his defense is to be known for one thing, it's stopping the run.

If the Jaguars do take Travon Walker #1 overall, I wonder if it's because they see him as a better run defender than Hutch, an addition to his physical attributes.

I will say this about Walker: I love the hustle he showed on this play.

https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/148...ng-2022%2F

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I feel the same confusion everyone else does this year. The only guy I feel 100% certain about is Sauce Gardner and we don't really need a corner.

(04-25-2022, 08:02 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I feel the same confusion everyone else does this year. The only guy I feel 100% certain about is Sauce Gardner and we don't really need a corner.

I am of the belief that you can never have enough good corners. Also, keep in mind that if we keep Shaq Griffin beyond this season, his cap number is $17.5 million in 2023. If we cut or trade him after the 2022 season, we save $13.5 million. That could be a good incentive to find his replacement.

Walker #1 is now -155 wow.

-200 now. Ickey buzz building too...don't like that.

Balke is going to screw this franchise over. How is it that the fans can consistently draft better than this front office?

(04-25-2022, 11:40 AM)Upper Wrote: -200 now. Ickey buzz building too...don't like that.

I really don't like Ekwonu, but I'd easily take him over Travon Walker. At least if Ekwonu fails as an OT, I believe he could be a good OG. Walker needs to be a full time 4-3 DE. Walker reminds me of Ezekial Ansah.

So here is thought. If TB and Pederson are so not sold on Hutch. and seriously considering a home run swing on Walker. Is there that much more risk on swing on Thibs?

Yes, the risk with Thibs is more in between the ears than on the field, but that almost seems like better home run swing than Walker to me.

(04-25-2022, 11:16 AM)Upper Wrote: Walker #1 is now -155 wow.

That's one sports book.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-25-2022, 12:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 11:40 AM)Upper Wrote: -200 now. Ickey buzz building too...don't like that.

I really don't like Ekwonu, but I'd easily take him over Travon Walker. At least if Ekwonu fails as an OT, I believe he could be a good OG. Walker needs to be a full time 4-3 DE. Walker reminds me of Ezekial Ansah.

That is still taking a Guard as the no. 1 pick.

The issue is that none of these guys feels like they should be a no 1 pick, but Jags will end up having to choose one of them.

(04-25-2022, 01:01 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 11:16 AM)Upper Wrote: Walker #1 is now -155 wow.

That's one sports book.
He's the favorite on all of them at this point.

Even Schefter just said he would be surprised if Hutch goes #1 now. He says Walker or OT. Fire Baalke into the sun.

Baalke going to Baalke this thing isn't he?
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I need to get off Twitter until Thursday I think lol can’t take 3.5 days if impending Travon Walker talk

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2022, 03:38 PM by Newton. Edited 1 time in total.)

Man Baalke just does not have the track record to make me trust him on this.

I guarantee the only reason Baalke won't take Hutchinson is because of his hatred for Harbaugh. He's gonna let his pettiness screw this franchise over.

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2022, 04:49 PM by baggnsaggnbarry.)

The more I see of walker, the less I want him. Hutch is the right move at 1

(04-25-2022, 03:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I guarantee the only reason Baalke won't take Hutchinson is because of his hatred for Harbaugh. He's gonna let his pettiness screw this franchise over.

Yeah I think you sadly may be right. This is going to be really tough to see. The fans on this board have been right so much more often than our front office (at least with rounds 1–2). Will be sad to see if it goes down that way.