Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trivial Annoyances Thread

(04-29-2022, 10:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: 1010XL: here comes another 5 minutes of commercials.

I once timed one of their commercial breaks at 8 minutes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-28-2022, 04:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-28-2022, 09:17 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Why do you have to go through ten shopping carts at Walmart before you find one that doesn't have at least one [BLEEP] up wheel? Do they buy them like that?

The cartwheels get messed up because they use those electric cart retrievers that push huge numbers at one time. This causes the wheels to scrub and bind as they manipulate the train of carts into the store.

Wobbly carts pre-date the electric caboose, my initial thought was that most other establishments either pay a little more for higher quality or that those stores take those poorer carts out of the rotation while wally world just gives zero farts about the state of their equipment.

(04-29-2022, 11:27 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-28-2022, 04:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The cartwheels get messed up because they use those electric cart retrievers that push huge numbers at one time. This causes the wheels to scrub and bind as they manipulate the train of carts into the store.

Wobbly carts pre-date the electric caboose, my initial thought was that most other establishments either pay a little more for higher quality or that those stores take those poorer carts out of the rotation while wally world just gives zero farts about the state of their equipment.

Electric caboose…

Can I use that?

(04-29-2022, 11:33 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-29-2022, 11:27 AM)Mikey Wrote: Wobbly carts pre-date the electric caboose, my initial thought was that most other establishments either pay a little more for higher quality or that those stores take those poorer carts out of the rotation while wally world just gives zero farts about the state of their equipment.

Electric caboose…

Can I use that?

sounds like some weird hippy jam band name...feel free, my friend.

(04-28-2022, 06:38 PM)Jags Wrote:
(04-28-2022, 05:26 PM)Sneakers Wrote: If she delivers the slap while you're getting something off the bottom shelf, you'll know she's good to go.
What if it’s the other way around?  Because that is what happened.  She was grabbing the Dukes Georgia Sweet Heat bbq sauce that was bogo.  It was a bit lower on the shelves. The other one was the Carolina gold. She has good taste.  Hope I hope she does too.  I’m not sure if that is pertinent information or not.  Just trying to give the most info I can so we all can learn.

I see several possible outcomes;

1)  You get to ride in the back of a police car.
2)  "She'' turns around and you notice the Adam's apple.
3)  Your wife's best friend happens to come around the corner at exactly the wrong second.
4)  She invites you back to her place to taste the sauce.

There's a 75% chance it will not end well for you.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-29-2022, 06:46 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-28-2022, 06:38 PM)Jags Wrote: What if it’s the other way around?  Because that is what happened.  She was grabbing the Dukes Georgia Sweet Heat bbq sauce that was bogo.  It was a bit lower on the shelves. The other one was the Carolina gold. She has good taste.  Hope I hope she does too.  I’m not sure if that is pertinent information or not.  Just trying to give the most info I can so we all can learn.

I see several possible outcomes;

1)  You get to ride in the back of a police car.
2)  "She'' turns around and you notice the Adam's apple.
3)  Your wife's best friend happens to come around the corner at exactly the wrong second.
4)  She invites you back to her place to taste the sauce.

There's a 75% chance it will not end well for you.

1. Been there, done that, have the T-shirt 
2.I honestly don’t feel I live in that area.  All the chicks are chicks nd they’re pretty hot.
3. My wife’s best friend happens to be my sister….

[Image: joe-dirt-shes-your-sister.gif]

4.  Yeah, man.  I’m really digging that option.

When you use a massive hand sanitizer container and it gets buildup on the tip. You give it a pump and it shoots a rope across the room.

Wow, that sounds dirty.

(05-05-2022, 05:11 PM)Jags Wrote: When you use a massive hand sanitizer container and it gets buildup on the tip.  You give it a pump and it shoots a rope across the room. 

Wow, that sounds dirty.

'Hand sanitizer'.

Wink
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2022, 08:05 PM by Jags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(05-05-2022, 06:29 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 05:11 PM)Jags Wrote: When you use a massive hand sanitizer container and it gets buildup on the tip.  You give it a pump and it shoots a rope across the room. 

