Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travon Walker Round 1, Pick 1 (merged)

https://youtu.be/sh0yVwCa-1o

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

comments on WALKER OVER HUTCH

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/15218672...qfm-dLR3Cw

(05-04-2022, 08:09 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 05:29 PM)Brindle91 Wrote: That contract seems very high.

very high? It's up $500K from the #1 pick last year. The RD1 contracts are fixed rates based on draft position, with no other consideration of positional value, cap room, or whether the player has a cutthroat agent or not.

Other than the slight increase (1.4%), the structure and terms are pretty much identical to last years R1P1 contract.

Just look at it this way.  Last year we purchased a Ford F350 and this year we purchased a Ford F150 for 1.4% more.

(05-04-2022, 12:03 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 08:09 AM)Mikey Wrote: very high? It's up $500K from the #1 pick last year. The RD1 contracts are fixed rates based on draft position, with no other consideration of positional value, cap room, or whether the player has a cutthroat agent or not.

Other than the slight increase (1.4%), the structure and terms are pretty much identical to last years R1P1 contract.

Just look at it this way.  Last year we purchased a Ford F350 and this year we purchased a Ford F150 for 1.4% more.

...but when you go to the dealership you're paying that 1.4% more whether you buy a F350, Festiva, or Mustang.

Every car on the lot had the same sticker.

Walker was 7 on the Cowboys bigboard

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/draft/jag...as-cowboys

(05-04-2022, 01:38 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 12:03 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Just look at it this way.  Last year we purchased a Ford F350 and this year we purchased a Ford F150 for 1.4% more.

...but when you go to the dealership you're paying that 1.4% more whether you buy a F350, Festiva, or Mustang.

Kind of a cool explanation there..
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2022, 06:52 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(05-04-2022, 01:38 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 12:03 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Just look at it this way.  Last year we purchased a Ford F350 and this year we purchased a Ford F150 for 1.4% more.

Lol .... over the past 10 years, I think the Jags got 8 Festivas !!!

(05-04-2022, 06:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 01:38 PM)Mikey Wrote: ...but when you go to the dealership you're paying that 1.4% more whether you buy a F350, Festiva, or Mustang.

Lol .... over the past 10 years, I think the Jags got 8 Festivas !!!

"Edsels" was right there.... Wink

I hope Walker lives up to his potential.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2022, 07:14 PM by leopold332002. Edited 1 time in total.)

Jaguarmvp makes too many threads to the point where I wondered if it is an addiction.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(05-03-2022, 08:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Khalil Mack
Wait. If you think he’s gonna be Mack, why on earth did you want Hutch?

(05-05-2022, 07:13 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Jaguarmvp makes too many threads to the point where I wondered if it is an addiction.

Comes in a thread to complain about somebody making threads in a dead forum.  Nice!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(05-05-2022, 07:37 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 08:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Khalil Mack
Wait. If you think he’s gonna be Mack, why on earth did you want Hutch?

I didn't say I think he's going to be Mack.  But that's his potential

(05-05-2022, 07:13 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Jaguarmvp makes too many threads to the point where I wondered if it is an addiction.

Preach.

Lacking in real life fulfillment I guess

(05-01-2022, 01:39 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: He does look like a man among boys in most of this clip. 

https://youtu.be/5_raRAOMDrk

Definitely a lot happier about this pick now I’m watching more, to me, im most impressed with the last 2 plays in that video, the screen and the potential RPO, especially the screen as no one talked about his football IQ which was evidently there.

Walker really doesn't remind me of any other d- linemen. It's like he was created in a lab.

(05-01-2022, 07:54 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Guys, do you realize that the Jags are going to be a legit team when they step on the field this year?  They will be even money in two thirds of the games and be competitive in all the others.  I am so hyped right now for the season.

It really all depends on one player, we can have the greatest defense, best WRs and an amazing RB... but if the QB throws for 12 TDs again it will be a very very long season.

(05-06-2022, 10:47 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 07:54 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Guys, do you realize that the Jags are going to be a legit team when they step on the field this year?  They will be even money in two thirds of the games and be competitive in all the others.  I am so hyped right now for the season.

It really all depends on one player, we can have the greatest defense, best WRs and an amazing RB... but if the QB throws for 12 TDs again it will be a very very long season.
I'll bet anyone anything they want that that doesn't happen next season.

I wouldn’t worry about that.

He should have at least numbers that Herbert had as a rookie.