Wow, that sounds dirty.

'Hand sanitizer'.

Wink
Haha, I get ya.  If you’re going that route, you forgot the “massive” adjective.  So thanks for your understanding??? Way to go?  Idk where to leave it, lol.  Life is good.  Congrats to you too! I guess we’re in the same boat.  Separate! Separate but same boats!  Like maybe two boats that have a similar hull or such. Two boats on different courses.    I regret posting that now. Having flashbacks of pitch perfect and that heavy blonde British chick.

(05-05-2022, 07:50 PM)Jags Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 06:29 PM)RicoTx Wrote: 'Hand sanitizer'.

Wink
Haha, I get ya.  If you’re going that route, you forgot the “massive” adjective.  So thanks for your understanding??? Way to go?  Idk where to leave it, lol.  Life is good.  Congrats to you too! I guess we’re in the same boat.  Separate! Separate but same boats!  Like maybe two boats that have a similar hull or such. Two boats on different courses.    I regret posting that now. Having flashbacks of pitch perfect and that heavy blonde British chick.

LOL  Pitch Perfect and hand sanitizer.  What's next?  Are you going to try to tell us your wife picked out the movie?

(05-06-2022, 01:56 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 07:50 PM)Jags Wrote: Haha, I get ya.  If you’re going that route, you forgot the “massive” adjective.  So thanks for your understanding??? Way to go?  Idk where to leave it, lol.  Life is good.  Congrats to you too! I guess we’re in the same boat.  Separate! Separate but same boats!  Like maybe two boats that have a similar hull or such. Two boats on different courses.    I regret posting that now. Having flashbacks of pitch perfect and that heavy blonde British chick.

LOL  Pitch Perfect and hand sanitizer.  What's next?  Are you going to try to tell us your wife picked out the movie?

Anna Kendrick.  Love

(05-07-2022, 05:42 AM)Jags Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 01:56 PM)Sneakers Wrote: LOL  Pitch Perfect and hand sanitizer.  What's next?  Are you going to try to tell us your wife picked out the movie?

Anna Kendrick.  Love

I guess that answers her question, "Will you call my name?"

(This post was last modified: 05-07-2022, 01:15 PM by homebiscuit.)

My neighbor’s cat has decided to start using my yard as a litter box. I need to find a repellent. I was going to use moth ball flakes but that’s toxic. Anyone have any ideas?

(05-07-2022, 01:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My neighbor’s cat has decided to start using my yard as a litter box. I need to find a repellent. I was going to use moth ball flakes but that’s toxic. Anyone have any ideas?

A pet coyote?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-07-2022, 01:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My neighbor’s cat has decided to start using my yard as a litter box. I need to find a repellent. I was going to use moth ball flakes but that’s toxic. Anyone have any ideas?

Air soft pistol. Painful yet not deadly.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Okay, now I need some bad advice repellent.

(05-07-2022, 02:08 PM)Jagwired Wrote:

Air soft pistol. Painful yet not deadly.

And almost silent.  You can get off multiple shots without attracting attention.  Gives you plausible deniability.

(05-07-2022, 02:51 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 02:08 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Air soft pistol. Painful yet not deadly.

And almost silent.  You can get off multiple shots without attracting attention.  Gives you plausible deniability.

One or two pumps into a BB gun does the same if you don’t mind standing guard duty all night.

(05-07-2022, 02:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 02:51 PM)Sneakers Wrote: And almost silent.  You can get off multiple shots without attracting attention.  Gives you plausible deniability.

One or two pumps into a BB gun does the same if you don’t mind standing guard duty all night.

Lure it in with a little catnip bait.

(05-07-2022, 03:00 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 02:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: One or two pumps into a BB gun does the same if you don’t mind standing guard duty all night.

Lure it in with a little catnip bait.

I like this.  Take a reel off of a spare rod, attach it to BB gun cast it over into the neighbors lawn.  Reel it in and point blank.

I say you just take out the Christmas decorations and point the laser lights into your neighbors lawn.  

If you combine the two ideas:

[Image: 5c3c1b80734740ce7b96b1acc42b51bf.gif]